Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,488 members, 7,968,346 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:36 AM

Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? (7233 Views)

Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues / Co-habitation / Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by sirt1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Poster,

Co-cohabiting is not good in all facet. It is against God's wish. Aside from that, moraly, it is not an ideal thing to engage in. It deprives the parties especially the lady ur dignity.

But I noticed one thing from the responses of nlanders------we are all liars. People are speaking against premarital sex as if they are not engaging themselves in such act. Does it means all Nlanders are virgins? Stop deceiving urselves. 90% of nlanders engaged in pre-marital sex. I can boldly call them active fornicators------- may God have mercy on us
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by GEW: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2009
sir t:

@ Poster,

Co-cohabiting is not good in all facet. It is against God's wish. Aside from that, moraly, it is not an ideal thing to engage in. It deprives the parties especially the lady your dignity.

But I noticed one thing from the responses of nlanders------we are all liars. People are speaking against premarital sex as if they are not engaging themselves in such act. Does it means all Nlanders are virgins? Stop deceiving urselves. 90% of nlanders engaged in pre-marital sex. I can boldly call them active fornicators------- may God have mercy on us
trust nigerians to lie through their teeth
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Poster

Don't allow any man to deceive you into going into cohabitation. If you fall in with that then it would lead to the eventual degradation, devaluation, and humiliation of you as a woman.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by TheSeeker(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
I'll send my sister to jail if she tries it. angry angry
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by vikiviko(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
Most people have 'camped' babes at one time or the other.

But was fun then, part of growing up.

What is bad is bad, it is bad because it affords enuff ,
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by unclebros: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
Co-Habi what

Ole aji bole, (thief)!!!!!

Co-habit and get dumped!!!

Check out the statistics of cohabitation turning into solemnization, 1 out of 1,000,000,000,0000,00000
ITS WRONG!!!
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Secretz(f): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
Gosh! Who gives a hoooot! The only reason I would not co-habit with any one is because I do not want any dude invading my precious space and all the things I have worked hard for to be tampered with. Its not WRONG and it's not RIGHT. It's up to you. People are talking on here as if GOD is gonna punish you and send you to hell if you do and im sure these very people have sexual relations even though they are not co-habiting. Or you think GOD can't see that? mscheewwww!

The main problem that women especially are likely to encounter with co-habiting is that the man is less likely to propose to you as if he would feel as though he is already married, so why bother. lipsrsealed
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by platinumnk(f): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
^^Secretz long time o. How u dey smiley
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Secretz(f): 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
platinumnk:

^^Secretz long time o. How u dey smiley

Hey sweety, I dey ohhh. I been in naija for 6 weeks. . . just got back some days ago . . . . Hope ur ok sha? (No mek us derail thread ohhh)
I hope you're not co-habiting? tongue
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by platinumnk(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2009
^^ wow 6 weeks, I jealous u oh~!! I know u came home with fine husband for me o. grin No Co- Habitation for me, man must marry me abeg!! grin grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by simplysmat(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2009
If anything, the sex is good.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Banderas(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2009
I don't even believe it's against the will of God. Maybe it's against ancient jewish history. Cohabitation is neither here nor there - it works for some people and it doesn't for others.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by dwumah(m): 3:12am On Aug 26, 2009
co-habitation is synonymous to fornication and God strictly warns us against it.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Banderas(m): 7:54am On Aug 26, 2009
Bollocks. God warns against ADULTERY.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by SmashingM(f): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2009
Cohabitation is not the best for me. Why i say so is because if eventually, it does not work out, there will too much bad blood between the two. If a man says he prefers to try things out first before marriage what if it does not end in marriage? will all the blame go to the woman? who decides if things are working or not? What is the scale for measurement? I think we should just go straight to courtship and decide after that without hurting someone's feelings or lowering one's self esteem.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by whitelexi(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2009
Cant be that bad, i mean its bad if ur not married yet but it has some advantages too. Its good for getting rid of girls always calling u, just have her answer the land line at all times of the day and in weeks, you'll have some peace grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by smooooooth: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
co-habitation is very very very bad. its degrading and demeaning. and most times the woman is at the loosing end. 98% of times it doesnt lead to marriage. its alwasy better for a lady to have her dignity in place in a relationship.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by otukpo(f): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
IT IS VERY BAD
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by kokoA(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
For me case closed since it has been confirmed that "sleep overs" is different from cohabitation grin I hate cohabitation but I love sleep overs grin grin grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Banderas(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
If you can't handle it, don't do it. Simple.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by nnemak(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2009
You can co-habit o provided its purely with the same sex and just on friendly term like schooling etc,

But for BF/GF and intending couple,
make una go marry even if na court alone, Osho free no too good o, grin grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Sweetdoct247(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ever stayed in an area where u av people co habiting? What people say about them is enough to let u know the society does not accept it no matter how open minded u re and most parents dont even support it. Well personally I dont support it not even weekends. Sleep overs? Not in my own personal house where I live alone except it's inevitable and that means no hotels around. Yes that's me! smiley
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Donvilo(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Topic. Yes! very bad. sad
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Borat1: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
hmm. co-habitation!
what a nice biology sounding word,
On the other hand, why dont you use f*cking around like rabbits or fornicating,
thats closer.
Is fornication really that bad? grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by na2day2(m): 5:56am On Aug 27, 2009
@ OP

christianity apart, the fact that a guy wants to price wahala b4 his time is a total no no, the girl monitors everything u do from hence forth, me i can't fit abeg, if i am want to be told what to do, i will go and get married. I can stand living with a female in the same house, separate rooms as roommate or relatives but in the same room not married, i am not ready to die
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by unitee(f): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2009
na2day?:

