Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,034 members, 7,906,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (619878 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2010
I think any black soap would do.
We currently use Village Fresh.

Bentonite clay won't be sold at your local beauty store,
I don't think. But hey don't worry about it.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
Posted by: Gamine
Insert Quote

Bentonite clay won't be sold at your local beauty store,

Thanks. will look 4 village fresh. its always in a plastic container right? if i dnt get dt, will settle for dudu osun. tnx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
Yeah! The one I have has a white body and green cover,
It has a lemon scent to it.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2010
Insert Quote
Yeah! The one I have has a white body and green cover,
It has a lemon scent to it.
Posted on: Today at 04:38:53 PM
yea. thats d one. wud look 4 it. cheers!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:48am On Sep 23, 2010
AyoB, you can use Olay regenerist AND Olay Quench; the regenerist is sort of a moisturising 'foundation' for the face, you can use your regular moisturiser over it if you wish. You don't have to 'choose' or anything; they do different things and won't interfere with each other.

Princessdoja:

can somebody tell me a store where i can get meladerm.

Meladerm doesn't work for everybody; it's a waste of money for 90% of its users. It works great only for a few. There are much, much, much better alternatives. Is it hyperpigmentation you want it for? Please consider going for something else. It's the ingredients that count, not brand names. If it's hyperpigmentation or scarring from years of acne breakouts, try MaMa Lotion Mandelic and Malic Acid.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2010
browncocos:

also ive been using the OPI you recommended for about a month now

@browncocos whenever I see your name I always want to ask you how your getting on with the  OPI NAIL ENVY, my cousin took tongue mine , my nails are  really missing it.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2010
Posted by: Mad_Max
Insert Quote
AyoB, you can use Olay regenerist AND Olay Quench; the regenerist is sort of a moisturising 'foundation' for the face, you can use your regular moisturiser over it if you wish. You don't have to 'choose' or anything; they do different things and won't interfere with each other.

4 real? was actually tinking if i kud lay my hands on d neutrogena visibly even wit SPF 30, twud be nice to combine wit d regenerist but as it is, no chance of that i guess. wont mind returning to Olay quench since its easier to get but hw to get d regenerist is d issue now. do u ve any idea how to get it in naija? maybe shoprite or somwia dt dont cost the 8000 previously posted hia, Lawd ve mercy! a friend even recomended fair and white bar soap (the brown one) which she assures me does nothing more dan exfoliate. i dunno but wud just stick to village fresh 4 now anywayz. tnx though.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
4 real? was actually tinking if i kud lay my hands on d neutrogena visibly even wit SPF 30, twud be nice to combine wit d regenerist but as it is, no chance of that i guess. wont mind returning to Olay quench since its easier to get but hw to get d regenerist is d issue now. do u ve any idea how to get it in naija? maybe shoprite or somwia dt dont cost the 8000 previously posted hia, Lawd ve mercy! a friend even recomended fair and white bar soap (the brown one) which she assures me does nothing more dan exfoliate. i dunno but wud just stick to village fresh 4 now anywayz. tnx though.
[quote][/quote]

u can get the regenerist serum at the palms(casabella) and its for 3900.trust me once u start u ll get hooked on it, and u can use your neutrogena spf 30 on it since the serum doesnt ve any spf protection
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2010
Posted by: yjay
Insert Quote

u can get the regenerist serum at the palms(casabella) and its for 3900.trust me once u start u ll get hooked on it, and u can use your neutrogena spf 30 on it since the serum doesnt ve any spf protection

@Yjay: tru talk! in that case, am onto it like white on rice. wow! and even at that price, am definitly onto it. tnx gal. yea, hope i get d neutrogena at d palms too. tnx a whole bunch
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 12:27am On Sep 25, 2010
anytime, wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ Yjay, Madmax, Gamine:
Ladies pls i have another equally important issue. i knw meladerm has been recommended earlier for hyperpigmentation and such but wat i need is somtin that will lighten my underarms for me. i see gals with smooth and light underarms and am envious but each time i lift my arms (wich isnt always cos am conscious), it seems every1 eyes is drawn to it and i cant help feel its cos its probably dark and slightly bumped. i use a shaving cream(Veet for sensitive skin) yet some frnds use shaving stick n get beta results. each time i try shaving stick, i brk out in bumps. pls what can i use as an antiperspirant and do i need to change my shaving cream? maybe, its causing my underarms to be dark eh? tnx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2010
I honestly have never really given this much thought,
but, added to Meladerm, I'm thinking Exfoilation, Black Soap and Sunscreens.

I would go and check, but Mad_Max and co would probably
give the best answers.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2010
Insert Quote
I honestly have never really given this much thought,
but, added to Meladerm, I'm thinking Exfoilation, Black Soap and Sunscreens.

