Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:04 PM

Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue (652 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Raises Hands In Court After His Bail Hearing Was Adjourned. / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by iflywithbuhari(f): 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
A prosecutor at the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Wednesday told SaharaReporters that contrary to rumors in the media the corruption trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki had not been adjourned "indefinitely" are completely untrue.
The source who didn't want to be named said the reason trial could not come up today was due to a conflict in another trial involving the former governor of Jigawa, Sule Lamido beforeJustice Ademola Adeniji at the Federal High Court in Abuja. He also stated that a second member of the tribunal called in sick making it impossible to get a new date yet.The source said the witness for the prosecution, Michael Wetkas, was giving witness in the Lamido case over two days in the trial that commenced yesterday against the former governor. Another case is also scheduled for the Court of Appeal in Abuja tomorrow involving the prosecution team against Saraki as the Court did not sit yesterdaydue to lack of quorum."We are looking at commencing trial again next week as soon as the second member of the tribunal could be reached to give us a new date", the source said.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/01/sarakis-case-not-adjourned-indefinitely-prosecutor-says-case-will-likely-come-next-week
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by HungerBAD: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Confused which News to believe.

Let me call Saraki to confirm.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by VocalWalls: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
I'm officially confused.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by chriskosherbal(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Please give us the real information.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by shobroy10(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Saraki hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm na only God go judge ur matter

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
This Saraki trial would lead no where.Shebi it's next week,God willing we shall be alive next week.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by omenka(m): 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

There's no confusion here. The other headline was just unnecessarily sensational. That a date for "re-arraignment" wasn't announced doesn't mean it has been adjourned "indefinitely".
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by cktheluckyman: 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
omenka:
There's no confusion here. The other headline was just unnecessarily sensational. That a date for "re-arraignment" wasn't announced doesn't mean it has been adjourned "indefinitely".

I suppose you and sahara reporters should go and check the meaning of the word indefinitely!! That a date was not announced simply means it is was adjourned indefinitely.This is simple english

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by modath(f): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I suppose you and sahara reporters should go and check the meaning of the word indefinitely!! That a date was not announced simply means it is was adjourned indefinitely.This is simple english

I'm holding this as evidence...

*incase the internet "misplaces" it* wink

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by omenka(m): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Seen.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by omowolewa: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
I would have said wake me up when Daanladi delivers judgement but trust Nairalanders comments.

The case would end 'Olubunmi-Etteh' way
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by Firefire(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

Please just tell him to return at least 89% of the loots, to save us stress and further litigation.

Thank you.

APC, Party of professional looters and career rogues.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by 989900: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Media houses just like to sensationalize everything.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by kenny987(f): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Next week is right around the corner. We'll hear the narrative then. Sick government I swear.
Re: Saraki's Case Not Adjourned Indefinitely, Prosecutor Says Case Will continue by HungerBAD: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
omenka:

Okay thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: We Shall Launch Six Missiles In Nigeria / FG Releases Interim Report On Financial, Assets Recoveries / Who Is The Best President So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.