Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,797 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:00 AM

Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post (40152 Views)

Oduduwa Republic Will Be Realised And Nothing Can Stop It- FFK / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There’s One Way To Stop It –financial Post / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There’s One Way To Stop It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by timota(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2016
ikbnice:
*yawns*
I just woke up, has the avengers damaged Aso Rock already, I thought they say the missiles would be launched at midnight and this is morning already.
*yawns agains and goes back to sleep*
Avengers did not make such statement it was a different group. Avengers are peaceful people that do not want to shed innocent blood

4 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by jollymizzle(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2016
YorubaHighness:

No. Gullibo nlers ensured that the missile went through onitsha and enugu as it made it way to ask rock.
Lmao @ gullibo.no start kasala o grin.but you are right,the missile has to follow these paths so the supporters can cheer it on

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
The NDA should ensure they protect the lives of the innocent civilians living in the community or better still take them to some place safe before the missile launch. They should also use this opportunity to go into an alliance with countries like Russia, North Korea, China, France, Germany and Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by IAMJojo(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
softtouch2:
Propaganda written by disgruntled terrorizing-Biafrans!
softtouch2:
softtouch2:
B criouse
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by canDy4eva(f): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2016
YorubaHighness:

As if Buhari will be the one to suffer. Gullibos and their short sightedness.
dnt mind dem... By d tym d 2 elephants decides to fyt, hmm, na d grass. *common Nigerians* that will sufer...#fact#
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by agabaI23(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2016
softtouch2:
So this guy is a Biafran? Interesting!

14 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by mayorchelsea(m): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2016
We know them;the writers of such stupid articles.Please continue to use every foreign media available for your course but when they turn around and write something else about your struggles,do not come here to groan.
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by scachy(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2016
I hope they are still playing blame games?
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by gateleo(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2016
My father bought a 2015 Toyota Corolla for me as my birthday gift. But my elder brother took the car keys and he has been driving my car round town for many days to carry his friends and his girlfriend, and he doesn't allow me to drive my own car. I got angry and fed up of it all. I took a mental rod to smashed the windscreen of my car, poured gasoline on my car and i set fire on it. I destroyed the car beyond repair because i was angry so my elder brother could no longer drive my car anymore. Few Minutes after i destroyed my car, i realized i have taken the wrong decision. I should have simply and rightfully collected the car key from my elder brother because the car belongs to me. I regret my actions. I wish i could turn back the hands of time. This brings me to my topic.

DESTROYING MY OWN PROPERTY IN THE NAME OF ANGER.

"ANGER" is one letter short of "DANGER". This is what the Niger Delta Avenger (NDA) do not know. They destroy their own properties, aquatic lives and lands in other to stop federal government from having access to oil, instead of taking total control of the oil facilities and manage it. With due respect i would say they are most foolish.

The Libya militants never destroy pipelines and refineries in Libya. They took control of the pipelines and refineries, sell the products to raise funds for themselves and those they fight for. They are wise to know that destroying their pipelines and refineries would result to great loss not only to the government but to them as well, and also cause environmental pollutant and health problems.

When you blow up pipelines and oil facilities, the toxic burning out from the flames is poisonous to cause health problems like cancers and other ailment in the body as people inhale the polluted atmosphere. When pipelines and oil facilities are destroyed, the spill destroy crops, farm lands, and aquatic lives. the few lands left for people to farm are being destroyed and the bush animals are being caught up in wide fires set by the NDA to destroy government properties.

The Niger Delta Avengers should have known better that they are doing more damages to the innocent people of Niger Delta than the Federal government.

If they had taken control of these oil facilities and were selling the oils to buyers, i would have been more glad and support their quest. But they acted foolishly like a man destroying his own car to prevent his brother from driving his car, instead of just collecting the car keys.

With due respect, Rethink Niger Delta Avengers and stop this act of wickedness.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by tammie24: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2016
whirlwind7:
All you morons up there saying thrash. Do you need a prophet to tell you guys that we are headed for a failed state? Once the crunch occurs, many of you are going to become victims.

