Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,930 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821577 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Naija

vitafoam YE is sept. we are expecting their result this month,

if you listen to fatherof2 theory you should have take position before now, combine with wanaj0 (the volume is small) , and common sence , = profit this month,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2008
ngegy:

@pumping
I just received an email update from meristem stating that the closure for Oceanic dividend is on 7th jan, that is next monday.

The closure date of oceanic is 9th, it was announced on the floor on 28/12. I posted a document ealier on this matter. I also also confirmaed it on proshare's website today. I stand corrected
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Guys

Ignore diamond Bank at your peril. Got in through GDR @ 16.5, (no conversion fee, my source tells me I should have CSCS credited by end of month).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2008
bigjay01:

The closure date of oceanic is 9th, it was announced on the floor on 28/12. I posted a document ealier on this matter. I also also confirmaed it on proshare's website today. I stand corrected

This was also debated earlier this week. Meristem and another publication, I think from Punch reported it as the 7th.

------
UPDATE ON OCEANIC BANK PLC
The new closure date for the Bank's recently proposed dividend of N1:02k per share is now January 07, 2008.
SOURCE: NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE AND MERISTEM RESEARCH
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

I posted the same information earlier this week. You have to understand that it takes 3 trading days for your name to appear on the register. If you bought your Oceanic yesterday, your name gets on the register on January 8th so you don't qualify for the bonus. Take note of this important fact because the same applies to bonus.

My small research tells me that the registrars do accomodate the 3 days settlement period, meaning that you can buy a stock and still be qualified for the dividend a day before the closure day.

http://www.megaequities.com/faq.php
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2008
@harrisoft, it was me wy discover the name of the stock to be diamond bank, but hey poor me you gave the credit to a big boy grin as if he needs more big accolades grin

Na me be the wizard there, a small upcoming guru in the making grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Pumping777

You are correct, proshare have updated their website

"Oceanic Bank Plc new Closure Date is January 7, 2008 instead of 16-18 January, 2008 and later January 9, 2008 that was previously advised."

Source - http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3396

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ all,

As regards FCMB, I think one should start preparing to sell and re-enter later. It's good to lock-in profits and re-invest.

I sold 40,000 units today and I will keep the remaining till next week.

I think the name of this business is make money no matter how small but don't lose money.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
ngegy:

My small research tells me that the registrars do accomodate the 3 days settlement period, meaning that you can buy a stock and still be qualified for the dividend a day before the closure day.

http://www.megaequities.com/faq.php

Interesting. I had no idea about this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
@All,

Any insight of upcoming public offers in 2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faithclem(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
Hi Nairaland,

It is wonderful what u have begun, I think a lot of us need to knw more so please I wud appreciate ur constant update of this forum, also wud appreciate if updates cud be sent to my box; faithessien@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Timmi: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2008
Concerning FCMB, a study of the chart for the past one year shows the following:
1.  It seems each high reached is 1.50 points higher than the other high;
2. Expects new high on this run to be at 22; then a new low to follow at 20 in approximately two weeks;
3. And expect a new high to be reached at 23.50+ in about six weeks.

UBA versus OCEANIC

For long time investors, I will put my money in OCEANIC because of the following reasons:
1.  Their chart look incanningly similar;
2.  EPS 1.81/1.23  - UBA/Oceanic
3.  PE 23.47/24.45
4.  Outstanding shares 11.29/11.6 billion
5.  2007 Turnover 109.5/74.93  represents 1.22%/1.68% growth over previous year
6  2007 Profit after tax 21.44/17.54 which represnts 20%/23% of turnover
7.  From the above data, if both maintains similar profit growth of 20%/23% of turnover and turnover growth of 1.22/1.68 over 2007;
Expect profit after tax in 2008 to be projected at 26.72/28.95 billion.
In conclusion, in a year's time, Oceanic would have a trunover of 125.88 billion as compared with UBA of 133.59 billion and Oceanc would have declare a higher profit after tax; currently the share price of UBA is 49.99 while Oceanic is 36.13 and still dropping.  FOR LONG TERM INVESTORS I WILL PUT MY MONEY IN OCEANIC AND KEEP BUYING MORE AS THE PRICE CONTINUE DECLINING.

