Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,861 members, 7,912,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:18 AM

To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven (3783 Views)

9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Decker:

So basically, what you are trying to say is that God's purpose for creating you is to serve and worship him, and the reward for serving and worshiping him on earth, is to serve and worship him forever in heaven. Wow. What a great purpose. And how did you come about this idea? The words of some ancient hebrew book.

You see, this is the kind of mindset that would drive a man to murder another man, out service to his God. Because nothing matters on earth. The relationships you build with people doesn't matter. Your own personal goals and aspirations doesn't matter. Your service to humanity doesn't matter. Nothing else matters, all that matters is your service to God and if that service demands violence, you'd partake in it.

It's sad that you would call the memories of the life you spend on earth meaningless, and you'd be happy with it all being cleansed. It's really sad. All the time shared with your loved ones. You don't mind them gone.
Why then are you living? Why then do you allow yourself to love? This is one of the most depressing things I have ever read on this forum. I swear.

You just shot yourself in the foot .

As an atheist , your aspirations , your goals and achievements are of no benefits immediately you die . Whatever you shared with your loved ones is meaningless as you are laid into the ground during your funeral . Once you die whatever you had prior to your death is meaningless . This alone proves that you are not making any sense .

Decker , if you die today , would whatever experiences you had with whomever in the past matter to you ? How would you conjure such egregious rebuttal and had the guts to label mine as 'depressing' .

If we should put our beliefs in juxtaposition , yours should be described appositely as depressing - this makes life meaningless .

The meaning of life has been defined by God - dedication to his service , glorifying His name Now and forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You just shot yourself on the foot .

As an atheist , your aspirations , your goals and achievements are of no benefits immediately you die . Whatever you shared with your loved ones is meaningless as you are laid into the ground during your funeral . Once you die whatever you had prior to your death is meaningless . This alone proves that you are not making any sense .

Decker , if you die today , would whatever experiences you had with whomever in the past matter to you . How would you conjure such egregious rebuttal and had the guts to label mine as 'depressing' .

If we should put our beliefs in juxtaposition , yours should be described as appositely as depressing - this makes life meaningless .

The meaning of life has been defined by God - dedication to his service , glorifying His name Now and forever

Lol. This guy sef.

No. An atheist doesn't believe in the expectance of a reward from his "maker" after he dies, neither does he believe his life on earth is nothing but a service to a God, so his actions aren't guided by such ideas. He values the relationship he is able to build on earth, and aspires to make the best of his life, as a service to humanity and to those around him.

But someone like you doesn't value the memories and relationship built with people. You don't care. All because of a warped belief. You'd prefer them to go to waste, just to the service of something you have no reasonable proof exists. That's the sad part. And you are proud to say it.

I don't believe heaven exists, but you do. And the fact that you would sacrifice all the memories you have built with the people who loved you, on the alter of some vague, nonexistent promise, is pathetic. If I died and I found myself somewhere else, I'd want my loved ones to be around me, I'd want to have memories we shared together, but you, you don't mind sacrificing it all. That's what's depressing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Decker:

Lol. This guy sef.

No. An atheist doesn't believe in the expectance of a reward from my "maker" after he dies, neither does he believe his life on earth is nothing but a service to a God, so his actions aren't guided by such ideas. He values the relationship he is able to build on earth, and aspires to make the best of his life, as a service to humanity and to those around him

But someone like you doesn't value the memories and relationship built with people. You don't care. And you are proud to say it. You'd prefer them to go to waste, just to the service of something you have no reasonable proof exists. That's the sad part. And you are proud to say it.

I don't belief heaven exists, but you do. And the fact that you would sacrifice all the memories you have built with the people who loved you, on the alter of some vague, nonexistent promise, is pathetic. If I died and I found myself somewhere else, I'd want my loved ones to be around me, I'd want to have memories we shared together, but you, you don't mind sacrificing it all. That's what's depressing.

Mister .

The heavenly race is for yourself , not for your loved ones or with your loved ones . Every man for himself . You enjoy your memories here on earth -everyone including me values whatever memory he/she has with whomever .

And the bible says :

John 17:14–15
14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.

We are not of this world and the memories we share with whomever or have belong to the world . In heaven , its a new life . A new everything . Our perception of life and living would change . There's a total transformation . Your deeds led you to heaven and when you get to heaven you don't need to remember your earthly deeds . Its been left to die with the world and the things of the world .