Every single politician, both actively engaged or otherwise, knows that this system is not working, and IT CAN NEVER WORK except there is a massive restructuring of governance. They just pay lip service about things getting better soon because supporting the entity called Nigeria is what puts money in their pocket.
Let's assume the NDA suddenly repents and disengage from destroying oil facilities, and Boko Haram makes peace with itself and the society, what happens next? We keep operating a sham system based on ethnicity and nepotism. Way to go! Will it stop the rampaging herdsmen from their activities? Will it make the Fulanis suddenly realize that every other tribe has an equal stake, and nobody can be lord over others?

The sooner we face reality, the better chances we have at coming out of this predicament intact. We don't have a nation. We have never had anything close to a real nation since independence. For all those who keep pointing accusing fingers at other tribes, saying IPOB or Biafra is behind the report. Ask yourselves one very honest question: Would you willingly give your life up in exchange for your so called country? If you were told that your death would mean a better Nigeria, are you patriotic enough to forfeit your life for that?

Test your loyalty then. Know where your allegiance truly lies.
I agree

Totally!!!
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by LEAFLET(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2016
Almost a thousand people viewing this thread and all some people could do is mutter rubbish and try to blame a certain tribe of propaganda and other utter terms thereby ignoring the main message contained in the article. Truth is that Tribal consciousness is a very huge aspect of living and before people will have a very major nationalistic approach towards a country there must be a feeling of attachment which is lacking in most Nigerians. Being a country based on tolerance and accepting that we are one will not foster that national unity alone. The quest of secretion is borne out of may years of trying and trying to coexist and then finally realizing that it's never going to be the case and a certain generation feel they owe the coming generation a society where there will be something to die for. Nigeria is a forced entity and it doesn't take rocket science to see that.

7 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Chrisx1x(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2016
Noneroone:
He who has ear let him hear
sorry,our dear president have ear infection so he can't hear properly

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Bimpe29: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Hnm! May God not let it happen. Do you want to tell me there are no such issues at the region or geo-political zones. Let our minds be disabused, it can work and become a better nation, the same way a marriage ravaged by crisis works when couples let go of entire conflicts/disagreements.
How can Nigeria split without large scale loss of lives and properties?. What we need is to be more tolerant, patriotic and liberal.
Our problems are occassioned by religion extremism, tribalism and insincerity on the parts of leaders and led.
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by x12345678x: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Dee60:
I personally have nothing against those who say they want to break up. But I do not agree that this is the answer. Maybe we need re-structuring so that we should have only 6 states (max) and resources allocated in a proportionate manner based on resources. This in itself will not deliver eldorado.

The problem with Nigeria is with Nigerians. Give the South Easterners control today and you will see big fight over MONEY! Give the south west control and you will see power struggle of the first order. Give the North control and you will see NEPOTISM at play.

Let us stop folling ourselves.

In fact, most of the things pointed at by Finacial Post might be FOREIGN-SPONSORED! Some people out there can smell the potential of Nigeria to become great but sadly Nigerians cannot see that. It might surprise anyone that the sponsors of BH are not those riff-raffs in Sambisa and that the people behind NDA may be sitting somewhere far west away from Nigeria.

Well, as I said, if people want to go to their tents, it is a good wish but never fool yourself that secssion will solve any problem. It may only aggravate it.

I like ur write up and I fink u wrote in the sincerety of ur heart, but I must ask; do u fink this system is d best we can operate on?...is there an improved alternative we should exploit? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by ridwanayo(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2016
This thread stinks of bigotry,hatred directed by some people to the noble yoruba tribeyou guys should get ur bia--- nd leave our region jorh,u guys keep shouting our oyel nd its only 2 s.east state dat produce oil.una poil self no reach d one wey they ondo.u guys always wishing yoruba could be wipped out of earth surface,whay are u so filled with hatred oga oh.when you are going just tell linda nd other igbo's in s.west nd those ones in ladipo to carry there house nd dere store,don't forget to tell shoekudi to carry his galla to go nd hawk in biafra cause we are gonna form our own republic.nd please take all the land,soil,water nd plant in lago with u since u are the ones that brought it to lagos

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Adminisher: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2016
ikbnice:
*yawns*
I just woke up, has the avengers damaged Aso Rock already, I thought they say the missiles would be launched at midnight and this is morning already.
*yawns agains and goes back to sleep*
Even if missiles didnt fly, the threat worked sha. See as FG calls for dialogue.

