Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,184 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:11 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823999 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2008
kauskey:

NSE BID/OFFER Positon of selected stocks at close of trading on 14 January 2008

Demand Supply
INTBREW 12.72m SKYEBANK 3.07m
AIICO 33.19m FIRSTINLND 9.09m
ECOBANK 15.86m AFRIBANK 9.31m
PLATINUM 39.05m WEMABANK 28.07m
ZENITHBANK 12.35m
NSLTECH 6.75m
NEM 2.36m
CHEVRON 0.328m
CONTINSURE 7.92m
CRUSADER 19.28m
DIAMONDBNK 16.83m
DEAPCAP 8.71m
EQUITYASUR 32.99m
LASACO 2.03m
MBENEFIT 1.80m
COSTAIN 1.62m
BIGTREAT 5.63m
LIVESTOCK 4.94m
UNTL 3.02m
STACO 0.302m

Thanks for this!!! I hope you can make it regular to be combined with the one from kpineo. Please o. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2008
ebony9ja:

Deap capital/ outcome of meeting.

Bonus of 1 for 2 is sure. no problems on that. Dont forget the dividend oh.

result will hit the market anytime soon.

Thanks for following through with this. As for me, I too believe you sef grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2008
tonyjon:

I have a large portfolio with them(UBA) that is why am a bit disturbed. I have made up my mind to go with Vetiva  and then try to transfer my portfolio later. I was about injecting #1.2m today for First bank but with all these their nonsense, I decided to stop. I will use the money to open a new account with Vetiva.

Just keep me posted if there is any new development.

Peace.

I sent a polite email to the MD / CEO MR. HARUNA JALO-WAZIRI and copied Bode Adesegha Head, Trading Unit. I can forward you the email if you send me ur addy). Mr Haruna replied promptly but said he was going into a meeting but is willing to look into it. I guess if all nairalander (especially NRN / UBAS users)  bombard both of them with emails, they might take notice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2008
NBA:

UBA Stockbrokers

Guys,
I was hoping to keep the conversation on the other thread but it doesn't really matter now, boys don vex already!

OK, from what I understand, the NRN folks were instructed to only move money from the current/checking account to the Stockbrokers - the only reason I believe is to make more money for UBA. You do not need to have an account with UBA to use their Stockbroking service.

I contacted UBA Stockbrokers directly and you can transfer the money to their account directly, the email response is attached with the account number. As I mentioned on the other thread, I only use the savings product  most times though I have the current and domiciliary accounts.

My opinion though is deal with the Stockbroking folks directly. The NRN reps don't need to be involved. However with the complain of slow execution mentioned here and lack of on line access , I may not fund that account

If you have complaints, you can send it to this guy. He was in charge of the NRN product a while back.

Chidi N. Okpala

Head, NRN Banking & Remittances Division

United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc I UBA House I 15th Floor

57 Marina -  Lagos , Nigeria

Office: +234 1 264 4652 - 700, EXT 15558 I DL:+234 1 270 4494 I Fax: +234 1264 4769

chidi.okpala at ubagroup dot com

oh boy my relationship officer vex for and told me not to ever contact her for any stock broking business. She said she would only deal with me only to transfer money between my current account and capital mkt account (COT) this is only because i vex because say she no de give me updates about my mandates. I had a mandate executed on 24/12, up to 31/12 she hadnt told until I called the brokers directly.

e be like say i go fashi dem both NRN, stockbroking and everything to do with them, only in nigeria can such things happen.

Imagine, b4 i get home this evening there will be 'thousands' of letters from companies offering you all sorts or goodies just to sign up to them for one thing or the other, but in 9ja i have to offer companies all sorts of things to be nice to me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2008
Latest Market Info
NIG-GERMAN: 3RD QTR SEPT 2007

NIGERIAN GERMAN PLC, UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR NINE MONTHS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30,2007

TURNOVER 07 N2.117b, 06 N1.982b

PBT 07 N206.822m, 06 N166.140m

TAXATION 07 (N62.047m) 06 (N49.842m)

PAT 07 N144.775m, 06 N116.298m

NIG-GERMAN closed up 0.700 at 27.010. Volume was 26% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 89% wider than normal.

Open High Low Close Volume___

26.310 27.010 26.310 27.010 72,043

Technical Outlook

Short Term: Neutral

Intermediate Term: Bullish

Long Term: Bullish

Price Trend Report:5 Moving Average: Current price is below 5-period moving average: 27.33

21 Moving Average: Current price is above 21-period moving average: 25.48

LSQ Analysis: Current price is 129% above its price trend.

