Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech (26214 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili: "Buhari's Independence Day Speech Is Divisive & Uninspiring" / Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by SirHenry105(m): 1:07pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

Because the "menace of fulani herdsmen" Is just a media hype by you all. All the fake pictures of herdsmen carrying Ak47 have been proven to be not from anywhere in Nigeria. Yes killings by fulani herdsmen has been happening for long (still happening ) and the president has done everything humanly possible to stop it but you all won't be satisfied even if he comes out to specifically condemn it . Malaria,armed robbery,kidnpping for rituals kill far more people than the so called fulani herdsmen. So far I haven't heard any leader from Niger delta condemn the activities of NDA as if they are complicit should we all now be shouting that ijaw leaders including the former president are supporting NDA Just because they have not come out to condemn their activities in strong terms.
I don't understand you oh...... Are you saying that the fact that he didn't address the issue is okay simply because the media is over reporting it or what?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by louqas: 1:08pm On May 30, 2016
bot101:

Wow! I must be a Martian. Pray tell, what has the president done to curtail their horrendous activies? I can't seem to recall any.

Because you haven't been listening or you prefer to listen to beer parlour gists .
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by erico2k2(m): 1:30pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

So what's the obsession with the president needing to mention fulani herdsmen in his speech ? The reference to ijaw leaders and nda in my post was to point out that no ijaw leader has come to condemn in strong words the activities of the NDA should we now believe they are condoning or are behind the NDA?
No BH is a real threat and the Heardsmen are real threat, to Humans.human lives has more value than the whole world Oil
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by kajoula(m): 1:34pm On May 30, 2016
[size=18pt]THE TRUTH IS MISSING [/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by opribo(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2016
We are missing the point as usual, if you watched Buhari reading out that speech yesterday. You would have seen a man struggling very hard to maintain a stable composure. Indeed, that man deserves to be resting by this time the job at hand is very tasking for his age and we cannot afford to [lace the destiny of Nigerians in the hands of a man who will be battling with old age challenges and also setting cutting edge policies to move our economy forward.

Unfortunately, the VP who ought to be very active in the circumstance seems to still be learning his ropes. Under these situations the Nigerian economy will remain in the doldrums for a while. What we need at this time is a young time tested crack team of financial experts, which we are not lacking in Nigeria to drive this economy but because of these cabal in the military and in the North, they wont let this nation get to where it ought to be in the league of nations. They want us to remain beggarly like their brothers in Niger, Chad, Sudan etc.

We need to run faster and be where we ought to be. South Africa, India, Singapore are not better than us, what we need are strong, dynamic visionary, calculated risk takers, people who believe that we have all it takes, people hungry for success, people ready to grow with Nigeria and not people who have raped this nation and have nothing more to loose if anything goes wrong.

We need a real CHANGE from real change agents and not deadwoods.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Richydos(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

BACK TO SENDER
"U have won yourself my award of the DUMBEST nigga roaming this nation called Nigeria..... If m to get u right u mean the president is right to have kept mute on matter of national concern.... Use dettol to bath not hypo Cox d damage it's doing to u is quite obvious"

GO AND DIE
Lolzzzz...... Did I get @ u Oh come take a hug chicken boy Cox i wouldn't be pleased with myself if I should hear another suicide case..... Hahahahhahahah
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by IBello300(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2016
That one is politically motivated that's Y he remains silent on the issue.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by EMMNIG: 3:43pm On May 30, 2016
What could this mean for Nigeria?

[/quote]
SO OBVIOUS;
THEY ARE WORKING FOR HIM
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by defemidefemi(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2016
O.p, please I need the source of this terrorist ranking.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by owalisalvation(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2016
as it is bin described, Fulani herdsmen is buhari while avengers is from Goodluck n Tompolo. well every gov is rising dere own military just kill n destroy but i tanc God for de one of NigerD bcs its to bring Justice.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Darlington1976(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2016
D paedophile n terrorist is still studying d activities of his kinsmen heardsmen. Nonsense PMB
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by donlisa: 7:19pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

Because the "menace of fulani herdsmen" Is just a media hype by you all. All the fake pictures of herdsmen carrying Ak47 have been proven to be not from anywhere in Nigeria. Yes killings by fulani herdsmen has been happening for long (still happening ) and the president has done everything humanly possible to stop it but you all won't be satisfied even if he comes out to specifically condemn it . Malaria,armed robbery,kidnpping for rituals kill far more people than the so called fulani herdsmen. So far I haven't heard any leader from Niger delta condemn the activities of NDA as if they are complicit should we all now be shouting that ijaw leaders including the former president are supporting NDA Just because they have not come out to condemn their activities in strong terms.
dis is clear exbition of delutional and cynical attitude towards issues like dis.....y are u now politicalizin de herdsmen attack
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by mindtricks: 7:23pm On May 30, 2016
metronaija:
One Important Thing Missing In Buhari's Democracy Speech

President Mohammadu Buhari on Sunday, May 29 addressed Nigerians on his milestones in his one-year old administration.