You , my friend , are seeing things from an earthly perspective .

You had to appeal to sentiment to win this one wink Nah bro , its not happening cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by analice107: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Decker:
Heaven is said to be the goal of every theist. The final place of rest after doing God's will on earth. Although various religions have their own idea of heaven, I'll like this thread to be focused on just Christians and Muslims, because this is a Nigerian forum and these two religions are the major religions we have in Nigeria, and they both share similar ideologies as to the concept of heaven.

I will be posting these questions one after the other.

Cc

Kingebukasblog scholar8200 splinz analice107 juhan biafrabushboy uyilredia waldigit goosebaba amicable09
Temidayo9 tellemall
Waiting.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
analice107:

Waiting.

I have already asked the questions. Read through the thread.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Decker:
Heaven is said to be the goal of every theist. The final place of rest after doing God's will on earth. Although various religions have their own idea of heaven, I'll like this thread to be focused on just Christians and Muslims, because this is a Nigerian forum and these two religions are the major religions we have in Nigeria, and they both share similar ideologies as to the concept of heaven.

I will be posting these questions one after the other.

Cc

Kingebukasblog scholar8200 splinz analice107 juhan biafrabushboy uyilredia waldigit goosebaba amicable09
Temidayo9 tellemall

Don't ask carelessly ooo...

lemme wait and see first...
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Were Is The Free Will If U Wont Have Memories Of Ur Previous Life even Here On Earth Xtians Always Say GOD Gave Us Free Will Without Really Looking Into The Matter Deep Do We Really Have Free Will On Earth??

Some People U Just Cant Take Away Religion Away From Them Its Like Even When U Take It Away From Them N They Realize The Truth That No Sky Daddy Is Watching Over Them No Sky Daddy Has A Special Plan For Them Its Like Living Them Empty And That Guilt of "Am I Betraying GOD" is Always There Even If God Clearly Doesn't Exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Were Is The Free Will If U Wont Have Memories Of Ur Previous Life even Here On Earth Xtians Always Say GOD Gave Us Free Will Without Really Looking Into The Matter Deep Do We Really Have Free Will On Earth??

Some People U Just Cant Take Away Religion Away From Them Its Like Even When U Take It Away From Them N They Realize The Truth That No Sky Daddy Is Watching Over Them No Sky Daddy Has A Special Plan For Them Its Like Living Them Empty And That Guilt of "Am I Betraying GOD" is Always There Even If God Clearly Doesn't Exist

Someone needs to stop you from posting on Nairaland's religion section . You've NEVER made even a modicum of sense
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Splinz(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hello Decker my brother. How do you do? Thank you for mentioning me in your discussions.

Yes, you've asked a lot of questions both of which all bothers on hell and heaven, and of course also, your usual thrown of tantrum at your Maker of whom you have a vague understanding of. However, we worship what we know.

Like I did told you at some point in time, that I do not engage in useless wrangling that edify neither you nor me, this of course is for obvious reasons. Apart from the fact that this bears a scriptural injunction, common sense also tells us that such engagement is unproductive. However, for mentioning me in this post, I'll dignify it with an answer.

First, understand that almost all your assertions and what you called bible teachings are either a preconceived ideas of yours or others, misinterpretation or sheer distortion of biblical truths. An example being "The theory of going to either heaven or hell". I called it "theory" for what it is- a folk tale! Please, permit me to digress a bit, this is for a better understanding of our discussions.

The Psalmist asked salient questions about the state of the dead, of which some of them are: "For in death there is no remembrance of You;
In the grave who will give You thanks? “What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth?” (Psalm 6:5, 30:9). To those who believe in going to heaven or hell after death, think! Why all these rhetorical questions by the psalmist to God? Simple! The answers are quite obvious and also rubbishes the thought of going to heaven or hell after death! Instead, it goes to confirms the resurrection of the dead at the second coming of Christ, as a sound biblical teaching! (1 Corinth 15:23). Yes! If some people say the righteous are in heaven, who will be resurrected at the coming of Christ? Is the resurrection for the living or the dead?

Decker, understand that what the scriptures teaches is that the saints inherit and reign on the earth, not heaven, and are made rulers under the world super-government headed by Christ. (Matthew 5:5, Rev 5:10, 11:15). You're at liberty to either believe it or simply toss it away. I tell you, it doesn't change a thing.

