Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,138 members, 7,946,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

23 And Enterprising, Nwafor Is Building An Empire - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 23 And Enterprising, Nwafor Is Building An Empire (689 Views)

Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / Jos Coffee Company Plans To Build An Empire / Sandile Shezi: How Forex Made 23-Year-Old South African A Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

23 And Enterprising, Nwafor Is Building An Empire by zayzee(f): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
The new edition of Drive magazine is out! Our theme for this June edition is ‘The Assassin Called Comfort Zone’.

In this edition:
-Meet Seyitola Adams, the girl who attempted suicide, but lived to tell her story.
-5 businesses you can start without capital.
-Meet Nwafor Victoria, a young and intelligent CEO
-‘The Entrepreneur’ who is living her dream as her hobby brings her money.
-Forget your degree. Start a business.
-And the captivating and inspiring columns
Download your free copies at www.zayzeewrites.com/drive

Interview Intro:

23 and enterprising, Nwafor is building an empire
I first crossed paths with Victoria in the virtual world, back in 2014. We were both members of a Facebook business group and it was the showcase of her products that caught my attention.
The then 21 year old Business Administration/Management undergraduate of the Yaba Colleges of Technology, Lagos, told me in an interview that she was self-trained in her Ankara accessories making craft.
Though her company, NVP Fashion World, named after herself (Nwafor Victoria Peace) was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2014, her business began back in 2013.
Her motivation to follow this fashion path was born out of her love for fashion. “I really love looking good, so I take the time to design what I wear and when I noticed that I could make matching shoes and bags, I took up the skill and never looked back,” she said. In addition to Ankara shoes and bags, she also makes dresses, accessories like bangles, earrings, necklaces, hair accessories, hand fans and note books. “I make the note books as souvenirs for parties.”
Operating in a very competitive market, Victoria still dedicates time to train others in the craft. She describes herself as someone who loves to impact lives with knowledge, sharing the gift that was freely given to her by God. Another reason for her training sessions she said, is the high rate of unemployment in the country. “I believe that if women and youths can get their hands on a form of skill, it would help them with little finance and also reduce unemployment in the country, one way or another,” she said.
One of her challenges back then was the fact that she wasn’t taken seriously due to her age, an issue that most attendees of her trainings had when they came face to face with her. But that was then and this is now.
In this interview two years later, Victoria discusses the market, new challenges, self-empowerment amongst others.

Re: 23 And Enterprising, Nwafor Is Building An Empire by ezechueze(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

1 Like

Re: 23 And Enterprising, Nwafor Is Building An Empire by zayzee(f): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
ezechueze:
Motivating

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Details Of New NCC Payment Plan For MTN Fine. / A Student Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Stages Protest Against Eco-bank[photos] / Breaking News: United Airlines Reconsidering Decision To Pull Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.