Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,184 members, 7,890,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Take On President Buhari Trip To London To Recieve Medical Treatment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On President Buhari Trip To London To Recieve Medical Treatment. (625 Views)

$30m Spent On President Buhari's Health By National Security Adviser & NIA - SR / Photo Of President Buhari Leaving Abuja For UK Medical Treatment / Lere Olayinka Reacts To Aisha Buhari’s Trip To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On President Buhari Trip To London To Recieve Medical Treatment. by Wizzyblack3(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
My take on president Buhari trip to London to recieve medical treatments and why our constitution should be strict to some extent on polititical office holders.

Though this has being happening for ages in the country, where political office holders and high class people in government will travel abroad to recieve medical treatment. This always raise the question on the standard of hospitals and medical practitioners in the country.
As much as i thought and how so many believed that president Buhari is a man of integrity, i expect this man to lead by example (like his anti-corruption campaign) in which every political office holders would follow. A situation where political office holders will travel abroad to recieve medical treatment (even for a slight headache) is not helping our health and medical sector in the country, its ofcourse a slap on the face of medical practisionals in the country. One would ask if they're not up to standard or these political heavyweights can't just entrust their lives and that of their family members in the hands of Nigeria doctors, yet these doctors are the ones they entrust with the lives of the ordinary citizens, i think they said "What is good for the geese is also good for the gander". If these doctors are entrust with the life of a common man, why are the big guns going abroad for medical treatment. It is important to note that this is one of the major reasons why our health sector has not being given much attention over the years. Because they feel its for the common people and not them.
I expect our law makers (if they would be convinced enough) to come in and make laws to put an end to this act from our political office holders. Thus making laws that will prevent any political office holders from going abroad for medical treatment, this would go along way in raising the standard of medical practise and research in the country.

This also should be applied in our educational sector in Nigeria. Since political office holders has failed to raise the standard of schools in the country because they have no business to do with schools in the country. I expect the law makers to make laws that will restructure our educational sector and also raise the standard of education in the country. Thus making laws like;

1. For anybody seeking political office in Nigeria, your education records must show that you school in Nigeria, from Primary,Secondary and University. With CLEAR PROOF that you ofcourse attend the schools you listed on your CV.
2. All your children/wards must attend school in the Country.
3. This schools must be government owned i.e Public schools.
I believe with these and some other suggestions, it would go a very long way to raise the level of education in the country and help build up our already dilapidated educational sector. Because these people would give much attention to our schools and the standard of what we're being thought in schools.
Read More: http:///1WD7b0j

(1) (Reply)

Senator Buruji Kashamu’s Achievements In The Senate At A Glance / THE WORDS THAT CHANGED BUHARI / People Want To Cause Friction Between Me And Buhari --- Fr Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.