Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 (4123 Views)

Police Recruitment: Kaduna Tops List, Bayelsa State Lowest / N-POWER LAGOS Alimosho LGA. Meeting Point / FG And C-STEMP To Train 370,000 Artisans In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by tr3y(m): 1:52am On Jun 05, 2016
Martins301:
Bro life ain't easy and if you are lucky to be in Nigeria, you have to struggle 10 times as hard. Dropped my NYSC garb almost a year ago and began the job hunt. Got frustrated most times and scammed many more times. But I didn't give up and till today, while I wait for the big break, I am still surviving. I pay my own rent and other expenses and save a little for the future.

Don't think all this was possible because of one office job o. No no. I work under the sun and even in the rain (remember that line in NYSC anthem) but majority of income comes from FREELANCING.

Since you have lot's of skills then maybe you should consider selling them as services on platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer. I use one of the three above and I didn't regret my decision. You too can make it through FREELANCING.

I don't advice you to take up any job that will make you work from 7am till 7pm. You will only end up enslaving yourself, especially if the pay can't cover your basic expenses in a month. If you can teach then good. Get a teaching job and combine it with freelancing and you will smile again.

Sorry if my epistle is too long. Just wanted to share my experience with you so you can learn one or two things.

P.S
You need a laptop, an android phone, access to internet and electricity for at least 8-12 hours in a day to start your freelance journey. If you are smart, you can make do without the laptop for the maintine and use just your android (5 inch screen preferably).

OP you seriously want to consider this as you said you have lots of skill.

I started this fiverr stuff few months back as a web dev and although there are days you work like horse at least you are not under anybody.

It is just that Nigeria PHCN/NEPA are not helping matters and fuel price no even make me think of buying generator.
If you have some of the requirements, it is worth a shot.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2016
DMeanMan:
I'm the most positive and cheerful person I know!

But reading the OP's post, I must say I know what it feels.

I may not have been to my "lowest" point, I just must sure concur I've been this close. It is not easy.

Everything just seems so hard!

I wish I had a job for you bro. I wish I had a job for thousands of jobless youths with valid claims. I just don't. As at now I can barely help myself.

I hope we all one day get to that top that look so high and untouchable.

Winners they say never quit. You can't quit, not now. Just keep doing the good things you do. And surely you'll come back and say it was a "crazy" journey. A journey only the brave survives.

Thank you abundantly, its a new day.I feel a lot relieved and motivated to keep pushing.

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 8:27am On Jun 05, 2016
Martins301:
Bro life ain't easy and if you are lucky to be in Nigeria, you have to struggle 10 times as hard. Dropped my NYSC garb almost a year ago and began the job hunt. Got frustrated most times and scammed many more times. But I didn't give up and till today, while I wait for the big break, I am still surviving. I pay my own rent and other expenses and save a little for the future.

Don't think all this was possible because of one office job o. No no. I work under the sun and even in the rain (remember that line in NYSC anthem) but majority of income comes from FREELANCING.

Since you have lot's of skills then maybe you should consider selling them as services on platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer. I use one of the three above and I didn't regret my decision. You too can make it through FREELANCING.

I don't advice you to take up any job that will make you work from 7am till 7pm. You will only end up enslaving yourself, especially if the pay can't cover your basic expenses in a month. If you can teach then good. Get a teaching job and combine it with freelancing and you will smile again.

Sorry if my epistle is too long. Just wanted to share my experience with you so you can learn one or two things.

P.S
You need a laptop, an android phone, access to internet and electricity for at least 8-12 hours in a day to start your freelance journey. If you are smart, you can make do without the laptop for the maintine and use just your android (5 inch screen preferably).

Thank you thank you thank abundantly.
Yes I know about fiverr and upwork. I have even already registered on upwork. I just have a techno 4inch phone, 2 shirts, 1 trouser. 6 white inner shirts (relics from of nysc....lol).
After careful analysis of my situation, I concluded that my most urgent need is "to eat". Once I can sort that out, laptop/steay internet/better phone will be hustled out. I paid my way through school midway through school so I know what I can do with Gods grace.

