Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) (1430 Views)

Anambra Church Introduces 1trillion Naira Note Issued By Central Bank Of Heaven / Are You A REAL Or FAKE Student Of The University Of Heaven? / Science & The Bible Give Clues About The Location Of Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2016
[b]New International Version
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.

Living Translation
And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it.

English Standard Version
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

Berean Study Bible
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subject to violence, and the violent lay claim to it.
Berean Literal Bible
i

And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of the heavens is taken by violence and the violent seize it.
New American Standard Bible

"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
King James Bible

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been suffering violence, and the violent have been seizing it by force.

International Standard Version
"From the days of John the Baptist until the present, the kingdom from heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people have been attacking it,

NET Bible
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and forceful people lay hold of it.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“From the days of Yohannan The Baptizer until this hour the Kingdom of Heaven is led by force and the violent are seizing it.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
From the time of John the Baptizer until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful people have been seizing it.

New American Standard 1977
“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.

Jubilee Bible 2000
From the days of John the Baptist until now, life is given unto the kingdom of the heavens, and the valiant take hold of it.

King James 2000 Bible
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

American King James Version
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

American Standard Version
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and men of violence take it by force.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent bear it away.

Darby Bible Translation
But from the days of John the baptist until now, the kingdom of the heavens is taken by violence, and [the] violent seize on it.

English Revised Version
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and men of violence take it by force.

Webster's Bible Translation
And from the days of John the Baptist, until now, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Weymouth New Testament
But from the time of John the Baptist till now, the Kingdom of the Heavens has been suffering violent assault, and the violent have been seizing it by force.

World English Bible
From the days of John the Baptizer until now, the Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Young's Literal Translation
'And, from the days of John the Baptist till now, the reign of the heavens doth suffer violence, and violent men do take it by force,[/b]

The above Bible verse has really been a "cold" source of worry to me anytime I remember or I'm being reminded of the verse, I really want to know what it means cuz I get confused when any Pastor, Bible teacher, evangelist, or any cleric is trying to explain that verse. At every point I get a different interpretation, so please Bible scholars and theologians in the house, helps us do justice to the verse.
Re: ...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) by dorox(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2016
This is how the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES rendered that verse, which to me makes more sense.
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it.
Re: ...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) by horlarwhalhe: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2016
Meaning is slave mentally and spiritually disorder without knowing thyself the kingdom of suffered violent
Re: ...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
horlarwhalhe:
Meaning is slave mentally and spiritually disorder without knowing thyself the kingdom of suffered violent

this is parabolic...

(1) (Reply)

Satan Cannot Come Before God To Accuse You - Joseph Prince / Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Case To Remove “In God We Trust” From Money / Is Shunning Pagan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.