Reading through the transcript of President Buhari's Democracy speech, he touched on Boko haram, IPOB, Niger Delta Militants , but there was no mention of Fulani herdsmen attacks.

In Global Terrorism Index, Boko Haram is ranked as the deadliest terrorism group in the world, follow by ISIS, AL-Shabab. Fulani herdsmen is rated fourth as one of the worst terrorist organisations in the world with its base in Nigeria.

That means Nigeria harbors two of the powerful terrorist organisations in the world. And the President is silent about it.

What could this mean for Nigeria?

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/one-important-thing-missing-in-buharis.html

I trust the Presidency will have very good excuses why Buhari choose to keep mute about such a group that has been busy killing innocent people towards the south,especially a time like this we have the rare opportunity to hear directly from him.
Maybe we can depend on Sahara reporters to know the President's mind.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by donlisa: 7:25pm On May 30, 2016
opribo:
We are missing the point as usual, if you watched Buhari reading out that speech yesterday. You would have seen a man struggling very hard to maintain a stable composure. Indeed, that man deserves to be resting by this time the job at hand is very tasking for his age and we cannot afford to [lace the destiny of Nigerians in the hands of a man who will be battling with old age challenges and also setting cutting edge policies to move our economy forward.

Unfortunately, the VP who ought to be very active in the circumstance seems to still be learning his ropes. Under these situations the Nigerian economy will remain in the doldrums for a while. What we need at this time is a young time tested crack team of financial experts, which we are not lacking in Nigeria to drive this economy but because of these cabal in the military and in the North, they wont let this nation get to where it ought to be in the league of nations. They want us to remain beggarly like their brothers in Niger, Chad, Sudan etc.

We need to run faster and be where we ought to be. South Africa, India, Singapore are not better than us, what we need are strong, dynamic visionary, calculated risk takers, people who believe that we have all it takes, people hungry for success, people ready to grow with Nigeria and not people who have raped this nation and have nothing more to loose if anything goes wrong.

may blessing nver depart fron ur name......ibu onye agozili agozi
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by mindtricks: 7:28pm On May 30, 2016
opribo:

Are you dreaming? Many of us don't think anyone can perform better than this.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Ken4Christ: 8:10pm On May 30, 2016
I do not blame Buhari. I blame all the southerners for being weak and timid. With the speech he made, it shows he does not have the interest of families of those killed. The Fulani Herdsmen is a northern agenda to take over Nigeria and subdue the people of the South. It is a Jihad against the Christian communities. It is an attempt to Islamise the country. It is up to us the Southerners to wake up and defend ourselves against these terrorist group that has the backing of the President. Shame to all Southern governors for keeping quiet on the issue. Shame to all our senators and house of Representatives from the South. Shame to all Christians and Southerners who still plegde loyalty to the wicked leadership of Buhari. God will deliver us from the hand of this wicked leaders who does not have value for human lives.

Wake up all Southerners. Your community might be the next target. We must say no to this wickedness. Buhari does not have any moral right to continue as the President of this great Nation. He owe us an apology for not addressing the security challenge as he ought to. I don't belong to any party. Democracy has failed in Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by chinchum(m): 8:13pm On May 30, 2016
quite disheartening !. He messed up big time, and i would really want to know what is in his mind about the herdsmen.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Eluwilussit(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

When some Fulani herdsmen were killed in the SW around 01/02, this same pmb led a group of arewa elders to demand answers from the governor and elders of the state. But as president, he has kept mute while herdsmen massacred communities. That's hypocrisy.

Hope you remember how the DSS accused a community in Abia for killing 5 fulanis, even when there was no such thing. Pmb lacks tact and integrity. Fulani herdsmen palaver is not over-rated. It is actually underrated.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by sirwisy2580: 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

don't claim unaware plzzz. which party of the country are from. I am sure u don't travel. I HV seen myself OK those Fulani herdsmen are real n they are from Nigeria. stop reading new make one. still pity pple like u who are supporters of a clueless administration who only through Anti- corruption agenda promoter it n aggravated the problem of this country. pls don't tell that u don't have WASSCE RESULT .
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 30, 2016
jamace:
Fulani herdsmen are dear to the president. grin

He is a bigot.

Plus illiterate.

I wonder how people who support him reason..
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Raxxye(m): 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
louqas:

I normally do not fancy insulting people on social media or anywhere for that matter, ****
So malaria kills more people than Fulani herdsmen and that is why the president is not doing anything to stop his bloodthirsty kinsmen? ****
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by Hendobox: 10:11am On May 31, 2016
doom
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Missing In Buhari's Democracy Day Speech by 18SNVL: 11:41am On May 31, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Youth Day: Tinubu Celebrates Young People In Nigeria / Governor Ayade's Aide Claims Venue Of PDP Rally In Calabar Was Empty (Video) / Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.