Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,406 members, 7,911,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:38 PM

9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University (2380 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. / 13 Everyday Things You’ve Been Doing Wrong All Your Life (see Photos) / What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Boy101(m): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2016
[size=17pt]1. “A is for God.”[/size]

Because I failed in school, I shall not let you pass.

[size=17pt]2. “You think it’s me you’re doing?”[/size]

Just continue

[size=17pt]3. “It is not compulsory to buy the handout.”[/size]

But class rep, write down the names of those who bought the handout and submit in my office

[size=17pt]4. Attendance is not compulsory.[/size]

Because education is a democracy.

[size=17pt]5. But at the entrance of the exam hall, “If you don’t have 70% attendance, don’t bother writing this exam.”[/size]

You think you have sense abi?

[size=17pt]6. If you fail this test, I can’t epp you.[/size]

A word they say is enough for the wise

[size=17pt]7. That time you tried to explain to them that you missed the test because…[/size]

[size=17pt]8. Last year, only 4 people passed this course.[/size]

No, failure doesn’t mean I’m a horrible teacher. It means you’re horrible students.

[size=17pt]9. Your area of concentration starts at the acknowledgments section and ends at the back of the textbook. That’s all.[/size]

See you at the exam hall.

http://life.partyjollof.com

Feel free to add yours grin

5 Likes

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by shamack: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2016
lol
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by zyzxx(m): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
grin grin I don't collect money and dey collect Dan sharaki
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
ur so on point... na god go judge all the lecturers..

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Dfinex(f): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
lolss....that number 3 , #@ur own risk o
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Youpele52: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
Number 9 is hitlerious grin
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Savigne(f): 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
Spot on..
My religion lecturer used to say that A is for God,B is for the lecturer while C is for serious students.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Idydarling(f): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
guy, I dey feel you esp that prof on Eng 322, that man is something else
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by georgementday(m): 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
No iota of empathy for their students
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by georgementday(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
They look at students as if they are not humans

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Launcher: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
If you like fail, we are still here for you. Fail as many time as you like.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by marwanafrica: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
All are true, especially in IBBUL
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Mikocake(m): 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
haha...can relate to A is for God part...chai naija
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by jamalnation(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol mehn no 3... Almost all d lecture dose dat
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by ReabridCharles(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
Wake me up when we hit front page
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Mskrisx(f): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
lalasticlala oya naaaaa

Fp laaaa
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
shout out to those good lecturers e.g Dr Oyedun. this man is not only a genius, he is also a teacher. funny enough the good ones are usually civilized, approachable and kind.
cheers to those few lecturers that take it upon themselves to make students' lives difficult. funny enough, they usually don't pass any message in their classes. in fact, you will prefer to read it at your hall if not for attendance.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by calmdude(m): 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol
When you ask them a question in class and they tell u to wait...... They'll get back to u on or before the next class grin
OLODO tongue
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by tulipsmadra: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Just remembered MTH 211 lecturer, he's always like "if your name is not in my book of life (handout)...... PEC 223 will be like question 1 is not compulsory but necessary. But question 1alone na 30 marks.
Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2016

Re: 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University by Donkaz(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
If you don't buy my textbook and you want to check your name in my database press CNTRL "F".
Eng217

(1) (Reply)

Geology Or Petroleum Engineering? / How Is The Lagos State Teaching Service Salary Structure? / Read How To Apply And Win The Chevening Scholarships In The UK As A Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.