People are just doing scaremongering and some others are exciting themselves into a frenzy about Nigeria breaking up. That is not going to happen in 200 years.

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by FunmiOdogun(f): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2016
omenka! omenka!! omenka!!!

oya come and cry on this thread that is on front page. grin grin grin grin

fulanimafia/Quotasystem, 7lives, modath, obailala, Ngeneukwuenu, fiizznation how body? tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by FunmiOdogun(f): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2016
This country made a very big mistake by thinking that you can supress and maginalise a big tribe like the Igbo.

12 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Chrisx1x(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2016
gateleo:
My father bought a 2015 Toyota Corolla for me as my birthday gift. But my elder brother took the car keys and he has been driving my car round town for many days to carry his friends and his girlfriend, and he doesn't allow me to drive my own car. I got angry and fed up of it all. I took a mental rod to smashed the windscreen of my car, poured gasoline on my car and i set fire on it. I destroyed the car beyond repair because i was angry so my elder brother could no longer drive my car anymore. Few Minutes after i destroyed my car, i realized i have taken the wrong decision. I should have simply and rightfully collected the car key from my elder brother because the car belongs to me. I regret my actions. I wish i could turn back the hands of time. This brings me to my topic.

DESTROYING MY OWN PROPERTY IN THE NAME OF ANGER.

"ANGER" is one letter short of "DANGER". This is what the Niger Delta Avenger (NDA) do not know. They destroy their own properties, aquatic lives and lands in other to stop federal government from having access to oil, instead of taking total control of the oil facilities and manage it. With due respect i would say they are most foolish.

The Libya militants never destroy pipelines and refineries in Libya. They took control of the pipelines and refineries, sell the products to raise funds for themselves and those they fight for. They are wise to know that destroying their pipelines and refineries would result to great loss not only to the government but to them as well, and also cause environmental pollutant and health problems.

When you blow up pipelines and oil facilities, the toxic burning out from the flames is poisonous to cause health problems like cancers and other ailment in the body as people inhale the polluted atmosphere. When pipelines and oil facilities are destroyed, the spill destroy crops, farm lands, and aquatic lives. the few lands left for people to farm are being destroyed and the bush animals are being caught up in wide fires set by the NDA to destroy government properties.

The Niger Delta Avengers should have known better that they are doing more damages to the innocent people of Niger Delta than the Federal government.

If they had taken control of these oil facilities and were selling the oils to buyers, i would have been more glad and support their quest. But they acted foolishly like a man destroying his own car to prevent his brother from driving his car, instead of just collecting the car keys.

With due respect, Rethink Niger Delta Avengers and stop this act of wickedness.

God bless Nigeria.
athough you made a reasonable point there,i think seizing pipelines won't be that easy as it will only amount to a declaration of war.lives would be lost if such happens

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by lastpage: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2016
softtouch2:

Dont mind the Financial Foolish Times.

The "only solution" they see to all our problems, is the break-up of the country!

- They dont see increased farming/Agriculture,
- they dont see building own Refineries so we stop importing PMS,
- they dont see building New power Stations so that stable power will lead to development of Entrepreneurship,
- they dont see Religious tolerance,
- they dont see the "War against Corruption" which has meant our resources resides in a Bank in their Financial times's Western Countries,
- they dont see improvement in our Educational sector....

The only thing this IPAD-Financial Times writer see is Bi@fraud?

Amadioha punish Satan within our midst!
Yeeeyeee dey smell
angry angry

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Vulu: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2016
DaBullIT:

So Nigeria is the enemy ? That's not a kind of thing a foreign media would write

Who was the enemy before you God-forsaken cowardly muslim pro-fulani!

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nnachuka(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

tahhhhh.....nigeria doesnt need your loyalty...you igbos love money too much...we will pay you to fight.....

whatever............
people like you with time become obsolete and irrelevant. There is still room for you to be renewed.

3 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by RedCapChief(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2016
Nigeria doesn't need cash. It needs good governance

Gbam! This is the summation of the article. I know people will scream that the Financial Post is an IPOB publication. grin

4 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Bsf4life(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nnachuka(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2016
lastpage:

Dont mind the Financial Foolish Times.

