Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,596 members, 7,965,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:15 PM

Down Memory Lane: What Buhari's Government Reminds Me Of - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Down Memory Lane: What Buhari's Government Reminds Me Of (353 Views)

Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook / Biafra: What Buhari Should Have Done To Nnamdi Kanu- Yerima Shettima / Emir Sanusi Reminds Nigerians Of The Alarm He Raised Over Missing $20billion-PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Down Memory Lane: What Buhari's Government Reminds Me Of by eyeview: 11:06pm On May 27, 2016
This administration reminds me of an incident that happened over 20years ago in an interhouse sports of a school.
An invited school had come to this school to compete in the inter-school marathon race. This particular school came with this guy they touted as the best guy to beat everyother school in the race. The hype was so much that we too were curious to see this guy in action.
The race takes off and other contestants take off in full speed,Lawrence(that's his name) starts off rather slowly and sluggishly. Despite his clear slow start,his school mates at one corner of the field were even louder in their cheer and more confident that he would still go on to pass others and win the race. Their 'louder' confidence in the guy despite his poor start made us all to even watch him more with awe and respect.
At the end of the first lap,lawrence was clearly behind others. He was still bouncing in confidence that he knew what he was doing and because it was the 'great lawrence',his school mates kept cheering with confidence that he will still go ahead to surpass all expectation.
At this point,we and some other schools at the inter-house sports were beginning to wonder if that school actually realize that with just 3laps to go,it would be impossible for their darling hero to catch up again. We were a bit confused as the 'hailings' being doled out from the sidelines was a far contrast with the output on the track.
But it dawned on the school when some of the other runners who were in their 4th and final lap came round to 'lap' lawrence in his 3rd lap. Yet,in all this,lawrence never increased his speed,he never moved with urgency,instead he will spare a second whenever he came to the side of the field that had his school mates to give them the sign to 'cool down as he knew what he was doing'.
Finally,other contestants finished their final laps with winners and runners up emerging while the much celebrated contestant continued round the track till he finished his final lap,coming in as the last,never started off well and never even hastened it.
At this point,everyother school burst into laughter. It probably wouldn't have been that bad if they did not come in with so much hype and noise around the guy, but what baffled us all which one could liken to this administration is that the 'fans' were hailing and believing even when the start(an important ingrident of any successful race) was very poor and slow. When he was supposed to double his speed,he didn't,they still hailed and believed for a 'certain magic' that he will perform to win.
And like Lawrence,President Buhari had a very poor start,and also like Lawrence,I fear that he may continue at this pace and before you know it,we are looking at the final lap. And you ask yourself,at what point was he meant to pull out the stunts that will make him finish well and strong.
In a few hours,we'll enter the 2nd lap. Let's keep watching while his fans keep cheering.
Selah.
Re: Down Memory Lane: What Buhari's Government Reminds Me Of by bigtt76(f): 11:18pm On May 27, 2016
Like seriously under PMB first rule, we had essential commodities being sold via ballot and allocations. Now it's the case of forex... I pray it's not the flexibility CBN is clamoring for shaaa undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I’m Ready To Be Probed Over My Campaign Fund – President Buhari / Noi-President Buhari’s Approval Rating Averages At 64% After One Yea / Former NIMASA DG Akpobolokemi, Major-general Atewe Arraigned For Alleged Theft O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.