Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,220 members, 7,887,588 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Atheists Were Right! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheists Were Right! (2839 Views)

What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / The Atheists Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Atheists Were Right! by AdoptedSon: 3:21am On Jun 04, 2016
The major philosophical question:

why are we here?

every christian would admit that we are here to worship God. but NO, the christians were TOTALLY wrong?

we are not here, in this planet Earth to worship God. if God really wanted worship that bad, He would have commanded that we remained in Heaven.

so what does God want?

we are here on earth to gain experience and Body (Yeah! your pound of flesh.) The way you utilize your experience now paves way for how your eternity may look like.

upnext: Addressing Free will in 8-10 lines

sirwere, reyginus, kingebukasblog,johnydon22, Loj Blackjewelry Sirwere RobinHez
FrancisTony donnffd Antiparticle
Krystalzkris freecocoa OgundeleT
TheDauraMallam, K9blunt ( f ), joywendy( f),
herald9 , MarieSucre reallest PAGAN9JA krattoss
hahn Queed, dabosuker
realtem sorextee Dekatron djdoxxx kolajamesjnr
Liekiller SIRANDREWS ,
plaetton , menesheh wiegraf , finofaya Redlyn ,
Longstride, Rainess rinrin23
tangled Misogynist2014 Pr0ton , davien
teempakguy dorox Joseph1013...

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 04, 2016
Why are we here? This is my own opinion:

We don't know and we can never know. The true purpose for our existence will never be understood and can never be understood. We can try to give answers to this question all we want, but those answers are nothing but mere assumptions, which can never be proven as fact, because we lack the necessary tools to.

I think consciousness is the problem of humanity. We are too conscious of our being, and this consciousness creates an exaggerated sense of importance. We feel we were created for a definite, meaningful reason, and that we are the reason for which every other thing was created. That's the delusion of religion. The religious books tell us that the world was created for us. But the truth is the world doesn't need us. The universe doesn't regard us as significant. The earth would survive without us. We are nothing but a source of pollution to the earth. We are the one's who need the earth and not the other way round, but yet, we price ourselves as being so relevant to it; more relevant than animals and plants. The animals and plants can survive without us, but can we survive without them? Hell no. But they aren't trying to seek answers for their very existence. They just live, and so should we. Because when we waste our time seeking answers to unnecessary questions, or buying into some concocted religious fairy tale that explains the essence of our creation, we misuse the rare gift of existence.

We are born, we live and we die. That's human existence for you. What happens in between, is all up to us. And it's what happens in between birth and death, that's really important. We all have a short amount of time to live on this earth, some a lot shorter than others. Instead of worrying ourselves over why we were created, or what happens after we die, let's make the best of what we have now.

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Decker:

We don't know and we can never know. The true purpose for our existence will never be understood and can never be understood. We can try to give answers to this question all we want, but those answers are nothing but mere assumptions, which can never be proven as fact, because we lack the necessary tools to.

I think consciousness is the problem of humanity. We are too conscious of our being, and this consciousness creates an exaggerated sense of importance. We feel we were created for a definite, meaningful reason, and that we are the reason for which every other thing was created. That's the delusion of religion. The religious books tell us that the world was created for us. But the truth is the world doesn't need us. The universe doesn't regard us as significant. The earth would survive without us. We are nothing but a source of pollution to the earth. We are the one's who need the earth and not the other way round, but yet, we price ourselves as being so relevant to it; more relevant than animals and plants. The animals and plants can survive without us, but can we survive without them? Hell no. But they aren't trying to seek answers for their very existence. They just live, and so should we. Because when we waste our time seeking answers to unnecessary questions, or buying into some concocted religious fairy tale that explains the essence of our creation, we misuse the rare gift of existence.

We are born, we live and we die. That's human existence for you. What happens in between, is all up to us. And it's what happens in between birth and death, that's really important. We all have a short amount of time to live on this earth, some a lot shorter than others. Instead of worrying ourselves over why we were created, or what happens after we die, let's make the best of what we have now.

Lies from the pit of Hell . Satan has always wanted man , who is higher than the angels , to fail to attain his unimaginable glorious position when he reigns eternally with God .

We are free moral agents to whom God will reveal Himself unto .
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lies from the pit of Hell . Satan has always wanted man , who is higher than the angels , to fail to attain his unimaginable glorious position when he reigns eternally with God .

