Stats: 3,197,773 members, 7,965,911 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:02 AM

Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) (60005 Views)

15-Year-Old IPOB Member, Others Arrested In Port-Harcourt Finally Released. PICS / I Will Speak On Recovered Loot On May 29 – Buhari / Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by tumbez: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
maasoap:

Whenever I see this kind of comments, I'm always forced to ask if people like you if you really like this country? Or you were just among the few that benefited from the looting of this nation's resources? Because your comment didn't make any sense, and it irritates.
...bro wetin u no go see nigerians!!! Ignominious
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by officialkempes: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

What will you do with the names? There might be legal issues surrounding the release of names especially as the people have not been convicted.
.how cm police dey quick release pictures and names of suspects...?
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Dbboy(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
1) its not on an official letter headed paper
2) its was not signed and sealed by the any of the goverment representative on this matter.
3) there is no senior official of goverment to authenticate this 'press release'

And you expect reasonble people to beleive this show of shame and when does criminals have dignity, why not expose them once and for all,let us all know who squandered our collective wealth.

When the goverment is ready to release a more substantial and varifiable list we would be here wating, as for this this is all garbage.

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Ephemmm: 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
sparrowkid:
Some things are learned while some things are natural. It's like some people have configured their brains to always reason in the reverse. To them anything good is propaganda while everything bad should be celebrated. One begins to wonder what has happened to them within the spate of 365 days. That's why they say hatred is dangerous to even the health of the hater.

1. If the names of the looters have been released, the first case would have been why did they release their names; while the second case would have been where are the names of APC members? Another possible scenario would have been why are there many names from the southern part of the country than the northern part? Or why are there more Muslim names than Christian names? Or we better still, "we know that they would concoct the names from our regions because they hate us or we are the notorious 5%. And so on and so forth.

2. If the names of APC members were to be released, the argument would have been didn't we tell you that APC is a party of rogues? Or, in another way, where are the names of so and so, xy and z? Without their names, the list is fake. They would have looked for every single thing to discredit the list.

3. As you can see now, despite the report being "INTERIM", some people have been running their mouths by saying they were expecting the money to be this to be that. They are saying this because the amount released is somehow credible. But if the amount were to be much bigger than this, you would have seen them spewing the same rubbish that they are even expecting more. [Sigh] Who did this to these people?

Another issue they are now raising is that they believe everything about this government is all propaganda. Now one wonders when propaganda as a political tool is now an exclusive right of a political party in Nigeria. Has anyone stopped PDP or others from using propaganda? The only issue I see here is that the only thing PDP is good at is arrogance of power. See, even to loot and clean mouth perfectly is a serious problem. They caouldn't even loot very well without leaving traces!

For example, their own propaganda is like: "Aisha Buhari wristwatch is $10million"; "Zahra Buhari engaged to El-Rufai"; "Buhari's shoe costs $8,000"; "Buhari is not wearing singlet". Now tell me, how do we help these kind of morons littering the cyberspace with news like this to score political points? Who is interested in this gibberish?

APC was successful in the last elections not because of the fact that they are the best, simply because Nigerian citizens just wanted to test another political party at the centre. APC was just able to key into that space at that period and they were able to do it effectively. People didn't vote for APC because they love APC, it's just a case of when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable. So all those who are still whining should stop and let's move forward. You're the one drawing the nation back. May God heal your battered life if you happen to fall within the category of these sets of clowns.

Tell them!
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Ephemmm: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

Shame and painment undefined. undecided if it can take this "serious government" 1 year to recover that chicken change some corrupt governors spend in six months as dash to their cronies I wondered how long it will take them to recover equivalent of $1 billion in Naira undecided yeye people. So after all the media hype and noise making from Lai about billions of dollars stolen its only 78 billion Naira, hundreds million of dollars, few millions in pounds and thousands of Euro recovered. They better start balling with the masses because people are hungry. Bloody liars

Chicken change! I thought all was propaganda. Will your ineffectual Buffon who turned EFCC and ICPC to toothless dog do better assuming he won?
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by officialkempes: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Lolzzzz..bubu thought u said names go follow?..even our presdo dey scam...

Premium times report: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204676-breaking-nigeria-releases-interim-report-assets-recovered-looters.html
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by lordizak(m): 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
patrickmuf:
Now lets see all the guilty amongst the lot behind bars, it's not enough to recover stolen funds/assets...
Why did Buhari's predecessors not find a thing to probe about him? who built 2 of the 3 existing refineries?. Sentiment aside, PMB mean business. If u have a functioning brain, you will realize that all this Terrorism, cessation, high cost of commodities all, all these crap are a decoy to sway our minds. trust me, I would know.

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by ezechiernest: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
the government is trying but i wil say due to d opposition from agitators dy ar now delivery as promised since we dnt hv a strong opposition party n pdp is weak so d only strong party now is NDA God knws why tins ar turning like dis. d wil of God must hapn in dis nation
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by patrickmuf(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
lordizak:

Why did Buhari's predecessors not find a thing to probe about him? who built 2 of the 3 existing refineries?. Sentiment aside, PMB mean business. If u have a functioning brain, you will realize that all this Terrorism, cessation, high cost of commodities all, all these crap are a decoy to sway our minds. trust me, I would know.
Sometimes folks like you jump on a post to write incoherent stuff...In my post, I was clearly advocating for jail terms for the looters of our common wealth and not just recovery of stolen funds...I tire for some of una walahi

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Bimpe29: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is highly commendable. May God bless Government and people of Nigeria.
Sai Baba!

