Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,554 members, 7,951,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up (1361 Views)

Operation Python Dance: Charly Boy Writes President Buhari Open Letter / Agbaje Tosin Councillorship Campaign Billboard In Lagos Compares Jonathan&Buhari / Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by dechriscool(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2016
WHY I WON’T ARREST JONATHAN – BUHARI FINALLY OPEN UP

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has finally ruled-out possibility of inviting ex-President Goodluck Jonathan for questioning over cases of corruptions, most especially, the popular Armsgate scandal during his administration, saying the ex-President has earned respect world-over for a singular act after 2015 elections.

Buhari who said he was shocked to have receive Jonathan’s call even before the presidential election result was declared also said such incidence in his life remain unforgettable.

Reacting to questions when some journalists interview the President during the week, Buhari revealed that he remains grateful to the former President.

Hear him: “I think is one of the incidences in my life that I will never forget, I could even remember the time, it is quarter past five in the evening. He call me, of course we recognize each other voices. He said, good evening Your Excellency and I say ha Good evening Your Excellency and then a temporary silence from both sides then I heard I am calling you to congratulate you that I have conceded, that you have won the election and congratulations.

“And now of course, there was absolute silence from my own side, because I haven’t recovered from the shock, because the reality of the situation is for somebody who have been a deputy governor, a governor, a vice president and then a president suddenly for six years to concede during election even before the counting was completed I think he shows some great statesmanship.

“So quickly, that is why I changed my mind I said Your Excellency, he said do you hear what I said thank you Your Excellency for your statesmanship. I think if you play back because it was recorded that is how I quickly came out of it.

“And certainly for that he earned the respect not only of Nigerians, but the world over, because in the state of our development political, when change of government is done through the barrel of the gun. Then a substantive seating President conceding before even the figures are been collated.

http://www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/2016/05/28/why-i-wont-arrest-jonathan-buhari-finally-open-up/

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by Dreal11247: 7:57am On Jun 03, 2016
With the unrest in the South South and South East, his arrest might provoke a full blown war against the Federal Government.

2 Likes

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by hopara1(m): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok, I dey observe sha
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by RealAdewole(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2016
he would av if nt because of the NDA.

1 Like

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by dechriscool(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Where are the Apc apologists and their numerous tantrums of pending arrest and prosecution of Jonathan for corruption charges?Bros Bubu had spoken,he doesn't have the liver to arrest the Hero of democracy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by ChappyChase: 8:05am On Jun 03, 2016
Hian! Yawa dey for this Government ooo, they are truly fighting kwaraption!
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by greatgod2012(f): 8:07am On Jun 03, 2016
And PMB just indicted himself. In other words, he's the one that has been ordering the arrest of those that have already been arrested.

3 Likes

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by Jirate(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2016
greatgod2012:
And PMB just indicted himself. In other words, he's the one that has been ordering the arrest of those that have already been arrested.

He did just That..
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by greatgod2012(f): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
And to PMB loyalists, can your hero do what GEJ did?

It is that singular act of GEJ that earned him my respect. He valued the lives of the people more than his own ambition.

2 Likes

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by nrexzy: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2016
Im with him on this... Gej shouldnt be arrested. He know he couldnt handle d level of corruption in the country thats why he let buhari win... Totally patriotic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by youngweb(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2016
wisdom is very pgovernment. two good heads has sustained the democracy of our government
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by dechriscool(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2016
greatgod2012:
And to PMB loyalists, can your hero do what GEJ did?

It is that singular act of GEJ that earned him my respect. He valued the lives of the people more than his own ambition.
Bros bubu knew he wouldn't concede defeat if he was in Jonathan's position.That's why he was shocked and dumbfounded.
2011 post election violence and inciting speech comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by youngweb(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2016
I love this ,PMB has shown his own wisdom .
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by MarshRiley(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Wait first,was he thinking of arresting GEJ before? He dare not......when there are so many issues on ground that he doesn't know how to tackle,NDA dey there,him family members dey there(fulani) and the fact that his propaganda ain't working anymore sef is there,and has anybody been convicted for corruption?
Next pls undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by youngweb(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2016
I love this ,PMB has shown his own wisdom .

wisdom is very profitable .
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by splendid2: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2016
Laugh wan kill me. A child dt had been stung by bee runs with out looking back @ d sight of house fly. Tompolo case don reset ur brain to factory settings. Who ever doesn't know dt d worst security risk u can subject ur self to is taking ur nerbour for granted, is a ful. No be u say u b oga, na y u dey run.

1 Like

Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by HammerEvery(f): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2016
keneking and other zombies no go like this one. grin

Buhari will finally learn that power ultimately rests with the people. He choose the 'wrongest' time to come into presidency and become a tyrant. If he had done these in the 90s or early 2000s, he would have succeeded.
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2016
Wisdom that arrive too late

You attempt to arrest tompoloN now Niger Delta Avengers is the result

Try arresting gej let's see what will happen.
Re: I Wouldn't Arrest Jonathan-buhari Open Up by csamii: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2016
How many times have I written it here. The coward of a president simply can't arrest GEJ.

(1) (Reply)

Predict And Win: Who Will Win Edo State Governorship Election? / Compensation To Boko Haram: El-rufai Opening A Can Of Warms That’ill Not Be Clos / Kure Pressures Buhari To Create Southern Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.