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2016
Why why why

Why is the earth geoid?

Why is the Sky blue?

Why is Space cold?

Why does Boron have 3 atoms?

Why does qunine attack plasmodium?

Why do salt molecules form cubic shapes?

Why are Boson particles so unstable?

Why is quantum physics so unpredictable?

We keep asking why, why, why......... Trying to find our role in this murky universe, trying for a while to find some special importance for us; a clear reason for our existence...

Bliss (Ignorance) or Truth, never both

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by donnffd(m): 11:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Just because you can ask a question doesnt automatically make the question valid...

I could ask what is the color of jealousy?...or ask why is the sun hot and not cold?

Our sense of purpose is just an illusion.

If a lightning strikes a tree and creates a fire, does that fire have a purpose?...asking why the fire exists is as invalid as it gets...

We are here by cosmic accidents, but I believe we can give our lives meaning and purpose...we can be the light in the eternal darkness...we can make our brief moment in eternity mean something...

Its all in your power...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What gives you the assurance that my opinion is a lie while yours is the truth? The way you parade your indoctrinated belief with an arrogant air of certainty is a cause for serious concern, I must say. You are just so sure that you are right, despite the fact that you have no reasonable proof, asides the words of some ancient jewish book, and you oppose anyone whose opinion contradict yours with so much aggressiveness, that one may wonder the kind of deeds you would be capable of, if the new testament wasn't against physical violence.

Christians are not free moral agents. Your so called moral freedom has already been bought with fear of eternal torment and the promise of everlasting happiness. Your moral constitution is governed by the bible's own constitution. So you have no inherent say whatsoever, about what is morally right or wrong. Whatever the bible says is right, you agree to be right and whatever the bible says is wrong, you agree to be wrong. You aren't free, rather, you are a slave to the doctrines of your belief.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by donnffd(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Read yourself...started with your fairytales abi?

4 Likes

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
Decker:

What gives you the assurance that my opinion is a lie while yours is the truth? The way you parade your indoctrinated belief with an arrogant air of certainty is a cause for serious concern, I must say. You are just so sure that you are right, despite the fact that you have no reasonable proof, asides the words of some ancient jewish book, and you oppose anyone whose opinion contradict yours with so much aggressiveness, that one may wonder the kind of deeds you would be capable of, if the new testament wasn't against murder and violence.

Christians are not free moral agents. Your so called moral freedom has already been bought with fear of eternal torment and the promise of everlasting happiness. Your moral constitution is governed by the bible's own constitution. So you have no inherent say whatsoever, about what is morally right or wrong. Whatever the bible says is right, you agree to be right and whatever the bible says is wrong, you agree to be wrong. You aren't free, rather, you are a slave to the doctrines of your belief.
o

Decker , you ain't free , rather you are a slave to the will of the devil undecided whatever the bible says is true . cool
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by UyiIredia(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
donnffd:

Read yourself...started with your fairytales abi?
Which fairytales. U must be referring to the one u believe in.
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by braithwaite(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
Passing through
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

The Scamvolution theory
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by nynbrada: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
o

Decker , you ain't free , rather you are a slave to the will of the devil undecided whatever the bible says is true . cool

Bro, u dey vex dis days ooO! With d kind strong hand wey u dey take follow dis folks..............i dey feel u dieeeee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by nynbrada: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Scamvolution theory

Hehehe!

Scamvolution+Evilution theory.
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by AdoptedSon: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
donnffd:
Just because you can ask a question doesnt automatically make the question valid...

I could ask what is the color of jealousy?...or ask why is the sun hot and not cold?

Our sense of purpose is just an illusion.

If a lightning strikes a tree and creates a fire, does that fire have a purpose?...asking why the fire exists is as invalid as it gets...

We are here by cosmic accidents, but I believe we can give our lives meaning and purpose...we can be the light in the eternal darkness...we can make our brief moment in eternity mean something...

Its all in your power...

accident you say?
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by AdoptedSon: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Decker:

If you say we may never know the purpose of our existence, then that has defied Logic (that you worship)

At least, you Believe in free Will up there. salvation is on the way KingEbukasblog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by donnffd(m): 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
AdoptedSon:

accident you say?

