Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,220 members, 7,900,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:36 AM

Save Oyo State Public Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Save Oyo State Public Schools (13774 Views)

Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) / PHOTO: Public Schools In Kano Flooded Days After First Heavy Downpour / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by popcykaylah(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2016
people wey dey born children like bedbugs are in for it..
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by milky3(f): 5:30pm On May 31, 2016
Oyo people will mot forget Gov Isiaka Ajimobi for d real CHANGE he deliver to his people
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by kabirjimoh(m): 5:42pm On May 31, 2016
tired of these imbeciles governors..the only things the less privilege are benefitting from..he can't be serious sha
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by chinchum(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2016
We need practical solutions, not the usual cliche of free education that Awolowo did some 50 years ago. What was the population of students in public primary and secondary schools then? How many state owned tertiary institutions were available then? If there was any? what was the population of such tertiary institutions?

I dont think he is selling the schools by the way, i feel he plans to divest a part of the responsibilities of the state to private hands, which i think if done in good faith will yield favourable results. Govt supervision of the human resources in public schools and even recruitment have failed and will always fail because of the 'i dont care attitude' of an average govt. worker to his/her job.

Politically correct ideas are not necessarily the solution to correct the rot in the system.

3 Likes

Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by InvestinOwerri(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha, Lwkmd! The south west states are the first to go bankrupt, from Oyo to Ekiti, Osun, Ogun & Ondo its the same tales of woes!! Only the no man's land called Lagos seems to be immune to the crises. No wonder why they cry, curse & threaten whenever people mention Bia**a. They cant survive on their own!!
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Primegold: 5:57pm On May 31, 2016
massinola:
mean why
Ahmeduana post=46146272:

MAIN WHILE!
, when you cook stew with fresh tomatoes

Just to set the records straight.. it's 'meanwhile'.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by mikolo80: 6:18pm On May 31, 2016
lolaed:
Gov. Daniel of Ogun returned schools to Missions and over 21,000 students dropped out of school, [/b]as their parents couldn't afford the N25,000 - N35,000 per term fee charged by new owners. [b]Gov. Amosun came, he listened to the yearnings of the downtrodden and in June, 2011, less than one month in office, his government took the schools back. He saved public schools and his people jubilated. Many entreaties were made to him by the the disgruntled Shylocks to allow them continue exploiting the people, he never caved-in. He remains on the side of the people. Ajise bi Oyo laari, Esin iwaju ni teyin wo sare. May God guide our govt. to toe the people's path.
are they getting quality education for free ?simple question
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 31, 2016
mikolo80:
are they getting quality education for free ?simple question

So they should get nothing instead and become almajiri and street thugs?

Aren't there other meabs of ensuring quality education?

Ask how it's done in Korea, Malaysia and other places where public Eduation have brought about a high level of literacy and technological advancement.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by mikolo80: 6:32pm On May 31, 2016
lolaed:

Ask how it's done in Korea, Malaysia and other places where public Eduation have brought about a high level of literacy and technological advancement.
they(or their parents) should be moved to farms and factories so we can earn enough to [ay for quality education for them.right now its as if they never went to school when eve teachers cannot read write or reason.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by mikolo80: 6:35pm On May 31, 2016
lolaed:

i don't know for sure but i believe korea and malaysia started somewhere not like us that our roofs and floors of schools have collapsed.no serious learning can take place in this our own kind of situation which is very very sad.we have our work cut out for us cos these our elders have put us in one chance
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Chirpo24: 6:39pm On May 31, 2016
You will notice that majority of those against the gov decision are muslims.its not that they really care about the masses rather they fear what return of christian mission schools will do to their religion considering the fact that most of these schools especially the good ones belong to the christian mission
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 31, 2016
mikolo80:
i don't know for sure but i believe korea and malaysia started somewhere not like us that our roofs and floors of schools have collapsed.no serious learning can take place in this our own kind of situation which is very very sad.we have our work cut out for us cos these our elders have put us in one chance

Aren't the likes of Ajimobi products of these schools?