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." (1 Corinth 2:9). Indeed! Dear brother, do not think that we're ignorance of what we preaches and hoped on. For aside faith which plays an important role, God has also given us a guaranteed which have been confirmed.

In conclusion, I have many things of which I may discuss with you, but for time constraints, I beg to stop here. However, be rest assured that God is not in the mass condemnation business. Yes, nobody is damned who has not been offered an opportunity to witness the power of God firsthand, neither is today the only day of salvation. Be rest assured that God is ever wise, ever loving, and ever merciful. At His appointed time, everyone devoid of these knowledge will come to understand everything and appreciate the Almighty for who He is.

Bye.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by cloudgoddess(f): 7:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Such a good thread.

One of the many questions leading up to my atheism was, "If heaven is truly the way its described in the bible.... would I even want to go there?" I couldn't help but to see it as absolutely unappealing, and clearly fabricated by men of very simplistic & materialistic desires (like golden roads. and infinite life even if it means spending eternity as a chanting zombie).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by braithwaite(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2016
[b]

Decker nice questions..

kingebukasblog you're an intelligent debater..
please do yourself a little research about the earth and heaven, hell and the religious myths,without using any Biblical reference or any religious biased scriptures..but I know you'll have enough excuse not to do that without doctrinaire application..

About the heaven shii,I am of anything else I cannot confirm whose likelihood of existing is nonetheless vanishingly small. The fact moreover that "no man has ever come back to life to tell us about it" is a good reason not to believe it; in fact for that reason alone I wonder how anyone not indoctrinated and emotionally blackmailed to do so could possibly believe something so improbable and idiotic.
But of course that’s not the end of the logical possibilities. As others have pointed out, a third possibility is that there is a Heaven and Hell as described, in the Bible, and the Quran. Or there could be a dim afterlife in Sheol, as believed by at least some Jews. Or perhaps there is the bleak land of Hel for most, but the eternal feasts and fighting of Valhalla, as in Norse mythology.basically the simple fact is that unless we stick to things for which there is evidence, and apply reasoning to exclude the infinitude of extravagant explanations for any given doctrine, we are left with an infinity of contradictory possibilities and no rational mechanism for choosing between them.

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
braithwaite:
[b]

Decker nice questions..

kingebukasblog you're an intelligent debater..
please do yourself a little research about the earth and heaven, hell and the religious myths,without using any Biblical reference or any religious biased scriptures..but I know you'll have enough excuse not to do that without doctrinaire application..

About the heaven shii,I am of anything else I cannot confirm whose likelihood of existing is nonetheless vanishingly small. The fact moreover that "no man has ever come back to life to tell us about it" is a good reason not to believe it; in fact for that reason alone I wonder how anyone not indoctrinated and emotionally blackmailed to do so could possibly believe something so improbable and idiotic.
But of course that’s not the end of the logical possibilities. As others have pointed out, a third possibility is that there is a Heaven and Hell as described, in the Bible, and the Quran. Or there could be a dim afterlife in Sheol, as believed by at least some Jews. Or perhaps there is the bleak land of Hel for most, but the eternal feasts and fighting of Valhalla, as in Norse mythology.basically the simple fact is that unless we stick to things for which there is evidence, and apply reasoning to exclude the infinitude of extravagant explanations for any given doctrine, we are left with an infinity of contradictory possibilities and no rational mechanism for choosing between them.

[/b]

Thanks for the compliment or sarcasm . Whichever one , it does not matter . But did this elude you ? There is one thing congruous with all these religions - there is indeed a heaven and a hell . There are just disparate concepts obviously initiated by fallen angels as they fought to preclude man from obtaining true knowledge of God's kingdom , Heaven , and his condign punishment for aberrants , Hell .

The question should be , which is the true concept of heaven and hell wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by braithwaite(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks for the compliment or sarcasm . Whichever one , it does not matter . But did this elude you ? There is one thing congruous with all these religions - there is indeed a heaven and a hell . There are just disparate concepts obviously initiated by fallen angels as they fought to preclude man from obtaining true knowledge of God's kingdom , Heaven , and his condign punishment for aberrants , Hell .