Brother, your epistle wasn't too long. It was awesome.
Thank you so much.
It's a new day, and I'm fired up already. Thanks so much.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2016
AishaBender:

Sorry abt all that
Try to submit ur CV at hotels around u
Would av really loved to help even if its with little cash BT am a job seeker too
All is well

Yes, all is well! Thanks so much.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 8:30am On Jun 05, 2016
tr3y:

OP you seriously want to consider this as you said you have lots of skill.

I started this fiverr stuff few months back as a web dev and although there are days you work like horse at least you are not under anybody.

It is just that Nigeria PHCN/NEPA are not helping matters and fuel price no even make me think of buying generator.
If you have some of the requirements, it is worth a shot.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by ogawisdom(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:
Today I have waited for 6hrs to meet the manager of a brothel just to work as a waiter for 20k monthly. 11am till now 5:46pm

What kind of life is this?

Petroleum/Gas Engineering graduate from Niger Delta.

God, what have I done wrong?

Why is my life wrought with trials and hardship Despite my humility, uprightness.

I give up.

Pls reject working in a brothel as a waiter shocked take a job elsewhere even if it pays 10k BC ur dignity is abt to be eroded. How can a graduate b serving prostitutes n their customers, even if it will pay 100k I won't allow my enemy work there.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by azelab: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2016
bros we re in the same condition, 4yrs after graduation no job, noting to lay hand upon at the age of 32yrs but i bliv no condition is permanent likewise God's time is the best so dont comit suicide at all, we re very close to the promise land nd It wl b better soon, take it easy broz.

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by plainmirror(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:
Today I have waited for 6hrs to meet the manager of a brothel just to work as a waiter for 20k monthly. 11am till now 5:46pm

What kind of life is this?

Petroleum/Gas Engineering graduate from Niger Delta.

God, what have I done wrong?

Why is my life wrought with trials and hardship Despite my humility, uprightness.

I give up.

You are a man bro. You gotta be strong and dogged for life is for the brave. Someone out there has a more bitter experience.

It is well sire

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:
I've had only one trouser its going to 2 years. And its the trouser I'm wearing.

And these prostitutes looking at me with scorn. I feel like killing someone here. I'm so broken.

And I'll serve these people drinks if I get this job??

And Mobil is in my state??
You should have tried teaching. It's more dignified

Where did I go wrong really Why me??

I'm the most enthusiastic and positive person on earth but today I give up. IT'LL END TODAY.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:
I've had only one trouser its going to 2 years. And its the trouser I'm wearing.

And these prostitutes looking at me with scorn. I feel like killing someone here. I'm so broken.

And I'll serve these people drinks if I get this job??

And Mobil is in my state??

Where did I go wrong really Why me??

I'm the most enthusiastic and positive person on earth but today I give up. IT'LL END TODAY.
You should have tried teaching . It's more dignified you

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:
I'm leaving this place. Maybe Ill come tomorrow. I've tried. I don't know. My head is so heavy. Cobwebs. Im just tired. I'm just tired.

This shoe I'm wearing has walked round transAmadi, GRA in port Harcourt.

I have come with this shoe round yaba, vi, lekki, Surulere, etc...in this Lagos I don't even know well.

People saying learn a skill. I already have sooooooo many skills. No food to eat. I'm owing yam seller outside my house. Owing pure water woman. Owing everybody. They see me, call me nice boy, nice boy, nice boy, ....all my life where has niceness taken me to? No where. Nice in church, singing in church since 1999. Bleep this life men. They only love you when they want you.

I need God right now. I need sleep. Deep sleep.

Thanks in advance for your comments but you really don't have to comment. Just read and thank God for your life. I'll be fine people.

You would be fine.. That comment about one trouser. Got some nice office shirts and trousers that i bought but were just smaller than me as i am tall and dont have the patience to try clothes on when buying. I have been hoarding them at home looking for soneone to give. don't mind if you can specify a place in lagos. would drop it for you. My widows mite.

What do you say?

