Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,051 members, 7,899,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826415 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by edwardaigb: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2008
Ladies/Gentlemen, i beg all in the name of God, let keep this forum going because i ve gain a lot from it. windywendy, pumping everyone can send me an email on market/stock tip.
edwardaigbokhan@yahoo.com.
thank you all and remain Bless.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2008
aktopgun:

@crazyT: unity, eternal bulls. remeber? lets see if they are up for the fight

@grabdbull: conoil. More pain  cry

@blueband et uluo: intenegins. ouch!

@risky: CILeasing: well u know the rest. interestingly though some buying pressure happened today on it but my guess is that it may still come south a little more

Omo na true o, that your candle get magic o.  grin grin grin
Any idea of how long the bulls wan play for this side of town so? Abi make I add another 200,000kg take join my 500,000kg tomorrow?

Help me check wetin candle talk for the duration o,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2008
angry sad embarassed

SEUN WHERE ARE YOU?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2008
When is AIRSERVICE year end
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2008
Aktopgun,

Before I take a Sabbatical leave, could you kindly shine your Candle light on THOMAS WYAT Plc for me, I can't seem to interpret it. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by falala(f): 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2008
thanks for the encouragement Roughcut.

Rasputinn, wise words

does anyone know the deal with Lotus? offer at N1(that's all the info i have) seems rather interesting to pass but  sad i swore off public offers

worth buying into?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2008
LondonCool:

Aktopgun,

Before I take a Sabbatical leave, could you kindly shine your Candle light on THOMAS WYAT Plc for me, I can't seem to interpret it. Thanks.

Highlightede portion seconded
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2008

Is this the first time we will hear that Vodacom wants to come into Nigeria under any guise?The CEO of vodacom, Alan Knott-Craig is highly Nigeriaphobic.Recall how vodacom was to come and bid for the original telecom licences,but monsieur Knott-Craig pulled out commenting that he didn't feel comfortable coming to do business in Nigeria that according to him"they(Nigerians)have a way of taking your money",an apparent refence to fraud.
It had to take the very impressive turnovers declared by MTN to rekindle Alan Knott-Craig's greed interest in Nigeria' telecom market.However,even on his second attempt to come in,could not yield any fruit.
So I am not too optimistic with this current move

Obviously, the announcement wasn't made in a vacuum. Vodacom have been wanting to get on
board as early as 2007 but BPE will not bulge in altering the Share Purchase Agreement or its
configuration. It is obvious to all now that somethng has to give between Transcorp and the FGN
as the status quo on NITEL is not sustainable.

Having said that, our government is not known to be very strategic, hence the only delay that I
see is if they insist on getting bids from other interested parties. Vodacom's talk with Transcorp
has gone for a long time and you will think by now Vodacom knows what its looking for and may
be more aware of NITEL/MTEL's problem already more than any other potential new core investor.
We will find out hopefully sometime this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2008
falala:

does anyone know the deal with Lotus? offer at N1(that's all the info i have) seems rather interesting to pass but  sad i swore off public offers

worth buying into?

Lotus Capital is a fund manager that is or will be selling and managing sharia-compliant  financial products. I think the intention is to set up i believe this is already at advanced stages  the first islamic/sharia bank which basically means they will be offering loans/credits without interest which is what i meant by sharia compliant financial products.

Since there is a market for sharia compliant products in the middle east so there's a proliferation of the type of institutions there. If you believe the market for this exists in Nigeria by all means you can go for it. That's all i know for now. I will try and look up the details again on Thisdayonline.com

CAVEAT EMPTY repete! Hope you know what this means grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2008
Gentlemen/Ladies

I believe sometimes it is better to ignore some comments you are not comfortable with or make your stand known in a very courteous manner, it is true when it comes to the NSE some of us need the "mammary gland" at least until we are able to feed on our own. This site had developed a lot of people not only on stock matters but on interpersonal skills, conflict management and it has become a very educative forum.

I believe we are all gentleman/ladies and should understand that sometimes it is better to keep quiet in order to preserve one's integrity than to defend one's self in an inappropriate manner. This forum represents what is good about Nigeria and it is actually the only site I know where every Nigerian is after the good of his brother/sister.

It might surprise you that a lot of non Nigerians also visit this site and have been quite impressed.

