Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,653 members, 7,937,946 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her (48263 Views)

How I Was Cheated By A Bank Cashier Today / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / Nigerian Woman Demands For Her Money From Halifax Bank Cashier In UK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by pinkyliceous(f): 3:55pm On May 27, 2016
I have done it before at Zenith Bank. No big deal there.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Sanchase: 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
Exactly, name checking fools where are you. Keep hiding and cover your faces with shame. Most Tribal bigots are only good at pulling down others, this lady deserves a round of applause but i'm sure none of the name checkers will see that.

TellingItAsItIs:
Those "name checkers" will avoid this thread like a plague. Just watch.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by chikel2000(m): 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
Segadem:
Mtcheeeew
Wetin #5000 can do in her life? Let it be #5m and see maybe she go return am grin
if she can return 5k then 5mill won't b a problem
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Oleros: 4:01pm On May 27, 2016
I have returned cash over paid me to a cashier working in Skye Bank four times and not a single thank you from her.The only question she uttered each time was ' i don't know why i like over paying you' If such happens again i will not return it to her.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by barnaby04(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2016
Good to know that inspite of the hard economic situation in the country today, there still exists kind hearted Nigerians out there.

I once had a similar experience some years ago around 2011 or thereabout when a bank cashier over paid me with N4,000. I handed him a cheque leaf for withdrawal and a deposit teller for payment into another account, while he gives me the balance as mine.

After the transaction, assuming I was to collect N6,000 as my final withdrawal from him, the poor cashier handed me the sum of N10,000. After I counted the money he gave to me, I said to him, ''bros, it seems you gave me a wrong payment to me''. The look on the guy's face was like, Oga wetin be your problem.

I remained quiet looking at him, while should I say, his arrogance made him asked me to first step aside while he attends to the next customer on queue. After that he now beckoned on me to come, I gave him the deposit teller and the money he gave to me and asked him how much I was supposed to collect having withdrawn this amount and also paid this amount into an account.

After he counted the money, it was then it dawned on him that he had indeed bleeped up. He quickly started apologising and thanking me for returning back the money. When I left the banking hall that day, I felt fulfilled and never had cause to regret returning that money back.

After that incident, whenever the guy sees me in the banking hall, he quickly comes greeting Good morning sir or Good afternoon sir while offering to assist me in my transactions.

In life, it is good to be good. Never allow the present moment deprive you of what you stands to gain tomorrow.

#ItPaysToBeGood#BlessedAreTheMerciful
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Hatrik(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2016
examhall3:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2TGtb1JBMaQ/V0fzm45deTI/AAAAAAAJTQE/7yiqCeMGeQw21jKIkrqe-jv5dCWlM-u1QCLcB/s1600/index.jpg[/img]

The lady tells her story below...
“I just want to share my experience, My name is Vera Ikediala. I worked with Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd as an admin Manager. One morning my Boss gave me a cheque to cash N45,000 at Olowu Ikeja branch of First bank. The cashier paid me across the counter, in 1000 naira bills. But because I was in a hurry I did not count the amount.
So when I got to the office I handed the money straight to my boss who counted it and discovered that it was N50,000, instead of N45,000. That means the cashier had over paid me with excess of N5,000. Immediately I went back to the bank to hand over the N5,000 back to the cashier. When I got to the bank, it was obvious the cashier had not noticed her error in payment. I had to explain to her what happened. She was indeed over joyed and thanked me profusely. But what shocked me was that the guy closed to me on queue, who overheard our conversation interjected; “ if I was the one, I would not have returned that money lai lai”. He continued; “ babe you fall my hand. Do you know what N5,000 would do for you”
I did not bother to reply him anyway. For me, I had done the needful Many people might think this testimony is trivial. But let me tell you, that dishonesty is dishonesty. Somebody who keeps N5,000 that does not belong to him would as well keep N5 billion. I am sharing this experience so that many of us would understand that if we show honesty in the little things we do daily, collectively we could rid this country of corruption. I had a an opportunity to keep the N5,000 to myself. My conscience and upbringing won’t allow me. There was no way the cashier would traced the money to me. But God sees all that we do. If I had kept the money the cashier would pay for her error in great pains. But of what good would that be to me? Have a great day...

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/this-honest-girl-returned-n5000-back-to.xhtml

she did well.

