Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,148 members, 7,970,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used (594 Views)

Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos / How I Passed My Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam At First Try! / Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used by proddey(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos and I passed at first attempt!

I wrote the exam on May 7th 2016 as CBT have been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide and was reading for about 5 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials
I used Rita's book which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very good. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a guide. I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%.

I couldn't log into the prepcast simulator so I couldn't take any of the tests in it.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I wouldn't pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to try it anyway. I couldn't log into the prepcast simulator so I couldn't take any of the tests in it.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was quite difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Nigeria? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials. I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.
Re: Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used by SuperSuave(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
What's pmp, bp, mp and others
Re: Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used by proddey(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Passed My PMP On First Attempt. Study Materials Used by proddey(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
SuperSuave:
What's pmp, bp, mp and others

PMP means Project Management Professional . It's an international certification exam in Project Management administered by the Project Management Institute in the U.S that certifies that you have certain understanding of project management required to handle projects.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Innovative Business Management Skill Training. / Cake Training For The Month Of September Start On 5th Sept,2016 / Hello, I Need To Know How Relevant SAP Is And What Career Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.