Bollinger Band Analysis: Price Volatility: Increasing; Price Trend: Not in trend (probably is in sideway or reversing);

Hurst Trend Analysis: Hurst Exponent: 1.0000, current trend will continue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Indicators Report: Value Tips

RSI 62.2

MACD -0.3

CCI 28.2

DMI 43.4; 13.4

K%D 55.6; 57.5

NVI 25.0 Up trend is likly to continue.

OBV 3334.3

PVI 144.0 Price isnt likely to rise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRW Stock Forecaster:Prediction for Next Three Prices: 26.91, 26.70, 26.56

Deviation*: 0.04

Price Direction(short term): Price will go down.

Hope this helps.
for the christians in the house keep tobechukwu in ur prayers tonight and this week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2008
@

Abeg make una see market report jare. Make una no mind me I don vex for UBAS

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2008
@bigjay01
You got it, cool.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2008
jungle700:

This is to all the guys in the house, keep up the good work.

Here is my question, I subscribed to the CSCS online service way back in October last year. Even though, i have all the necessary details to log in online now, my problem is that whenever i click on my portfolio section, it's always blank giving that I have stock positions registered to my CSCS account. Anyone in the same shoe as me, Please has anyone got any contact details for CSCS preferably e-mail addy.

Have you ever logged onto profile after getting the access, if yes, then you have to clean out your internet explorer cache against all forms of pestilent files. I had the same problem way back.

If not, send an email to the sender of the confirmation email you got, i.e. the email containing your password details.

I hope this helps.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2008
@bigjay01
Na wa for this UBA story O. The NRN reps have been quite good, they may have been put in a difficult situation making them interface with the Stockbroking when there is clearly no need for it. Doesn't excuse bad behavior though.

Anyway, you guys will like Vetiva compared to the stuff I have read here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2008
NBA:

@bigjay01
Na wa for this UBA story O. The NRN reps have been quite good, they may have been put in a difficult situation making them interface with the Stockbroking when there is clearly no need for it. Doesn't excuse bad behavior though.

Anyway, you guys will like Vetiva compared to the stuff I have read here.

I find it strange all the experience guys have been having with UBA. Thank God I didn't settle for them mid last year when I was looking for a broker. What put me off then was their online absence and requirement to do one shareplus stuff where we both would go into stock partnership. I voted with my feet.

I settled for Zenith securities and since then, it has been heaven. Orders are executed same day (if available on the floor) and you have online access to your profile with gain/loss analysis and stuff. The next day, you see your updated orders waiting for you online. Their customer service is also very good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2008
aktopgun:

Hope this helps.
for the christians in the house keep tobechukwu in your prayers tonight and this week.

Hey aktopgun, I hope Tobechukwu is alright, but I'll lift Him up in prayer and praise.

@bigjay, wow@ relationship officer, they are usually really good, I think the bad service of the brokers put them in a bad spot, which is why i signed up for CSCS online acct at least for the small one there. I'm going with Vetiva I believe or BGL.
pumping777:

Thanks for this!!! I hope you can make it regular to be combined with the one from kpineo. Please o. grin
Hey pumping abeg does BGL charge you 10% off profits you make annually?

@tonyjon, thanks much for that info, really easy and very straight forward, I can send that one. Why dont they check their emails (thats not good sha, why bother putting email on website) and pls also who do you email that to?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
bigjay01:

I sent a polite email to the MD / CEO MR. HARUNA JALO-WAZIRI and copied Bode Adesegha Head, Trading Unit. I can forward you the email if you send me your addy). Mr Haruna replied promptly but said he was going into a meeting but is willing to look into it. I guess if all nairalander (especially NRN / UBAS users)  bombard both of them with emails, they might take notice.

Bigjay01,

Please, send his(MD) contact address to me and also forward the e-mail to my box , jontony20 at yahoo dot com

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr:

Hey aktopgun, I hope Tobechukwu is alright, but I'll lift Him up in prayer and praise.

@bigjay, wow@ relationship officer, they are usually really good, I think the bad service of the brokers put them in a bad spot, which is why i signed up for CSCS online acct at least for the small one there. I'm going with Vetiva I believe or BGL. Hey pumping abeg does BGL charge you 10% off profits you make annually?

@tonyjon, thanks much for that info, really easy and very straight forward, I can send that one. Why don't they check their emails (thats not good sha, why bother putting email on website) and please also who do you email that to?

