Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:19 AM

Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza (2145 Views)

Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by mohince(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2016
WARRI- SOLDIERS, who laid siege to Oporoza community, traditional headquarters of Gbaramatu kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, at 1.52 am, started shooting indiscriminately at about 8.44 am, causing more confusion in the riverine town.
Villagers, who ran into the forest on sighting them with gunboats were yet to return, as soldiers, who came in search of ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, and members of the Niger Delta Avengers, have taken over the community.

Ijaw leader, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, told Vanguard on phone at about 9.00 am: “Soldiers have started shooting in Oporoza as I speak to you now, I do not know the casualty, but they are shooting right now, the whole town is in turmoil.”
His words: “I am crying on behalf of my people, we have been saying before now that we do not know what the military is looking for in Oporoza, they have come two times before now in the last few weeks. We said then that they were looking for excuse to start shooting, now they are shooting, we do not know what will happen after the shooting.”

National President of Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, Mr. Austin Ozobo, also raised the alarm that soldiers were shooting in Oporoza and called on the Federal Government to call the soldiers to order.

A villager, who called our reporter on phone, said: “The military is currently shooting randomly in Oporoza but we do not know whether it was aimed at anybody because we are still in the forest. We ran into the forest this morning.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/panic-soldiers-shoot-random-oporoza/
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by mybose: 11:15am On May 28, 2016
Nigeria, a state full of calamities. God must deliver her.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by glassjar1: 11:16am On May 28, 2016
end of zoo is completely near oh heavens cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by eziokwubundunuwa: 11:18am On May 28, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/pdp-warns-clark-tompolo-dokubo-war-threat/
The PDP also warned other support groups, organisations, professional bodies and associations rooting for President Goodluck Jonathan to be careful with their utterances to ensure decency in the polity. This was even as ex- MEND Commanders in the Niger Delta, gave General Theophilus Danjuma seven days ultimatum to apologize over his call for the arrest of Asari Dokubo,Tompolo for threatening that Nigeria would break up if President Jonathan lost the February Presidential election. The ex-militants said that war would follow in Nigeria if Jonathan lost the election. Chief Clark and the ex-militants blasted General Danjuma in their reaction, saying that his remarks were disappo-inting. At a meeting in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital yesterday, the former militant commanders in the region condemned the call for the arrest of front line freedom fighters in the region, Alhaji Mujahideen Asari Dokubo and Government Ekpemupolo a.k.a Tompolo, saying that the call amounted to a declaration of war against the Niger Delta region. Former MEND Commander, Victor Ebikabowei Ben, alias General Boyloaf, also asked General Danjuma to apologise and hide his head in shame or face humiliation.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by freeze001(f): 11:19am On May 28, 2016
And they're off on their favourite pastime, indiscriminate human rights abuse and violence. No terms of engagement all due to their frustration at their ineptitude and inability to find their programmed targets.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by eziokwubundunuwa: 11:20am On May 28, 2016
http://thenationonlineng.net/polls-tompolo-dokubo-others-threaten-war-jonathan-loses/

Niger Delta militants have issued a fresh threat to go to
war except President Goodluck Jonathan wins the
February 14 presidential election.
The former warlords at a meeting at Government
House,Yenagoa last Friday insisted that it is Jonathan
on February 14 or war.
The said defeat for him at the polls would amount to
dethronement, which they described as unacceptable.
They vowed to unleash violence on the country and take
back Niger Delta oil should the outcome be
unfavourable.
At the meeting were Mujahid Asari Dokubo, leader, Niger
Delta Peoples Volunteer Force; Victor Ben Ebikabowei,
aka, Boy Loaf and Government Ekpudomenowei, aka
Tompolo.
Also in attendance were the Special Adviser to the
President on Niger Delta Affairs and chairman of
Amnesty Implementation Committee, Kingsley Kuku;
host governor, Seriake Dickson and President General,
Ijaw Youth Council, Udengs Eradiri, among others.
Dokubo, at the meeting, called for an end to what he
termed intimidation of the Ijaw by other Nigerians.
“For every Goliath, God created a David. For every
Pharaoh, there is a Moses. We are going to war.
Everyone of you should go and fortify yourself,”
Premium Times quoted him as saying.
He advised those at the meeting to be ready for the battle
ahead and declared that President Jonathan would win
reelection.
Also speaking, Boyloaf said that if the North succeeded
in regaining power in the election the people of the Niger
Delta region would take their oil back.
“Keep grudges and sentiments apart. We are ready to
match them bumper to bumper,” Boyloaf sa

