Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822595 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2008
rasputinn:

@Yodi

On a more serious note,I don't see anything wrong with the "beating" of insurance stocks as you put it.The price plunges are just due to people selling in anticipationnof TS as most insurance firms are figuring to come to the market to raise fresh funds,so it's only CICO investors that may worry as me I will sell @ nothing less than 15 naira.At least I applied the same principle to Tripple G(which I bought @ 5.65,watched it plunge and stay down for sometime and is now aiming for the stars)which closed @ 18.89 today

How many people can watch their stocks plunged? When people talk about collecting loan for two months, using school fees to do CICO you know that something is just not right!!!

People tend to forget that prices tend to go up nad down in the short term. With the best of analysis no one can TIME the market. Hence people should factor that into their calculations and tailor it to meet their risk profile.

As per Japual, I don't own any. Not really fascinated with the business they are in. Yes marine services is lucrative but not under the current crisis in the Ndelta. Pyrates have taken over the bonny river. Activity level is low. So when you remove the hype, where will the money come from.

Ja Paul is a good company but not well favoured. If you are looking for a well positioned company to buy, look for Dorman Long. It is an engineering company. Not yet listed but they are set for great things especially with the local content policy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ Yodi, invisible, Risky,

Brilliant posts! I agree the day of reckoning is coming. Even "oil" in the name won't save any stock without fundamentals. Let earnings season being in April. N10 stocks will give 5k dividends, eyes go open, margins will be called in and then
rasputinn:

He said "of recent",which I suspect to mean that he bought @ over 10 at least.My advice is same as Mr Risky's just be patient awhile else you may regret any panic sale,I'm so sure you will.

If he is in the red, he bought Japaul at 13+. Let them start issuing certs in a few weeks. The bottom could fall out!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2008
I sold a part of my holdings in POLYPROD (yes polyprod) after 10days with about 40% profit. Just sold a part of it that recovered all my capital, the other remainder is still growing at maximum rate daily (money I can afford to loose). THE WATCHWORD DURING A BULL MARKET IS TIMING AND AVOIDANCE OF GREED. Bail out once you've hit your target and forget anything that happens.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2008
rasputinn:

He said "of recent",which I suspect to mean that he bought @ over 10 at least.My advice is same as Mr Risky's just be patient awhile else you may regret any panic sale,I'm so sure you will.

Timing is the key point here. He must sell before the Japaul shares are listed and folks are in a position to sell. This is very key. We are talking of over 200% profit available to be locked in by PO subscribers and they will pounce.

Yes, there is no need to sell in a panic because for now Japaul will probably not make it back to N10 before some support even if only temporary. At least he can try selling when the stock is not on a free fall.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2008
@easimoni even Fatherof2 when be chief CICO go tell u say d thing dey too expensive and the price is not right.

Like madam yodi don talk, entry price na im. See Okitipukpa, Rietzcoz nig. plc,incar, etc dey rise. only one deal and,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2008
pumping777:

Timing is the key point here. He must sell before the Japaul shares are listed and folks are in a position to sell. This is very key. We are talking of over 200% profit available to be locked in.

Yes, there is no need to sell in a panic because for now Japaul will probably not make it back to N10 before some support even if only temporary.

This is very key.

Not so sure about that, what of PO sellers.

upward:

I sold a part of my holdings in POLYPROD (yes polyprod) after 10days with about 40% profit. Just sold a part of it that recovered all my capital, the other remainder is still growing at maximum rate daily (money I can afford to loose). THE WATCHWORD DURING A BULL MARKET IS TIMING AND AVOIDANCE OF GREED. Bail out once you've hit your target and forget anything that happens.

Upward,

All you are saying is still dependant on entry price. If you entered at the peak of the bull, the only way to go would have been down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
Why people dey panic The BEARS are not yet around!!!!!!! At least OandO is still doing the daily 5%

A sound stock even if it takes a beating will still recover. Check WAPCo.

Well, 2007 experience is being played out again. By end Q2/Q3 things will change. For those that can wait for 18months. Check the banks. That's where the harvest will be.