wow am having a blast here. it's my birthday guys show me some love

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by currency10(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2016
Normal, have done it before at my bank.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Mikeparlo12(m): 4:22pm On May 27, 2016
what you have done is to let the cashier get sacked. The bank will dig into this and query the guy. fine u are being truthful which I quite appreciate. but this could cost Him His Job
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by aalangel(f): 4:26pm On May 27, 2016
No big deal. I've returned 10k.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Ahmedie28(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2016
In an ideal nation , this is nothing but a normal things , is very unfortunate that in Nigeria people celebrate even who return a lost pen to the rightful owner
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by bigtt76(f): 4:32pm On May 27, 2016
Nice one buh they would have still noticed and debited her account which would have sparked another round of gbege for the bank grin
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by pearls1894(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2016
Gerrara here... me i don also return 8k over the counter for one banker @ Zenith bank, allen avenue, ikeja. D lady was happy wen i told her she double paid me. buh tiz unfortunate no one carry me come media.
Bottom line is; lets b honest in d little tinz we do. Tnx
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by macaranta(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2016
Good gesture.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by mikolo80: 4:50pm On May 27, 2016
okuneddie:
nice one gal....u no only get beauty, u also who that u come from good home....if Na me and I don't return that money, I will lose more than that that same day or the following day....so I don't keep such
ah i think say na only me dis tin de do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by crown247(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2016
may God bless u dear, honesty pays no matter what, it happened to me two days ago, i work in a betting company, a customer gave #2500 to deposit to his online account but i mistakenly deposited #25000, the worst of it is that the customer is a very close friend of mine so to say, it was after 45mins that i realized what has happened i tried to withdraw my balance out but d guy has used d whole money to play bet despite the fact that he realized i made a mistake because he saw the money. as i write this, this guy has not told how he will refund the money to me nor has he refunded. this has made me loose trust on any one. this has validated the old saying that "enemies we can avoid but only God can deliver us from our friends" still in sad mood though
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 27, 2016
kechywillz:
Am seeing some attributes i possess in this Lady,i cant recall how many times i have returned Monies i was been over payed or Expensive gadgets lost carelessly,i have returned to the rightful owners. But in most cases when i misplace some items or over pay,they dont always return it to me,it doesnt stop me from being good,good deeds really pay. It makes ppl entrust u with a great responsibility

God who sees our inner most heart knows i aint lying.

I believe you! Please keep it up smiley
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by femo86(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2016
My own experience.....happened like 5years ago

Once worked as a teller in one of the Bank in the North Central....After counting this my very good customer's cash of about 3.5m...I mistakely told him that his cash was excess of 5OOK...He asked me if I was sure, that i should check well oooo, I affirmed again that "Sir, nothing do you, your cash is excess" grin grin grin grin Long story cut short, After going on break to balance my till, I had a deficit of 500k shocked shocked shocked...My people, I wasn't myself anymore...Tried calling him but number not available as he was in transit...However, He sent someone to return the 500k after close of work.

It's good to be nice...Till this moment as I don port comot since, my good customer and I are still communicating very well. He is really a good old man. 'Oga Makas'
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Jacko1(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2016
I fo use the mo ey chop fish for costain under bridge.... Pray for forgiveness later
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Akinaukwa: 5:59pm On May 27, 2016
You did well my dear. You can imagine how a GTB staff at the counter thanked and thanked me after i returned back just five hundred naira (N500) over payment. Who knows the fears and pains in her heart after the day's balancing, an opportunity to tag her incompetent. God forbid.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by diva90: 6:22pm On May 27, 2016
lovat:
we need to be different from them.

I returned money that a cashier overpaid me.

Ok darling nice of u lol
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by seunfape(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2016
DesChyko:
That is normal. Not returning it is abnormal.
good of you
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by lovat(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2016
diva90:

Ok darling nice of u lol
I'm happy you will do good in days to come. wink

Take a hug
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by seunfape(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2016
Good as you returned it, if you did not, it means you are a thief .next time don't share such experience.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by DrHighchief(m): 6:31pm On May 27, 2016
D Federal government should bestow on her national honours for people to know that there is reward in being sincere. People of integrity abounds in Nigeria.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by princeade86(m): 6:57pm On May 27, 2016
but to my own view, i dont think any bank cashier will made dat mistake. even ordinary 2k, they will use machine to count it, not to talk of 45k. na frame write up.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by rafcrown(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2016
DONT MIND DODGY DAVE,WE ARE NOT FANTASTICALLY RACIST.
einst3in:
This kinda thing is news in Nigeria because Nigeria is fantastically corrupt.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by rafcrown(m): 7:07pm On May 27, 2016
DO NOT MIND DODGY DAVE,WE ARE NOT FANTASTICALLY RACIST.
einst3in:
This kinda thing is news in Nigeria because Nigeria is fantastically corrupt.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by mosaicafrique: 7:59pm On May 27, 2016
Your integrity will take you higher in life, May you be blessed and may Almighty GOD give you a good husband and better kids that will make us proud In sha ALLAH.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Eteriayaoba(f): 8:19pm On May 27, 2016
That is the spirit!
Getting rid of corruption in Nigeria starts from individuals in their little closet, Doing the right thing even when no one sees you.
Until everyone understand this, we have not started at all.
Had to return excess N10,000.00 to the bank (UBA, Orita Challenge, Ibadan) too some 12/13 years ago.
Contentment is key, please let everyone youth be guided/inspired.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by nzeakor24(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2016
You did well ,but its good you count your money before living the counter,cos had it been your money was not complete and you came back to complain,nobody will even listen to you
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by mrkings84(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2016
How are we sure buhari have not started fulfilling his campaign promises??
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by obimath(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2016
You have a good character, if i may ask are you single?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) / How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.