Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,257 members, 7,887,741 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:09 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823926 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2007
bigjay01:

@all in the house

Does anyone have the email / direct line to UBA Stockbrokers?

@bigjay01

Details of my relationship officer below. One word describes her, EXCELLENT! I have never had to call, always responds to emails.

Maureen O. Njoku

Relationship Officer

NRN Banking Centre

United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc|UBA House (15th Floor)

57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria

Office : +234 1 264 4652-700, Ext. 15246|DL : +234 1 280 0088|Fax : +234 1 264 4769

Mobile : +234 803 318 0639

eMail: maureen.njoku (at) ubagroup.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ all
Sorry for the lateness, been really busy. this is yesterday's position.
a little to late init!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2007
still awaiting todays position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kajol(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2007
sender kajo
please i want to know why there is job discrimination in labour market especially to polythenic student
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2007
kpineo:

@ all
Sorry for the lateness, been really busy. this is yesterday's position.
a little to late init!

well done kpineo. is it possible to get the daily offer/bid position directly from UBA's website?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ Talktrue,

If the money is valuable to you and a considerable amount, follow my instructions and I can assure you will smile later on.

Someone I know paid in N2 million into some scammers account at a bank for a product that was not dellivered. The guy tried to get his money but was told stories.

He got in touch with EFCC and what they requested for was the Bank Teller which he scanned and sent to them.

Within two days, the bank was contacted and the guys details were fiched out. He paid back even with interest because his properties were seized.

EFCC does not only deal with governors oh, they have a small unit for all these kind of frauds.

The problem is that people are not aware of this.

Even your stockbroker who has been swindling you of charges, you can deal with him through IST and EFCC.

I sure sey all those fraudulent brokers go dey shake now,

My people, fight for your rights,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ All,

Who can dissect this chart on Nigerian securities site. Different charts, which is which.

Where are the stock efikos. Time to prove yourself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ kpineo,

Good job, keep it up and thanks a lot.

The forum is grateful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Baba oh, I checked my CSCS account and I need to know which of these is the CSCS number I need to fill on Public Offer Forms for my account to be credited

They are

ACCOUNT NO: 54556341

CHN.NUMBER: C1098882TW

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ windywendy
Looks like FSDH prices site is up now, Just downloaded today's prices.

http://fsdhsecuritiescom.nationprotect.net/download.asp?file=FSDH-NSE-DOL_18dec07.xls

@ all,
I am sure this string would could easily contest for Nairaland String of the year 2007!!!!, and win!!!!, keep it up!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2007
NBA:

@bigjay01

Details of my relationship officer below. One word describes her, EXCELLENT! I have never had to call, always responds to emails.

Maureen O. Njoku

Relationship Officer

NRN Banking Centre

United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc|UBA House (15th Floor)

57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria

Office : +234 1 264 4652-700, Ext. 15246|DL : +234 1 280 0088|Fax : +234 1 264 4769

Mobile : +234 803 318 0639

eMail: maureen.njoku (at) ubagroup.com

Thanks, I have the contact details of my relationship officer. The thing is that I gave a mandate to purchase PHB on Thursday last week up till now I havent heard if it is successful or not. Hence, I wanted to go direct to the stockbrokers to find out wassup. Does it normally take this long?

If the stock no dey abeg make I buy other alternatives now bears don enter town.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Talktrue,

If the money is valuable to you and a considerable amount, follow my instructions and I can assure you will smile later on.

Someone I know paid in N2 million into some scammers account at a bank for a product that was not dellivered. The guy tried to get his money but was told stories.

He got in touch with EFCC and what they requested for was the Bank Teller which he scanned and sent to them.

Within two days, the bank was contacted and the guys details were fiched out. He paid back even with interest because his properties were seized.

EFCC does not only deal with governors oh, they have a small unit for all these kind of frauds.

The problem is that people are not aware of this.

Even your stockbroker who has been swindling you of charges, you can deal with him through IST and EFCC.

