Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,205 members, 7,977,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:08 AM

One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari (39171 Views)

Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria / My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos / "My Biggest Sin Is That I Talked Too Much Before We Came Into Power"- Lai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by chiedu7: 8:07am On May 27, 2016
This man na hypocrite oh. angry

We dont have foreign reserves yet he imports grass for his fulani cattle. angry

Imagine
shocked

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by mescan(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2016
B & B(Buhari & Blame)
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by daniwise(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2016
well said
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On May 27, 2016
Uncle pls tell us a new stowieeeeeeeeeee!....go to work or quit asap!!!
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by TeamSimple(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2016
ijija:
Please somebody should advise Mr president that this country is bigger than any one individual including him. If he is yet to b convinced about devaluation inspire of the glaring consequences of his insistence on a dual exchange rate ,then he should as he says just please accommodate the economists and let our economy move. It smacks of double standards for him to decrying our over reliance on oil yet one of his first actions in office was to release funds for oil exploration in char basin and the only ministry he chose to head was the ministry of petroleum not agriculture. All these press statements he makes about the country are doing more harm than good. He needs to lament less because he is beginning to sound like a broken record. He ran for president four times. Does he in all honesty expect us to believe that he was hoping to come and meet the same conditions he left in 1984?
He has continously asked this same question from the economists since this devaluation issue came up
What has happened to the economy in the past when Naira was devalued? Surprisingly no one seems to give him answers.
While Buhari gives reasons Naira shouldn't be devalued, our so called economist can't shed us little light on why it should be devalued while putting into consideration the country's balance of payment.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On May 27, 2016
Government have been importing food since time immemorial.
Now, who have they shared the food to. When last I checked, there was never a food distribution depot anywhere in Naija. Instead we buy the food from dealers in the market. Not even subsidy on rice, beans, sugar or any food item.

Now PMB accepted that there was fuel subsidy in his first coming. Removing it now has finally escalated everything in this country. Now we are left with nothing but hunger and abject poverty.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by boolieWoskie: 8:12am On May 27, 2016
dre11:

......tell me if I should change ministers
onyeori na akpo ndi ozo onyeori!!!!!

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/one-year-in-office-my-biggest-shock-by-buhari/148606.html

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
PDP are thieves, dangerous pen-robbers and heartless evil criminals. undecided
So APC are what since majority of former PDP member decamped in mass into it? What about the budget padding as far as APC is concern? Reason objectively!
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ddippset(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2016
If things are difficult and complicated to fix because of what the previous administration did or did not do. And then we have Nigerians who want London and Paris replicated in one year then Mr President should continue reminding us of the incompetence of the ineffective baboon. It's only natural. Carry on Mr President. They would only wail for another 24 years, they can't kill you, they can't impeach you!
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by cruz419(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2016
Always complaining,, we know all dis this,, we voted u to fix it not to complain to us,, come to think of it ain't u one of d people Dat consume does tooth paste and other imported goods!!! I really don't understand dis mallam yet oo GOD help us o
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ibedun: 8:16am On May 27, 2016
idupaul:
I can't believe I voted for this man ..well the way I see it Nigerians should be ready to queue for food by 2017 ..this man is just an orders and fiat man and not a visionary and wisdom lead leader..My apologies once again

You sound more like an empty head ruled by emotions. A usual partisan IPOB trait. Assume you are in PMB shoes, offer possible solutions. We did not save our precious foreign exchange during a mighty boom, we import just about everything, we don't produce anything and on top we import food? Now our OYEL price has fallen. Buhari is not a magician.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by sunshine1974(m): 8:18am On May 27, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Please leave your ministers for now. It is to early to appraise their performance. Also, they just got their budget to work with so time will time.

Sack fashola after 2 years if he can't come up with innovative ideas to energy other than gas. A region should never hold a nation to ransom. Also, carry all stakeholders in the energy sector along e.g. generator sellers, diesel seller etc. If not they will keep sabotaging your effort.

Nigerians are generally lazy and greedy people, we want fast money. surprisingly, unavailability of raw materials, lack of energy, machineries, staff know-how discouraged local investors from manufacture. [color=#000099][/color]

the greedy marketers took control of the industry, killing every production company and potential ones. They buy cheap and substandard products from China and sell at high prices to us, thereby controlling the market.

Like the sustainable economist said on channels daily yesterday, we Nigerian like to artificially create inflation and scarcity to enrich a few. He mentioned the fuel issue, diesel (went up immediately form 125 to 142), food stuffs etc.