I would go and check, but Mad_Max and co would probably
give the best answers.
Posted on: Today at 01:55:05 PM

@Gamine: tnx.
@Madmax and Yjay: waiting on ur suggestions!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ madlady
I am loving the O.P.I thank you very much
before my OPI arrived tho I got this recipe that meditterean women use
crushed garlic in nail polish allow to ferment for 7 days and apply(men that poo smells funky lools)
but it works and I can live with it,so I alternate it with the OPI and my nails are as hard as ever
really grateful thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ Yjay: casabella is supposed to be a store at d palms or a section? pardon my ignorance! i dnt stay in lag but i asked 2 frnds who do n dey ve no idea wat casabella is or wia in d palms it is located. am sorry but can u giv me specifics pls?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2010
I also forgot to mention the KESSA
its a form of exfoliating glove I use
I got one from the spa
and ladies that stuff is ahhhhhmaazing

you literally see the dead cells flake off your skin
I use my regular sponge and rinse thrice and i add little black soap on the kessa and the stuff doesnt even foam but you need to see what comes off my body after "supposedly taking a bath with regular soap and sponge"
I swear it scary grin grin grin

but its so gentle even to use on the face at least I use mine on my face but with little or no pressure though.

I saw one  off amazon and it was about $12 but luckily I think mine was like 500 bucks at the spa

heres the link of exactly what I have here
http://www.amazon.com/Kae-Argatherapie-KaeGlove-Exfoliating-Hammam/dp/B001P76O6G/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IACQZB43I1PHQ&colid=2078XWN0IS9Q5

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ ayoB
PLS CLICK ON MY PROFILE AND READ THE EPISTLE i TRIED TO POST LIKE 5 TIMES
yOULL GET A LINK THERE NOT SURE WHY THE SPAM BOT IS ON MY CASE TONIGHT LOLS
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2010
@browncocos: at first, d only tin i kud see was ur face jumping outta my screen n i almost freaked out. lolznot in a bad way o. anyway, after a coupla mins, i figured out hw to view d "epistle'. funny tin is, i tink d spam tin actually had let it thru cos its posted abt 3 times on d thread. anyway, seeing it on ur profile confirmed it. so, yes. i got ur 'epistle' tnx. one recurrent tin seems to be black soap n shear butter. i will check wich is readily accesible btw village fresh n ur alata samina. wicheva i lay hands on first, wins d race. lol. but wats KESSA? wud i get it from health stores or from d omo elewe too? pls dnt tell me i ve to come to abuja to get it though i wont mind Dr sandra's mix sha. ve to confess, d KESSA is interesting. so, KESSA(if i can get it), black soap n shear butter(wich is easy to get wia i am). hw much does Dr sandra's Glow cream go for? like a price range?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
omg
glad it came through now I have to modify all the posts
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2010
@browncocos: guess if ur husband dnt like it, i shudnt assume i wud. anyway, wud get on d odas n kip u updated. tnx a lot n cheers
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2010
biko biko biko
dont mind that man o
he expects me to be smelling of candy all day
he says it smells cheap and tacky like a 20naira cream
see me see trouble
it not that bad jor
am sure you can live with it,it does smell cheap but not as bad as youre thinking lol
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by AyoB(f): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Browncocos: hehehe. our men and dia wahala! no stress den. if u say its not dt bad, i guess it cant be dt horrible. will let u knw hw it goes. cheers
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by jovi: 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ Mad-max,can we get mama lotion in nigeria?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 3:56am On Sep 26, 2010
@Browncocos which of the OPI NAIL ENVY'S are you using? I'm now using this one.
   It seems just as good as the 1st that I showed you but half the price.
   I'v only used it for a week now but, it REALLY SEEMS to be doing the job.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2010
@ madlady
I use the original nail envy in green pack
I guess all nail envy do the same job
all na marketing

http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Original-Nail-Envy-Strengthener/dp/B000ORNKHY/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285483570&sr=8-1

gosh how do you paste pictures?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2010
jovi:

@ Mad-max,can we get mama lotion in nigeria?

@ jovi
have you used mama lotion before?
because I used it in the past and this stuff literally burnt my face beyond recognition in the 1 week I used it
needless to say I couldnt go to work in those days I had to return it and gave a nasty feedback
its a shame it didnt work for me though since I read so many wonderful reviews on it

a bit of background if you have sensitive/soft/combination skin like me
Ill advise you to save your money and dont buy it

but if you've used it before and it works just fine
disregard my rant  grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2010
Gamine:

Bentonite clay [b][/b]won't be sold at your local beauty store,

what does this do?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2010
thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2010
browncocos:

@ madlady
I use the original nail envy in green pack
I guess all nail envy do the same job
all na marketing

http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Original-Nail-Envy-Strengthener/dp/B000ORNKHY/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285483570&sr=8-1

gosh how do you paste pictures?

You mean this.

IT'S FANTASTIC, but the NAIL ENVY in the  orange packet seems[b][/b] just as good, but half the price.

One thing I have noticed, when I stop using it my nails split at the corners, I had to file them in to a point embarassed.

@Browncocos, I'v just followed your link shocked shocked shocked, they have soooo many types of NAIL ENVY, I had no idea, I only bought the orange one because it was the cheapest I could find.

I'v never bought from amazon, your link shows all NAIL ENVY'S at less that half what I pay. THANKS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.