I sure sey all those fraudulent brokers go dey shake now,

My people, fight for your rights,

I like the whole EFCC thing, will be getting all the necessary documents and evidence together, I'll stay action till Jan though (final chance, no more story) as per fmaily request.
Thanks for the EFCC info, thought those guys are only for Governors and Yahoo boys.
Will keep you guys posted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2007
Those of us using FSDH format

Note the addition of deap capital and NSL

Anyone know the no of shares lsited for these 2 companies should please holla.

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ Talktrue,

I like the whole EFCC thing, will be getting all the necessary documents and evidence together, I'll stay action till Jan though (final chance, no more story) as per fmaily request.
Thanks for the EFCC info, thought those guys are only for Governors and Yahoo boys.
Will keep you guys posted

Remember, their name is Economic and Financial Crime Commission and not Governors and Yahoo boys Commission.

Any economic sabotage and financial crime can be reported to them.

Do am sharp and you go see sey na family meeting them go dey call you to come attend to settle the matter.

No let any body chop your money for free oh.

Besides make sure that you buy the Zenith public Offer and not through your family friend/scammer.

grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 7:45pm On Dec 18, 2007
texas543:

For those interested in insurance stock read this

[url]http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article02/indexn2_html?pdate=181207&ptitle=Insurers%20strategise%20for%20oil,%20gas%20business[/url]

Thanks for the link. Nice info (My people are there)

@ All
How long does an intermember transfer take?
Got the two needed signature from my former broker and submitted to ZSL 3weeks ago and still no action.
I was told its gonna take 2 weeks if you get the guys at your former house to sign, anyone with useful info or similar experience should share pls.
I wanna know how long I'm gonna wait on the tranfer before I start pushing.
No more sleeping on a a bicycle, I have to beproactive this time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2007
HI PEEPS

SOME OF MY STOCKS HAVE DECLARED DIVIDENDS BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN THE BRAKELIGHT OF ANYTHING BEING SENT TO ME.

I AM NOT CURRENTLY IN NAIJA SO HOW DOES IT WORK (NOTE THE SHARES WERE NOT BOUGHT DURING PO)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ Talktrue,

Thanks for the link. Nice info (My people are there)

@ All
How long does an intermember transfer take?
Got the two needed signature from my former broker and submitted to ZSL 3weeks ago and still no action.
I was told its going to take 2 weeks if you get the guys at your former house to sign, anyone with useful info or similar experience should share please.
I want to know how long I'm going to wait on the tranfer before I start pushing.
No more sleeping on a a bicycle, I have to beproactive this time.

There is a link to the CSCS website that Fatherof2 aka Baba posted. Navigate through it over the break and believe me, You would be better.
Ithink it was posted about 4 pages before this page.

Check it out, contains all info you need.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Patogbish: 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2007
I salote all of una O. This forum is absolutely priceless. I must confess right now I truely feel like changing my stock broker. I have always felt that stock brokers are all the same. Can somebody tell me what it will take to change my stock broking firm to UBA? Ona Do O! cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ DollyP1cute,

Are you dolapo and which school did you go
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ ololufemi

Will definitely be buying the PO but in 10,000 unit blocks.

Too much money is currently tied up illiquidly (new word  smiley ) I was hoping to pass up all PO's but since this is a long term stock for me, I don't mind tying up the fund.

I'm considering buying through frankiriri (solidarity), actually met the guy ones nice fellow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
Talktrue:

@All

For those interested in technical analysis but lack the excel skill/ time to do that.
Nigerian securities just releases the online software.

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/nstabasic.php

all the best with the decision making

All my Excel programming just became pointless.  cry embarassed tongue Good stuff! Can't wait to see how much they'll charge for the improved versions of the software. But it'll save me all this FSDH report gyrations.

Talk true: na you biko!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Walcolm

dont think you can get it from the site but you can try.

@all
todays update is here. PHB is now on weak bid. things are picking up, but AIICO is still on strong bid and my broker is not having any luck. Can anyone explain why NASCON is not captured on it and also not on the valuation page at nigeriansecurities.com. is the company not considered worthy. embarassed

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2007
blueband:

looks like FCMB is losing steam.Might lose close to 1 naira today.

Looks like all this post-TS bull-run is now B.S. (like my word-play huh?  tongue) FCMB had only 2(?) days of gains and now loses? It goes to show, if you have a stratgey that works, others will adopt and eat away at the margin till the strategy ceases to work.