The question should be , which is the true concept of heaven and hell wink

There's no such thing as heaven or hell or you want us debating for hours? which at the end whatever your prove will be from Bible or religious Scriptures..so that's a no no concept to accept the existence of heaven

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2016
braithwaite:

There's no such thing as heaven or hell or you want us debating for hours? which at the end whatever your prove will be from Bible or religious Scriptures..so that's a no no concept to accept the existence of heaven

Keep your opinion to yourself bro and dont be dogmatic about it smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by braithwaite(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Keep your opinion to yourself bro and dont be dogmatic about it smiley
tongue
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

cheesy ...

This is from someone that believes that he wouldl die and be gone forever . undecided No memories , nothing . Fails to exist after this life .

In heaven , you memories will be cleansed . Past memories like pain and sorrow can affect your life in heaven . I dont know if your memories would be taken from you before or after you are given your reward . I don't know how these events would take place . I am working with was written .

These are specious arguments . Your arguments would reasonable if we are experiencing life in heaven and its not a satisfying experience .We are still on earth and you are questioning the future . undecided After they'd claim they operate in logic and reason
Hi Ebuka, we'll still retain our memories of the past i.e of our lives on earth when we get to heaven.

Remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus in Abraham's bosom? The guy remembered his family members and pleaded for Abraham to send Lazarus to go and preach to them for their salvation so they won't end up in hell like him.

@ Decker, I just saw this notification today.
I'll take time to go through your questions and reply the best way I know how but tell that dude attacking comments not to attack mine cheesy, I don't enjoy bashful and hateful attacks. Let's be civil ejo.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
amicable09:

Hi Ebuka, we'll still retain our memories of the past i.e of our lives on earth when we get to heaven.

Remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus in Abraham's bosom? The guy remembered his family members and pleaded for Abraham to send Lazarus to go and preach to them for their salvation so they won't end up in hell like him.

I'll take time to go through your questions and reply the best way I know how but tell that dude attacking comments not to attack mine cheesy, I don't enjoy bashful and hateful attacks. Let's be civil ejo.

Don't worry, I will make sure frank doesn't bother you. cheesy
I'll will be awaiting your reply.

@kingebukasblog, your sister in the lord just debunked your claim. What do you have to say about that? grin

1 Like

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
amicable09:

Thanks amicable09 for your response . The guy was not in heaven but in Abraham's bossom - a place where saints when they die wait for Judgement Day . The story is also allegorical .
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
Decker:

Don't worry, I will make sure frank doesn't bother you. cheesy
I'll will be awaiting your reply.

@kingebukasblog, your sister in the lord just debunked your claim. What do you have to say about that? grin

Its now a dialectic , so we are trying to reach an agreement smiley wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
Decker:

2. This question is for Christians.

The bible tells us that in heaven some people will have a reward greater than others, in form of mansions, according to the amount of souls won for christ. For this to be possible, it means that every saint will still possess the ability to understand the importance and quality of this reward. If not, then God would have given everyone equal numbers of mansions. So, if someone understands that someone else's reward is greater than his, won't this realization breed sadness and dissatisfaction? How about those who don't have any reward at all? Would they be happy seeing that some other saints have been greatly rewarded while they aren't?
I've gone through all your questions and I'll love to give a short answer to all the questions you posed on here with this post.

As much as I know, it is only in books written by people who claim to have died, gone to heaven and returned back to earth that I've seen things about inheriting bigger mansions and all that sort of thing. I know from the bible that for those who win more souls on earth, will get crowns that are filled with stars, the more the souls won, the more stars you'll have adorn your crown. That shouldn't warrant any form of unhappiness or jealousy. In fact, up until now, I've never thought about any reason for unhappiness in heaven until you started mentioning relatives in hell who should have been enjoying with us in heaven, as a result of which sadness will creep in and rob many of their joys.

Just like sibling rivalry here on earth, there are families that no matter how successful and famous one out of the bunch of them is, they still love one another and constantly wish more success for the successful one while seeking for other means to lift the ones that aren't doing well. In Christendom, more than anything else, we pray for the conversion of all our loved ones and all lost souls who are in the dark, who the bible refers to as people whom the god of this world has blinded their eyes, we pray for them, it's the main reason for evangelical work on Earth. We do this while they are still alive because no repentance in the grave, not even if prayers of forgiveness is offered after one has given up the ghost. It will rather be too late for such a one.

So, in heaven there will be no night nor day, no mourning nor weeping. It will be a place where people who have fought the good fight can beat their chest to say i have finished my course. And how 7 years or 1000 days will be calculated is the business of the ancient of days to calculate. I'll not break my head trying to worry about how those years will be calculated. I don't have the answer to that.

