Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,488 members, 7,947,955 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) (762 Views)

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad / Questions We Really Should Think About / Every Religious People Pls Answer This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Nobody: 7:06am On May 28, 2016
Nigeria is the most Christian prayer warrior country in the world, with churches scattered all over the country like litter. Yet, the country is a living hell. Nigeria has no economic progress to show with all the fasting and prayers. So many Nigerian youth want to get the hell out of the country to Europe and America. Japan, on the other hand, does not have many churches all over the country. The Japanese practice the Shinto religion. They have millions of shrines scattered all over the country, dedicated to honoring their ancestors. Japan is a Heaven on Earth. Japan is one of the richest and prosperous nations on Earth, rivaling economic heavyweights like the U.S., E.U., and China. The GDP of Japan is higher than the GDP of all the countries in Afrika combined. The Japanese youth love their country and are not willing to leave it for nothing in this world. See the difference? Why does Yahweh bless Japan but does not bless Nigeria, which is a country where Nigerian Christians worship his son, Jesus. The Japanese don't care about Jesus, yet Yahweh loves and blesses the Japanese than Nigerians. Why? Are Nigerians doing something wrong? Could it be that the Christian religion is the problem but Nigerians don't know it? Could it be that Nigerians suppose to do what the Japanese are doing to prosper? If the ethnic nationalities within Nigeria - such as the Yoruba, the Igbo, the Hausa-Fulani, Ijaw, and others - honored their ancestors the same way the Japanese do, would they prosper?
If u critically think about this you'll realize something is so wrong with our religious ways in Nigeria / Africa. I woke up this morning unhappy. It's been weeks without electricity where I stay... damn.

2 Likes

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by matrix199(m): 7:10am On May 28, 2016
The problem is not the religion per se. The problem is the people, who rub religion on everything.
Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Boldwinner(m): 7:16am On May 28, 2016
The problem is not religion. The problem is that Nigerians have refused to face their problems fearlessly. Very Progressive nations always engage with their problems, take out time to deeply think and take consistent actions to solve their problems, but it appears most of us only know how to complain. Lack of Unity among ourselves is also a big issue. We have let religious, party and tribal sentiments to divide us. If we are divided, we can never come together as one to agree on or be committed towards one thing. Check out those developed nations, no matter the differences, they still come together, drop aside their differences and act as one on issues pertaining to national interest. Why is it so hard to do that in Nigeria? Love, genuine love for our fellow man/country and unity is what we all need. Religion isn't the problem.

1 Like

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Flexherbal(m): 7:21am On May 28, 2016
The problem is the people. Especially our Christian leaders.
Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by paxonel(m): 7:25am On May 28, 2016
the problem is religion.
it is simple to understand, corruption is a product of bad home training.
most Nigerian parents were not educated enough to understand the disparity between ethics and culture, so how can they train their children towards having good ethics?
so they refer their children to churches and mosques But church and mosque could not train the children.
rather, they keep teaching the children that God's blessing is making wealth while someone who find himself poor is not blessed.
and they grow up with that kind of mindset to become corrupt politicians .
all churches are guilty of this

1 Like

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by PastorAIO: 12:13pm On May 28, 2016
But deeper than religion is the general cultures of the peoples of africa. I think the problem has many factors but some of the biggest factors that no one seems to want to face are within our cultures. One of the biggest of these big factors is the Privilege that we give to seniority.

Privilege of any sort is the bane of any society. A progressive dynamic culture is firmly rooted in meritocracy. The moment you start to veer away from this and start rewarding people on the basis of privileges the society starts to decline.

Can you imagine a man can open his mouth and spew complete utter Inanity, and if you try to correct him his response will be 'Am I your mate?'. What has age got to do with talking sense? This awarding privileges to daft nonsensical factors whether it is age or religious office (like pastor) or weath, or political office (Oga-ism) is the bane of africa and any society for that matter. On the other hand the stricter a meritocracy you have in a society the stronger and more efficient the society will be.

By the time our minds have been formed by threats and violence by the age of 5 we start to fear certain positions of authority and our ability to think clearly is befuddled. No society that cannot challenge Authority can advance. By the age of 5 our minds are prepared to just follow blindly what the pastor and imam says questioningly. If it wasn't christianity and islam it would be some other religion. So while the religion is problematic it is not the root of the problem.

paxonel:
the problem is religion.
it is simple to understand, corruption is a product of bad home training.
most Nigerian parents were not educated enough to understand the disparity between ethics and culture, so how can they train their children towards having good ethics?
so they refer their children to churches and mosques But church and mosque could not train the children.
rather, they keep teaching the children that God's blessing is making wealth while someone who find himself poor is not blessed.
and they grow up with that kind of mindset to become corrupt politicians .
all churches are guilty of this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 28, 2016
I feel sad whenever I realize how irresponsible religion, and culture, has made us.