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by lordizak(m): 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
patrickmuf:
Sometimes folks like you jump on a post to write incoherent stuff...In my post, I was clearly advocating for jail terms for the looters of our common wealth and not just recovery of stolen funds...I tire for some of una walahi
Na u win o.
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by idajor: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Anything from our reputable minister of info ( alh Lia Mohammed) is just like his first name. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by wakamotion: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Why are you afraid of publishing names if what you are putting up there is true. Buhari, u can't be taken serious because u can produce fictitious figures to deceive your gullibles that you are recovering loots and fighting corruption to score political points. Meanwhile you are proven a liar

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by teejaykkr(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please can somebody sum all dis amount and tell us here in Naira?
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Your format will get government sued from every direction.
If the FG had enough evidence to make the thieves admit stealing through restitution , than there is no legal issues involved unless someone is trying to be clever by half. People who returned what they had stolen are thieves and there no such thing as legal issues calling such people thieves as they admit it themselves.

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by vikyno(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
tumbez:
...ehat do u want from buhari plsss. A ahhh!!.....u want a president that will come out and tell u lies about the state of the economy or looters.think abeg!!!

He has been lying since his campaign period. I won't be surprised if the whole thing turns out to be lies.

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by 989900: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
WOW!!! This too much now!

And to think there is more . . .
cry cry cry

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by jude79(m): 4:04am On Jun 05, 2016
this reminds me of a movie "the good, the bad and the ugly. the mayor looted the town's bank, he then arranged and robbed the bank with the aid of a gang. later the gang found out that the amount quoted by the local newspaper was ten times higher than their heist. applying that caution, I believe that names should be attached to amount quoted. after all, nothing prevents this government from quoting only one tenth of recovered loot. then after gauging our reaction, they can then reloot their recovered loot. recall, they were the one that started this drama of naming looters.

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by jamace(m): 6:58am On Jun 05, 2016
If the FG can not name the looters, then it should not tell the world about the loots because the world will see ALL Nigerians as looters!

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by omonnakoda: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2016
anonimi:

Government has no business being in business.
It should be limited to-

- providing the enabling environment for PRIVATE investors
- regulations
- TAXATION.

Government should ensure that ALL children are in school to have SKILLED workers of different levels to entice PRIVATE investors
Kindly explain whygovernment has no business in business apart from the fact that you have heard other smarter people repeat it around you often. What is the basis? Please do not tell me it is in the Bible

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by omonnakoda: 9:26am On Jun 05, 2016
jude79:
this reminds me of a movie "the good, the bad and the ugly. the mayor looted the town's bank, he then arranged and robbed the bank with the aid of a gang. later the gang found out that the amount quoted by the local newspaper was ten times higher than their heist. applying that caution, I believe that names should be attached to amount quoted. after all, nothing prevents this government from quoting only one tenth of recovered loot. then after gauging our reaction, they can then reloot their recovered loot. recall, they were the one that started this drama of naming looters.
Nothing stops them omitting some names completely since there is asymmetry of information.You suggestion does not solve the problem
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by dan307(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2016
My take is dat the list should be published. BC am sure most of them(the looters) still want 2 political seats by 2019 and we may be deceived to vote them again.(tell me y dey will not loot three times of their previous loot wen they are voted in). Our govt encourage looting by all means BC d govt are the looters. No past governor in naija has less Dan 10billion and a houz abroad. My president you still probing the lower civil servant, step up a bit BC u can get dat amount in one looters acct.every looter should look lik dis if u truly want to fight corruption, let me see how they will get our vote com 2019 undecided undecided undecided

Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by anonimi: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2016
omonnakoda:
Kindly explain whygovernment has no business in business apart from the fact that you have heard other smarter people repeat it around you often. What is the basis? Please do not tell me it is in the Bible

The basis is found in the word motivation linked to sense of ownership.
Hope you get it now?

Ask yourself- How many of the countries that Nigerians run to have businesses owned by government?
Re: Interim Report On Recovered Loot Released (pics) by omonnakoda: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2016
anonimi:

The basis is found in the word motivation linked to sense of ownership.
Hope you get it now?

Ask yourself- How many of the countries that Nigerians run to have businesses owned by government?
"Motivation linked to sense of ownership" really that is a meaningless phrase. Major multinational businesses like Shell Volkswagen and so on are run by professional management teams NOT the shareholders so I fail to see the logic in your words. Many companies are owned by Pension funds and other funds .

Germany,France and China are major shareholders in major businesses.

The state owned Chinese construction company is the largest in the world and has been very active in Nigeria.
Saudi's Aramco is another example. I could go on and on
If government remains a shareholder without being the only shareholder then it can do very well.
A good example is Volkswagen which has one of the German states as a major shareholder.
The EADS is another good example where the French and German governments are shareholders.
yes in Nigeria there are issues that make it difficult for government but that should not elevate the aphorism Government has no business in business " to the status of some heavenly law that Moses brought with him on his tablets of stone. If there are other shareholders in the business and the business is traded on the stock exchange then there is no reason why government should not participate. I believe Deutsche Telekom has major government holding at least 30%

Wema bank too has some government holding so that is a model to be pursued and encouraged .
There are so many business spaces in Nigeria tht can never be occupied by Nigerian players with legitimate funds simply because they cannot compete with existing international players. A good example is the issue of a National carrier. Government should partner with pension funds,state governments and other high net worth individuals in this area
Rather than mindlessly parroting phrases you hardly understand stick to your GEJ till 2019 mantra

The Battle For Democracy: A Poetic Reflection / Clerics At Shettima's Unveiling Not Hired - Tinubu / Meet Solomon Aranse, Police Inspector General (Acting)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55