Yes, imagine the sperm cell that merged with your mothers eggs was a little bit slowly and another overtook it...would you be here on Nairaland asking why you are not here?

Your parents would have a child that they were expecting and thank God for answering their prayers, everyone would be happy, the child might do better than einstein and become very famous, the world would be happy, the world would go on perfectly with no dent in it whatsoever.

By sheer chance, that sperm cell was slower and the sperm carrying your DNA won the ticket...isnt that an accident?, whats so special about ur sperm cell and unspecial about the other 99,999,999 sperm cells that lost the race?

3 Likes

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by donnffd(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

Lol...fairytales are for those who believe without evidence...i dont do that

2 Likes

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by johnydon22(m): 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
o

This i can say is very laughable and naive, the acceptance of an answer invoking an unsupported answer as an absolute truth unminding of what so ever is true..

this one can see is major problem with beliefs on superstitions and an employment of theological dishonesty that persist on a preconcieved stance as truth no matter what is true.

here emotions is put up in place of truth with nothing but personal belief as a basis.

This is something prevalent with Christian and Islamic apologetics.

In discussion it is not so much weight of authority as force of argument that should be demanded.

Indeed, the authority of those who profess to teach is often a positive hindrance to those who desire to learn; they cease to employ their own judgment, and take what they perceive to be the verdict of their chosen master as settling the question.

In fact I am not disposed to approve or respect the practice conventionally ascribed to Christians/muslims and more broadly the linear practise of theology, who, as you all has shown here when questioned as to the grounds of any assertion that they advanced in debate, are always likely to have been accustomed to reply ‘The bible/quran said so and what ever the bible/Quran said must or is true'.

So potent was an opinion already decided, making authority prevail unsupported by reason.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by AdoptedSon: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
Donnffd, what you explained is purpose? every 8seconds people die, why not you? you are no way special.

Take a look at child death rate, why have you not died from Polio, Malaria and the likes. Accidents, worldwars surviving all point to purpose.

Everything work together for a purpose. You can read Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life (not so sure that's the author name).

That I beat every other sperm cell shows Purpose, it might have been anybody. also, my sperm cell was a great sprinter: Usain-bolt like. (winks)

Johnydon22, I see you.
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
johnydon22:

This i can say is very laughable and naive, the acceptance of an answer invoking an unsupported answer as an absolute truth unminding of what so ever is true..

this one can see is major problem with beliefs on superstitions and an employment of theological dishonesty that persist on a preconcieved as truth no matter what is true.

here emotions is put up in place of truth with nothing but personal belief as a basis.

This is something prevalent with Christian and Islamic apologetics.

In discussion it is not so much weight of authority as force of argument that should be demanded.

Indeed, the authority of those who profess to teach is often a positive hindrance to those who desire to learn; they cease to employ their own judgment, and take what they perceive to be the verdict of their chosen master as settling the question.

In fact I am not disposed to approve the practice conventionally ascribed to Christians/muslims and more broadly the linear practise of theology, who, as you all has shown here when questioned as to the grounds of any assertion that they advanced in debate, are said to have been accustomed to reply ‘The bible/quran said so and what ever the bible/Quran said must or is true'.

So potent was an opinion already decided, making authority prevail unsupported by reason.

Whatever the bible says is true cool wink
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by johnydon22(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Whatever the bible says is true cool wink
LOL.. I'm sure it is
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
nynbrada:

Hehehe!

Scamvolution+Evilution theory.

Science myths . Atheist scientists fighting so hard to prove their imaginations are true . Pathetic . Ludicrous .

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
johnydon22:

LOL.. I'm sure it is

smiley
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by donnffd(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
AdoptedSon:
Donnffd, what you explained is purpose? every 8seconds people die, why not you? you are no way special.

Take a look at child death rate, why have you not died from Polio, Malaria and the likes. Accidents, worldwars surviving all point to purpose.

Everything work together for a purpose. You can read Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life (not so sure that's the author name).

That I beat every other sperm cell shows Purpose, it might have been anybody. also, my sperm cell was a great sprinter: Usain-bolt like. (winks)

Johnydon22, I see you.

You see my problem with that, its selfish, you are here because everything works together for you and it means you have a purpose...that is too egocentric.

