Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,152 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:03 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (828953 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

Hmmmm, i can see the new unit of measure now is Kg (weight),

So how many units = 1kg.

I laff die!!!

@FatherOF2
Ya last post is number 419!!!
I go die with lafta o!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

Hmmmm, i can see the new unit of measure now is Kg (weight).

So how many units = 1kg.

Ah ah,Engineer, Na S.I.units we dey na . . . ."Kilo" na 1000.

70kg must to be 70,000 units. . .

No be una dey dey inside plane com dey make man pikin dey think luggage in kg weight. . ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ Fof2

You dey sure about this Alscon matter? I know say Windywendy dey analyse well well before taking position. You know your children plenty for this forum. Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2008
4wheel:

I laff die!!!

@FatherOF2
Ya last post is number 419!!!
I go die with lafta o!!!!

This na very funny evening oh.I no notice oh.
Krrush:

Ah ah,Engineer, Na S.I.units we dey na . . . ."Kilo" na 1000.

70kg must to be 70,000 units. . .

No be una dey dey inside plane com dey make man pikin dey think luggage in kg weight. . ?

As from now na kg we go dey talk am.
Favour08:

@ Fof2

You dey sure about this Alscon matter? I know say Windywendy dey analyse well well before taking position. You know your children plenty for this forum. Cheers.

Dem never start work no mind oyinbo russia.I no wan make temptation make me talk more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 12:08am On Jan 24, 2008
@Fatherof2
you dey oh. Never sleep yet for niger ,after midnight. Just pass 6 pm here for yankee. So which stocks make we go dey eye for this month end.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 12:23am On Jan 24, 2008
Please can some explain why I get too different stock valuation from Investor Delight and Nigerian Securities. Last week Nigerian Securities was right throughout and today its Investors Delight. What I find strange is it that the rates they quote is sometimes higher than the peak price for the day so it makes me wonder at what point did they take the valuation if their low price is below the lowest price of the share that day and the high price above the highest price that day. What exactly is happening here. Please help one has FCMB as 19.77 and the other 20.00, Nahco as 28.50 and the other has it 28.77
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 12:30am On Jan 24, 2008
Na wa 4 dis Thread o!, If i no put name for my posting mean sey nobody go ansa me, and e no be like dis b4. Ahh na waoo.

Make Una ansa me now, Pumpin777, Fo2,Easimonie where una dey sef?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 12:32am On Jan 24, 2008
@All
my addiction to this thread don pass cocaine o! make una help
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 12:34am On Jan 24, 2008
Pumpin777, Fo2, Easimoni, Aktopgun,Wendy Et'al.

1, Please, can you tell when DANGOTE FLOUR MILL will be listed?
2, What do you guys fill about about INTERNATIONAL ENERGY INSSURANCE?, i bought 15,000 Unit before the reconstruction and now
   myholdings is just 5,000 Units how certain can it get to my exit point of N15?
3, Should i still hold my UNITY BANK or i should just sell it? and when are they likely to do their P.O?
4, When will the ACEN INSURANCE approach the market again? because i am set to join the train, i don't want to miss out as i did with
   INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES?

To all GURU'S in the house.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 12:48am On Jan 24, 2008
Ben0524:

Pumpin777, Fo2, Easimoni, Aktopgun,Wendy Et'al.

1, Please, can you tell when DANGOTE FLOUR MILL will be listed?
2, What do you guys fill about about INTERNATIONAL ENERGY INSSURANCE?, i bought 15,000 Unit before the reconstruction and now
    myholdings is just 5,000 Units how certain can it get to my exit point of N15?
3, Should i still hold my UNITY BANK or i should just sell it? and when are they likely to do their P.O?
4, When will the ACEN INSURANCE approach the market again? because i am set to join the train, i don't want to miss out as i did with
    INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES?

To all GURU'S in the house.

1. Check the prospectus, date is usually there.
2. Nothing is certain on NSE, so decide if you have made enough profit, if yes sell, if not risk it and wait you may make more.
3. You can wait till next week but don't be caught unawares. Again Sell if you made enough profit "No one knows the hour or date it will go on technical suspension".
4. "No one knows the hour or the date they will go to the market"

Unless a company announces or you are an insider, no one ever knows when any stock is going to the market (most often you hear the rumour sha).
Keep your ears to the ground, read proshare, nigeria securities e.t.c and ask your broker to be on the lookout (if he/she is reliable).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2008
Guk:

@blest and koksieboy, our Cisco Gurus,

I salute o!!

I beg, how can i download a Video file from You Tube?