When would we realize that prayers wouldn't put food on our table?
When would we realize that prayers won't lay our beds?
When would we stop praying for our country?
When would our adults stand up to their responsibility instead of hiding behind the veils of religious morals cowardly!
How can we be praying every other day when in reality prayer have never ever helped any country since the history of man.

It's heartaching, shameful, insulting when I see someone in authority calling for prayers. I feel like vomiting. How repulsive!

I wish words can describe how bitter I feel when pastors encourage people to pray for Nigeria because it feeds their pockets.

3 Likes

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 28, 2016
Pyrrho:
I feel sad whenever I realize how irresponsible religion, and culture, has made us.

When would we realize that prayers wouldn't put food on our table?
When would we realize that prayers won't lay our beds?
When would we stop praying for our country?
When would our adults stand up to their responsibility instead of hiding behind the veils of religious morals cowardly!
How can we be praying every other day when in reality prayer have never ever helped any country since the history of man.

It's heartaching, shameful, insulting when I see someone in authority calling for prayers. I feel like vomiting. How repulsive!

I wish words can describe how bitter I feel when pastors encourage people to pray for Nigeria because it feeds their pockets.
The future of Nigeria has already been mortgaged by religious leaders. Handwork has been replaced by prayers and there's no country in the world achieve success through prayers.
Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 28, 2016
Boldwinner:
The problem is not religion. The problem is that Nigerians have refused to face their problems fearlessly. Very Progressive nations always engage with their problems, take out time to deeply think and take consistent actions to solve their problems, but it appears most of us only know how to complain. Lack of Unity among ourselves is also a big issue. We have let religious, party and tribal sentiments to divide us. If we are divided, we can never come together as one to agree on or be committed towards one thing. Check out those developed nations, no matter the differences, they still come together, drop aside their differences and act as one on issues pertaining to national interest. Why is it so hard to do that in Nigeria? Love, genuine love for our fellow man/country and unity is what we all need. Religion isn't the problem.
In order for Nigerians to progress and compete with the Americans, Europeans, Japanese, and the Chinese, they MUST do away with their habit of being prayer warriors to become economic warriors. Economic power is what Afrikans worldwide lack as a people. Economic power is the god of today's modern world, not prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by otem4eartum: 8:04am On May 29, 2016
The problem is Xtain and Muslim religion, the two vampirish religion of the world, topping the murder -list of the world religion murder.

2 Likes

Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by otem4eartum: 8:06am On May 29, 2016
udondeymadt:
In order for Nigerians to progress and compete with the Americans, Europeans, Japanese, and the Chinese, they MUST do away with their habit of being prayer warriors to become economic warriors. Economic power is what Afrikans worldwide lack as a people. Economic power is the god of today's modern world, not prayers.
GBAM!!!
Re: Religious People Should Think About This (food4thought) by paxonel(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2016
PastorAIO:
But deeper than religion is the general cultures of the peoples of africa. I think the problem has many factors but some of the biggest factors that no one seems to want to face are within our cultures. One of the biggest of these big factors is the Privilege that we give to seniority.

Privilege of any sort is the bane of any society. A progressive dynamic culture is firmly rooted in meritocracy. The moment you start to veer away from this and start rewarding people on the basis of privileges the society starts to decline.

Can you imagine a man can open his mouth and spew complete utter Inanity, and if you try to correct him his response will be 'Am I your mate?'. What has age got to do with talking sense? This awarding privileges to daft nonsensical factors whether it is age or religious office (like pastor) or weath, or political office (Oga-ism) is the bane of africa and any society for that matter. On the other hand the stricter a meritocracy you have in a society the stronger and more efficient the society will be.

By the time our minds have been formed by threats and violence by the age of 5 we start to fear certain positions of authority and our ability to think clearly is befuddled. No society that cannot challenge Authority can advance. By the age of 5 our minds are prepared to just follow blindly what the pastor and imam says questioningly. If it wasn't christianity and islam it would be some other religion. So while the religion is problematic it is not the root of the problem.

you are absolutely correct.
African cultures were the origin the problem.
But i still think religions have what it takes to solve the problems by encouraging education and proper enlightenment But pastors and imams are not educating people against cultural norms that are antagonistic to ethics, such as undue privileges to seniority you just mentioned. Rather, they are benefiting from the privileges at the expense of the people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Story Behind My Transfer- FR. MBAKA (video) / Theists And Atheists: Will We Ever Stop Arguing? / Warning To All Christians Against Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.