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by eziokwubundunuwa: 11:22am On May 28, 2016
My name means "truth is life" and that's why I'm putting these up. Pride goeth before a fall.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Nobody: 11:22am On May 28, 2016
The Army needs to be more professional in their dealings.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by DropShot: 11:24am On May 28, 2016
How many terrorists killed so far?

That's what I want to read as any other news is useless.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by EasternLeopard: 11:24am On May 28, 2016
Get all your phone cameras on

ICC loading for Buhari and his thugsthugs angry

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by tsdarkside(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2016
mohince:
WARRI- SOLDIERS, who laid siege to Oporoza community, traditional headquarters of Gbaramatu kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, at 1.52 am, started shooting indiscriminately at about 8.44 am, causing more confusion in the riverine town.
Villagers, who ran into the forest on sighting them with gunboats were yet to return, as soldiers, who came in search of ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, and members of the Niger Delta Avengers, have taken over the community.

Ijaw leader, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, told Vanguard on phone at about 9.00 am: “Soldiers have started shooting in Oporoza as I speak to you now, I do not know the casualty, but they are shooting right now, the whole town is in turmoil.”
His words: “I am crying on behalf of my people, we have been saying before now that we do not know what the military is looking for in Oporoza, they have come two times before now in the last few weeks. We said then that they were looking for excuse to start shooting, now they are shooting, we do not know what will happen after the shooting.”

National President of Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, Mr. Austin Ozobo, also raised the alarm that soldiers were shooting in Oporoza and called on the Federal Government to call the soldiers to order.

A villager, who called our reporter on phone, said: “The military is currently shooting randomly in Oporoza but we do not know whether it was aimed at anybody because we are still in the forest. We ran into the forest this morning.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/panic-soldiers-shoot-random-oporoza/

hmmm...evacuate your people!!....which type of leader is this wan sef....

leave the area!!!!!..... angry angry angry angry angry

whinning like a woman...collect your people and leave the area!!!.....heavens.......nigerian army want to flatten the joint....

they could use napalm bombs..better evacuate the area.....

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by ojnnaco(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2016
Yet.. the avengers blow up three pipelines today at about 2.15am. where was the military..

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Terry68: 11:30am On May 28, 2016
Pursuing shadows...
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by tsdarkside(m): 11:31am On May 28, 2016
ojnnaco:
Yet.. the avengers blow up three pipelines today at about 2.15am. where was the military..

the creeks is too vast to be everywere at the same time...someone said few hours ago that maybe the bombs were already buried along the pipes long time ago...they are just triggering them from far away with remote-controll....
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by emiwanlee(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2016
That was why he was voted, but they will fail this time
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Lordave: 11:33am On May 28, 2016
This kind of reckless show of violence in Niger Delta is totally unacceptable, the government must ensure that they dialogue with this boys and see to their demands.

One Niger Delta life is worth 10000 barrels of crude oil a day for Nigeria or better still, 3 NA lives.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by HammerTheirPapa(f): 11:34am On May 28, 2016
Please get cameras immediately and
record the killings. Zahra's father is
keen on sleeping in ICC jail for the rest of hateful frail life. Let's help him!