We are our problem, not the government per say.
my friend u are obviously the only lazy one, pls speak for urself jare......who told u Nigerians are lazy?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Kastonkastroll(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2016
[s]
Paperwhite:
So APC are what since majority of former PDP member decamped in mass into it? What about the budget padding as far as APC is concern? Reason objectively!
[/s] This rubbish is stale. Were buhari, jagaban and osinbajo PDP members b4 undecided
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by funkyibodude(m): 8:21am On May 27, 2016
Rubbish, this old rtd general, should just seek advice from his predecessors on how to go about with the current economic situation, all those things he listed there at not new to system, let him stop acting as if only him met something new, there are things you can never change, you just have to learn to deal with it. That's what makes a great leader. You can't mix oil and water together and expect to get a solution. PMB should just learn to work with his predecessors and swallow his ego.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ajebuter(f): 8:21am On May 27, 2016
Akshow:
Ogbeni baba sofoo, the country is not smiling. Leave all this long tale.

Baba Sofo: chai I remeber that yoruba film then

This daura normand fits the character.. grin grin grin
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by BECKAR: 8:21am On May 27, 2016
The easiest way to make a man miserable is to promote him above his level of competence, that is exactly what has happened to Mr President. I have no doubt he will do better as a local govt chairman but sure will fall woefully even as a state governor

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Orikinla(m): 8:22am On May 27, 2016

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Orikinla(m): 8:23am On May 27, 2016
chiedu7:
This man na hypocrite oh. angry

We dont have foreign reserves yet he imports grass for his fulani cattle. angry

Imagine
shocked

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by sam90s(m): 8:29am On May 27, 2016
YourFatherYansh:
The one thing Africans and its leaders/rulers lack is foresight. We only dwell in the now and damn the consequences of what ever the future holds..4getin that that future is 2day's inputs.
Greed is also one of our greatest undoing as a race, until our government begins to build institutions that will outlast them as well as have a positive multiplier effects on generation unborn, Africa will still remain in poverty maybe till eternity.
Partisanship and discontinuation of preceding government policies have stagnated the continent as an entity. No rapid progress comes from setting completely new agenda by every successive government...That's why the African race still battles with fundamental problems as electricity , portable roads, adequate housing, polio etc in the 21st century.

When did Africa became a race?
By the way, I agree with you that there need to be continuity in government, however, this current administration is the only one since Obasanjo that displays real purpose and seriousness in its policies, yet people don't want to give them a chance, acting, either maliciously or just not bright enough to see that the administration has their best interest in mind.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by peterjero(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2016
vedaxcool:
PMB underscores a serious problem with our economy the lust to taste foreign goods eventually leads to depletion of scarce resources and a wobbly economy
America loves foreign good but still have factories because of policies, why would a president still blame his country men for leadership failures. Is buhari using Innoson or cars assembled in nigeria the answer is No, he uses a benz S550, what shoe does he wear, what phone does he use, what furniture does he have in Daura, what school does his kids attend Bro no dey moved by our leaders antics to garner sympathy they are all the same wicked black race.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ibedun: 8:33am On May 27, 2016
989900B:
While all those 'silly items' are wrong, they account for less than 20% of our Forex demands.

Repatriation of funds and other 'technical items' (according to CBN), accounts for 30%-40% demand.

Imported refined fuel accounts for 30-40% (Which is the real travesty!).

What measures have the past governments since 1999, done to arrest the importation of agric. products, while we have arable lands and excess supply of manpower?
Where are the single digits soft loans, where are the campaigns, the programs to encourage able bodied men and women to make us not only producers/consumers, but net exporters of these items?

Did we also comatose the refineries?

Or prevented government from building new ones either by PPP, or any other means?

Are we also responsible for not checkmating cross-border smuggling of fuel, and other diversion/fraud of imported fuel which accounts for roughly 30% of the 40m litres of PMS alone that we pay for on paper according to Kachikwu (I don't understand the 'dust' Buhari is 'yarning' up there)?

Stop blaming the people for failures of the government!

You spoiled your good points at the end. STOP BLAMING GOVERNMENT FOR FAILURES BLAME THE PEOPLE.

Our people behave like animals and extremely difficult to govern. When was the last time you heard about an American or European economic saboteur, smuggler, infrastructure destroyer etc etc.

