Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,605 members, 7,937,725 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. (568 Views)

Handshake Across The Niger Communique: South-East, South-West Decision In Enugu / Niger Delta Avengers Website Blocked / "Don't Attack Soldiers, Oil Workers & Aircrafts" - Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. by donogaga(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2016
Is there any moral justification for renewed hostilities by the group called Niger Delta Avengers in a country that has spent more than N500 billion alone on the Niger Delta Amnesty programme in the last 6 years? In a country were over N621 billion was allocated to the Niger Delta Development Commission in 2014 and 2015 alone? This is definitely an anomaly.

Am entitled to my opinion and hence these:

1, Rumors have it that they ain't targeting oil facilities this time around.

2, They only blow up pipelines, Pipeline repairs is nothing. Let's pray they don't blow up any onshore facilities or an offshore platform. It's gonna be a disaster.

3, If they drop akara bomb for any onshore facilities ,...na war dem don start be that oh.

4, Too bad the Nigeria army are filled with rootless soldiers and those guys will be so happy to turn south south to desert. And it's very easy to curb this guys if they go overboard.

5, What the Niger Delta Avengers are doing is very bad, because you don't fight a war in your own backyard no matter your grievance. You can't be risking the lives of the people you claim to be fighting for.

6, Should they be foolish to cause harm to any expertriate, they will be in some shit.

7, I sincerely think this is not a fight for the course of the people of the region as they claim.

8, I keep hearing every day itsekiri people warning them not to even come close to their lands. Likewise the urhobos. Most part anyways.

9, They stated that they will be coming to NLNG.. Some weeks back.

10, What the government is doing now is currently fair.

11, You don't negotiate with militants who don't have the minds of their people in their quest.

12, The govt is trying to speak with the stakeholders in the region as well as looking for the Niger Delta Avengers.

13, If this administration repeat what the previous administration did,... Just know that we are in for shit.

14, You know the amnesty that was given before was not properly done. Alot of the guys were not affected so they were angry. Actually, The amnesty only made the Lords or generals millionaire and billionaire.

15, This government have a primary goal,.. Which is what they are working on.

16, This administration is trying very hard to fight corruption,... Which other administration didn't do for 16 years irrespective of the party.

17, I can't imagine some chiefs and elder statesmen advising Buhari to negotiate and grant them amnesty by reinstating the amnesty program.

18, Guys, I was in ughelli some months ago suddenly I heard siren and people were clearing from the express, lo and behold it was Tompolo in a convoy of about 12 Bentley all bullet proof painted black and red. It was crazy.

19, There's no basis for this renewed hostility, especially one borne out of outright mischief and of no relevance.

20, Nigerians must rise up against ethnic and clannish
sentiments and see this more as a national affront. Not also in a period where the price of crude is beginning to show promising signs and our production capacity is dropping due to the activities of the militants.

I would like to add that something is fundamentally wrong
somewhere with the Niger Delta region and its agitations.
Re: My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. by oduastates: 8:18pm On May 30, 2016
From where i sit, the avengers are doing you a favour.
If after over 40 years there is something to learn, it is that oil will not get Nigeria anywhere.
Are they not making the government rethink their dependence of the government on piped ND gas for power?
Re: My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. by martinosi: 8:58pm On May 30, 2016
donogaga:
Is there any moral justification for renewed hostilities by the group called Niger Delta Avengers in a country that has spent more than N500 billion alone on the Niger Delta Amnesty programme in the last 6 years? In a country were over N621 billion was allocated to the Niger Delta Development Commission in 2014 and 2015 alone? This is definitely an anomaly.

Am entitled to my opinion and hence these:

1, Rumors have it that they ain't targeting oil facilities this time around.

2, They only blow up pipelines, Pipeline repairs is nothing. Let's pray they don't blow up any onshore facilities or an offshore platform. It's gonna be a disaster.

3, If they drop akara bomb for any onshore facilities ,...na war dem don start be that oh.

4, Too bad the Nigeria army are filled with rootless soldiers and those guys will be so happy to turn south south to desert. And it's very easy to curb this guys if they go overboard.

5, What the Niger Delta Avengers are doing is very bad, because you don't fight a war in your own backyard no matter your grievance. You can't be risking the lives of the people you claim to be fighting for.

6, Should they be foolish to cause harm to any expertriate, they will be in some shit.

7, I sincerely think this is not a fight for the course of the people of the region as they claim.

8, I keep hearing every day itsekiri people warning them not to even come close to their lands. Likewise the urhobos. Most part anyways.

9, They stated that they will be coming to NLNG.. Some weeks back.

10, What the government is doing now is currently fair.

11, You don't negotiate with militants who don't have the minds of their people in their quest.

12, The govt is trying to speak with the stakeholders in the region as well as looking for the Niger Delta Avengers.

13, If this administration repeat what the previous administration did,... Just know that we are in for shit.

14, You know the amnesty that was given before was not properly done. Alot of the guys were not affected so they were angry. Actually, The amnesty only made the Lords or generals millionaire and billionaire.

15, This government have a primary goal,.. Which is what they are working on.

16, This administration is trying very hard to fight corruption,... Which other administration didn't do for 16 years irrespective of the party.

17, I can't imagine some chiefs and elder statesmen advising Buhari to negotiate and grant them amnesty by reinstating the amnesty program.

18, Guys, I was in ughelli some months ago suddenly I heard siren and people were clearing from the express, lo and behold it was Tompolo in a convoy of about 12 Bentley all bullet proof painted black and red. It was crazy.

19, There's no basis for this renewed hostility, especially one borne out of outright mischief and of no relevance.

20, Nigerians must rise up against ethnic and clannish
sentiments and see this more as a national affront. Not also in a period where the price of crude is beginning to show promising signs and our production capacity is dropping due to the activities of the militants.

I would like to add that something is fundamentally wrong
somewhere with the Niger Delta region and its agitations.

Sometimes i wonder why Most Nigerians cannot understand cause and effect

You posted 20 points and did not even list the main issue that is more likely
to be causing this so called renewed militacy.

President Buhari announced that his Govt will cut by 70% or even scrap the Niger-Delta
Amnesty Programme by December 2015.

See link below

Tuesday, 15 December 2015 13:30

FORMER Niger Delta militants have warned that they may return to the creeks and take up arms again if President Muhammadu Buhari goes ahead and slashes the 2016 budget of the Presidential Amnesty Office to N20bn (£65.6m) fromN68bn (£223m) as planned.

- See more at: http://nigerianwatch.com/news/8400-niger-delta-militants-warn-buhari-against-cutting-their-budget-or-militancy-will-return#sthash.yxGK5IBi.dpuf

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/191126-niger-delta-may-erupt-in-violence-again-international-group-warns.html

This may be one of the valid causes of the renewed distabilisation of the Oil industry

Do your research before you post you so called opinions... "smh"
Re: My Take/opinion On The Niger Delta Avengers Menace. by efficiencie(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2016
...but doesnt logic validate the scrapping of the Amnesty program? The ND people have always lamented that they want infrastructure, clean up of their land, social inclusion and participatory governance but an absurd government goes ahead to squander money on a few people who can weild AK 47s...Those monies should have gone towards building roads, schools, hospitals, recreational centres, research centres, plantations, land reclamation, development of new ports etc...Paying a few people money simply because they wield guns means if i can assemble a group of disgruntled elements, arm them and transport them to the Delta i can become a billionaire over night though i'm not a Niger Deltan or possibly even a Nigerian...We need to wake up!

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Thought Of Buhari Like This? / This Herod Has Refused To Die / Why People Now Call Gov. Okorocha 'okoroawusa'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.