Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,381 members, 7,978,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:28 PM

Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting (882 Views)

PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile / PDP Crisis: Sheriff, Makarfi Meet Tomorrow As Governors Split / PDP Bot Sends Sheriff, Makarfi Out Of meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Ilochukwuka: 3:09pm On May 26, 2016
By BEN AGANDE, ABUJA.
The former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff and the chairman of the Caretaker committee of the Party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi were excused out of a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the party which is on going in Abuja.

Senator Sheriff walked into the Transcorp Hilton venue of the meeting at about 11:10 am and was followed five minutes later by Senator Makarfi.

The duo sat at the high table alongside the chairman of the Board, Senator Jibril Wali and the secretary, Chief Ojo Maduekwe.

Few minutes later, the chairman of the board announced
that the board had a very important decision to take before the commencement of the meeting.

At this point, he asked journalists covering the opening ceremony to leave the hall and less than five minutes later, Senators Sheriff and Makarfi walked out of the meeting hall.

A member of the board who does not want to be named told vanguard that the two were asked to leave the hall because it would be inappropriate for them to be in attendance at a meeting that was going to discuss their matter.

Moreso yesterday eight out of 11 members of the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party dumped Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as they pledged their loyalty and support to the Ahmed Makarfi led caretaker committee of the party.

In a resolution passed at their meeting in Abuja, the members of the Committee said as products of the national convention of the party, “we accept without equivocations all decisions and resolutions of the national convention of the Peoples Democratic Party held at Portharcourt on the 21st of May, 2016”.

The members said the resolutions at the PDP convention in Portharcourt “Merely reechoes our undeniable as members of the National Working Committee to give up our tenures for congresses and convention to be held in May 2016”.

While pledging their support for and cooperation with the Ahmed Makarfi led caretaker committee, the former NWC members noted that the constitution of a caretaker committee falls within the powers of the national convention as enshrined in section 33(5) (e) of the party constitution.

While enjoining the party’s teeming supporters and other critical stakeholders to support the Ahmed Makarfi led caretaker committee, the members call on other party leaders to shun personal interest and work towards moving the party forward.

It added that in the absence of the national chairman of the party at the convention, it was appropriate for the Deputy National Chairman, Uche Secondus to preside over the convention in accordance with sections 33 and 35 of the party’s constitution.

Those who signed the resolution were Uche Secondus, Deputy National Chairman, Solomon Onwe, Deputy National Secretary, Victor Kwon, National Legal Adviser, Dr Kema Chikwe, Woman Leader, Abdullahi Maibasira, Uouth Leader, BolajI Anani, National Financial Secretary, Buharu Bala, National Treasurer and Olisah Metuh, National Publicity Secretary.

The national Secretary and National Auditor, Professor Adewale Oladipo and Fatai Adeyanj respectively were not signatory to the resolution as both of them are in court to challenge elections into their offices.

Details later.

Source: vanguard news.
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Progressive01(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2016
In Alsina's voice: Another one.. cheesy

The Peoples Destruction Party has destroyed so much there is nothing left but themselves to destroy.

Whatever happens there...none of my effing business. wink

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 26, 2016
LOL
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by SUPOL(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2016
It is well with PDP
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2016
Nigerian media and their hyperbolic reportage. Where in the report were they sent out?
The BOT simply asked them to excuse them so that they could decide on what to do about the leadership tussle rocking the party. But the newspaper added some subtle exaggerations to attract readers.
Some news sometimes make me wonder if there is an ethical guide for media practise in Nigeria.
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by modath(f): 3:31pm On May 26, 2016
bejeiodus:
Nigerian media and their hyperbolic reportage. Where in the report were they sent out?
The BOT simply asked them to excuse them so that they could decide what to do about the leadership tussle rocking the party.
But the newspaper added some subtle exaggeration to attract readers. So much for professional ethics!!!

Isn't Vanguard on PDP's side anymore?

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Mynd44: 3:36pm On May 26, 2016
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 26, 2016
modath:

I care less where their loyalty lies. Newspapers are meant to educate not to misinform the public.
I am a budding journalist and I hate to see the profession thrown to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by KissCODE(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2016
Will PDP eve rise again?
Will there ever be an opposition party in this country going by “jail them all“ attitude of Buhari & APC.
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by modath(f): 4:38pm On May 26, 2016
bejeiodus:
I care less where their loyalty lies. Newspapers are meant to educate not to misinform the public.

Are you pissed because it's your affiliation being dragged, or genuinely naive ?

Only 1% of Mass Media worldwide, both print and electronic carry news in a balanced format... 99% is about regurgitation of their POV disguised as NEWS....

Guardian is about the only reasonable print , Channels for electronic and cable for online that one can see a semblance of balance and fairness from...

Vanguard, Sun, Thisday, Tribune & Nation? SMH..

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 26, 2016
modath:

I care less where their loyalty lies. Newspapers are to inform the public not misinform them.
Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 26, 2016
modath:

Are you pissed because it's your affiliation being dragged, or genuinely naive ?

Only 1% of Mass Media worldwide, both print and electronic carry news in a balanced format... 99% is about regurgitation of their POV disguised as NEWS....

Guardian is about the only reasonable print , Channels for electronic and cable for online that one can see a semblance of balance and fairness from...

Vanguard, Sun, Thisday, Tribune & Nation? SMH..
I know all these but it makes my heart ache. I hate to read "padded" news. Many media houses are just the publicity arm of our political parties.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting by 989900B: 5:16pm On May 26, 2016
May day! May day!! PDP is going down! I repeat, going down, PDP is going down!

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Hijack Bus In Port Harcourt / Flash:Fayose,Ekweremadu Present As Makarfi Retakes Charge Of PDP Chairman(Pics) / Because Their Man Lost The Last Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.