Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,852 members, 7,872,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed (47966 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / 3 Simple Businesses Mothers Can Do From Home To Make A Consistent Monthly Income / I Know 20 Businesses You Can Start With 100k – Boda Lanre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by shugaboy6102(m): 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sport betting?? But pls don't rely on it b4 it wrecks you but it has helped many though.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
kkkkk
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Litmus: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you're in Nigeria try making lampshades. They're simple to create and sort after. Something made out of wrapper material, raffia bamboo could be good.

See how simple the one below is and yet sells well

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by UnimkeAk(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
nmreports:
I like to make my threads as simple as possible.

Goal:
To enlighten us about businesses or entrepreneurial adventure anyone can embark in should you just lost your job or are unemployed.

Why:
There has been a massive downsize in the staff strength of most corporate organization's lately as a result of the economic challenges that the nation is facing. These are folks with kids, dependents amongst others.

List of businesses:
1) Food business. This could be segmented into retailing at shops to food packaging inside packs or cooked meal for corporate organization's who do not have restaurants near then or do not have the time to leave their work stations most times. Banks are an example.

2) Tech. This include blogging (requires very little capital) to numerous online businesses that one could do. What's important in tech business is to solve a problem. For example, "callashoemaker.com" and something like "tailor.com". I think I have just given out ideas free of charge.

3) Develop a skill. This is one of the thing anyone can do and feed on for the most part of one's life. Even when business is not growing, there is no cash and things are not moving in the direction you want, your skill will still put food on the table. For example, artists, fashion designers, hair manager (You know), shoe designer etc.

4) Consulting. Most people have a skill which others do not have and for some reason we do not maximizer it's use. Though you may need to register a business and be under a tutelage of a mentor, it is still something that is very doable. If you can write, you can sing (voice trainer), you are a body builder, or you can train people... why don't you consult for people who require this skills.

5) Networking. Though I am not a fan of this, I think I heard it's very profitable too if you are a natural born sales person.

6) Real estate. Donald Trump is someone in this field. He built his business from the scratch as a real estate person and he is today one of the richest folks in the USA.
The real estate business is at an all time high as that seems to be the most secure way of "rooting" your assets. Some of the things you can do as a real estate agent is land or house sales. Leasing or letting. Consult as a real estate professional or even provide skilled surveyors and engineers for those who need them.

7) Sale of fashion products. We are becoming very enlightened fashion wise and people spend a fortune to look good. This is also a business one can do provided you have a market for those who need a constant supply of your wears.
You can also open up stores on Konga, Jumia and the likes and yes! The returns are not bad at all. I can testify to that.

Nairalanders, these are tough times. What are you doing to hold body and soul together. What business ideas do you think are lucrative and some of us could do.
What ideas do you have? Kindly continue the list in the comments section below and let's alleviate poverty in the little way we can.

Great.
Funding is a major challenge.

Donald trump inherited billions of dollars from his Dad.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Litmus: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Oh, it just occurred to me you people don't have light in Nigeria.

You could export... lipsrsealed
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Hwy95: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
I have to address this mis-information :

6[b]) Real estate. Donald Trump is someone in this field. He built his business from the scratch as a real estate person and he is today one of the richest folks in the US[/b]A.

Trump inherited his real estate business from his father who was already a millionaire. He had access to his father's bankers, politicians, lines of credit and connections to increase the existing real estate empire.
Unlike his father who was a quiet humble man, Trump made a lot of noise and became well known.
Trump did well to increase his father's empire and not waste, destroy or aimlessly spend all the wealth.
Trump consistently exaggerates about his wealth.
FYI : There are more powerful, richer real-estate moguls in NYC & USA than Trump and have never filed Chapter 11.
Mr. Lefrak comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Booty4me: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Wire wire

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by SirHenry105(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
SUREBET, BET9JA.COM...... jux saying in case others fail.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by gurujoe(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
My list
1) Okada hire purchase, let say you bought new bajaj boxer @ #150k & then give out for #250k within 6 months. He will remitting appr.#1500 everyday
2) Taxi, here you buy new tokubo golf3 #650k from cotonuo and drive for yourself while you are still looking for your dream job simultaneously. You will making not less than#4000 everyday.
3)keke, new keke bajaj let say #450 and give at hire purchase #750k within 8months. Remit #3000 daily
4) poultry farming
5) laundry business
6)saloon
Note:Give hire purchase to somebody who you trust, somebody who knows how to ride and maintain it.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by kingphilip(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Peacetemi:
Op you forgot BabyMama business. It's a very profitable business that requires no capital.