On the Dec end date for the banks, it will separate the wheat from the chaff. Banks that usually get placement to bost balance sheet at end year cannot do so again! All will have the same end year!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
@All

I bought the japaul oil at N10.70, it did rise to N15.00 but GREED didn't allow me to sell them cos my stock broker speculated N22.00 on the damn stock. Any IDEA? Now it's 12.94,   sad  angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
yodiyokun:

Not so sure about that, what of PO sellers.

PO subscribers are not able to sell yet. The shares are not yet listed so there can be a temporary support before these guys come in to play.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2008
I think I now knowwhy Footwear manufacturing and Lennards are not doing well. Check out the quantity of 'ponmo' that ppl chew as delicacies everyday. These ppl are eating our shoes, and will come back and complain about high shoe prices?

Shouldnt ponmo be banned?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2008
mecatchcha:

@All

I bought the japaul oil at N10.70, it did rise to N15.00 but GREED didn't allow me to sell them because my stock broker speculated N22.00 on the damn stock. Any IDEA? Now it's 12.94,   sad  angry

For me, I don't think this price drop is specific to Japaul. Just a lot of profit taking on the NSE in the last 2 weeks or so. Hope for some stability but keep your ear on the ground for when the shares will be listed.

I do not consider your buying price that bad. Japaul slide will halt soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2008
invisible!:

I think I now knowwhy Footwear manufacturing and Lennards are not doing well. Check out the quantity of 'ponmo' that people chew as delicacies everyday. These people are eating our shoes, and will come back and complain about high shoe prices?

Shouldnt ponmo be banned?

I dey eat ponmo for Canada, and we get plenty shoes here - I beg leave ponmo for ponmo eaters ojere.

mecatchcha:

@All

I bought the japaul oil at N10.70, it did rise to N15.00 but GREED didn't allow me to sell them because my stock broker speculated N22.00 on the damn stock. Any IDEA? Now it's 12.94,   sad  angry

That price no too bad, at least you did not buy at N15 - na some people buy at that price, they will be wetting their pants now.

Look at pumpings yarn, it makes a bit of sense. It may still rise again be4 PO sellers swoon.

Besides it gained 14k today, so it may swing upward again. Once it does you better sell - you allowed 40% to escape you like that, At least lock in your proft.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2008
@PUMPING777

Hey Pal, thanks for the reply. Please, how do I get to know when the shares get listed in order to bail out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2008
Ha! Ponmo for Canada? I think these Oyibos no like animal skin oo. I thought they will do oyibo oyibo and chop only the beef.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2008
mecatchcha:

@PUMPING777

Hey Pal, thanks for the reply. Please, how do I get to know when the shares get listed in order to bail out?

Look at this bobo - they will publish it in newspaper, also susbcribe to Proshare.com.

Anyway the allotment schedule has been released, the certificate and listing on NSe na im remain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2008
@PUMPING,

What is the final outstanding shares for FCMB and Access Bank?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2008
Napolean:

@ Wanajo
What you said about Dorman is spot on. They know their onions, are expanding wisely and are well capitalised.

Who mentioned nigerian ropes?

Funnily enough it is a good support company. It shouldn't have been listed really because the owners do not part with their shares. Ropes is owned by the amiable Sen Bode Olajumoke who also has a great stake in Grimaldi which dominates the shipping waters, also had a port concessioned to him by Shege, owns ro-ro oceanic and other similar companies. The man is a mega player in the Nigerian shipping industry and ropes is one of his support companies.

Sir,

You dey Lurk here, Let your hear your words of wisdom continually ooo.

Do not leave us to our devises
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2008
The outbursts of the last few posts looks like a family meeting meant to scold an under aged girl who got pregnant?

The elders have spoken,he that hath an ear let him hear.

The NSE is a not a money doubling machine. Seeeeee gbo.

Blueband and AKtopgun,i now know why you guys are in business.

Back to work abeg,meanwile where art FO2,Napolean,Frankiriri,Temmie 10
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2008
Napolean:

@ Wanajo
What you said about Dorman is spot on. They know their onions, are expanding wisely and are well capitalised.

Dorman Long -

No be that company whey dey under bridge for Jibowu side.

Since I was a little girl - that compnay dey always fascinate me - I always wonder what they do there. Everytime I drive round that place I wonder where on earth is their entrance, but you can see them from the bridge.

I think say na dead company ooooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2008
Windy Wendy - you dey see Niwicable Less than N12
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2008
yodiyokun:

Look at this bobo - they will publish it in newspaper, also susbcribe to Proshare.com.

