Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,687 members, 7,965,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:04 PM

Shocker! Another Doping Scandal Hits Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocker! Another Doping Scandal Hits Nigeria (640 Views)

Ebola Hits Nigeria Again, 10 Quarantined In Calabar / N3bn Scandal Hits SURE-P / N150million Jonathan’s Campaign Fund Embezzlement Scandal Hits Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocker! Another Doping Scandal Hits Nigeria by BlackRevo: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
Amaka Ogoegbunam is a super Nigerian athlete. In July, she was a sensation at the African Junior Championship in Mauritius .
She won gold in  the 200m, 400m hurdles and 100m hurdles.

To prove what a complete athlete she is, the wonder girl joined the 4×4 relay team and won the gold. She became the face of the championship and Nigerians back home especially board members of the athletics federation celebrated the emergence of another star.

But Amaka has proved everybody wrong. Until she clears herself, the International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF) maintains she is a cheat and the athletics governing body has asked her to leave the Nigerian camp here in Berlin . Result of the doping test conducted in Mauritius was positive and she became the third Nigerian in the World Championship here to be adjudged unclean after Gloria Kemasaude and Vivian Chukwuemeka.

“It is unfortunate but I’m not surprised because many athletes at the National Sports Festival in Kaduna were using drugs,” Sunday Bada, the technical director of the athletics federation said.”

The news of Amaka’s doping scandal worsened the situation in Nigerian camp with many of the athletes either sick or injured. The fact that they arrived here without reserves underscores poor judgment of officials who selected the team. They are now almost playing cards on those to run the relays, where Nigeria anchored their hopes before now. Nigeria ’s only hopes here.

Nigeria will run three relays – 4×100m and 4×400 for women and only 4×400m for men as the men’s team did not qualify for 4×100m relay.

But with Kemasaude, Amaka out on doping grounds, Blessing Okagbore, Ajoke Odumosu out on health grounds, Godday James out on injury the Nigerian officials must be gnashing their teeth on what has become of their team here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/20/shocker-another-doping-scandal-hits-nigeria/

One just got caught few days ago and now this is another one. What is happening to Nigeria?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-311502.0.html
Re: Shocker! Another Doping Scandal Hits Nigeria by zmurda(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
A deep sigh*
angry
I think our enemies are at it again. Its our enemies home and abroad who do not see anything good in Nigeria that are the cause of thses wahala.
I have to call Nigerians to Redemption Camp, MFM and Canaanland to pray against our various enemies.
They are at it again!!
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Shocker! Another Doping Scandal Hits Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
Hmmm!

(1) (Reply)

My Rude Second Husband Want To Know Who Is Calling Me,want Me To Take Taxi / Nigeria Gets A Ratings Cut From S&p / Debtors: Topshots Move Against Publication Of Fresh List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.