Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone (53204 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Backup & Restore KIK Chats From Iphone / Ipad / Ipod Touch / How Can I Download Two Kik On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2016
Let's report these fools.. I just did though

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Osisie(m): 8:55am On May 31, 2016
Op sure needs an English class.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Churchillsaug(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2016
JAWASIL:
You must have embarrassed your dad with the kind of English you were SPARKING that day. Honestly dude, you need work. Go learn how to speak and comprehend sentences properly. It helps.
some people don't know how to comment on public forum, especially you. Is this education section? Why not go there and be correcting people since you are english professor. The dude is giving us a story of what happened to him and you are here talking about him embarrassing his father, are you his father? Is English your language? Can you confidently write with your own native language without making an error? Can you even speake your native language fluently talk more of writing with it? Don't let me call you names?

3 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by slapacha: 8:59am On May 31, 2016
Yeah mate! I had same experience last year when I was serving right there in ilorin. My ppa was Nigerian prisons service the state headquarter at ilorin Gra.. and that was the only excuse that saved my ass.. the foolish man with kleg immediately handed over our phones and id cards to us when my friend told him his dad was the Comptroller of prisons, kwara command.. he called the attention of that wretched man with tribal mark and the other one who was already checking my phone.. they were even the one that stopped taxi for us. ilorin sars are nothing but MISCREANT THIEVES!!
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Offisial(m): 9:07am On May 31, 2016
You cant even detail your encounter with them concisely to depict you are an undergraduate, how would you have been able to defend yourself?
Speaking like patience!!

quote author=Samtoby post=46119384]Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.
[/quote]
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ahbey(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If our Nigeria Police can't identified a social media on a gadget...then tell me how this pple can gather a core intelligence report tech....Rubbish
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by EntclassBlog(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2016
Visit www.ent class.com for latest free browsing cheat.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by bawz012(m): 9:15am On May 31, 2016
dipznano:

Google is ur friend bro angry
Or better still 'what you long to feel like'

grin grin grin
grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by rhyssmiles: 9:24am On May 31, 2016
SARS are useless set of people, they came to my area in ikorodu to raid yesterday.. They went into My friends house and broke every body
door and took them without any reason... Please my cousin is also there and they don't want to grant him bail... Please the appropriate authority should please look into this SARS issues, they are actually arresting the innocent instead of this cult boys disturbing the peace of the neighborhood. All they want is to collect money, so the innocent is now there source of income..
They are from Oyingbo, but i don't know which of there office
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 9:54am On May 31, 2016
gwmlogistic:

I complained verbally. And I was asked to write a statement later
good one, you have done well, I really wish others can follow suit....
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by moski5(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2016
lereinter:

This is the kind of job that more than a

Million Nigeria youth ve applied for

A job full with curses.

the job is not 'filled' with curses it the officials dat extort n abuse dr power dts cursed

I advice any Nigerian passionate about Justice to work in d Force

Nb .. if you read other comments you'd notice a guy reached the Commissioner of Police without knowing him n those rogue officers were dealt With
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by anyicash(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

I just thank God I wasn't traveling alone, they collect my phone I can't call anyone, my brother called my dad which he came to my rescue, I even hide my biz from my parent for years but decided to open up just last year.
from the way you make some certain comments, my brother you are 60% a yahoo boy. but it does not matter to me.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ify84(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2016
Nigerian Police is evil
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Mrjo(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:

My dad won't want to follow it to that extent, he even told me to stop crying that it's how its written for me today.
thank God for ur life, i like the way ur father handle it let them carry their wahala and go. I will like to knw more abt ur online biz i'm iñtrested.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 11:01am On May 31, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

Na lie u dey lie Jo, u be yahoo yahoo
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 11:31am On May 31, 2016
i also had similar experience, i was dressed in a brown chinös jean and wearing Man ö war agility polo, the asked everybody to come down, we all came down after much searching the other one asked me why am i dressing in mobile police polo uniform, i told him am a war bay, he didn't even know what a war bay means, he asked me my indian Delter that's my I.D i told him i don't have it tho i have it in my bag i just wanted to act a small movie but the movie turned so crazy for US. he said i was impersonating mobile police. I didn't replied him i just kept calm the other one asked him who i was he said the guy the calm waitin he no know, thank God i was very Good in english and this guys aren't even good enough, that was a very big way i intimidated them after much talk the oga came i gave him compliment he replied we discussed via radio voice...He just asked me to go..lol shame come catch this guys. The other guy come say oga na wa you oh...it is very bad that these guys are illiterates the don't know anything at all, not mannered not trained so bad that the can't differentiate between different tags in force uniform

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Mrjo(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2016
Pls i want to follow u
merits:
Stop be a gamer,be a farmer

Be a farmer and produce food for the Nation

Tomatoes cost ooooo,invest in tomatoes today and see yourself as a millionaire tomorrow

See my tractor pix below,on my way to the farm.

Kindly hit like if you support my idea.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Ups01(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2016
gwmlogistic:

Then tomorrow same would be done to your brother or friend. If only would stand up to fight injustice. As much as people say Nigeria is bad and nothing works, u wld be surprised that something's actually work. U are a grown man and do not need your dad's consent to correct the injustice. Anyway it's just my opinion. To be sure that I know what I am typing about. The leader is an elderly man with tribal marks, the one that was most annoying is a tall black guy with klegs. And another short fair guy that seems more reasonable. U don't know the kind of joy u wld feel when u watch the CP disarm them and order that they should be locked up.

Yes oo my Broda, was wondering how to get back at those guys.

They won't let us rest along Ilorin Express road.
As if we are yahoo boys.

Pls how can we sue them and make some huge moneey!

Have this experience not once but twice but they let me go since they can't find anything implicating
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Ups01(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2016
shocked
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by feldido(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2016
Ups01:

Had this experience too, how can we stop them from harassing us.