Anyway the allotment schedule has been released, the certificate and listing on NSe na im remain.

@yodiyokun

Please,  What's the site again? Can you cross check it again? www.proshare.com is not opening on my browser.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
@yodiyokun

Please, what's ur take on NiwiCable? Been waiting for it to loose blood down to N10.00.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2008
Napolean:

@ Wanajo

Who mentioned nigerian ropes?

Funnily enough it is a good support company. It shouldn't have been listed really because the owners do not part with their shares. Ropes is owned by the amiable Sen Bode Olajumoke who also has a great stake in Grimaldi which dominates the shipping waters, also had a port concessioned to him by Shege, owns ro-ro oceanic and other similar companies. The man is a mega player in the Nigerian shipping industry and ropes is one of his support companies.

I throw way salute OO!!!

Dorman Long still have a LONG way to go but they are well positioned to reap from the local content policy especially in the oil industry. They and Nigerdock are two companies well favoured to benefit. Do you have any news about the Nigerdock offer for sale?

Bode Olajumoke na mega investor. Can't count the number of 'small' companies that the man used as investment vehicles. let me just say the man is loaded! There are rumours however that he is fronting for some military bigwigs. I think he was a one time permanent secretary in the defence ministry.

Nigerian Ropes na good company!!! never knew how much market they have. Not sure of their profitability though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2008
mecatchcha:

@yodiyokun

Please, What's the site again? Can you cross check it again? www.proshare.com is not opening on my browser.

Thanks.

www.proshareng.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2008
yodiyokun:

Dorman Long -

No be that company whey dey under bridge for Jibowu side.

Since I was a little girl - that compnay dey always fascinate me - I always wonder what they do there. Everytime I drive round that place I wonder where on earth is their entrance, but you can see them from the bridge.

I think say na dead company ooooo

Maybe dead before but now much alive!!!

They are the beautiful bride of the oil industry now. Quite professional also. They are into engineering, fabrication and maitenance services. With all the oil field development, expect them to be in a possition to benefit tremendously.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
damoche07:

The outbursts of the last few posts looks like a family meeting meant to scold an under aged girl who got pregnant?

The elders have spoken,he that hath an ear let him hear.

The NSE is a not a money doubling machine. Seeeeee gbo.

Blueband and AKtopgun,i now know why you guys are in business.

Back to work abeg,meanwile where art FO2,Napolean,Frankiriri,Temmie 10

We dey the meeting. We no wan talk put make the under aged girl no go commit suicide grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2008
loma, Roughcut

When you reduce the quantity in your NigerianSecurities portolio, You can put in the resultant cash in the cash box under the total market value below. So debit quantity and credit cash. I find this usefull so that i can track my cash position is with my broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2008
BATA by choice!! grin Lennards sounds like a better name, but if they revert maybe "sentiments" about the old schl sandals wey man pikin wear go schl, go cause de price to jump :p

my people if you've N2mil to put in today, what would you buy? I've 4 stocks in mind, but still trying to weigh everything out, Its unborrowed so no wahala dey
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2008
@Fatherof2, welcome back o. Me think say you vex commot. The CCNN matter no be the koko of the thing wey I dey talk before. I don tell you the thing wey vex me pass for that your post from that time, and I'm sure you get the idea. CCNN was just an anecdote. Anyway, the matter don resolve, so back to normal business  smiley.  It's good to see you back. As per the unilever, for me, I didn't see any real difference between the price I sold at and my initial target exit. I saw another stock capable of giving me more upside than what unilever had to offer and so I sold and moved in. The other stock, which I've since sold and moved into another, returned over 50%. In that same timeframe unilever hasn't even been able to do 10% more. Na opportunity cost me dey look o. Even the other stock I entered after selling the one that returned over 50% has gained like 13% already. I'll be revisiting unilever at another opportuned time  wink Make you no dey there too long o  cheesy

@yodiyokun, yes o, i dey see niwicable. I didn't think it would go below the 12 mark but from the look of things it seems like it might touch 10. I sold some when it touched the 14 mark and wanted to re-enter either today or tomorrow. I've put my broker on alert to get it for me as soon as he notices it bottoming out. It's a good medium to long term stock (more medium term for me) and I have my eye on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.