9 Likes

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Kemzeee1(f): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
God will surely meet with just be prayerful
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Jokenuga(f): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
I understand how you feel abt this but just keep holding up and continue to trust God. I also lost my job in jan due to some coy restructuring... but i'm stil trusting God sha. I can only advice you go to Tusen Consulting in Victoria Island, they recruit majorly for oil and gas. Just go there in person, you will be given a form to fill.Anything positive could surface. #Godisincharge.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
ogawisdom:

Pls reject working in a brothel as a waiter shocked take a job elsewhere even if it pays 10k BC ur dignity is abt to be eroded. How can a graduate b serving prostitutes n their customers, even if it will pay 100k I won't allow my enemy work there.

Ok thanks bro
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
x240:

You would be fine.. That comment about one trouser. Got some nice office shirts and trousers that i bought but were just smaller than me as i am tall and dont have the patience to try clothes on when buying. I have been hoarding them at home looking for soneone to give. don't mind if you can specify a place in lagos. would drop it for you. My widows mite.

What do you say?

Sent you a mail. Thanks. Appreciated. God bless you.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Odunharry(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
All is well

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
Jokenuga:
I understand how you feel abt this but just keep holding up and continue to trust God. I also lost my job in jan due to some coy restructuring... but i'm stil trusting God sha. I can only advice you go to Tusen Consulting in Victoria Island, they recruit majorly for oil and gas. Just go there in person, you will be given a form to fill.Anything positive could surface. #Godisincharge.

Sorry about your job loss.

I'll be at Tusen first thing tomorrow. Where exactly in VI?? I'll also check it out online now.

Thanks so much for your input.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thank you to the individual with this phone number 0909 ### 6700. God bless you abundantly.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Arisheloaded(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kelvinblaize:
MARTINS301
Since you have
lot's of skills then maybe you should consider selling them as services on platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer. I use one of the three above and I didn't regret my decision. You too can make it through FREELANCING.

P.S
You need a laptop, an android phone, access to internet and electricity for at least 8-12 hours in a day to start your freelance journey. If you are smart, you can make do without the laptop for the maintine and use just your android (5 inch screen preferably)....Bro pls am very much interested in this but I really don't have a good knowledge in it. I stay in delta

I'm interested.

larishekola@gmail.com
07033255396, 08184355474
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by remsonik(f): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Op it is well, pls send me a pm. If you can keep pushing,all will be well!
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by PoisonedOne: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:

I'll be at Tusen first thing tomorrow. Where exactly in VI?? I'll also check it out online now.

Thanks so much for your input.
I don't know how to use this PM stuff, please send me a pm and direct me on how to use it to reply you.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Jokenuga(f): 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
The address is 5,balarabe musa crescent, Victoria Island, Eti-Osa, Lagos. All the best quote author=IhAvEaJoB01 post=46299230]

Thanks so much for your input.[/quote]
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by An0nimus: 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Kelvinblaize:
MARTINS301
Bro pls am very much interested in this but I really don't have a good knowledge in it. I stay in delta
cletz991:
am interested too
Arisheloaded:

I'm interested.

Read this thread from start to finish https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site.

Arisheloaded you should avoid putting your contact on public forums. My two cents

@Ihaveajob1 All is well my brother

2 Likes

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by macaranta(m): 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by Arisheloaded(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
An0nimus:

Read this thread from start to finish https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site.

Arisheloaded you should avoid putting your contact on public forums. My two cents

@Ihaveajob1 All is well my brother

Noted sir.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by PoisonedOne: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
IhAvEaJoB01:

Sent you a mail. Thanks. Appreciated. God bless you.
I am waiting for your confirmation of something ;I sent you a mail. Do reply in due course.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by IhAvEaJoB01: 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
PoisonedOne:
I am waiting for your confirmation of something ;I sent you a mail. Do reply in due course.

I can't thank you enough. I have replied.
Re: Lowest Point In My Life In 2016 by emmanuelbrown26: 8:13am On Oct 09, 2016
Martins301:

P.S
bros i will like to learn this stuff

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Entry Level / Pls Help Have Been Given Two Weeks To Get A Job / Nigerian Army SSC47/2021 And DSSC26/2021 Recruitment - Application Procedure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.