Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,858 members, 7,980,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:08 PM

Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 (550 Views)

Nigeria's D'tigers Defeats China 74-64 In Stankovic Cup / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by mirage(m): 6:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Breaking News: Muhammad Ali dies aged 74: Greatest boxer of all time passes away with his family at his side a day after being rushed to hospital with respiratory problems
Muhammad Ali has died aged 74, a day after he was rushed to hospital with difficulty breathing.
The legendary boxer died with his family at his side on Friday evening, NBC News reported.
It was earlier reported that Ali’s family had started making funeral arrangements after doctors warned that he was just hours from death.
Ali was on life support at a hospital outside Phoenix, Arizona, after he was found ‘barely breathing’ at his home on Thursday.

Ali was surrounded by his family, who rushed to be at his bedside on Friday after doctors warned his condition was ‘rapidly deteriorating’, Radar Online reported.
He was taken to hospital on Thursday with an ‘unshakeable cough’, a separate source said, with his reported respiratory problems likely to be complicated by his Parkinson’s disease.

The former heavyweight champion’s family are rushing to be at his side after doctors reportedly warned that his condition was ‘rapidly deteriorating’.

‘He had an unshakeable cough and they had to bring him to hospital and sedate him,’ a source said.
Ali has since been dealing with respiratory problems which are further complicated by his Parkinson’s disease, it was reported.

‘Doctors are telling the family that it likely won’t be long until he passes away,’ an one insider said.

Another source said Ali’s vitals ‘are terrible’, adding: ‘Ali is in dire straits and is rapidly deteriorating.

‘His breathing has become very shallow, requiring tubes.’

His third wife Veronica Porche said in an interview on Friday that her two daughters with Ali, Laila and Hana, were on their way to see their father.  ‘My daughters have both flown there and I will be hearing from them when they arrive at the hospital,’ Porche told Radar Online. ‘I can’t comment more than that but I will say it is not so great, I’ll just say that much. He’s a real hero. It’s a sad situation.’

Ali’s second wife, Khalilah, also said that one of her daughters was rushing to see the boxer in the hospital.

A source told Radar: ‘The family feels that even if he somehow survives this setback, he’ll be left in a vegetative state. ‘He can’t stand due to stiffness in the legs. Before this incident, he would sometimes freeze upon standing, like his feet are stuck to the ground. Now he cannot even do that.’

They added: ‘Doctors fear he’s in the early stages of dementia. Or possibly beyond that.
‘The family has gathered around him and is prepared for the worst.’ Ali has been married four times, most recently to his current wife Lonnie, and has nine children – seven daughters and two sons.

http://michaelbaisden.com/breaking-news-muhammad-ali-dies-aged-74-greatest-boxer-time-passes-away-family/
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by Hormoniyi(m): 6:29am On Jun 04, 2016
greatest boxer ever liveth.RIP baba
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by Mynd44: 6:30am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by WilliamsNedd: 6:30am On Jun 04, 2016
The Iroko has fallen.

RIP Sir.
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by khalifjgusau(m): 6:30am On Jun 04, 2016
SubhanAllah: may his soul rest in perfect peace...

Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by KEZDON(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2016
R I P to a Legend
He fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 04, 2016
Rip..greatest hero
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by Akosxxx(m): 6:49am On Jun 04, 2016
May Almighty Allah forgive his sins and grant him Janah Al Firdaus. AMEEN
Re: Muhammed Ali Is Dead @ 74 by SODEXSKI(m): 6:49am On Jun 04, 2016
rip

(1) (Reply)

Tribute: Most Popular Muhammed Ali's Quotes & Rants / 04/06/16 Free Betting Tips / Amodu Shaibu Is Dead. @58

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.