Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others (1875 Views)

Swapped Boko Haram Commander Threatens To Bomb Abuja In New Video / Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by masterblogger(m): 6:27am On Jun 07, 2016
The new militant group, Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF), that
threatened to launch six missiles tuesday, has vowed to target key
government institutions, including the State House, Abuja.

Also listed for hit in Abuja are the Defence Headquarters, Department of State
Services (DSS), Police Headquarters, the National Assembly Complex, Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Towers, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN),
Supreme Court/Appeal Court, NLNG office and Agip headquarters.

Others on the militants’ radar include Chevron headquarters and Exxon Mobil,
both in Lagos; the Kaduna Refinery and all military formations in Abuja, Lagos,
Kaduna and Benue States.

But worried about the debilitating effects of the militants’ violent activities on
oil production, the mainstay of the nation’s economy, the federal government
said yesterday that it had constituted a committee to engage the militant
groups who have continued to bomb oil production facilities in the Niger Delta.
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, who
disclosed this to reporters monday night in Abuja, explained that the move
was aimed at halting the deadly attacks, which had made Nigeria’s oil
production drop to 1.6 million barrels per day (mbpd).

Kachikwu said the team to dialogue with the militants would be coordinated by
the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), and it would include
himself, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Usani Uguru; and select thought
leaders; kings and influential individuals from the Niger Delta.

He said the government would take its time to engage the militants, adding
that their activities had seen the country’s oil production drop in volumes.
“The president has appointed a team led by the NSA and I serve in one of
those, to begin the process of a very intensive dialogue with those caught in
the middle of this,” said Kachikwu.

He further stated: “I am sure that in the ensuing one week, the intensity of that
dialogue will wrap up.”
To allow for the dialogue, Kachikwu said: “The NSA is going to be working with
the various arms of the armed forces to descale the intensity of military
intervention in the area within a week or two so that dialogue can take place.”
“We are making contacts with everybody who is involved, the ones that we
can identify, through them, the ones that we can’t identify so that there is a lot
more inclusiveness in this dialogue.

“Our prayer is that this works so that we can resort to dialogue rather than use
of force,” he added.
Speaking more on the character of people who would be part of the dialogue,
Kachikwu said: “In terms of those on the committee, the NSA, myself, the
service chiefs, the list itself is expanding as we put the final touches in place.

Source - http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/07/fg-moves-to-dialogue-as-militants-renew-threat-to-bomb-abuja-others/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by apogeez(m): 6:29am On Jun 07, 2016
De hav't gone already
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by jamesharryson(m): 6:30am On Jun 07, 2016
Good morning Nigeria. See when the government woke up. Indeed, the warning Africans adhere to is low battery

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by lorenzo9096: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2016
buhari sycophants almost praised him to doom.

5 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by dorocent(m): 6:33am On Jun 07, 2016
Shey na 2day dem talk?.. Ok make I grab pop-corn n alimo bitter dey wait fr d news...
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by momentum85(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2016
This has gotten out of hand, now FG has woken up! PMB has nothing to show for his numerous trips outside Nigeria, oh!! I forgot he's deaf but even a deaf and dumb can still use signs to address issues. Abeg JNDLF make una face Aso rock bring am down. Good morning Buhari, good morning FG
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by Flets: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2016
With destruction in our trails
With loss of civilian and military lives
With a resultant comatose economy
With revenue and job losses

Despite global warnings against use of force, an adamant, irresponsible, dumb government plunged head in.

Shamefully, they backed out after facing a reality they would have easily thought through. This has to be the worst government ever in the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by molydonhenry(m): 6:38am On Jun 07, 2016
Nothing Will happen, my grandfather z a hardcore native doctor, he has assured me he will use his powerful witchcraft missile remote to redirect it the sea. So relax
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by Lytech(m): 6:39am On Jun 07, 2016
Good news... Like play like play,we will get our independent from this politifians.. Up next is southwest,watch out!!!
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by Aniwhyte(m): 6:41am On Jun 07, 2016
Na wa ooo, what is this country turning into.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by ever811(m): 6:42am On Jun 07, 2016
just call them,dash them money,they will hail u and go flexing..asari did it so who won't?
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by sight: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by staymore: 6:50am On Jun 07, 2016
I heard Abuja is under serious movements here and there right now, guess people are busy going to work.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 6:57am On Jun 07, 2016
I don't think these guys actually have what they claim. The only thing they have is empty loud mouth. If you truly have it, yuou would have carried out the attack before talking about it. Boko haram Dont make much noise; they finish with bombing before talking about it. These guys are empoty bunch.