Corruption is the bane of our development. Let's cut cost of governance and have a strong political will and see if the schools will not be sustained.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 31, 2016
mikolo80:
they(or their parents) should be moved to farms and factories so we can earn enough to [ay for quality education for them.right now its as if they never went to school when eve teachers cannot read write or reason.

You are not a considerate person and you obviously are highly uneducated. That you speak English doesn't translate to intelligence.
You are promoting Child slavery at this era? please be ashamed of yourself.
Do you even know what Millenium Development Goals are?
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 31, 2016
Chirpo24:
You will notice that majority of those against the gov decision are muslims.its not that they really care about the masses rather they fear what return of christian mission schools will do to their religion considering the fact that most of these schools especially the good ones belong to the christian mission

You are one of the problems of Nigeria.

Or are you just a fanatic? How many Christians can afford to attend privately owned Christian schools?
Do you think the missionaries will maintain a free education system or they will turn the schools to elitist ones for the rich?

What about the teachers that would be left unemployed? Are they all Muslims.

My own concern is for the promotion of Education.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2016
Ahmeduana:

MAIN WHILE!
It's meanwhile!
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by muller101(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2016
Oyo state making south wasste proud
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by mikolo80: 7:22pm On May 31, 2016
lolaed:

You are not a considerate person and you obviously are highly uneducated. That you speak English doesn't translate to intelligence.
You are promoting Child slavery at this era? please be ashamed of yourself.
Do you even know what Millenium Development Goals are?

no i am.
what i am not is unrealistic.
the whole naija budget no reach harvard own alone.
we have to sacrifice some for the greater good.
no matter how mean it sounds,it is the only way as a result of our elders lackadaisical attitude to leadership.
now we have to make some tough decisions.
is it not better to organise 1 week fish farming training that will feed them for life than quarter baked 6-3-3-4 that they will be roaming the streets not able to spell properly orwrit cv or simple application letter
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by mikolo80: 7:22pm On May 31, 2016
lolaed:

Aren't the likes of Ajimobi products of these schools?

Corruption is the bane of our development. Let's cut cost of governance and have a strong political will and see if the schools will not be sustained.
these schools not these teachers

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Montaque(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2016
A part of me likes this move by ajiimobi. Govt schs have been in a sorry state. Let individuals or corporate body come together and manage the sch. It will save us the little respect we have left.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Ademusiwa1: 8:36pm On May 31, 2016
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by delpee(f): 9:08pm On May 31, 2016
When former governor Tinubu handed over Igbobi College, St Greg's, Ansarudeen and some others back to the owners, it didn't affect free education in public schools. Rather standards improved because there is now room for competition. The government focused on fewer schoo!s and facilities have improved over time.

How does having so many schools churning out semi literates impact positively on society? Students that leave school with grades that take them nowhere. Check the WAEC results for Oyo state.

I had part of my secondary education in Ibadan in a girls school that has produced so many professionals and women of calibre and integrity in society. Today it's a total disgrace in terms of academic performance and morals. I've been there a few times and each time, I leave with a heavy heart. I do my bit but it's a drop in the ocean of needs.

If a few schools (government says a small percentage will be on PPP) are taken over and people see a clear improvement in student performance, I think it will be worth the effort.
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by zyzxx(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2016
Ajumobi want all the women in oyo state to naked themselves and curse him

he stop d road construction along ojoo to shasha road and apete also claiming d people did not vote for him

who then vote for u

that man need to feel heat from the masses of oyo state to prove that they are not a fool and he is not God

