Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:30 PM

Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) (22866 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / House Of Representatives Members' Wives Association Put Up Advert On Newspaper / Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by INTERMAN: 1:35am On May 27, 2016
Hmm Taciturn

2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:49am On May 27, 2016
It is okay.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by almujeebe(m): 1:50am On May 27, 2016
As in rent or lease?
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 1:50am On May 27, 2016
SW states are so broke that they are now selling off schools.

This is as bad as it gets.

After selling off schools then what services are the govt expected to maintain and provide?

After schools then we should expect hospitals owned by the state govt to be sold off.

This means there is no need for a publicly funded office of the state governor as the state governors office is now merely a private institution milking the populace and doing nothing in return but auction public services.

Awolowo will be turning in his grave at what the current Tinubu led rascal gang is doing to his legacy of free education in his region.

This is how that rascal in Osun sold off govt school to make way for shopprite.

Tinubu remains a canker worm that must be uprooted

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 1:51am On May 27, 2016
adekanmbi1986:
It is okay.

No it isn't fcking ok.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 1:55am On May 27, 2016

This advert is clamouring for partnership with a sum of 250,000.
grin

All what I can infer from this info are

(1) This is public owned institution and I think minimum of those who will apply will be more than 20 which equals #5millon

(2) From (1) above, since they are in partnership there will be increased in tuition fee to support the dividend/interest payable to the partners.

(3) Other public institutions may follow suit with such policy and leave the government with less service to render to the masse. I wonder why we have government institutions?

(4) Since Government can't subsidize this fee again it may result to less enrolment of students due to the fee hike.

This is actually a good investment to the Government, but I do hope there will be something beneficial for the common man. cheesy

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by nnachukz(m): 2:08am On May 27, 2016
As I take dey see this government, soon Buhari will start selling our schools as well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 2:13am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:

This advert is clamouring for partnership with a sum of 250,000.
grin

All what I can infer from this info are

(1) This is public owned institution and I think minimum of those who will apply will be more than 20 which equals #5millon

(2) From (1) above, since they are in partnership there will be increased in tuition fee to support the dividend/interest payable to the partners.

(3) Other public institutions may follow suit with such policy and leave the government with less service to render to the masse. I wonder why we have government institutions?

(4) Since Government can't subsidize this fee again it may result to less enrolment of students due to the fee hike.

This is actually a good investment to the Government, but I do hope there will be something beneficial for the common man. cheesy

Then why should the people of oyo subsidise the office of a none existing governor since the state provides nothing whatsoever.

Why not vote in corporations instead of political parties and their useless politician candidates?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 2:21am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Then why should the people of oyo subsidise the office of a none existing governor since the state provides nothing whatsoever.

Why not vote in corporations instead of political parties and their useless politician candidates?

It is illegal to vote in corporation into office!! Where has such been done?
We are know it is their duties to provide services, but what we do not know is if they have good policy for the implementation of such services??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by rose54321: 2:26am On May 27, 2016
A welcome move, considering the bureaucracy, corruption and lack of maintenance culture in Nigeria, education should provided by the private sector, or a public - private partnership.

In a capitalist model (the most efficient system), functions of the state should be privatize and exposed to market forces, government should be purely a last resort regulator, not a provider of services.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 2:31am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:

It is illegal to vote in corporation into office!! Where has such been done?
We are know it is their duties to provide services, but what we do not know is if they have good policy for the implementation of such services??

You already did with the ACN.

Public infrastructure built with public funds and then privatised e.g. Lekki expressway and Ikoyi link bridge.

Just to mention a few.

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 2:33am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:
A [s]welcome move, considering the bureaucracy, corruption and lack of maintenance culture in Nigeria, education should provided by the private sector, or a public - private partnership.

In a capitalist model (the most efficient system), functions of the state should be privatize and exposed to market forces, government should be purely a last resort regulator, not a provider of services. [/s]

How will this Bennett the poor masses when they can't afford to pay their wards school fees?

I thought the SW prides themselves in providing free education?

If anything this will keep the poor forever in the poor class.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by rose54321: 2:38am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

How will this Bennett the poor masses when they can't afford to pay their wards school fees?

Which would you prefer, "Free education" in a debilitated environment -no infrastructure, under qualified teachers, no system conducive for impacting any knowledge.
You end up with uneducated school leavers.

Or an affordable education with up-to-date facilities and expertise that can compete with global trends.

Have you been to any state school, if no, you cannot understand my point.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by donholy28(m): 2:46am On May 27, 2016
What we need is good and quality education in a conducive environment.. anything they think best...let them do it

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 2:50am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:

Which would you prefer, "Free education" in a debilitated environment -no infrastructure, under qualified teachers, no system conducive for impacting any knowledge.
You end up with uneducated school leavers.

Or an affordable education with up-to-date facilities and expertise that can compete with global trends.

Have you been to any state school, if no, you cannot understand my point.

With minimum wage for oyo state far below the minimum federal approved 18k how will the bulk of civil servants afford to send their wards to school?

When agbereoes and thieves increase in your Southwest land don't begin to complain.

Already the sw is dropping fast in the education sector with states like Osun dragging position with yobe state.

You can't put a prize on education.

What will you prefer to see ; over inflated and badly constructed roads that will degrade in less than one year after construction in place of schools?

You zombies are churning out a future apocalypse in your useless region

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by rose54321: 3:02am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Firstly, let this be the last, emphasis on the word "Last", time you quote me and insult me.

