Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 (667 Views)

January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale / The Chosen Daily Devotional 9th May, 2016 / The BEST Place To Be Tomorrow Sunday (8th May 2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by ChosenOnline: 10:47am On May 27, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL..

DATE: FRIDAY MAY 27TH, 2016.

TEXT: Jude 1

THEME: IS YOUR NAME WRITTEN IN THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE?

MEMORY VERSE: "21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. " (Revelation 21:27)

Is your name in the Lamb's book of life? This question calls for a sober reflection of your Christian life so far. In as much as you have claimed to be serving God in spirit and in truth or have served Him over the years, can you confidently beat your chest that you have made the mark?

Remember the scripture says that the gate is narrow and the road strait. This is in view of the high standard of holiness, righteousness and selflessness required. Jesus Christ sacrificed His life for others. What have you sacrificed for others? Check your life today for nothing defiled shall enter therein.

Having abstained from adultery and fornication, what about keeping malice, bearing grudges, complaining and murmuring? Have you forgiven others? Have you helped the needy? What about the area of dressing? Have you purged your heart from lusts? Are you boastful and proud; haughty and arrogant? There are a whole lot of issues to be considered. Think about it.

Sing a few praise/worship songs. Pray and thank God and then ask for forgiveness of sins and take the following prayer points.
Prayer Points:
1. O God, have mercy on me. Forgive me all my transgressions, in Jesus' name.

2. O Lord God my Father, help me to make the mark for heaven, in Jesus' name.

3. Father, I know that nobody can live holy without the Holy Ghost. Therefore, empower me by your Spirit to be able to live holy and righteous, in Jesus' name.

4. Father, forbid it that iniquity will be my ruin, in Jesus' name.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

1 Like

Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by chumz11: 11:21am On May 27, 2016
So chosen now has a devotional
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by peteregwu(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2016
chumz11:
So chosen now has a devotional

From Adam nA
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by chumz11: 1:03pm On May 27, 2016
peteregwu:

From Adam nA
As uninspiring as d preaching of the GO is,i wonder how the daily devotional will be
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by peteregwu(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2016
chumz11:
As uninspiring as d preaching of the GO is,i wonder how the daily devotional will be

OH, I see...what a pity. Have you not read in the Bible that their shall come a time when people will not like to listen to the sound word of of the gospel, but shall develop an itching ear?

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The truth is never inspiring to unbelievers, backsliders, and compromise.
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by chumz11: 10:21pm On May 27, 2016
peteregwu:

OH, I see...what a pity. Have you not read in the Bible that their shall come a time when people will not like to listen to the sound word of of the gospel, but shall develop an itching ear?

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables

The truth is never inspiring to unbelievers, backsliders, and compromise.
have u also not heard that false prophets will arise and deceive many Matt 24:11,what truth are u talking about?what sound doctrine?I pray d Holy Spirit opens your eyes to see d many errors in your"sound doctrine"
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by peteregwu(m): 5:37pm On May 29, 2016
chumz11:
have u also not heard that false prophets will arise and deceive many Matt 24:11,what truth are u talking about?what sound doctrine?I pray d Holy Spirit opens your eyes to see d many errors in your"sound doctrine"

HOW will the Holy Spirit open your eyes without the truth. It is through the word of truth that the Holy Spirit opens people eyes. The Lords Chosen preaches the truth into to without doubt. Coming to criticize them or the pastor shows you just envious of them. Pls friend, what church are you going or attending? undecided
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by chumz11: 7:58am On May 30, 2016
peteregwu:

HOW will the Holy Spirit open your eyes without the truth. It is through the word of truth that the Holy Spirit opens people eyes. The Lords Chosen preaches the truth into to without doubt. Coming to criticize them or the pastor shows you just envious of them. Pls friend, what church are you going or attending? undecided
wow envious of them?I attended the Lord's chosen for 9 yrs,and that was the most spiritually drought period of my life,so much hatred for other churches and I wondered why?Always threatening members not to visit other churches cuz they are all fake.i could go on and on,we are one body in Christ it doesn't matter the branch as long as it is connected to the true vine cus Christ is the head.
Re: The Chosen Daily Devotional 27th May, 2016 by peteregwu(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2016
chumz11:
wow envious of them?I attended the Lord's chosen for 9 yrs,and that was the most spiritually drought period of my life,so much hatred for other churches and I wondered why?Always threatening members not to visit other churches cuz they are all fake.i could go on and on,we are one body in Christ it doesn't matter the branch as long as it is connected to the true vine cus Christ is the head.

9yrs? Wow...that's strange to here someone like that speak like that after 9yrs.. So were born again then...I mean all these while you have been there and were or worker then? Love to here from you. As for me I came out of cherubim and seraphim church, we were involved in spiritism. Before I proceed, playing reply me the question I asked you

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Catholic Church Will Always Remains The HEAD / Singleshub Whatsapp Seminar / Vital Ingredients Of Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.