Follow the links below

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_youtube/2006/02/how_to_download_and_save_youtu.html

http://www.lockergnome.com/media/2006/05/21/how-to-download-movies-from-youtube/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Jan 24, 2008
Wanajo & all,
The Central Securities Clearing Systems Ltd (CSCS) has credited accounts of shareholders that qualified for bonus issues of First Bank of Nigeria Plc with the bonus declared for 2007 financial year end
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:05am On Jan 24, 2008
Wanajo & all,
I learnt that the Central Securities Clearing Systems Ltd (CSCS) has credited accounts of shareholders that qualified for bonus issues of First Bank of Nigeria Plc with the bonus declared for 2007 financial year end.

The operative word is shareholders that qualified Are those that bought the P.O of last year qualified.

Answers  please
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 8:38am On Jan 24, 2008
i think this section of Nairaland is becoming a much needed stimulant to me oo. Cant do without it everyday.

Respect for all the gurus in front. We appreciate how you carry us along and answer questions on this forum. God bless you all.

Pleease answer the question about the first bank issue oo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2008
rasputinn:

Wanajo & all,
I learnt that the Central Securities Clearing Systems Ltd (CSCS) has credited accounts of shareholders that qualified for bonus issues of First Bank of Nigeria Plc with the bonus declared for 2007 financial year end.

The operative word is shareholders that qualified Are those that bought the P.O of last year qualified.

Answers please

They did so a couple of weeks ago.

No, those that bought the PO did not qualify. That was why they bought at a 'discount' tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:08am On Jan 24, 2008
@mishoo, rasputinn

I don't think buyers in the 1st bank PO qualify for the bonus issue.

@Nairalanders
What is source of information that the 1st Bank bonus issue has been credited to CSCS.
It hasn't been credited to mine yet.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2008
@ Father of 2,
According to maslow theory of human growth, He propounded that the highiest hierachy of growth is self actualization, where ur greatest joy is to share with people whatever u have, with this, i say goodmorning sir and thank u for your non stop ideologies in this forum corner. Pls don,t be tired.
I believe the time has come we NIGERIANS to start enjoying the fruit of our predesessors. NIGERIA is on it,s rise let us all rise along with it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2008
What will be the effects of this banking uniform closing of accounts.

Would banks withold our dividends and bonuses till december 2008?

What will this do for CICO strategists?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2008
@ Grabdaloot,
         you seem to have gone on vacation like Ololufemi, what,s the secret? are u in another financial forum? any way good morning and how is your job and family? i,m kinda missing you in this thread.

@Wanajo,
         Goodmorning sir, please could u help me out with some e-books on stock market studies or any financial motivational e-book from BUFFET or others.

@Easimoni,
          Goodmorning to you sir, pls i,m asking of you same above. i will be very glad if only you can really help me out. my e-mail id is    osazeet@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 10:18am On Jan 24, 2008
@kauskey and all that are interested in DEAP CAPITAL. The EGM did take place yesterday. This is from proshareng.

Maybe the gurus can start making investment decisions on this. Still awaiting full yr result though.

Deap Capital plans N6b public offering, raises authorised ca
Posted Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Deap Capital Management and Trust Plc, a company quoted in the other financial institutions sub-sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has concluded plans to raise about N6 billion from the new issues market.
The fund would be raised through the issuance of one billion shares of 50 kobo each at a price to be determined by the board and approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Preparatory to the new issue, the company's shareholders yesterday at an extra-ordinary general meeting approved some resolutions proposed by the board to them.
For instance, it was proposed that the company's authorised share capital be increased from N500 million to N1.5 billion by the creation of additional two billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each, ranking Parri Passu in all respects with the existing shares of the company, which was approved.
Besides, the resolution that the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company be adjusted respectively was equally approved.
The directors were also authorised to offer to the public by way of public offer, one billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each in the capital of the company at a date and upon the terms and conditions as the directors may in their absolute discretion determine.
Addressing shareholders at the meeting before the approval the company's chairman, Mr. Sylvanus Ezendu said: "We have heard that the share capital will be increased from N70 million to N1 billion. We also have subsidiaries in oil and gas, mortagage banking and stockbroking and issuing house business.
Amplifying further, he said: "Our subsidiary, Resort Securities requires N1 billion capitalisation, Resort Savings and Loans requires N2 billion, and Deap Capital as an issuing house has to increase capital to N2 billion. That is why we are raising fresh funds. If is to part-finance our various subsidiaries."
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2008
[size=14pt]@FATHEROF2[/size]

Baba mi! eh! elenu. e lenu bi bootcut jeans. I NEED HELP.

ow u wan help me baba me?

i want to liquidate my portfolio and reenter
i have the following
AP @ <40
IBTC
ACCESS @3.5
FIRSTBANK
WAPCO @ <30
WEMA @10

i have made like 200% on the average and i want to reinvest.
please advice me one what to do?