Our unruly, lawless people are responsible for their woes. Sai Baba! Ride on!
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by saxtaiwo: 8:37am On May 27, 2016
May God help this man, why is he thinking privatisation too? I thought he visited several countries and he shd av seen how government manage every of it parastatals, hope we are not coming back to the clueless regime?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Heffalump(m): 8:38am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
so why his he telling us as at now when the economy is almost down? is it to seek pity or for Nigerians to hail him. well i agree with him concerning Nigerians running to the city to pursue oil money but one thing he failed to do is to invest in our Agricultural sector, since he realised that Nigerians are importing food, why not focus more on Agriculture instead of preaching corruption for a year now and nobody has been arrested, the money and the time used in travelling and fighting corruption should have been centered in Agriculture and other sector of the economy. that might have return made Nigeria export food rather and in return put money in national purse. he can face corruption later but definitely not now. the economy needs to be stable.

The hard truth still remains: Past military regimes and PDP sank the Nigerian ship decades ago!!!! angry angry angry

You can't twist the truth, we all know.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Brainy007: 8:41am On May 27, 2016
Pidggin:
So world bank adviced him to remove subsidy in 1984, but he stated clearly that he has never heard of subsidy when asked in 2014.

The issue of smuggling PMS is not new, all previous administrations have dealt with this issue effectively till date. If PMB cannot handle this, he should humble himself and seek solution from OBJ who is now a fellow party member.

You don't have to place the burden of your incompetence on us sir, please seek solution from those who have done it before.
Subsidy and devaluation
How dem take resemble?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Brainy007: 8:44am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
so why his he telling us as at now when the economy is almost down? is it to seek pity or for Nigerians to hail him. well i agree with him concerning Nigerians running to the city to pursue oil money but one thing he failed to do is to invest in our Agricultural sector, since he realised that Nigerians are importing food, why not focus more on Agriculture instead of preaching corruption for a year now and nobody has been arrested, the money and the time used in travelling and fighting corruption should have been centered in Agriculture and other sector of the economy. that might have return made Nigeria export food rather and in return put money in national purse. he can face corruption later but definitely not now. the economy needs to be stable.
You see?
Ignorance!
Your comments shows clearly you've not even been following the news for a long time.
Who told you he has not invested in Agriculture already?
Would you plant maize today and harvest it tomorrow?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Generalyemi(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
PDP are thieves, dangerous pen-robbers and heartless evil criminals. undecided

retired zombie general..
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by 989900B: 8:49am On May 27, 2016
ibedun:

You spoiled your good points at the end. STOP BLAMING GOVERNMENT FOR FAILURES BLAME THE PEOPLE.

Our people behave like animals and extremely difficult to govern. When was the last time you heard about an American or European economic saboteur, smuggler, infrastructure destroyer etc etc.

Our unruly, lawless people are responsible for their woes. Sai Baba! Ride on!

The part in bold are everywhere! Their governments are just less corrupt, and more proactive. If you can't muster the intellect to properly 'govern' your own people, then you have no business being a 'governor'.

Apart from pipeline vandalism, which is a seasonal thing, and a localized issue, are the rest like moribund refineries, 5,000 MW to 180 million people, and embezzlement/mismanagement of billions of dollars faults of the rice seller or the random factory worker, or bank teller?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by 989900B: 8:55am On May 27, 2016
saxtaiwo:
May God help this man, why is he thinking privatisation too? I thought he visited several countries and he shd av seen how government manage every of it parastatals, hope we are not coming back to the clueless regime?

Privatization, or PPP is the best for Nigeria -- everyone knows that now already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by fleksy: 8:59am On May 27, 2016
please biko leave buhari out of this. he is a saint!
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by fleksy: 8:59am On May 27, 2016
989900B:

Privatization, or PPP is the best for Nigeria -- everyone knows that now already.

I think it's time we privatized this country sef.

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by idupaul: 9:11am On May 27, 2016
ibedun:

You sound more like an empty head ruled by emotions. A usual partisan IPOB trait. Assume you are in PMB shoes, offer possible solutions. We did not save our precious foreign exchange during a mighty boom, we import just about everything, we don't produce anything and on top we import food? Now our OYEL price has fallen. Buhari is not a magician.

I will reply this fully later my. I am a bit busy now..how are u doing
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:30am On May 27, 2016
I have nothing to say to you than God's blessings and WISDOM. The latter you need more in your life.

That's my opinion if you disagree, do same constructively.

vascey:

Nigeria's are neither lazy nor greedy. Maybe your family or kindred, I don't know. But not Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira / Pictures From Atiku Presidential Campaign In Abia State / Buhari Poses With Kannywood Actors,pledges To Support Them [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.