1 Like

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by HammerTheirPapa(f): 11:35am On May 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

hmmm...evacuate your people!!....which type of leader is this wan sef....

leave the area!!!!!..... angry angry angry angry angry

whinning like a woman...collect your people and leave the area!!!.....heavens.......nigerian army want to flatten the joint....

they could use napalm bombs..better evacuate the area.....

Says 'Mr We SS'. grin
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by hesiod: 11:35am On May 28, 2016
The Niger deltas like the fulanis have long memories---Mallam midget el rufia.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Beremx(f): 11:40am On May 28, 2016
Odi massacre seasoning 2 Loading....

I have nothing more to say!
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Nobody: 11:41am On May 28, 2016
Where are our resident i-prick keyboard lieutenants cheesy grin

Dem don dey kill una people ooo.

God punish all of una If y'all don't go there and defend them

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by superstar1(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2016
The child that talk say im mama no go sleep, im too no go close im eyes nah.

Ijaws should ask their brothers the Red Mudsters and the Kanuris in Borno.

You call for it, deal with it.

Learn to fight for your right in a civilised manner. If you act like savages, the Govt has every right to act as a barbarian too.

Is it only Ijaws that are in ND? This was the same ethnicity that took 99% of the largesse under Jonathan. They dominated the list of beneficiaries of the Amnesty programme, political appointment from ND etc.

6 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Sunnynwa: 11:47am On May 28, 2016
Beremx:
Odi massacre seasoning 2 Loading....

I have nothing more to say!

Gerrarahere! EP
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Beremx(f): 11:49am On May 28, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Gerrarahere! EP
Chuks, you dey craze?
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by tsdarkside(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Says 'Mr We SS'. grin

with a minute,,,,now you are a female??...or am i messing things up again??... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Nobody: 11:49am On May 28, 2016
I see a lot of gIGBOS peeing on threads, "hoffing their red-mud panyts" anytime those guys burst pipelines grin

I repeat, if y'all don't go there and defend these guys now that they need you, aye gbogbo yin ma ma baje ni.

Aye yin ti e ti baje na grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by CSTR6: 11:53am On May 28, 2016
Whathaveidone:
I see a lot of gIGBOS peeing on threads, "hoffing their panynts" anytime those guys burst pipelines grin

I repeat, if y'all don't go there and defend these guys now that they need you, aye gbogbo yin ma ma baje ni. Aye yin ti e ti baje na grin cheesy
Ewedu boy.
When you feed on dog food, you begin to speak like a savage .Aye baba ati iya e loba je.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by redsconsult(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2016
To every action there is equal or opposite reaction so says sir isaac newton.... when advrngers are blowing up pipeline .... no alarm was blown but when military are doing theirs... you start raising alarm ....rankadede to NA ....
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Scholes007(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2016
Nigerian military should be very careful, there are many eyes, ears, cameras and pen out there. 10 civilian death can easily equate to massacre. But I support shooting sporadically in air it is part of gragra. Like they say gragra is the pride of a king especially when confused.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by ckmayoca: 11:55am On May 28, 2016
Mumu Nigeria military storming there isn't how to arrest the militant but by infiltrating the region using the citizen descretely. Who dey train una sef? Now una go waste innocent ppl and amnesty international go shock una boss. Everything gragra like say na wrestling ring dem dey.
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by oduastates: 11:55am On May 28, 2016
Oil oil oil
Everyone has run mad
Re: Panic As Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza by Nobody: 11:57am On May 28, 2016
CSTR6:
Ewedu boy.
When you feed on dog food, you begin to speak like a savage .Aye baba ati iya e loba je.

Yeah. I buy ewedu from your mother tho grin cheesy

So you know about savagery? I-bum youth quickly turn Pastor adeboye grin Your apa yansh!

Olosh! You better jump off before I unleash my e-sabers on you cheesy

Dirty boy, Olobe!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Malaysia More Developed Than Nigeria ???? / How The Ibos Destroyed Their Chance Of Seceding Peacefully From Nigeria / Buhari Releases Convicted Bokoharam Bomber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.