Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,894 members, 7,952,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (66970 Views)

Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment / Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete / Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
wristbangle:

At the Bolded, makes sense.

At the cancelled, thrash. Always learn to appreciate something no matter how little it maybe.

The hatred looming in some people's mind about this development from the current government soars their heart but then what can we say when the lagos-calabar rail kicks off?
*Dies*

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by gretblue: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:
He started the cleanup with a paltry $10m while $5bn was donated to rebuild North East
Buhari also urgently needs to clean up your brain tomorrow so it could be re set back to God made brain.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by mandax: 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
PMB Paying for the Sins he and Abacha Committed in Ogoni when they hanged Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8.

Buhari was Abacha's right-hand man during the Abacha brutal regime.

Buhari must have given consent to the travails and hanging of Wiwa and the Ogoni 8.

Wiwa and his people merely yearned for oil companies to be environment-friendly.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by 1miccza: 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chai!!!Walahi when i grow up and become president,i will make this woman a minister..
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by 1miccza: 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chai!!!Walahi when i grow up and become president,i will make this minister of environment woman a minister again.. She knows her onions
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by mandax: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

The clean up is a continuous process that will last 30 years..

Do you know that the North East is a whole region not a community?

How much does the Northeast bring to the coffers of Nigeria? Northeast with their Boko Haram made Jonathan government sink billions of Dollars of oil money fighting the Northeast Boko Haram.

Ogoni yields lots and lots of dollars per second per second to Nigeria's coffers.

If Nigeria were to be a true country, Ogoni land and rest of Niger delta must have developed as much as Dubai or more.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by gretblue: 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
mandax:
PMB Paying for the Sins he and Abacha Committed in Ogoni when they hanged Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8.

Buhari must have given consent to the travails and hanging of Wiwa and the Ogoni 8.

Wiwa and his people merely yearned for oil companies to be environment-friendly.
And what did your hero do to right the wrong while he was in power for 6yrs?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by gretblue: 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
mandax:

And what did your hero who is a Saro Wiwa kinsman do to right the wrong while he was in power for 6yrs?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by tbaba1234: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
mandax:

How much does the Northeast bring to the coffers of Nigeria? Northeast with their Boko Haram made Jonathan government sink billions of Dollars of oil money fighting the Northeast Boko Haram.

Ogoni yields lots and lots of dollars per second per second to Nigeria's coffers.

If Nigeria were to be a true country, Ogoni land and rest of Niger delta must have developed as much as Dubai or more.

The security chiefs under Jonathan are all under trial for wasting security funds.

At least for the first time, someone is cleaning the place. Jonathan, a Niger Deltan did not do it.

It will not become Dubai by blowing up pipelines and polluting the land more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by teadrake(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
todayboy:
Buhari give a Fulani man contract to clean ogoni land
What's the benefit of the useless clean they dredging the water for bigger ships to pass
That's not clean up
What's this one saying?
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by HeGeMon(m): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
I thot some group threatened, they will kill a certain sitting president tomorrow? , its barely less than 12 hrs to the dawn of events.. Let's see how it happens tomorrow, reminds me of some event sometime in 66'

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by tobiit(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
is it not just pathetic that we had a president that hailed from this region for about 6 years and could not execute this Ogoni clean up project. Something the likes of KEN SAROWIWA died for. And yet it takes a president from Northern region to do this.

Woe unto you N/Deltan for you are untruthful and unfaithful to yourselves.
Don't let the self acclaimed heroes (Niger Deltan Avenger NDA) deceives you, they fight for their pay masters (some politician whose aims are to destroy PMB's government) and their pockets. The same way Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and the Ateke's deceives you. Now this guys are billionaires and millionaires. They have abandoned the struggle. Now, the question you all need to ask yourselves is - who are they all fighting for?

It always pained me to know that our then president GEJ did not take advantage of the moment when he was GCFR of the country. He wasted and lavished the opportunity to upgrade this region. A region that have face so much neglect for too long a time.

I weep for N/Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by wristbangle: 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

Na wa oo!
I never knew d meanin of HATRED & PAINMENT until I saw dis pile of poop.

Hehehe, are u just knowing this? The hatred of some people is worse than that of the devil.

Honestly reading some comments here shows th wayward thinking of some people. This thread deserves to be locked with immediately effect. Just imagine the rubbish spewing out from their mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by bologiabdul(m): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
@richidinho the son of soil was there for six years without thiiof it so appropriate the effort no matter how small

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by rusher14: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
seunny4lif:
Abeg ooooh my people
Wetin dem won use carry clean am??
OMO abi Jiki shocked shocked shocked

Make una no abuse me oooh grin grin grin

Booms for isolating an area of concentration.

Skimmers and weirs separate floating oil particles.

Sorbents - used for mopping up. They absorb like sponge.

Please read up, booms, skimmers and weirs.

Also read up sorbents and bioremediation.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by seunny4lif(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
grin angry
Ok sir but I no understand oooooh
rusher14:

Booms for isolating an area of concentration.