My two cent's (or should I say kobo) comment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Timmi,
Welcome to the forum and I don't mean to be condescending but your analysis is slightly flawed; Oceanic has 10.6B shares you have not added to your analysis. The 10.6B shares are from the last PO and will share in future profits. Expect the PE to double as soon as those shares are listed (sometime in the next couple of months). I wouldn't touch Oceanic with a ten-foot pole, not with a PE in the 40s post-PO shares listing.

Don't make the mistake of failing to account for new shares. It's always a game changer. Infact, I add the PO shares to my spreadsheet the day I see the prospectus and update the qty when the (inevitable) oversubscription is announced.

Enjoy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ fatherof2,

this your "Friday" theory na something else. I must admit warming up to it. Almost all buying will be done on Fridays from this day forward.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
easimoni:

@ fatherof2,

this your "Friday" theory na something else. I must admit warming up to it. Almost all buying will be done on Fridays from this day forward.

i like the almost all buying.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
harrisoft:

@Fatherof2
Thanks for your respon the whole thing is getting clearer,
Please can you put more light on 5(a) and 5(b),  thank you.

@ all,
i have been copying all fatherof2 (trader) post since the day he showed up on this tread, print them and reading them,  inb/w the lines there is always something,  you don't get it if you are not looking for it, 

same for wanaj0,  (investor) his is a diffrent ball game ,  if you read his comment ,  you can't go wrong,

I once say Wanaj0 is father & fatherof2 is mother on this tread,

factor two of their post together you make good money ,

I had this N500k in October 2007, wanajo advice me to buy cursader put it the money became N650 (by Nov 2007) in less than a month, put it into oceanic (fatherof2 theory) and it became N850. (Dec 2007) now the money is in,  too small to mention till it click,  TO MANY BIG BOYS AROUND, 

BUTTOM LINE: IF YOU ARE NOT A GURU OR NOT USED TO OBV, RSI,PE RATION, DPS, ETC, CHATING, MACD, SMA, EMA, OBJ, EFCC, READ INB/W THE LINE WHEN WANAJ0 & FATHEROF2 SPEAKS FACTOR IN COMMON SENCE ,  YOU MAKE MONEY  grin  grin  grin SIMPLE.
FINALLY, @ SEUN do you read ever page of this tread, i will be happy if you respond.

Ogbeni,

This is dangerous ooo

What of if BabaIbeji or Mr @Wanaj0 says no more show for nairalanders what happens.

I am here to learn how to fish, so that if today Seun says no more show for nairaland I can stand on my two feet and make millions.

The only good thing is both the gurus are making my learning curve way way shorter and honestly for that I am extremely grateful.

@All,

Law & Union started the current party quite late, I almost sold today but resisted. It gained 3.7% but I am sure it will also experience a decline next week.

Lets see how far Diamond will get to this time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2008
easimoni:

@ fatherof2,

Remember the therory oo- thursday /friday can be for buying and selling - it depends on the trend from the begining of the week----

Uptrend - friday is for selling

Downtrend - friday is for buying.

Abi I don miss am?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Timmi: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Easimony

I think UBA went to the market around he same time as Oceanic and their share is yet to be added to the outstanding share as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
easimoni:

@ fatherof2,

, And Thurdsays
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2008
Timmi:

@ Easimony

I think UBA went to the market around he same time as Oceanic and their share is yet to be added to the outstanding share as well.

No. With UBA's PO in 2007, outstanding shares are 11.5B.

Oceanic will list it's shares soon after the register closes on Monday.

Oceanic will have 22.24B shares with a forward PE of around 26 as at yesterday if I factor in a growth of 50% on last year's PAT.

UBA has a forward PE of 20 as at yesterday.

