Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

How To Make A Good Industrial Training - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make A Good Industrial Training (697 Views)

WORTH 180K – APPLY FOR 2017 NLNG (SIWES) INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME / How To Fill Your Siwes Log Book. (a Quick Hint For Nigerian Industrial Training / SIWES And Industrial Training Placements 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Good Industrial Training by Michpatrick4: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2016
Industrial Training is a period when students are allowed to go and learn some skills pertaining to their course of study. It can also be seen as a period when students are allowed to taste a bit of what the world of entrepreneurship has to offer.

Making a good and successful Industrial Training is very easy but it will require a lot from you but I want to assure you that if you follow the tips below, you will see a good reason to beat your hand on your chest and say "I MADE IT".

Tips On How To Make A Good Industrial Training

1. Respect

This is one of the most important aspect of all. During your IT program, make sure you respect everyone be it the one whom you consider less important because you might not know how important that person may be. Of course you know am not meant to remind you that you must equally respect yourself.

2. Always Be Early To Work

Let me start by warning those who go for lectures Late. If you are among this set of people, Please and please, don't do it during your IT. Don't dare show them your real self instead, pretend and make sure you always go to work early. Going to work late is so dangerous as it can cost you your IT placement. So Beware!!!

3. Dress Properly

Some organizations wear different wears to work during different days of the week. Some put on suit on Monday - Thursday and Native or T-shirt and Jeans on Friday. I will advice you to dress as if you are a permanent staff in that organization and make sure you dress decent.

Don't dress properly only at your place of work. Also extend it to your house especially when you are outside the compound. You might think; "I am no longer in my place of work so let me dress anyhow I like". Well, it's good to have such a thought but take for instance, if you are walking down the street dressed in a bum shot (for ladies) and unfortunately you run into your employer. Inside you, you might think that you are Sexy to him :Dbut he would be thinking that you are irresponsible and only a pretender who dresses well only to work embarassed. So Better be careful.

4. Address Everyone With His/Her Title

It is common for some people to address their employers as Orgar or Madam. This, they do thinking that the are impressing their employers. But it is totally on the contrary because you are not impressing them at all. They would only take you as one who is not fully educated. So better behave and call every one with his/her title such as Engr. Patrick, Mr. Benson, Dr. Judith and so on. This would make them know that you are truly educated and Matured. Got it right? So let's continue..

5. Be Sincere

For you to be trusted though maybe not fully because it's hard to trust one who would only work with a company for a short while, you have to be very sincere with everything you do at your work place. Let's use this as an example. Some organizations do have a book where workers write down their name and the time they come for work. It will be very good of you if you write the actual time you come for work. Take for instance, you come to work at 8:30am and write down that it is 8:00am but unfortunately for you, the next person to write his name is your Boss. Take a little bit of your time to think of what would happen next. Got it? Cool!! cool cool

More Important Tips below

http://zonemill.com/how-to-make-a-successful-industrial-training-it-2/
Re: How To Make A Good Industrial Training by Emodeee: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Lalasticlala, this is worthy of front page.
Re: How To Make A Good Industrial Training by Benjom(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2016
This is worthy of note.

(1) (Reply)

Engineering Student Designs Revolutionary Energy Storage Solution / What Course Can I Study With This Result / Solve These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.