Send the documents to this e-mail address: sales@vetiva.com. ATTN: TOKUNBO

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr:

Hey pumping abeg does BGL charge you 10% off profits you make annually?

O ti o. For what now? After my commission? I don't receive ANY advice from them. I just issue buy and sell instructions.

I will only expect this from a managed portfolio account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2008
I recommend Afrinvest West Africa for Stock Brokerage business. Good execution service recently by emails and an average online presence
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Cashisking: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2008
I will like to use this forum to thank the moderators and all the contributors. I am new to the site and I like what I read. I started investing in NSE for the past one year and all have been good. None the less I will like to know the good entry point for Fidelity Bank? Do you think it will go below 10.50 naira. Thanks for your help.

Cashisking
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2008
4wheel:

I find it strange all the experience guys have been having with UBA. Thank God I didn't settle for them mid last year when I was looking for a broker. What put me off then was their online absence and requirement to do one shareplus stuff where we both would go into stock partnership. I voted with my feet.

I settled for Zenith securities and since then, it has been heaven. Orders are executed same day (if available on the floor) and you have online access to your profile with gain/loss analysis and stuff. The next day, you see your updated orders waiting for you online. Their customer service is also very good.

@4wheel
I almost vex finish last week, with all the chaos with the Software upgrade - and sometimes lack of response, I would not entirely give their customer services - "A". They are just OK, but compared to the ongoing UBA stockbroker ltd dilemma, I can agree with you.
But, i think i would vote for one to keep two stockbroking firm, and would consider Vetiva or Afrinvest as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sweetcheek(f): 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ father of 2 and @ololufemi,i want to start investing in the stock market but i dont have much capital yet so i want to start small small.

@father of two and ololufemi please if one has only 50k to invest which of the cheap stocks will you advise as a good buy, i read one of your posts today where u said that cileasing might be a good buy if it drops a bit tomm.

pls i will appreciate ur reply soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2008
pumping777:

O ti o. For what now? After my commission? I don't receive ANY advice from them. I just issue buy and sell instructions.

I will only expect this from a managed portfolio account.

haha ok I was wondering, how is the online portal? Also do they let you use their address? cause I'm leaning more towards them than BGL because my cousin works there, and it'd be great to have someone on ground.
Actually the 10% is a 10% fees on dividends, have you noticed that, and why is that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Pumping777,

Pls what is a managed portfolio account? How does it work? Is it the same as Day Trading?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2008
Managed portfolio is when you pay some mony to you brokers to be using to trade for you on their. Own free will.

A percentage return will be agreed beforehand, and they will pay to you at the end of the year.

They do it for high networth individuals (like pumping) just joking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naijadr:

Actually the 10% is a 10% fees on dividends, have you noticed that, and why is that?

Govt of Naija charges a 10% "Dividend Witholding Tax". One more reason why I try to exit before the dividend closes. No need to pay more to Uncle Sege/Musa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2008
Aktopgun is probably right about NGC losing marginally for a few days, but it will not lose too much because of its liquidity.

However it is a good buy for me, reason is that at least having a modest growt seems to me more sustainable than some of these companies at break neck speed. Kind of scary.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2008
@easimoni, dont you think this is double taxation? Since the company has paid the same govt. Before the rest was declared profit after TAX?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Invincible,

Thanks. What % returns should one ask for on a Managed Portfolio platform and what is a likely minimum deposit in your own experience and which highly responsible broker can one use?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Guk, I was offered 20% on 5 million minimun by eurocomm securities, but I refused, my portfolio did more than 60% that year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2008
Aktogun,
The bundle of joy- Tobechukwu will remain so.
It is well, Prasie God.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Invincible,

Haba!!! 20% is chancing, i could do 20% on my own quarterly.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Guk, some said its worth it, what if the NSE ended in the negative on a year, they must still give you the agreed 20%.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2008
easimoni:

Govt of Naija charges a 10% "Dividend Witholding Tax". One more reason why I try to exit before the dividend closes. No need to pay more to Uncle Sege/Musa
Aah ok now thats something new I learned today! Thanks

I think NGC will prob drop no less than N25.99 by friday, but it'll pick back up, will be good in mid-long haul. Sold the one from Oct, but had on I bought end of dec that I kept, nothing big. Its still a great company
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2008
I only hope this NGC result which some say is slightly below expectation is still enough to earn us a bonus at Full year result.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2008
I only hope this NGC result which some say is slightly below expectation is still enough to earn us a bonus at Full year result.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.