Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Chronic Marginal Gingivitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chronic Marginal Gingivitis (3646 Views)

Hlep! Cure For Chronic Waist Pain / Please Help A Nigerian Realize Money For His 'chronic Renal Failure' Treatment / Have You Ever Had Chronic Malaria, How Did You Treat It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by rikado: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
I was recently diagnosed of chronic marginal gingivitis. I have been fighting chronic bad breath for five years now with no improvement.

I have tried everything. Mouthwash, TCP, Scaling and polishing, Stomach scan, Chest Xray, nose, mouth, ear xray, herbal medicines,antibiotics(all sorts) Nafdac approved Multivitamins that claims to fight bad breath etc. I practise good oral hygiene, gargle salt solution with warm water before and after meal (6 times daily)

I just lost my job and I have a wife and son to look after.

Please if anyone has ever combated chronic bad breath the person should please contact me and any advice apart from those above are welcome.

I am seriously incapacitated. I want to work but interviewer don't even want to complete the interview session with me.

Please advice. Thanks.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by Baxilexi(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
Gingivitis this is the inflammation of the gum at the root of the teeth. so no need going further than your mouth. grin Am not a dentist and i recommend you see one again, but i could bring you closer to the solution. Inflammations are generally caused by pathogens mainly bacteria, virus sometimes fungus.

When they live within us they cause pus which consists of white blood cells, dead tissues and smells really bad so that maybe a cause of the incessant mouth odour.

Check up with your pharmacist a drug called Ciprofloxacin and Flagyl see how they can be of help smiley
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by agabaI23(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
Ciprofloxacin for gingivitis? It appears you like the drug. Are you a doctor?

Poster

Hydrogen peroxide mouthwash or chlorhexidine mouthwash with flagyl therapy should do it if you actually have gingivitis.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by rikado: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2009
Thank you Baxilexi and Agaba for your advice.

I tried Ciprofloxacin and flagyl sometime ago but it didn't help.

I have also used more than 20 bottles of hydrogen peroxide.

Please what i want is how to get rid of the bad smell oozing from the dead tissues and/or bacteria.

I have a family to look after. I could manage the smell before but now the smell is so offensive that without opening my mouth it smells.
I am seriously disturbed.

Thanks.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by Baxilexi(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
Go see a dentist, he might tell you to take an X-ray,to know where the abcess is. cos surgery might be the only solution. smiley

Agb, yep i like the drug, works wonders. lol
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by agabaI23(m): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
Baxilexi:

Go see a dentist, he might tell you to take an X-ray,to know where the abcess is. cos surgery might be the only solution. smiley

Agb, yep i like the drug, works wonders. lol

Not indicated in this case.

@poster
Seeing a dentist might save your day as baxi advised.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by Baxilexi(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
it works for upper respiratory tract infection and even some STD's look up on the drug and verify. Never know what you might find
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by agabaI23(m): 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
Gingival infections are no URTI and STD. Ampicilin and the amoxyl are even better indicated for this case than ciproxin. Flagyl deals with the protozoan induced gingivitis.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by rikado: 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2009
Thanks a million. I value ur contributions a great deal. I went to Lagos State Teaching Hospital and they recommended some antibiotics and clear breath mouthwash which didn't do much to the breath. My next appointment is on the 31st August 2009. My major problem is how to get rid of the strong offensive smell that oozes out of my mouth and nostrils. Does it mean I won't be able to work again when pple with killer diseases like HIV/AIDS are working.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by Labelle(f): 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
Hey rikado,

Maybe you should look this through

http://www.badbreath.com.au/badbreathscience.html

Might be a tad offensive though.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by rikado: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Labelle. Thanks a million, lots of over the counter products these days. Your link was very helpfulas in causes of bad breath but the solution is still a thing of concern to me.

Is there anyone that ever combated bad breath or reduced it to a considerable level, the person shld pls contribute and save a brother.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by MyJoe: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2011
This is very touching. If rikado still visits Nairaland, he should send a mail to editors008 at gmail.com for a possible solution.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by obowunmi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
Kai, many people suffer from chronic bad breath. My small advice, cut off ALL sugary drinks, soda, minerals, --- also, brush your mouth three times a day.

How does your wife cope ?
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by MyJoe: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Kai, many people suffer from chronic bad breath. My small advice, cut off ALL sugary drinks, soda, minerals,
Good advice - may help many, but not all, sufferers.

obowunmi:
--- also, brush your mouth three times a day.

Bad advice. Nobody needs brush more than twice a day. Personally, I brush ONCE. You see, there is something called over-brushing.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by obowunmi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
MyJoe:

Bad advice. Nobody needs brush more than twice a day. Personally, I brush ONCE. You see, there is something called over-brushing.

True, you can possibly brush off your enamel.
Re: Chronic Marginal Gingivitis by obowunmi(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ OP: my uncle owns NeNe Dental by Allen Avenue, you can stop by for more dental assistance. He's great. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Are You Going To Experience The Pain Of Hydrosalpinx? How To Cure Hydrosalpinx? / Luciferase: The Bio-nano Chip Bill Gates Wants You To Have / 6 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.