Can we sue them? Just wondering...

As if we are all yahoo boys

Get some spy gadgets, like watches, buttons, camera in cars, even using our phones.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 31, 2016
Report them

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by mrteee: 1:01pm On May 31, 2016
Ups01:

Yes oo my Broda, was wondering how to get back at those guys.

They won't let us rest along Ilorin Express road.
As if we are yahoo boys.

Pls how can we sue them and make some huge moneey!

Have this experience not once but twice but they let me go since they can't find anything implicating

CHECK POLICE CRU FOR COMPLAINTS AGAINST ERRING OFFICERS.
ON PHONE AND SOCIAL MEDIA. FROM WHAT I'VE READ, THEY RESPOND SWIFTLY.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by elvision1(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
aliuka:
Dose guyz ehn....
moi first experience wif dem was on ogbomoso to ilorin road,it was almost dsame situation buh d difference is jus dat I denied dier allegations completely, dey checkd tru all d apps on moi fone,sms and even d contacts, e opend moi whatsapp msgs one after d oda and later accused me of bin a Yahoo boy asking me d last time I kolet money? u sabi say dem no dey speak english na. lol
I was jus laughing and it got d man soo angry, e said I should remove moi cloths and d shoe which I obediently did while still laughing, e on moi laptop and check tru all d apps.
after evrytin e said I should go

dem say make you pull your clothes and Shoe and you comply and continue to dey laugh? Ah! My brother Na so craze dey start o! cheesy
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Edigrows: 2:01pm On May 31, 2016
addikt:
Kik, I use that a lot though ,better still you root your phone and get an app hider from the playstore. With this I can give my phone to any idiot officers to check...this is what kik looks like though ..
U dont even need root to hide ur apps, some android launchers have "hide app" feature
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by cmpunk: 2:01pm On May 31, 2016
popcykaylah:

I pity you..You fit argue and remind a police officer that kind thing..infact you for threaten to sue the police man ..but bros if you try do any agidi with Sars..the kind beaten wey you go chop..holy mother of God ..them go smash your phone and them put you in the minst of garden criminals ..nobody will know your whereabouts..

SARS(Special Anti-Robbery Squad) just like the U.S SWAT( Special Weapons and Tactics) is not established to harass or intimidate any one in the name of stop and search.

I've had encounters with them on different occasion and the manner of approach, appearance(dressing), composure and the way you address them matters alot. I GIVE THEM THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE and once i identify myself in the most polite way i could, ive never for once being delayed or further interrogated.

Moreover, im familiar with the route the OP is talking about .
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Justiceotuya(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2016
We have read the guys story and most of us have commented, some castigated and some gave their own experiences. I stay at Ilorin and might one day encounter these rouges. Some of us here are inexperienced in dealing with police interrogation.

Please for the love of God can some one concisely tell us do and don'ts when faced with police interrogation.

Secondly it seems the officers at the omo aran check Point have been bitting more than they can chew. Wouldn't it be good if we copied this thread through social media and whatsapp to the police customer care?

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Akynzodeighbour(m): 2:44pm On May 31, 2016
They are plenty in kwara state, all they do is waste the time of the people in the bus, harass people,extort, irresponsible sets of human being, i've had my own experience with them also, and i made sure they regretted it
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by addikt(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2016
Edigrows:

U dont even need root to hide ur apps, some android launchers have "hide app" feature

Most of those foolish policemen knows about that too...so I download app hider, rename it with dictionary ....and I'm good to go.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by coolh3ad(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Lol I never see that Police officer wey go tell me to give am my phone.... we go know who be who that day!

Oga, na mouth you just get...Don't mess up with SARS oooo..Those guys no send you one bit..They are ready to embarrass you and fit even shoot you for leg if you try rubbish or do gra gra....Just be Calm and watch what you say....
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by coolh3ad(m): 4:02pm On May 31, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

The tags Gameboy and IT doesn't stand for or mean crime in the real sense...

Even if he answered yes to being a gameboy or IT person, I still maintain that those fools had nothing against him, not until the OP asked to bribe them. Gameboy and IT are words that are, in the real sense, not associated with crime so how do the fools expect every living Nigerians to know that such words are used to represent criminals?

Bros not for Nigerian Policemen or SARS..Gameboy to them means yahoo boy..That what yahoo boys call themselves now ...Game boy or working boy....
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by JAWASIL(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2016
Churchillsaug:
some people don't know how to comment on public forum, especially you. Is this education section? Why not go there and be correcting people since you are english professor. The dude is giving us a story of what happened to him and you are here talking about him embarrassing his father, are you his father? Is English your language? Can you confidently write with your own native language without making an error? Can you even speake your native language fluently talk more of writing with it? Don't let me call you names?
Shut up and try to be honest, man. At his age, he shouldn't be typing that eye sore. He's a student for God sake! I had to tell him the truth and only truth. Shikena!
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Churchillsaug(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2016
JAWASIL:
Shut up and try to be honest, man. At his age, he shouldn't be typing that eye sore. He's a student for God sake! I had to tell him the truth and only truth. Shikena!
you no answer my question. Shey english na ur language? Oyinbo man fit write yoruba? Why u come dey form for here? U fit write with ur native tongue? Abi here na education section? Or na only u go school pass for here? If u no know, he is not an author, even those author's use to edit their work b4 publishing them bcause of some mistakes but this dude was not writing to publish, so, why cant u jst use ur iq to grab his point and move on? Even if u want to critisize him, why cant u do it with brain, must u make him look so silly and worthless by telling him that he embarrassed his dad? Guy u are such a big foool, an idiiot with no single orientation. Go and learn how to talk in public b4 posting poo on social media. English man my foot. Where are u frm sef?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.