There will be a chance to buy Oceanic at prices lower than it is today when PO profit takers hit the market so for now I will put my money in UBA. I sold My Oceanic on Wednesday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
grabdaloot:

@Fatherof2

Na wa for you!! are you sure say you no be Ndidi PA? Anyway Eternaoil just finalized plans for restructuring and expansion of their downstream activities and includes a technical patnership with a major downstream player in Europe!! My question is how you take know wey make u dey preach Eternaoil since abi you dey see vision. Expect the new to hit the street anytime soon

Hmmm, are you sure this isn't old news? Is the downstream player Castor? If that's the case, that news don tey and has been factored into the price. The restructuring and expansion news has been around since 2006/early 2007, check their website and one of the interviews conducted with the MD in March 07 cant recall the name of the media outlet now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
Oga Pumping, thanks for the BGL info. Spoke with them yesterday and will be turning in my check on Monday. If it's no problem, can you provide the name of your account officer? Don't worry if you're not comfortable posting on the forum. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
windywendy:

Oga Pumping, thanks for the BGL info. Spoke with them yesterday and will be turning in my check on Monday. If it's no problem, can you provide the name of your account officer? Don't worry if you're not comfortable posting on the forum. Thanks.

Madam,  I salute.

I can send it to you via email. The man fit dey here grin

My email is pumping777 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

Madam, I salute.

I've found a better way. Do you have the PP document? His name is in the last paragraph on page 25.

So na coding we dey for na?

Anyway @all, I have a bullish outlook on Insurance far more than the Banking sector - This is my thinking this year.

But lets wait for their full year results, I hope they will deliver. If they do then the sky is the limit o.

My only concern now is that from history Insurance compnaies do not release their full year on time.

Make we dey look
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ALL

Does anyone feel oceanic will still experience a price surge?Lost N1.02 today.expert views all welcomes ASAP.

Which stocks are highly recommended by the experts?

Where is the future of Oasis insurance in 4 months from now?

Lastly does anyone has any info on the prosposed ETB pp,please lets have the details?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

Madam,  I salute.

I've found a better way. Do you have the PP document? His name is in the last paragraph on page 25.

OK thanks. I have other questions though. I'm wondering if I should just send you an email or post it here. Perhaps I should post here so that the forum can benefit:

1. When you issue your mandates by email, do you send it to just your account officer or do you cc other folks (I do this with FSDH just so that in the event that my a/c officer is unable to trade that day, someone else could execute).
2. If you do cc other folks, then can you PLEASE really really please send me their names by email: windywendy121 at hotmail dot com. Thanks.
3. Do you use them for all of your transactions (for instance with FSDH, I use their address for all transactions including Private placements, so they get all of my certificates, dividend warrants, etc and handle from there)

thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

Before we get carried away, there are many folks on this thread that have given us very accurate predictions using varying theories and strategies.

For me, the idea is in blending the different styles with your own and churning out the profits. No single strategy is foolproof.

Fundamentals still work big time. I gave a list of 5 stocks on December 26th based on fundamentals. In 6 trading days, the stocks have appreciated 32% (AGLeventis), 26%(BetaGlass), 19%(Lawunion), 32%(Unic) and 3% (UBA).

How much better does it get in less than 2 weeks?

@ Pumping

you have a way of posting my thoughts. One more reason apart from your selflessness why i read your posts many times over. You and some guys i have mentioned repeatedly here are responsible for me being much better than a year ago . Thanx a mil.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
Good evening nairalanders
RECOMENDATION ON UNITY
UNITY BANK - SPECULATIVE BUY
My sister told me from confirmed sources in Unity Bank that their offer will be coming in March this year and The price will likely get to 15 naira before they go for an offer.

For those with large minds, you can go for it.
I will be placing a buy on Monday at max price of 10.00 and set traget price at 14 naira.

Thread carefully on this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Fatherof2

Which 5 stocks will u  recommended for buy in the coming week?Which insurance stock do u think is at a good buy price right now.

Where is the future of Oasis insurance in 4 months from now?

Waiting for ur response pls,other opinions are all welcomed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2008
easimoni:

@ fatherof2,

With due respect to Father of 2 , you can add MONDAYS as sell-off days too , got this from a book, Trading for a Living . The Thursday - friday is also written there and explained.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2008
EMMAACHILE:

Good evening nairalanders
RECOMENDATION ON UNITY
UNITY BANK - SPECULATIVE BUY
My sister told me from confirmed sources in Unity Bank that their offer will be coming in March this year and The price will likely get to 15 naira before they go for an offer.

For those with large minds, you can go for it.
I will be placing a buy on Monday at max price of 10.00 and set traget price at 14 naira.

Thread carefully on this

Kai you this man, you don blow my cover finish! smiley grin grin grin Anyway, nothing spoil!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Please post more often this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.