I would like to apologise to everyone who has felt insulted either directly or indirectly in the last few days. (ORI IDOBALE NIMOWA)

Normally at this time we would be getting the full analysis of the day and there would be one or two candle sticks glowing and when it gets very hot, you can always count on a cartoon sneaking in to cool our nerves. The only fighting witnessed was always between the bulls and the bears grin

All Gurus,

Please comeback as you have invested so much to this forum and it would not be the same without you, it is understandable if you want to be a silent reader for a while but don’t jump ship yet.

NB: I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR MODERATORS TO EXIST ON THIS FORUM.

Please if you feel offended by any of my comments; send your grievances to orisebawo@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
Iyke-D:

Obviously, the announcement wasn't made in a vacuum. Vodacom have been wanting to get on
board as early as 2007 but BPE will not bulge in altering the Share Purchase Agreement or its
configuration. It is obvious to all now that somethng has to give between Transcorp and the FGN
as the status quo on NITEL is not sustainable.

Having said that, our government is not known to be very strategic, hence the only delay that I
see is if they insist on getting bids from other interested parties. Vodacom's talk with Transcorp
has gone for a long time and you will think by now Vodacom knows what its looking for and may
be more aware of NITEL/MTEL's problem already more than any other potential new core investor.
We will find out hopefully sometime this year.

Hmnnn  depends on what story you have heard. From the report i read in Punch apparently Vodacom won the bid earlier on when NITEL/M-Tel were privatised b BPE but couldnt come up with the readies and in the process they actuall lost their $100M non-refundable deposit. I also understand this is one of the reasons Transcorp and the Fed Government are willing to divest to Vodacom

So many stories and reports flying around. I guess we havent heard the last of this!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2008
@roughcut,

I volunteered that time but seun no reply wetin woman go do na
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
LondonCool:

Aktopgun,

Candle no go show anything for that one.

BTW, I never BUY my own so no one should place order until I don BUY finish OOOO or else, na me go scatter this thread!!!!! Make person no mention one stock na so all the hawks go dey surround am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

@roughcut,

Pls do so one more time.

Its a serious need.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
The EAGLE (sorry BEAR) has landed.

Watch as spreadsheet money dey disappear

Watch as green dey turn to red!!!

What an interesting time we are in

Doctors in the house, business don come. More patient for you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by biddybee: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2008
When children decide to speak, it means some elders have refused imbibe sanity. My bible tells me that when fools keep silent, they are considered wise. It is not compulsory that every member of this great forum should voice his/her opinion. I am forced to air my views after being a silent member for so long.

First of all, permit me to thank all the guys that have been posting life changing tips and info on this forum. May the good Lord reward you immensely, I pray that you and your children will find favor everywhere you go, Amen. I also believe that you all have a right to withhold your posts, tips and views if you so desire even though many of us "children" will suffer.

Never the less, A man with a vision to empower his fellow humans will never be impeded by "Tobias and Samballats" that have crawled out of obscurity a few weeks ago in order to pose a threat on this forum. Nehemiah encountered opposition but he still carried on and built the walls of Jerusalem,

I strongly beseech you "true elders" of this forum to ignore the NFAs and negatives on this forum and pls move ahead and complete the good work you started.
Will you allow one man to stop you from blessing hundreds of people? The choice is yours.

Wish you all; years of health, abundant wealth and at the end of time, a mansion with God in heaven.

Long live Nairaland
Long live NSE
Long live Nigeria
Long live Nairalanders
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Candle no go show anything for that one.

marshall wanaj0 as you don post now na im be say the spirit is one i was just going to implore you please make una say something regarding all the shenanigan wey dey happen in the last few days.

Make you just apologise on behalf of every well -meaning n'landers to all those  who are aggrieved by one thing or the other  so that some sort of normalcy can be restored to this forum. You are the recognised elder on this forum i can think of right now.

@All

After marshall wanaj0 don talk finish make una end everything there o! Or else me i go launch WWW3 for n'land and that will not be a pretty sight at all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Wicked Man grin grin grin

Was just thinking about it today - bears have descended on Insurance sector for sure it is no win a downtrend except for the newly listed stock.

If you take a look at the charts, the lows are becoming lowers and highs are also lower so thats a general downtrend.

Afribank and Unitybank seem to be on a downtrend too . This isthe second time Afribank will be close to it PO price shocked

The other sectors are managing somewhat, but one shouuld shine her eyes well.

But like I told someone today, this may just be the pullback season before another bull run
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

Hmnnn  depends on what story you have heard. From the report i read in Punch apparently Vodacom won the bid earlier on when NITEL/M-Tel were privatised b BPE but couldnt come up with the readies and in the process they actuall lost their $100M non-refundable deposit. I also understand this is one of the reasons Transcorp and the Fed Government are willing to divest to Vodacom

So many stories and reports flying around. I guess we havent heard the last of this!