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by kunlesky: 9:54pm On May 31, 2016
Ahmeduana:
MAIN WHILE!
it is "meanwhile".
Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by Morayogba(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2016
It is a pity. I now understand why the Predecessors of Governor Ajimobi did not go for second term in office. This his second term is real mess. I think that, (for those who can understand these) "ti eniyan k'o ba le ja'we s'ori asewele, ko dara k'eniyan ko tun ko t'ori re. Ati wipe, orisa bo le gbemi ki ba dara k'o se mi bo se ba mi ni. Anyway, maybe, this is part of the "change" they were shouting before he was re-elected. If truly you are an Awoist reconsider what you are about to do about privatising the Public schools in Oyo state because Late Pa Awolowo, of blessed memory, would never think of this not to talk of implementing it. May God help Oyo state and Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo State Public Schools by ademusiwa5: 12:53am On Jun 01, 2016
[size=28pt]ohun ti o fi ile-iwe. yọ awọn agbegbe ijoba. O ba wo ni Ondo ti kọ orisirisi ile-, nitoriti nwọn yọ awọn agbegbe ijoba ..

agbegbe ijoba ko se ipa ipinle isuna. Ti o ba ya fun apẹẹrẹ woôn pẹlu N680 bilionu isuna. agbegbe ijoba se ni agba wipe isuna. Ṣugbọn ti o ba ti o ba ya fun apẹẹrẹ. Canada eyi ti lo awọn ẹgbẹ eto.
ipinle ile ijọ omo egbe le beere Inland lati wa si ipinle ile ti o ba ti won agbegbe ijoba opopona ti ko ba fix.

Ti o fi fun 9 agbegbe ijoba Secretariat ni 3 kọọkan ni senatorial agbegbe lati awọn ologun bi ifiweranṣẹ. ati awọn iyokù, ti o fi fun awon olopa lati lo bi awọn ifiweranṣẹ. nitori ijoba iwe le jẹ ilana nipa awon olopa / ologun.

Ọpọlọpọ awọn ologun ifiweranṣẹ maṣe ni pipaṣẹ post. ki o le lo o. Ti o ba de to 324 ologun pipaṣẹ post. ati 400 olopa kuro. eyikeyi agbegbe ijoba sunmo si awọn inu ilohunsoke ti awọn odò niger ati Benue bi a ibi bi agenebode, Jeôba, lokoja, mokwa titun bussa, makurdi, Yola, patani. bomadi, forcados, onitsha, idah, numan ati be be lo O fun wọn si awọn ọkọ.

Agbegbe ijoba ni olu ọkan si airforce, ati 1 si ogun, awọn iyokù si olopa.

Awọn ologun ni egbogi Kopu lati ya itoju ti awọn ti agbegbe ijoba iwosan. eyi ti won le lo fun iriri .. eniyan ni o wa sele, ki o ti o dara ju ti won ri diẹ ologun awọn ọkunrin ni aṣọ.

NYSC le jabo si awọn ologun.

yi ọmọkunrin ni odo. o jẹ gbogbo nipa wọn ile-iwe. ti awọn ọmọ ti wa ni ija fun Boko Haram.

awọn 20% soto si agbegbe ijoba le ti wa ni lo lati san jc / Atẹle ile-iwe olukọ ekunwo. Eyi ti o jẹ 3 million ifowo iroyin to bèbe, eyi ti a ni pipade si isalẹ. Eleyi mu ki gbogbo awọn bèbe ni titun 3 million iroyin titun.

gbogbo awọn olukọ ni jc ati Atẹle ile-iwe ni lati ṣii ifowo iroyin wipe ọna ijoba le beebe wọn ekunwo

Ti o ba wa nikan ni ẹgbẹ san, nitori awọn ariwa ati-õrùn ti yọ agbegbe ijoba. ki nwọn maṣe san owo ori to nigeria lori awọn agbegbe ijoba, nitori nwọn maṣe ni agbegbe ijoba. nipa yiyọ agbegbe ijoba, ti o yago fun san owo-ori to apapo[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission 2 Offa State College Of Health / EagleScan: Nigeria Unveils Plagiarism Detection Software / No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.