@ OP

christianity apart, the fact that a guy wants to price wahala b4 his time is a total no no, the girl monitors everything u do from hence forth, me i can't fit abeg, if i am want to be told what to do, i will go and get married. I can stand living with a female in the same house, separate rooms as roommate or relatives but in the same room not married, i am not ready to die

yoh I am smiling now
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by ammamat(f): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2009
Myth #Three:
"Living Together Before Marriage Increases Your Chances of Having a Happy Marriage Later."
You "test drive a car" before you buy it, so why not do the same with your lifelong relationships. Another one that is heard often is "you try on a pair of shoes to see if they fit before you buy them, why not your spouse." Someone has said, when you test drive a car you don't pack your personal luggage in the trunk or when you try on a pair of new shoes you don't want everyone else's foot odor and fungus already in them. You can throw away shoes without hurting anyone, but you can't throw away a person without hurting them and possibly others. The great paradox is that research indicates just the opposite of this conventional 'wisdom'. Numerous studies (see "Reasons" below) have shown that couples who have lived together before marriage are more likely to disagree on things like recreation, household chores and finances and are more likely to seek counseling than couples who do not cohabit. The scriptures tell us to "flee fornication" (1 Cor. 6:18), and to "flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness" (2 Tim. 2:22). In other words, avoid all sexual looseness like the plague. The rate of divorce skyrocketing in the last three decades during the same period as the rise of "living together" is proof enough that "trial marriages" are a failure.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Banderas(m): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2009
if you don't test drive, you might want a porsche and end up with a sharp 1975 beetle. There's people's private habits and personal hygene. There's also sexual compatibility to consider.

If you live in a culture where people don't divorce (because society frowns on it, not because they don't want to), then you're cool. I know many people in Naija who are locked in unhappy marriages, and so spend all their time at work, and at clubs and bars in order to avoid going home.

Here are the facts: Love doesn't last forever. Sex isn't always good. Some men/women are extremely untidy/dirty. And for my christian brothers/sisters, it IS possible to be unequaly yoked with a believer.

This lady keeps quoting the cohabitation opinions without doing her research. In the western world, people who cohabitate also share other things - expenses, and very often the mortgage for their house. That article explained that those people tended to get married more because they were tied together financially than because they were in love. Quoting an incomplete article is baseless. Reacting to a phenomenom without knowing the cause is unwise.
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:54am On Aug 27, 2009
Banderas:

if you don't test drive, you might want a porsche and end up with a sharp 1975 beetle. There's people's private habits and personal hygene. There's also sexual compatibility to consider.

If you live in a culture where people don't divorce (because society frowns on it, not because they don't want to), then you're cool. I know many people in Naija who are locked in unhappy marriages, and so spend all their time at work, and at clubs and bars in order to avoid going home.

Here are the facts: Love doesn't last forever. Sex isn't always good. Some men/women are extremely untidy/dirty. And for my christian brothers/sisters, it IS possible to be unequaly yoked with a believer.

This lady keeps quoting the cohabitation opinions without doing her research. In the western world, people who cohabitate also share other things - expenses, and very often the mortgage for their house. That article explained that those people tended to get married more because they were tied together financially than because they were in love. Quoting an incomplete article is baseless. Reacting to a phenomenom without knowing the cause is unwise.
No mind all this people who live fairy tale lives, truth of the matter is that so many of these text book christian marriages are rarely ever happy. Even with secular couples you can rarely ever find those that are comfortable with fully expressing what they want sexually, so what is brother virgin has been dreaming of rough riding and doggying sister virgin and sister virgin thinks sex is for when dem want pikin only wetin go come happen?
Or what is sister virgin secretly likes to scream yes f**k me f**k me and brother virgin thinks that is whorish?
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Banderas(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2009
hahah. Thank you my man Chris. The bible knows what it's saying when it tells you "the children of this world are wiser than the children of the kingdom". People refuse to think, refuse to apply the spirit of the scripture.

ALL guys want a woman who is a lady outside, but a freak in bed. But they marry the lady without the freak and spend the rest of their lives frustrated. Or they leave madam (who has neglected her weight, and now appears to share genes with an elephant) and go and start "running things" outside the house.

Or even when they don't want to run things the young delectable girls in town quickly sense an opportunity and move in.
Then you go to church and complain about how "the devil stole your husband"
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Secretz(f): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2009
Banderas:

hahah. Thank you my man Chris. The bible knows what it's saying when it tells you "the children of this world are wiser than the children of the kingdom". People refuse to think, refuse to apply the spirit of the scripture.

ALL guys want a woman who is a lady outside, but a freak in bed. But they marry the lady without the freak and spend the rest of their lives frustrated. Or they leave madam (who has neglected her weight, and now appears to share genes with an elephant) and go and start "running things" outside the house.

Or even when they don't want to run things the young delectable girls in town quickly sense an opportunity and move in.

You sabi correct. No mind some of these hypocritical Idealists! grin
Re: Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2009
Banderas:

Abeg na you sabi pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Are You Convinced By A Man's Tears? / Help! The Women In My Compound Always Come To Show Me Their N*ked Bodies / When a Calabar Babe Visits U (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.