Skimmers and weirs separate floating oil particles.

Sorbents - used for mopping up. They absorb like sponge.

Please read up, booms, skimmers and weirs.

Also read up sorbents and bioremediation.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by rusher14: 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
todayboy:
Buhari give a Fulani man contract to clean ogoni land
What's the benefit of the useless clean they dredging the water for bigger ships to pass
That's not clean up

Life must rubbish you the way you have tried to rubbish this noble cause.

Somethings are sacrosanct.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by mashnino(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
mandax:

Lmao

Jesus!!!!

Are you 18?

What are you even saying.?
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Some animals in human flesh will never thank God for what the president is doing ogoni land presently because they are satanic instruments who will never see good things in this Buhari led government. What some presidents who are even from the south (south/south and south/west) refused to do for years, a man whom you criticized, abused and even blocked people to vote for during last general election is doing. Kudos to Amaechi, Magnus Abbe, Dakuku, Semenitari and the man of the moment President Otunba Godwin Buhari GCFR. To God be the glory
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Inova(m): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ogoni land is not one state.. It is within a state. As long as the money budgeted for the clean up is sufficient, what is your problem?

You want them to budget more than what is required?
Dont mind him. He is an example of the goats we are talkibg about. Na yam wey him wan chop him dey find. This is a new era. No free yam. u hv to work and earn it
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Inova(m): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ogoni land is not one state.. It is within a state. As long as the money budgeted for the clean up is sufficient, what is your problem?

You want them to budget more than what is required?
Dont mind him. He is an example of the goat we are talking about. Na yam wey him wan chop him dey find. This is a new era. No free yam. u hv to work and earn it
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by henryhemon(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:
He started the cleanup with a paltry $10m while $5bn was donated to rebuild North East

You couldn't appreciate the fact he started the clean up when Gej couldn't do it. Your hate will most surely consume you.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by lordkhalifa(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
When are we going to discover Oyil in Nigeria part of Lake chad

POO-BUHARI u just waste billions of Dollars in the name of exploring oyil in ur back yard...

If u like drill from sokoto to maidugiri then to kano and zamfara u won't find any trace of oyil in that dry desert... :PWhen are we going to discover Oyil in Nigeria part of Lake chad

POO-BUHARI u just waste billions of Dollars in the name of exploring oyil in ur back yard...

If u like drill from sokoto to maidugiri then to kano and zamfara u won't find any trace of oyil in that dry desert...
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by adconline(m): 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

The clean up is a continuous process that will last 30 years..

Do you know that the North East is a whole region not a community?
Do you know Ogoniland has contributed financially more than NE??
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by ajayiopy: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:
Jonathan was there for years, what did he do
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by 9ja4live: 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
This thing is simple. The fact that there is negative energy towards the "noble event" shows something is fundamentally wrong with the current structure of federalism we are practising. No matter how noble this event and many other events are, nobody destiny should be determined by another.
We are growing and developing everyday. The current structure of a truth can't sustain these population and this agitation. The NDDC , North east development commission , 13% , etc will not in any way ensure justice, fairness and equity. I strongly believe that it's right time we implement true fiscal federalism.
The states or regions should manage and administrate their regions. They should be responsible for the economic; educational; resource management, internal security and growth of their region while the federal government handles the currency, army, international relations, etc for the nation.
The state governors and local government chairman would solely responsible for the wellbeing and delivery of democratic dividend to the people.
We need this change now.
I am very grateful to God oil was found in Lagos. Now I hope there will be peace when those blocks will be allocated to Northerners ? I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by henryhemon(m): 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Just like that? I thought you people would hold meetings with the oil companies involved,other stakeholders and the representatives of the people of towns and communities affected by the spill.I just hope these people are not trying to deceive the ND people?

Stop showing your mumuness and ignorance in the public. People who have no sen.s come up to talk cuz it's nairaland.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Mrfred43(m): 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Isn't everything we start criticising govt, wen u see what is good, try and say it out. Kudos to Mr President!
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by henryhemon(m): 11:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
snailspeed:

This is false. The cleanup has been negotiated and planned long before Buhari came on board. He didnt initiate or complete the negotiations. It just happened to be ready now. Nigeria paid the $10m counterpart funding as part of last years budget. That was a budget prepared by GEJ not Buhari. But that is not even going to do the job. This is just a political stunt. We all know that.

Usel..s things will come here to spew their nonsense. Children of hate,hate will consume you folks.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by sparrowkid: 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Some people are like:

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by MORNDEW(m): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chukazu:

what exactly are you talking about?

Niger Delta is a community? how, where, when?
...don't tell me it's only Ogoni land

the 5billion budgeted for North East, is from Niger Delta resource.
You no go carry ur nonsense talk face one side. must you show how stupid u are?
stop disgracing urself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rotimi Akeredolu Is Ondo Governor-Elect - Punch / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence / Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.