Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,096 members, 7,913,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:12 PM

Know The God You Serve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Know The God You Serve (1216 Views)

Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me'' / Tree Breaks, Falls On Man's Car: "When You Serve A Living God" / We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know The God You Serve by yommyuk: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2016
A Christian must be confident that the Lord is always near. In whatever you do, God’s fingerprints are all over it. Therefore, it is a must that we train our spiritual eyes to notice evidence of the heavenly Father’s presence in our life. This must not be a one-off, but a gradual and continual process.

To facilitate this spiritual process, the lifestyle has to change. Godliness and righteousness will catalyse our spiritual progression. In the sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew 5:8 ). Walking before the Lord with a clear conscience by taking captive unholy thoughts, habits, attitudes and words is the way to go. This will enable us to have spiritual clarity that sharpens our awareness of God’s presence and involvement in our life.

The evidence of God’s power is all over your life, if only you will endeavour to see it. Viewing the world with wide-open spiritual eyes changes one’s perspective. There is nothing new under the sun. May God continue to enable us to live in confidence with the knowledge that our God is a loving, omnipotent God, who dwells within us.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Revelation 22:11-12
Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.” “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Know The God You Serve by agadam(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2016
Thanks very much.....

1 Like

Re: Know The God You Serve by yommyuk: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2016
agadam:
Thanks very much.....

wink

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Speak In Tongues? / A Great Revelation On Tithing With Scriptural Backing. Take Time To Read / My Father Raped Me At Least 200 Times Says Joyce Meyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.