Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,851 members, 7,889,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

My job is suicidal..advice plz - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My job is suicidal..advice plz (531 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My job is suicidal..advice plz by xristos(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2016
Hi NLs, I also need advise of the experienced and advocates in the house..a little long bt pls read.

I work as an I.T in a QSR/Fast food environment..this is d 3rd year now. this coy has an Head office and restaurant outlets.
I started with them at the HO and the terms of agreement n contract was based on Headoffice operations which i agreed..5days/40hrs p/wk,holidays.
6months later i was posted to outstation state to manage/maintain the outlets there..but they had to be telling me I am bound by the standard of the stores..e.g 6days 1day off, 9hrs pday, no holidays, no freedom of movement/improvement.
we hav had issues on this overtime n am gettin really bored and want to take it up b4 dey do.

heres my concern...as an IT individual, u hav to keep developing n improving, its very difficult, brain demoralising and abuse to one's intellectual skill to keep u in a restaurant wher u are not involved in selling/buying...my ONLY work there is to make sure the systems are up n running n be available for emergencies even off work hour. I do my job well such dat i may not hav issues n a whole month sef n i hav assured dem of availability at emergencies....but dey just want my attendance doin notin for 9hrs, and come on saturday as well..if i kip on like this I may worn/fade out and may not meet up wit industry demand wich will eventually lead to my layoff.
the management dosnt want to understand this.
You cant just kip an IT/technical person idle.

i can say more but i feel i have a law/act dat detests dis kind of wat i call employee brain drain or wateva.
i need advice. thanks
Re: My job is suicidal..advice plz by xristos(m): 12:32pm On May 26, 2016
smileyI nid d advices...nt views
Re: My job is suicidal..advice plz by gametalk: 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
Since you're always idle during work... I would suggest you use that time for personal development. Also engage on internet biz since you're IT expert.

Better still source for another job/work before leaving your current job.
Your health is the major issue here. If you die now they will hire another staff within few days.
Pray and God help you!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of Discipline In Any Career / .... / Checkout The List Of Ambassadorial Nominees Buhari Forwarded To Senate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.