Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,879 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep (724 Views)

6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / 8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by Abduletudaye(m): 6:12am On Jun 08, 2016
Good morning yall, hope you all slept well?

Now, am interested in knowing what really causes snoring.

Before now, i have been made to believe that snoring is caused by tiredness. Does that mean, its all the time that we involve ourselves in exhausting activities?

Or is the above just an excuse or does it come naturally?

Also, i have once met a teacher who snors while hes awake. Hes a bit chubby and he smokes alot.
But can smoking be a causative agent?

Kindly share ideas biko.

@Lalasticlala i wouldnt mind a small push for more imputs... wink
Re: Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by brunofarad(m): 6:17am On Jun 08, 2016
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by Oche211(m): 6:45am On Jun 08, 2016
Hate snoring like mad. Once i'm in a place nd anyone begins to snore, that's the end of sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by kiddoiLL(m): 7:16am On Jun 08, 2016
Obesity, Pregnancy and Genetic Factors
Extra tissue in the throat can vibrate as you breathe in air in your sleep, causing you to snore. People who are overweight, obese or pregnant often have extra bulky throat tissue. Genetic factors that can cause snoring include extra throat tissue as well as enlarged tonsils, large adenoids, long soft palate or long uvula.
Allergies, Congestion and Certain Nasal Structures
Anything that prevents you from breathing through your nose can cause you to snore. This can include congestion from a cold or flu, allergies or deformities of the nose such as a deviated septum.
Alcohol, smoking, aging and certain drugs and medications, including muscle relaxants
You may snore when your throat or tongue muscles are relaxed. Substances that can relax these muscles may cause you to snore. This includes alcohol, muscle relaxants and other medications. Normal aging and the prolonged effects of smoking can also relax your throat and tongue muscles
Re: Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by SUPERPACK: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2016
Abduletudaye:
Good morning yall, hope you all slept well?

Now, am interested in knowing what really causes snoring.

Before now, i have been made to believe that snoring is caused by tiredness. Does that mean, its all the time that we involve ourselves in exhausting activities?

Or is the above just an excuse or does it come naturally?

Also, i have once met a teacher who snors while hes awake. Hes a bit chubby and he smokes alot.
But can smoking be a causative agent?

Kindly share ideas biko.

@Lalasticlala i wouldnt mind a small push for more imputs... wink
The following conditions can affect the airway and cause snoring:
1. Your mouth anatomy:- Having a low, thick soft palate can narrow your airway. People who are overweight may have extra tissues in the back of their throats that may narrow their airways. Likewise, if the triangular piece of tissue hanging from the soft palate (uvula) is elongated, airflow can be obstructed and vibration increased.
2. Alcohol consumption:- Snoring can also be brought on by consuming too much alcohol before bedtime. Alcohol relaxes throat muscles and decreases your natural defenses against airway obstruction.
3. Nasal problems:- Chronic nasal congestion or a crooked partition between your nostrils (deviated nasal septum) may contribute to your snoring.
4. Sleep deprivation:- Not getting enough sleep can lead to further throat relaxation. Sleep position. Snoring is typically most frequent and loudest when sleeping on the back as gravity's effect on the throat narrows the airway.
5. Obstructive sleep apnea:- Snoring may also be associated with obstructive sleep apnea. In this serious condition, your throat tissues partially or completely block your airway, preventing you from breathing.
Total eliminating snoring during our life time is almost inevitable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Real Cause Of Snoring While Asleep by Abduletudaye(m): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
Oche211:
Hate snoring like mad. Once i'm in a place nd anyone begins to snore, that's the end of sleep

My brother...no be small thing...i dislike it.

(1) (Reply)

Vote Of No Confidence Passed On Ubth's CMD. / Amazing Pregnancy Facts That Both Couples And Singles Should Know About. / Meet Hillary Clinton's Personal Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.