Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? (12578 Views)

Removal Of Excess Cheek Fat By Cheek Reduction And Increase In Cheek Volume / How To Stop Applications From Consuming Your Mobile Data Without Your Knowledge / How To Check If Your Prepaid Meter Is Consuming Credit Unit Faster Than Expected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by jdstunt(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please fellow nairalanders, I have been having issues with my "I pass my neighbor generator" over some weeks now. The Gen suddenly started consuming fuel after I took it to a particular guy for servicing.

Since then my Gen never remained the same. Three liters of fuel only lasts for 3hours, instead of the normal 9hours plus. I reduced the rate of flow of fuel through the caberator, still the Gen is still consuming excess fuel. I have also taken the generator to two different Gen repairers for the same reason. The caberator has been changed three times, still the Gen is still consuming fuel. Don't know if it's because the sound of the gen is high.

I have spent a lot of money because of this small Gen, coupled with this harsh economy where a liter of fuel is sold at a whopping rate of N150 per liter.

Please if anyone has a solution to why my Gen is consuming excessive fuel, I will be most grateful.

I'm tired of staying in darkness while I have a gen.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by khalhokage(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
A few things that could be the cause are:
The gen may be carrying a lot of load.
You may be buying low quality petrol
The electricity output of the gen may be too high

Just check these 1st, you might spot something.
Personally I suspect the output since you said the sound of the gen is high.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by jdstunt(m): 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
khalhokage:
A few things that could be the cause are:

The gen may be carrying a lot of load.

You may be buying low quality petrol

The electricity output of the gen may be too high

Just check these 1st, you might spot something.

Personally I suspect the output since you said the sound of the gen is high.

Don't think it's because of the load, cos I've tried it with just two 60watts bulbs, one fan, a plasma TV and home theater while other bulbs and appliances were switched off. Although it's a three bedroom apartment.

For that of low quality petrol, I can't really tell. Although I buy from both black market and from petrol stations.

If the electricity output is one of the reasons, then I think it might be the cause. Cos the sound of my gen is very high.

Please if you know of a way in which I could reduce the electricity output by myself, pls do well to tell me. Thanks
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by khalhokage(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2016
jdstunt:

Don't think it's because of the load, cos I've tried it with just two 60watts bulbs, one fan, a plasma TV and home theater while other bulbs and appliances were switched off. Although it's a three bedroom apartment.

For that of low quality petrol, I can't really tell. Although I buy from both black market and from petrol stations.

If the electricity output is one of the reasons, then I think it might be the cause. Cos the sound of my gen is very high.

Please if you know of a way in which I could reduce the electricity output by myself, pls do well to tell me. Thanks

You can do it yourself but I don't know how to describe it to you, ok, if you check by the side of the gen underneath the fuel tank you should see a screw with a spring wrapped around it, turning that screw to the right or left is what you can do to regulate output.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by judemurphy(m): 5:10am On Jan 13, 2019
jdstunt:
Please fellow nairalanders, I have been having issues with my "I pass my neighbor generator" over some weeks now. The Gen suddenly started consuming fuel after I took it to a particular guy for servicing.

Since then my Gen never remained the same. Three liters of fuel only lasts for 3hours, instead of the normal 9hours plus. I reduced the rate of flow of fuel through the caberator, still the Gen is still consuming excess fuel. I have also taken the generator to two different Gen repairers for the same reason. The caberator has been changed three times, still the Gen is still consuming fuel. Don't know if it's because the sound of the gen is high.

I have spent a lot of money because of this small Gen, coupled with this harsh economy where a liter of fuel is sold at a whopping rate of N150 per liter.

Please if anyone has a solution to why my Gen is consuming excessive fuel, I will be most grateful.

I'm tired of staying in darkness while I have a gen.

Bros please how where you able to resolve that issue, because I'm suffering from similar issue now and I'm so tired, don't know what else to do. Please help

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Gen From Consuming Excess Fuel.. ? by mattsejuro(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2022
I also had this issue since last week.
It got resolved today.

I realized that the pipe that connect the fuel tank to the carburetor had a cut and so the fuel kept wasting away even though it wasn't noticeable until you properly check.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Gulma Tactical Small UAS (SUAS) / Solar Generator With Easy Payment / Full Moon Affects Sleep Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.