We'll sha keep praying that everyone of us make it to heaven, there's enough mansion to go round grin
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks amicable09 for your response . The guy was not in heaven but in Abraham's bossom - a place where saints when they die wait for Judgement Day . The story is also allegorical .
You are welcome.
You believe in purgatory Ebuka?
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
amicable09:

You are welcome.
You believe in purgatory Ebuka?

No . Its not scriptural . And its because of purgatory Catholics are morally depraved . They are culpable for any decadent society where Christians are preponderant . They believe peccadilloes will be dealt with mild punishment before they'll go to Heaven - now that's the reason they commit sin .

Can't you see Latin America and the high crime rate there ? Its mostly Catholics that perpetrate these crimes and every damn time I defend Christians there knowing fully well that its because of their doctrine - purgatory - their adherents engage in vices .

Sorry for digressing , I just wanted to let that out of my system smiley .

Should we now proceed to the next ?
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No . Its not scriptural . And its because of purgatory Catholics are morally depraved . They are culpable for any decadent society where Christians are preponderant . They believe peccadilloes will be dealt with mild punishment before they'll go to Heaven - now that's the reason they commit sin .

Can't you see Latin America and the high crime rate there ? Its mostly Catholics that perpetrate these crimes and every damn time I defend Christians there knowing fully well that its because of their doctrine - purgatory - their adherents engage in vices .

Sorry for digressing , I just wanted to let that out of my system smiley .

Should we now proceed to the next ?
Lol.
They'll come for your head soon enough grin

Yes please. Let's proceed.
So what do you call Abraham's bosom?
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
They'll come for your head soon enough grin

Then they'd be taken down easily . You'd prevail if you stand by the truth

Yes please. Let's proceed.
So what do you call Abraham's bosom?

The waiting place for those who died in Christ
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then they'd be taken down easily . You'd prevail if you stand by the truth

The waiting place for those who died in Christ
Ok. Yea.
Now why do you think we will have no memories of our lives on earth? We won't be able to recognize people? I find that hard to believe.

When Jesus was asked about the woman who married about seven husbands on earth after losing the first, then she remarried and he died then she married his brother and the tragedy struck again and again ... they wanted to know which of the men will claim her as his wife on the resurrection day, he responded them in Mark 12: 18-27. So even though there will neither be marriage nor giving in to marriage,I believe there will be relationships, familiar relationships.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
amicable09:

Ok. Yea.
Now why do you think we will have no memories of our lives on earth? We won't be able to recognize people? I find that hard to believe.

When Jesus was asked about the woman who married about seven husbands on earth after losing the first, then she remarried and he died then she married his brother and the tragedy struck again and again ... they wanted to know which of the men will claim her as his wife on the resurrection day, he responded them in Mark 12: 18-27. So even though there will neither be marriage nor giving in to marriage,I believe there will be relationships, familiar relationships.

It is written wink :

Isaiah 65:17

17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

If you think I gave a wrong exegesis of the text , then pls do show me
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by analice107: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Decker:

I have already asked the questions. Read through the thread.
I can't seem to track any question from what you wrote. Maybe it's me.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by amicable09(f): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It is written wink :

Isaiah 65:17

17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

If you think I gave a wrong exegesis of the text , then pls do show me
Lol

Read vs 16 of that chapter, reference was made to the former troubles being forgotten, not the human beings you interacted with being wiped off your memory. You will be forgetting the sorrows, the pain, the animosity and troubles between parents and children, all those things will be things of the past to be forgotten and remembered no more in the new heaven and the new earth.

This scripture even has a follow up scripture in Revelation 21.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
analice107:

I can't seem to track any question from what you wrote. Maybe it's me.

I think it's you, because every other person that has commented on this thread was able to 'track' few questions from what I wrote.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by analice107: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
Decker:

I think it's you, because every other person that has commented on this thread was able to 'track' few questions from what I wrote.
Okay, I believe it's me. But since you mentioned me and I need to also comment, can you pls rephrase the instil for me? Thanks.
Re: To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven by analice107: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
Decker:

Okay, I believe it's me. But since you mentioned me and I need to also comment, can you pls rephrase the question for me? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Power Of A Simple Idea- Atheism And Its Spread / Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? / Encounter With Jesus That Changed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.