Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,156 members, 7,880,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension (755 Views)

FG To Begin Payment Of N5,000 To Unemployed Youths In 2017 / 'Why Always Remi Tinubu?' - Dino Melaye Takes Another Swipe At Tinubu's Wife / FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by saints2(f): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2016
Nigerians with follow follow are like twins. A reader saw these unemployed youths carrying banners at Eagle's Square junction in Abuja yesterday seeking employment. I hope they get the help they need.. Its well oo. I think someone predicted this scourge here the other day and here it is

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/06/unemployed-youths-seeking-employment.html

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Share

Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by saints2(f): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2016
Which way Naija, cant we be creative for once?

Seun, kindly check Nairaland please... We can't make new posts
Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by AjayiWrites: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lalasticlala, is this post not FP worthy? Let the people know the latest na
Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by chriskosherbal(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmm this is serious
Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by socialmediaman: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nigerians are creative and hard working people. If they had half the incentives and opportunities available in developed nations, they will go places, that's why they're envied in places they're found all over the world except in their home countries. Imagine that Nigerians are being employed into top companies in US, UK etc because of their ingenuity, people who would ordinarily unemployed in their home country.. Their strengths and wisdom are remarkable, they only need more opportunities lacking in Nigeria. Let's put more pressure on government to do more. How many social security and intervention program bills have our legislators passed since office? They're more worried about limiting the powers of CCT for their benefits, they're more worried about frivolities etc. let's come together and put pressure on them, all of them. The Buhari led government needs to do more for Nigerians, they need ingenious people who are creative and can deliver services to the people. They need to empower people to create wealth for themselves and employ others, not the 10billion/yr YouWin project, I'm Talking like investing 1 trillion a year empowering 100,000 businesses with 10 million each to create up to 2 million jobs. I'm talking about investing 300 billion training professionals abroad on Technology, Engineering, Agriculture technology, Business Revolution etc and investing in them to create jobs. We need more from our leaders and we must come together to Put that pressure on them.
Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by socialmediaman: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
saints2:
Which way Naija, cant we be creative for once?

Seun, kindly check Nairaland please... We can't make new posts

In developed nations, the government has provided everything, including electricity, water, good road network, communication etc, still they're fighting unemployment through intervention programs so that more people will have jobs and take care of themselves and generate more funds for government. In Nigeria, we have so few of these incentives, still, we blame people for the level of poverty and unemployment in the society. Many people have health limitations, many have psychological limitations, many have environmental limitations inhibiting their abilities to be entrepreneurs like Dangote etc, everyone will not be the entrepreneur, there are those meant to work for the entrepreneurs... stop discriminating less privileged people and put more pressure on government, That's the way forward. Very few people out of lots will succeed considering the great number of limitations in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by AjayiWrites: 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
socialmediaman:
Nigerians are creative and hard working people. If they had half the incentives and opportunities available in developed nations, they will go places, that's why they're envied in places they're found all over the world except in their home countries. Imagine that Nigerians are being employed into top companies in US, UK etc because of their ingenuity, people who would ordinarily unemployed in their home country.. Their strengths and wisdom are remarkable, they only need more opportunities lacking in Nigeria. Let's put more pressure on government to do more. How many social security and intervention program bills have our legislators passed since office? They're more worried about limiting the powers of CCT for their benefits, they're more worried about frivolities etc. let's come together and put pressure on them, all of them. The Buhari led government needs to do more for Nigerians, they need ingenious people who are creative and can deliver services to the people. They need to empower people to create wealth for themselves and employ others, not the 10billion/yr YouWin project, I'm Talking like investing 1 trillion a year empowering 100,000 businesses with 10 million each to create up to 2 million jobs. I'm talking about investing 300 billion training professionals abroad on Technology, Engineering, Agriculture technology, Business Revolution etc and investing in them to create jobs. We need more from our leaders and we must come together to Put that pressure on them.

Have you heard of creating opportunities even when opportunities didn't come? My gross with the youths is that we tend not to think outside the box, that A did something and made an headway doesn't mean its gonna work for you. What about the tenacity of a Nigerian, but we seem to have given in to blackmail and lazyness, when I finished from NYSC, jobs didn't come asap but I got doing something, and to God be the glory, what I am doing to put food on the table is not what I studied in school, not even close to it all, what of self discovery, must we blame govt for everything? We lay claim to develop countries like US, UK etc, have you ever read that the govt provide everything for them? yes we have our challenges, yes we have corruption to handle and a whole lot, but have you thought to making an headway using that moment, Ymodulus used to say, use your present condition to create an opportunity for yourself (emphasis and interpretation using mine)
Re: Unemployed Youths Seeking Employment Takes Another Dimension by socialmediaman: 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
AjayiWrites:

Have you heard of creating opportunities even when opportunities didn't come? My gross with the youths is that we tend not to think outside the box, that A did something and made an headway doesn't mean its gonna work for you. What about the tenacity of a Nigerian, but we seem to have given in to blackmail and lazyness, when I finished from NYSC, jobs didn't come asap but I got doing something, and to God be the glory, what I am doing to put food on the table is not what I studied in school, not even close to it all, what of self discovery, must we blame govt for everything? We lay claim to develop countries like US, UK etc, have you ever read that the govt provide everything for them? yes we have our challenges, yes we have corruption to handle and a whole lot, but have you thought to making an headway using that moment, Ymodulus used to say, use your present condition to create an opportunity for yourself (emphasis and interpretation using mine)

Many of you guys just don't get it. You're still blaming people for their challenges. Tell me, do you know the effect of malaria on productivity? How many people can afford good healthcare in Nigeria? How many people can stay fit to work hard continuously as you proposed? Do you think you're more clever than the developed nations who make healthcare a fundamental right of the people? Even with all the development, government still understands that without access to finance and other social intervention projects like social security, people like Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) and Larry Page (Google) etc will be highly limited from achieving the heights they did, While you sit here in Africa blaming people for not being like you. Get over this mentality my brother, many of these jobless Nigerians you see today have put their hands on many ventures which failed due to absense of funds, facilities and basic public utilities. In a community of unemployed persons, tell me, how many businesses will succeed if people can't buy? Job sites make money off unemployed people, giving them access to jobs etc, so tell me, will everyone succeed running websites for unemployed people if the beneficiaries of such sites are limited? Will everyone have the access to information like Linda Ikeji? Do you know how many thousand blogs closed down who started even before Linda Ikeji? No matter how creative you are, many people have their potential millionaire projects dusting away, there are few opportunities and the government needs to do more...

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw History (from Ijawnation Yahoogroups Archive - By Mr. Benaebi B. IPA, UK.) / . / This Is What God Promised My Presidency!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.