@PUMPING

u don't need hailing. anything for the long term? or medium long term self.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2008
lawalidowu:

This is hilarious cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2008
windywendy:

Oh no, don't fret now. You just have to be smart about how you break the news to her. The following scenario might help:

Act 1, scene 1: moneytalk takes wifey to her favorite restaurant and orders her very very favorite entree
Act 1, scene 2: moneytalk begins to say to wifey "ooohhh, i just want you to know just how special you are to me . . . You are absolutely the most [s]oh and by the way I bought shares in wema [/s] wonderful woman in my world, and I'm so blessed to have you . . .
Act 2, scene 1: wifey goes "huh?? you what??" but by this time is too distracted by her favorite dessert and couldn't care less . . .

A perfect ending  cheesy cheesy

Try it out and let us know how it works out for you  wink wink

For the mama ke, u too much o! from NSE analysis to script writing, from scrip writing to home management chei!! this your talent too much ooo!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:50am On Jan 24, 2008
father of2
the one and only baba of many, Good morning o! baba
more grace to your elbow
may your funtain of Knowledge never dry o baba
baba agba to mo yi omo
i have inform my broker to make my ikeja hotel first thing today
i hope the they will not give me story today as gave me when i oder for unic
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:53am On Jan 24, 2008
Guk:

@blest and koksieboy, our Cisco Gurus,

I salute o!!

I beg, how can i download a Video file from You Tube?

NSE don enter You Tube? This site is becoming very captivating! I no go go anoda skool again, na here I go do my PHD grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2008
baba ke!
bba ooooh!!
baba too much!!!
so many funny clowns on the forum here!
Look like funny politicians that want favour from their colleagues
anyway everyone has a way of enjoying life
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2008
@All
my addiction to this thread don pass cocaine o! make una help
You mean you can't do without a dose of nl and NSE everyday?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 11:13am On Jan 24, 2008
@All:

I have stood here watching Transcorp slide the steep journey downwards and although it is still in very turbulent waters, i am seriously tempted to go in for a swoop. . .  I have actually resisted the temptation for so many months now, irrespective of what my calculations have been giving me, and will say my broker has been the one reason why i havent bought it yet because he refuses to buy it even when i threaten to move my portfolio.

Is this a case of the right kind of risk? or is it a recipe for disaster?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:23am On Jan 24, 2008
whitelexi:

@All:

I have stood here watching Transcorp slide the steep journey downwards and although it is still in very turbulent waters, i am seriously tempted to go in for a swoop. . .  I have actually resisted the temptation for so many months now, irrespective of what my calculations have been giving me, and will say my broker has been the one reason why i havent bought it yet because he refuses to buy it even when i threaten to move my portfolio.

Except you want to CICO (cycle in-cycle out)/RORO (roll on-roll off)/GIGOTM[color=#000099][/color] (get in-get out) or know something that is not available in the public domain, I would suggest you leave Transcorp alone.  I can compile an epistle of bad news that has been released about the company since it went public.  Transcorp has 21 billion shares outstanding; if the company's situation should change tomorrow, there'll be plenty of shares to go around.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2008
whitelexi:

@All:

I have stood here watching Transcorp slide the steep journey downwards and although it is still in very turbulent waters, i am seriously tempted to go in for a swoop. . . I have actually resisted the temptation for so many months now, irrespective of what my calculations have been giving me, and will say my broker has been the one reason why i havent bought it yet because he refuses to buy it even when i threaten to move my portfolio.

Exactly my feelings on Transcorp for some time. i wasnt even thinking of CICO but that they might not be worse because of all the bad news that is trailing them now. i think they might be good for long term. i hope they will get better even if i have to wait for a loooooong time.

just my (silly) thot. Let the gurus talk !!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:44am On Jan 24, 2008
lawalidowu:

ow u wan help me baba me?

i want to liquidate my portfolio and reenter
i have the following
AP @ <40
IBTC
ACCESS @3.5
FIRSTBANK
WAPCO @ <30
WEMA @10

i have made like 200% on the average and i want to reinvest.
please advice me one what to do?

@PUMPING

u don't need hailing. anything for the long term? or medium long term self.

what right do u have to call the father -of-all-fathers, patron-saint-of-short- termers such a name. mind urself oh! or i go strike u with my horns. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2008
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE OUTCOME OF THE UBA AGM WHERE A PROPOSAL TO MAKE THEIR OUTSTANDING SHARES 15B?
does anyone know if the shareholders gave the approval?

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.