Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,174 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:51 PM

One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari (617 Views)

Presidency Lists 17 Major Achievements Of Buhari In 2017 / Campaign Poster And Achievements Of Governor Ortom 2019 (Pictured) / Ben Bruce Reacts Bashir Ahmad's Listed Achievements Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by ashson: 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
ONE YEAR IN OFFICE: 40 Known Achievements of President Buhari...
1) Relocation of Military command centre to Maiduguri which contributed to the large defeat of Boko Haram.
2) Buhari has rescued a total number of 11,595 captives of Boko Haram.
3) The military under Buhari has regained all Nigerian territories that was under Boko Haram. Economic activities have been restored with people now living a normal life.
4) Coordinated regional efforts to set-up an 8,500 strong multi-national task force against insurgency and other security threats.
5) Provided 21 Million dollars to the regional task force.
6) Coordinated international support against terrorism by mobilising the support of G7 countries. He achieved from them intelligence sharing, military training, arms deals and donations.
7) Achieved a 5 million dollars support from the US as support for the fight against terrorism.
cool Achieved a 40 million dollars donation by the US for the rehabilitation of the North-East.
9) Recruitment of additional 10,000 persons into the Nigerian Police Force.
10) Restored Nigeria's military allies with the US and Israel resulting in their commitment to sell us weapons and support our security needs.
11) Introduced the Motor Cycle Battalion to enable the military travel to areas not accessible by cars and trucks.
12) Achieved many bilateral and multi-lateral agreements with foreign nations and restored Nigeria's battered image. Our foreign policies have been strengthened as a result.
13) Achieved a donation of 24 Mine-Resistant Vehicles by the US.
14) Overhauled NIMASA and removed military contracts from the hands of militants.
15) Improved fight against bunkering. The Navy has apprehended many vessels used by oil thieves and improved security on our waterways.
16) Deployment of sophisticated weapons to contain vandalism, and setting up pipeline security force.
17) Improving the technical capacity of the Police force. We now have a forensic lab, GSM tracking devise, etc.
18) Recovered stolen funds from previous administrations.
19) Constituted an Advisory Committee on War against corruption, which has strengthened the government to explore existing laws in the prosecution of criminals in ways not previously known.
20) Entered into bilateral and multi-lateral agreements with many countries, including UAE, Switzerland, on extradition, transfer of sentenced persons, restitution of illegally acquired assets, and mutual legal assistance on criminal matters.
21) Recovered 7 billion naira from indicted companies and individuals in the ongoing arms deal probe.
22) Implementation of the Single Treasury Account to provide transparency in the monitoring of funds. Over 3 trillion naira is now at the disposal of the government.
23) Blocking of leakages in ministries, departments, and agencies.
24) Restored transparency in the funding mechanism of NNPC.
25) Cancelled the fraudulent oil-swap deals that has cost the country billions of dollars.
26) Disbursed N689.5 Billion naira to bail out 27 indebted states, which has helped them to pay a backlog of salaries and stabilise the economy.
27) Expunge the records of 42,000 ghost workers from the civil service, saving over N2.29 Billion monthly.
30) Reorganised and restructured the NNPC into a focused, accountable, transparent institution with autonomous units.
31) Reduction of operational deficit by 50% in the NNPC.
32) Resuscitated the Kaduna, Port Harcourt, and Warri refineries leading to a production of 7 million litres of petrol per day.
33) Removal of fuel subsidy, and liberalisation of the market to ensure greater play of market forces. This move marked a revolution against fuel scarcity.
34) Signed a $237 million agreement with world bank to improve power supply.
35) Signed agreement with Chinese Solar Power Manufacturers to set-up a Solar Panel manufacturing business in Nigeria. He then entered into agreement to diversify our foreign reserves using the currency deal with China.
36) Approved the implementation of UNEP Report on Ogoniland.
37) Effective Management of the Separatist Biafran
Movement which could've resulted in major crises for the country if not managed properly.
38) Reduced and restructured the number of federal ministries to reduce cost of governance.
39) Strongly supported the emergence of a Nigerian, Dr Akinwumi Adesina, as President of the Africa Development Bank, who have now carried out many projects in the country.
40) Achieved over 140 convictions in the war against corruption, with several high profile cases still in court.
Re: One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by ashson: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
President Buhari is one Year in Office

When I voted for Muhammadu Buhari during the 2015 elections, I wasn't expecting a miracle. I wasn't expecting that all our aged-long problems would disappear within a year or two.

I simply wanted an honest President; a committed and sincere president. A president I can trust with my life and those of other Nigerians.

I wasn't looking for someone who had solutions to all our problems, but a president who was determined, who was ready to sacrifice anything and everything to find solutions for all our problems.

As I watched Mr. President delivered his address this morning, I felt assured; reassured that I found that President in Muhammadu Buhari.

But I also felt ashamed, so ashamed. Ashamed that Muhammadu Buhari, a 74 year old accomplished gentleman, is sacrificing his health for mine. He's sacrificing his comfort for mine. He's sacrificing his today for my tomorrow. His everything for my something.

With a heavy heart, I extend my apology sir. I'm so sorry sir. That at this moment of your life, when you should be at the comfort of your retirement, we had to forcefully pull you out to come and solve the problems we created for ourselves.

Dear God! Bless our President; our true Baba, with the health, the wisdom, the strength and the courage to successfully discharge the great responsibilities you placed on his shoulders

Happy Democracy!!!
Re: One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by shobroy10(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ok
Re: One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmm I see
Re: One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by kingsangoda: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
It is obvious u don't know what achievement is all about. Propaganda
Re: One Year In Office: 40 Known Achievements Of President Buhari by ashson: 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
kingsangoda:
It is obvious u don't know what achievement is all about. Propaganda

Define Achievement for us then...

(1) (Reply)

P. Muhammad Buhari Is More Corrupt Than The Treasury Looters / The Niger Delta Avengers, Threat To Peace, & The...----badiru Kehinde / PHOTOS: Fashola, Lai Muhammed, Amina Mohammed At A Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.