You talked about the people dying from diseases and world wars...they dont have purpose?, they are just dots that should be cleaned from your storyline?, the other sperms that were slower were just there to make you feel special? Is that it?

Only when you step out of your own perspective and view the world from a strangers eyes would you fully grasp the meaning of our shared humanity...
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by AdoptedSon: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
donnffd:

You see my problem with that, its selfish, you are here because everything works together for you and it means you have a purpose...that is too egocentric.

You talked about the people dying from diseases and world wars...they dont have purpose?, they are just dots that should be cleaned from your storyline?, the other sperms that were slower were just there to make you feel special? Is that it?

Only when you step out of your own perspective and view the world from a strangers eyes would you fully grasp the meaning of our shared humanity...

That Bill Gates is the richest makes him egocentric
that we are poor in Nigeria makes USA and other capitalist states egocentric.
That Usain Bolt is the faster of Tyson Gay and Gaitlin make him egocentric.
That Blessing Okagbare is the fastest woman in Africa makes. her egocentric
That Richard Dawkins is one of the greatest atheist living and not you here on naira land talking Bladderash makes him.egocentric.

The rule of thumb all things are not equal. All fingers are not equal.Not Everyone may be successful
Do you know how many people you beat to win that contract?
Do you know how many people you move 1 steps down ward so you can clinch first position or first prize.

You are too Selfish. (from your point of view)
Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lies from the pit of Hell .
All lies come from heaven.

KingEbukasBlog:

Satan has always wanted man , who is higher than the angels. to fail to attain his unimaginable glorious position when he reigns eternally with God .
Lol. Who told you you're higher than the angels? The best weed is in heaven.
And who are you going to be reigning over in heaven? Una thirst for power is unquenchable.

KingEbukasBlog:

We are free moral agents to whom God will reveal Himself unto
You obviously have no idea what being a free moral agent means.

7 Likes

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
AdoptedSon:

That Bill Gates is the richest makes him egocentric
that we are poor in Nigeria makes USA and other capitalist states egocentric.
That Usain Bolt is the faster of Tyson Gay and Gaitlin make him egocentric.
That Blessing Okagbare is the fastest woman in Africa makes. her egocentric
That Richard Dawkins is one of the greatest atheist living and not you here on naira land talking Bladderash makes him.egocentric.

The rule of thumb all things are not equal. All fingers are not equal.Not Everyone may be successful
Do you know how many people you beat to win that contract?
Do you know how many people you move 1 steps down ward so you can clinch first position or first prize.

You are too Selfish. (from your point of view)

How the fuçk......

Does this make any sense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by UyiIredia(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Scamvolution theory
As in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by UyiIredia(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
donnffd:

Lol...fairytales are for those who believe without evidence...i dont do that

Matter of fact you do. I'm sure as an atheist you believe in evolution. A fairytale theory with no evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Owliver(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
the reward for life is knowledge.

the reward for knowledge is pain.

more knowledge more pains.

pain is constant as long as you have life.

comfort decides the move of every living being.

knowledge are imprinted codes in our minds by elderly, experience or personal thoughts. a child is like an empty disk, born innocent, born empty, but the parents teaches them, schools teaches them, society teaches them, these are the things we call knowledge, they are imprinted codes.

the more the knowledge, the more pains. why animals don't bother about things we do? cos they have limited knowledge, they only do basics(food and sex).

people worshipped the stars, moon, sun even wind because they had no knowledge about these things, they were miseries. until today we have flown through space, evaluated the sun, landed on the moon then we ask further but yet no answer

religious people have settled their pains by agreeing there's a god whom will give them everlasting enjoyment(comfort), but that's not the main driver of religion. the fear of burning till eternity is the real driver of religion. it's a pain already even to me, the fact that we "know(knowledge) about hell is already a pain never to be erased.

but i tell you pains Must always be here. it's an unquenchable flame that burns where life is.

in conclusion, the atheists and theist are doing same thing. running from pains.

laughable,

my advice, you need not bother about the beginning or the end. hundreds of generation have come before us, hundred will come after us. this is our time. enjoy your show because you do not know the hour you will be called.

adios. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Atheists Were Right! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
Experience? Do atheists even believe in an afterlife? undecided I thought not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! / Could This Be The Reason Why Russia Never Kept Black Slaves? / Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.