They should also know that their fellow Niger delta brothers are working/employed in virtually all the targets they plan to "bomb". Bombing those places is like killing their own brothers and rendering their brothers jobless. Useless smooth headed fuuuls.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by Fyno: 7:03am On Jun 07, 2016
It is clear Buhari is not a party to this dialogue.
His ear is blocked.
Buhari is deaf
He will soon be dumb
You know deaf is always followed by dumb.
He will become incapacitated
And .................
Kachikwu will now manage Amina

5 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by MarshRiley(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:
I don't think these guys actually have what they claim. The only thing they have is empty loud mouth. If you truly have it, yuou would have carried out the attack before talking about it. Boko haram Dont make much noise; they finish with bombing before talking about it. These guys are empoty bunch.

They should also know that their fellow Niger delta brothers are working/employed in virtually all the targets they plan to "bomb". Bombing those places is like killing their own brothers and rendering their brothers jobless. Useless smooth headed fuuuls.
Osheeeeee undecided
Zombie chairman

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 7:14am On Jun 07, 2016
MarshRiley:

Osheeeeee undecided
Zombie chairman

Go tell that to your empty barrel brothers, who are only good in making empty noise. Missile ko, fimisile ni.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by MarshRiley(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Go tell that to your empty barrel brothers, who are only good in making empty noise. Missile ko, fimisile ni.
I don't know why you are taking the missiles personal
Is it your money we used to buy the missile?
Is it your family the missile will kill?
Even the Nigerian government sef are not crying the way you're crying,she no go kill your self....weyrey

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by medinho: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

they are not after human lives hence the warning unlike bokoharam
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2016
MarshRiley:

I don't know why you are taking the missiles personal
Is it your money we used to buy the missile?
Is it your family the missile will kill?
Even the Nigerian government sef are not crying the way you're crying,she no go kill your self....weyrey

Stop lying. You have no missile

Do me a favour; Dont listen to anyone that says you shouldn't detonate the missile.

I will believe you when the missile actually goes off.

Empty barrels!
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2016
medinho:

they are not after human lives hence the warning unlike bokoharam

You can bet your last dime on it that these guys have nothing. If they do, they will act instead of making useless noise
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by feldido(m): 7:29am On Jun 07, 2016
Dialogue doesn't show one is weak, it shows you have the other at heart and don't want crisis.

Nice move FG but don't you think it's coming Late?

We are always reactive instead of being proactive in curtailing Crisis in Nigeria.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by feldido(m): 7:31am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Do me a favour; Dont listen to anyone that says you shouldn't detonate the missile.

Empty barrels!

This will only escalate things, don't underestimate any Man, humans are becoming Heartless day by day.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 7:33am On Jun 07, 2016
feldido:

This will only escalate things, don't underestimate any Man, humans are becoming Heartless day by day.

Dont mind them. They've got nothing.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by xmich(m): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2016
The fear of militants is the beginning of wisdom
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by feldido(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Dont mind them. They've got nothing.

But the Government don't believe they can't, they're seeking for Dialogue, Do you know why?
They have shown what they are capable of.
This is 21st century, getting arms is like buying Indomie.
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by seunny4lif(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin grin
This is Impossible mission 5 grin grin grin
But who come direct this movie cool cool

Using the lastest 10D cool cool

This movie to sweet die cool
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by MarshRiley(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Empty barrels!
Just drop your home address,maybe when d nuke goes off on you,you'll believe
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 8:07am On Jun 07, 2016
MarshRiley:

Just drop your home address,maybe when d nuke goes off on you,you'll believe

So, it has come to home address now, abi?

Well, I stay at KM 16 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt. So, please bring on the missile

Empty set of people
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by MarshRiley(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

So, it has come to home address now, abi?

Well, I stay at KM 16 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt. So, please bring on the missile

Empty set of people
Lol,he's scared
Abeg have a nice day
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by BossKratos: 8:22am On Jun 07, 2016
cheesy

Too much noise abeg! These people should be called the "niger delta noisemakers"!
Re: FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others by tonytony208(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2016
MarshRiley:

Lol,he's scared
Abeg have a nice day

Scared ko

Shebi I don give you my address now? Come and drop missile now. Which one is scared again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The USA Will Not Arrest Aisha Buhari Because Of Immunity / Edo Poll: Live Update From The Edo Election Petition Tribunal / See What Tinubu Square Bus-stop,Lagos Looks Like In Mid 1930s(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.