*Modified*
king philip has been begging for likes all day on all FP threads. I'm begining to suspect him o.
how this your report now take give you afternoon food chop

Face front abeg I no beg you na better people like I de look for

Abi dem don de use like do jazz

1 Like

Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Peacetemi: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
kingphilip:
how this your report now take give you afternoon food chop

Face front abeg I no beg you na better people like I de look for

Abi dem don de use like do jazz
haahaaahaaa you took it personal. I was just making an observation nigga. Abi you fit show me any provocative statement for my post?? Learn to be calm. Very calm.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Teacup: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op please how can one start a consulting business. I will prefer human resources management sector
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by kingphilip(m): 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Peacetemi:
haahaaahaaa you took it personal. I was just making an observation nigga. Abi you fit show me any provocative statement for my post?? Learn to be calm. Very calm.
na wetin joblessness fit cause

Which kine work you feel say I fit go do
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Peacetemi: 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
kingphilip:
na wetin joblessness fit cause

Which kine work you feel say I fit go do
are you a graduate or still a student??
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Donnet14: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
As for me, I just dug an earthen pond that can contain about 500 fingerlings to maturity, everyday I watch my money grow hoping that one day I will harvest
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Donnet14: 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
As for me, I just dug an earthen pond that can contain about 500 fingerlings to maturity, everyday I watch my money grow hoping that one day I will harvest. I will attach a pix later for observation, correction,encouragement. Thanks.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by nmreports: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
Teacup:
Op please how can one start a consulting business. I will prefer human resources management sector

You can start by registering with CIPM.
I suppose you have ACIPM already or some other valid HR professional certification.
What do you think?
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by nmreports: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hwy95:
I have to address this mis-information :

6[b]) Real estate. Donald Trump is someone in this field. He built his business from the scratch as a real estate person and he is today one of the richest folks in the US[/b]A.

Trump inherited his real estate business from his father who was already a millionaire. He had access to his father's bankers, politicians, lines of credit and connections to increase the existing real estate empire.
Unlike his father who was a quiet humble man, Trump made a lot of noise and became well known.
Trump did well to increase his father's empire and not waste, destroy or aimlessly spend all the wealth.
Trump consistently exaggerates about his wealth.
FYI : There are more powerful, richer real-estate moguls in NYC & USA than Trump and have never filed Chapter 11.
Mr. Lefrak comes to mind.

It's good we have people like you here to clarify things.
Can you at least also contribute to the purpose of the thread please.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Exxit(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
nmreports:

Goal:
To enlighten us about businesses or entrepreneurial adventure anyone can embark in should you just lost your job or are unemployed.

Why:
There has been a massive downsize in the staff strength of most corporate organization's lately as a result of the economic challenges that the nation is facing. These are folks with kids, dependents amongst others.

List of businesses:
1) Food business. This could be segmented into retailing at shops to food packaging inside packs or cooked meal for corporate organization's who do not have restaurants near then or do not have the time to leave their work stations most times. Banks are an example.

2) Tech. This include blogging (requires very little capital) to numerous online businesses that one could do. What's important in tech business is to solve a problem. For example, "callashoemaker.com" and something like "tailor.com". I think I have just given out ideas free of charge.

3) Develop a skill. This is one of the thing anyone can do and feed on for the most part of one's life. Even when business is not growing, there is no cash and things are not moving in the direction you want, your skill will still put food on the table. For example, artists, fashion designers, hair manager (You know), shoe designer etc.

4) Consulting. Most people have a skill which others do not have and for some reason we do not maximizer it's use. Though you may need to register a business and be under a tutelage of a mentor, it is still something that is very doable. If you can write, you can sing (voice trainer), you are a body builder, or you can train people... why don't you consult for people who require this skills.

5) Networking. Though I am not a fan of this, I think I heard it's very profitable too if you are a natural born sales person.

6) Real estate. Donald Trump is someone in this field. He built his business from the scratch as a real estate person and he is today one of the richest folks in the USA.
The real estate business is at an all time high as that seems to be the most secure way of "rooting" your assets. Some of the things you can do as a real estate agent is land or house sales. Leasing or letting. Consult as a real estate professional or even provide skilled surveyors and engineers for those who need them.

7) Sale of fashion products. We are becoming very enlightened fashion wise and people spend a fortune to look good. This is also a business one can do provided you have a market for those who need a constant supply of your wears.
You can also open up stores on Konga, Jumia and the likes and yes! The returns are not bad at all. I can testify to that.

Nairalanders, these are tough times. What are you doing to hold body and soul together. What business ideas do you think are lucrative and some of us could do.
What ideas do you have? Kindly continue the list in the comments section below and let's alleviate poverty in the little way we can.

dude Donald trump father was a billionaire who gave him a loan of $1m when he was 18. So don't say he started from scratch
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by nmreports: 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Exxit:
dude Donald trump father was a billionaire who gave him a loan of $1m when he was 18. So don't say he started from scratch

Is business all about the money.
Building a business from scratch can be relative but thanks

How about you also contribute to the purpose of the thread.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by ukipet1: 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
good thinking!
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by copjtels: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Please I have over 4 trips of kanel shells at obingwa Abia state looking for buyers localy or internationaly can also provide any quantity. what'sapp me on 08038822831
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by kingphilip(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Peacetemi:
are you a graduate or still a student??
a graduate
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Peacetemi: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
kingphilip:
a graduate

haha how can you now say you're jobless??
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by thaoriginator: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
nmreports:

Goal:

Why:

List of businesses:

nice jobs
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
I think i want to go into real estate
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by TheBestManKnow(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
You can get enough capital for you business idea quickly and easily. Check this out www.growingcircle.
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
nmreports:

Goal:

Why:

List of businesses:

The blogging, assuming all it takes to start are on ground, how soon can it start bringing in money that you can feed on from there?
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by OscaZee: 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
theEYe21:
8.) Heist

Oshi
Re: List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed by OscaZee: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
theEYe21:
8.) Heist

Criminal mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Escoba Smith Flaunts His Lavish Mansion, Writes Interesting Note / Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio / Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.