The "only solution" they see to all our problems, is the break-up of the country!

- They dont see increased farming/Agriculture,
- they dont see building own Refineries so we stop importing PMS,
- they dont see building New power Stations so that stable power will lead to development of Entrepreneurship,
- they dont see Religious tolerance,
- they dont see the "War against Corruption" which has meant our resources resides in a Bank in their Financial times's Western Countries,
- they dont see improvement in our Educational sector....

The only thing this IPAD-Financial Times writer see is Bi@fraud?

Amadioha punish Satan within our midst!
Yeeeyeee dey smell
angry angry

Lastpage!
improvement in what sector sorry, I hope it wasn't education you meant to say was it?

9 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by TheVictorious(m): 9:37am On Jun 07, 2016
If you read Nigeria's 5 Majors, you will agree w that Nigeria is in the same state that led to the overthrow of the first republic govt. OR probably even in a graver state.

4 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Vulu: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

you can not defeat us in our own house,,,impossible.....

give up....we are stronger than you...........you can be happy,we even starved you sef,to quickly end the war...

if they main hausa fighting-divisions had enter the east,,,,then....goood night........

we saved your lifes.....

the yorubas tried to reason with you,the north will not even try...................they will massacker all of you bossos....

we saved your lifes!!!!....

Says a yoruba muslim that celebrated the release of the hausas who massacred his brothers in mile 12. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by mekonglobal(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2016
whirlwind7:
All you morons up there saying thrash. Do you need a prophet to tell you guys that we are headed for a failed state? Once the crunch occurs, many of you are going to become victims.

Every single politician, both actively engaged or otherwise, knows that this system is not working, and IT CAN NEVER WORK except there is a massive restructuring of governance. They just pay lip service about things getting better soon because supporting the entity called Nigeria is what puts money in their pocket.
Let's assume the NDA suddenly repents and disengage from destroying oil facilities, and Boko Haram makes peace with itself and the society, what happens next? We keep operating a sham system based on ethnicity and nepotism. Way to go! Will it stop the rampaging herdsmen from their activities? Will it make the Fulanis suddenly realize that every other tribe has an equal stake, and nobody can be lord over others?

The sooner we face reality, the better chances we have at coming out of this predicament intact. We don't have a nation. We have never had anything close to a real nation since independence. For all those who keep pointing accusing fingers at other tribes, saying IPOB or Biafra is behind the report. Ask yourselves one very honest question: Would you willingly give your life up in exchange for your so called country? If you were told that your death would mean a better Nigeria, are you patriotic enough to forfeit your life for that?

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by LasoulMacuby(m): 9:40am On Jun 07, 2016
whirlwind7:

Same question you should ask yourself. Will you?
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Endison: 9:40am On Jun 07, 2016
whirlwind7:

God must surely bless u.. .there's no two ways about it. U don't have a choice!

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nnachuka(m): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2016
ridwanayo:
This thread stinks of bigotry,hatred directed by some people to the noble yoruba tribeyou guys should get ur bia--- nd leave our region jorh,u guys keep shouting our oyel nd its only 2 s.east state dat produce oil.una poil self no reach d one wey they ondo.u guys always wishing yoruba could be wipped out of earth surface,whay are u so filled with hatred oga oh.when you are going just tell linda nd other igbo's in s.west nd those ones in ladipo to carry there house nd dere store,don't forget to tell shoekudi to carry his galla to go nd hawk in biafra cause we are gonna form our own republic.nd please take all the land,soil,water nd plant in lago with u since u are the ones that brought it to lagos
I can feel your anger and hate but trust me it never gets anyone anywhere, and you should at least be sensitive and sensible in all your are saying, that is wisdom. I wish you well, have a nice day, I'm an Igbo and solicit for the disintegration of the East from Nigeria not in war but in peace, regardless I wish Nigeria all the best and you too, no blood which has been shed was irrelevant, we don't want war but peace, with all the hatred I ask, what has the igbos done to offend?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra / Jones Fayose Flies In From Canada To Welcome Atiku In Ekiti. Photos / Confusion In Kano As APC, PDP Embark On Victory Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.