I've believed for months that there is a major increase in the sophistication of the Nigerian investor. Typical strategies won't work anymore. Make we find the next thing, this one no go work again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2007
I already made about 13%(Excld Comm.) on NEM at the moment, is it wise to offload considering the FYE which is 31/12/07.

Ditto for MBENEFIT.

What do you reckon, TO SELL OR HOLD?

Over to gurus in the house.

Prince
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
yodiyokun:

Those of us using FSDH format
Note the addition of deap capital and NSL
Anyone know the no of shares lsited for these 2 companies should please holla.
thanks

NSL = 5.2B shares
DEAP = 1B shares

http://www.stockhouse.ca/mediascan/news.asp?newsid=9844190
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2007
http://businessdayonline.com/National/1642.html

For those who own Costain or wonder how they'll meet an agressive PAT growth forecast.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2007
ololufemi:

@ DollyP1cute,

Are you dolapo and which school did you go

Yep, went to Queen's School, left ages ago

dollyp1cute:

HI PEEPS

SOME OF MY STOCKS HAVE DECLARED DIVIDENDS BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN THE BRAKELIGHT OF ANYTHING BEING SENT TO ME.

I AM NOT CURRENTLY IN NAIJA SO HOW DOES IT WORK (NOTE THE SHARES WERE NOT BOUGHT DURING PO)

ANY TAKERS ON MY QUESTION ABOVE

easimoni:

Looks like all this post-TS bull-run is now B.S. (like my word-play huh?  tongue) FCMB had only 2(?) days of gains and now loses? It goes to show, if you have a stratgey that works, others will adopt and eat away at the margin till the strategy ceases to work.

Easimoni, you forget that the market is thin at the moment as folks have started to decamp to their village  plus there are many other juicy offers so folks may not be rushing for FCMB. Naija investors are also getting sophisticated with the so called "strategy".
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2007
dollyp1cute:

Easimoni, you forget that the market is thin at the moment as folks have started to decamp to their village plus there are many other juicy offers so folks may not be rushing for FCMB. Naija investors are also getting sophisticated with the so called "strategy".

Also did not work for Access when TS was lifted in Oct. So you can debunk the xmas theory. Maybe it's all the POs, maybe it's increased investor knowledge, but the inexplicable post-TS bull run may have died a natural death. R.I.P tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2007
easimoni:

Also did not work for Access when TS was lifted in Oct. So you can debunk the xmas theory. Maybe it's all the POs, maybe it's increased investor knowledge, but the inexplicable post-TS bull run may have died a natural death. R.I.P tongue

Maybe you are right? I think Access bank was even better than this.

Which ever way - NSE is still an ineffcient market - there has to be other ways to take advantage of it to profit.

We just need to shine our eyes and look at the trends; new trends /patterns may be forming as the peeps get more knowledgeable.

But I am sure Bonus will still drive the price up - but with all these useless PO's who will give bonus again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2007
easimoni:

Looks like all this post-TS bull-run is now B.S. (like my word-play huh?  tongue) FCMB had only 2(?) days of gains and now loses? It goes to show, if you have a stratgey that works, others will adopt and eat away at the margin till the strategy ceases to work.

I've believed for months that there is a major increase in the sophistication of the Nigerian investor. Typical strategies won't work anymore. Make we find the next thing, this one no go work again.

You have hit on a main point. If many others adopt your strategy, it will stop working  sad sad sad

On the other hand, I thought the recommendation was to position for post TS bull run if company results or even better bonusare expected around the same time.

There is no rumour on FCMB. I don't know what will kick start this bull run. Access finally picked up after rumours of the company results started circulating.

Anyway, looking beyond the horizon, Zenith will be going out of TS about the same time that the half year result will be released. If the result is bam, as usual then I will expect that this strategy will work again.

For those positioning for Bank PHB, the same should be considered. Is the next interim result for Bank PHB being expected in January? If not, the bull run may be delayed if TS is lifted in early January.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2007
Please when is the muslim public holiday - tomorrow and thursday or thursday and friday?

it seems we only have 4 days left to trade this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2007
Wednesday and Thursday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.