That said, this will be my last reply to you, i don't waste my typing time replying absurd comments.
It's common knowledge that no other tribe in Nigeria (except maybe the Igbos) prioritize education like the West. Its equally crystal clear that States are getting bankrupts, when you can't pay salaries how will you afford to maintain schools.

Yes, most state governors f.cked up with allocations in the past when oil prices were reasonable, but now we have to be realistic.
Why maintain schools, owe teachers salaries, deliver substandard education, when the private sector is there.
what i believe the Govt will do is set price controls/caps, so school fees don't exceed a certain amount.

But to encourage the state government to continuing funding substandard education is the height of absurdity.

I would rather not go to school and be termed an illiterate, than graduate and be called an educated illiterate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by kayfra: 3:16am On May 27, 2016
Good move. Let government only run few schools they can afford.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by VulgarVulvas: 3:27am On May 27, 2016
kayfra:
Good move. Let government only run few schools they can afford.

Want to save money? Then get rid of that useless state governor whose monthly upkeep is subsidised from public funds.

The amount he spends on both security votes and travel expenses will do a long way in improving the state's balance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by kayfra: 3:30am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Want to save money? Then get rid of that useless state governor whose monthly upkeep is subsidised from public funds.

The amount he spends on both security votes and travel expenses will do a long way in improving the state's balance

The man is useless but the effects of a ruinous educational system are more devastating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 3:59am On May 27, 2016
K
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by DaBullIT(m): 4:21am On May 27, 2016
Goats won't think before commenting

Considering the fact that we do not think , reason or approach problems the same way , I think OYO has a reason for the action

While OYO is busy trying to raise funds with Public* property

Fayose is posing with hunters , showing how proficient he is at being ''Baba Put'' and in recent times told his state that he can not turn himself into money for them

There's a lotta difference between The Governor and a Governor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by aresa: 4:26am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

One of the many great attributes of a leader is his or her ability to adapt in face of prevailing challenges and circumstances instead of sitting around and keep doing the same thing that the current situation can not resolve.

Funding education is a huge task that calls for massive funding which has to come from somewhere and since many states are having difficulties financially, this is a very innovative idea to keep providing good and quality education with the help of the private sector.

Crying like you are doing is meaningless and wont resolve anything since the only option available apart from what the state just did is to raise taxes and enforce collection or even charge education levy.

Many of you just cry and cry all day and still unable to come up with any sane and rational solution to sole any problem with..

Leadership is about making tough decisions, not doing the same thing over and over with the same worthless and rotten results. Shows that many of you can not lead with your shallow and simplistic mentality..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by aresa: 5:00am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

With minimum wage for oyo state far below the minimum federal approved 18k how will the bulk of civil servants afford to send their wards to school?

When agbereoes and thieves increase in your Southwest land don't begin to complain.

Already the sw is dropping fast in the education sector with states like Osun dragging position with yobe state.

You can't put a prize on education.

What will you prefer to see ; over inflated and badly constructed roads that will degrade in less than one year after construction in place of schools?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3752433_fbimg1464028658528_jpega13d436a3989fc5409b5a5c24ec2f6d6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3752434_fbimg1464028655694_jpeg8fb4a9453063c0662ceeb0ec1f5946dd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3752435_fbimg1464028650346_jpeg0d2bca593b9b07b9515f5192b111d238

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3752436_fbimg1464028642763_jpegba87a1e622ba46c076970f99dbcf59f8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3095191_img20151119162912_jpegbcbe0d4ed7c870d87ea14ce64d6e39eb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3095192_img20151119163128_jpegdf1b07d9a5657092e21e663b10eb6e37

[img]http://ogbeni2014.files./2014/08/ogbeni-rauf-aregbesola-8.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1559322_10476040_328993347276342_4430449154789104084_o_jpeg197731b248fc19b75ed645a8af5c74a9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3095337_img20151011113320_jpeg4fb4b8d57043304a204471623710569a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3758137_fbimg1464175459968_jpegbd7bae99afafcc98b8052169e9691eab

Aregbe built more schools than all your lazy and unproductive villages combined..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Pavore9: 5:32am On May 27, 2016
Many state governments incompetence in public school management has reflected in the low quality of their output, budgets for education is grossly mismanaged There are renowned school management groups who specializes in turning around under performing schools by enhancing the staff and learning environment which the bureaucracy at the State Education boards do not encourage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by jamesope04(m): 5:41am On May 27, 2016
Aregbe built more schools than all your lazy and unproductive villages combined..[/quotehmmmnn
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:10am On May 27, 2016
Partner with public schools? sad

Where will my own gain come from? Thought they don't pay tuition fee, only money for duster and chalk grin
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by laurel03(m): 6:17am On May 27, 2016
Ajimobi 2nd term is a flop.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by phemmie06(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2016
That's is not the best he should have been the state house he will tender for sale. What happens to the free education you promised during campaign

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 6:45am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

You already did with the ACN.

Public infrastructure built with public funds and then privatised e.g. Lekki expressway and Ikoyi link bridge.

Just to mention a few.

Initially, I stood against the collection of fee, but after some arguments, I bulge and accepted the fee, on the stand that it should not be too exorbitant. I accepted this just for maintenance culture.

It was built by taxpayers money, it ought to be maintained by taxpayers unless the purpose would be defeated in a matter of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by temitemi1(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2016
This "change" sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thugs Invade Ile Tuntun Along Eleta Academy, Ibadan. Photos / Dr Mary Iji Dies In Cross River / Sanwo-olu To Lead Protest For A Better Lagos (On Lekki Massacre)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.