No man,that's not the story I referred to,your comment above happened much later(hence I remarked that they'd been attempting to come in @ various times),however though my fingers are crossed and I hope they don't mess this one up so I'll be able tlo kill two birds with one stone.
Bird one,Mtel has the lowest subscriber base,so if they pull this one off,that will mean they have to build more base stations across the countyr:MORE SITES FOR ME TO BUILD
Bird two;There's no doubt that such an action alone will help in  pushing up the share price of transcorp:SO I CAN ENTER IN GOOD TIME grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

@roughcut,

I remember that's why i brought it up so if Seun couldnt be bothered to reply you why was he making a song and dance about moderators for this forum. If he has enough volunteers all he needed to do was to let you know he's got the peeps he needed to moderate this forum

I beg my sis make you no vex commot o! Hopefully marshall wanaj0 go sort out all the mess. We are giving him the last word on this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2008

Sir Wanajo , I know that you have been sounding the warning bells long enough, but abeg, make you advice anyone with Green turning to REd na!

Make AKT and Blueband dem  no vex say business fit reduce grin !, Suspecting this will happen, I sat on some cash waiting for this time,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

marshall wanaj0 as you don post now na im be say the spirit is one i was just going to implore you please make una say something regarding all the shenanigan wey dey happen in the last few days.

Make you just apologise on behalf of every well -meaning n'landers to all those who are aggrieved by one thing or the other so that some sort of normalcy can be restored to this forum. You are the recognised elder on this forum i can think of right now.

@All

After marshall wanaj0 don talk finish make una end everything there o! Or else me i go launch WWW3 for n'land and that will not be a pretty sight at all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fellow Contrymen, (Nairalanders), I Brigadier Guguru and Epa, hereby decree a cease fire and order a sheathing of swords from all gruntled and disgruntled, guru and guguru, elders and youngies with immediate effect and automatic alacrity. Any future ddissenting voice will be met with the full force of the law!!!!!

No comment from anybody.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2008
I do not mind being a moderator on this forum grin

the before before site get different entry for different topic. this one dey flow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Fellow Contrymen, (Nairalanders), I Brigadier Guguru and Epa, hereby decree a cease fire and order a sheathing of swords from all gruntled and disgruntled, guru and guguru, elders and youngies with immediate effect and automatic alacrity. Any future ddissenting voice will be met with the full force of the law!!!!!

No comment from anybody.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Wicked Man grin grin grin

Was just thinking about it today - bears have descended on Insurance sector for sure it is no win a downtrend except for the newly listed stock.

If you take a look at the charts, the lows are becoming lowers and highs are also lower so thats a general downtrend.

Afribank and Unitybank seem to be on a downtrend too . This isthe second time Afribank will be close to it PO price shocked

The other sectors are managing somewhat, but one shouuld shine her eyes well.

But like I told someone today, this may just be the pullback season before another bull run

Wicked ke How

Bears are all over!!!!! Not only insurance stocks. Na general crisis.

Bull run Wetin go spark am? With the useless results to be churned out, don't see how the current ridiculous prices can be sustained.

Prince11:

Sir Wanajo , I know that you have been sounding the warning bells long enough, but abeg, make you advice anyone with Green turning to REd na!
Make AKT and Blueband them  no vex say business fit reduce grin !, Suspecting this will happen, I sat on some cash waiting for this time,

Patience go turn people to Patient. That's all that is needed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2008
orisebawo:

Normally at this time we would be getting the full analysis of the day and there would be one or two candle sticks glowing and when it gets very hot, you can always count on a cartoon sneaking in to cool our nerves. The only fighting witnessed was always between the bulls and the bears grin

Even the bull and the bear that were fighting before, when they saw money, they became friends!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
loma:

Even the bull and the bear that were fighting before, when they saw money, they became friends!

Money is a defence. Money answereth all things grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ Roughcut

I think you're mistaken about Vodacom.

It did come in with the original incarnation of Celtel but pulled out because of ethical concerns. The associate company, Vodafone, had something to do with that.

The company that lost the $100 million deposit was IIL. This was money it borrowed from 1st Bank and it was as a result of this matter that Longe was sacked as MD of 1st Bank.

Before Longe was replaced as MD of Transcorp it was strongly rumoured that he was at advanced stage of discussions about bringing Vodacom back as an investor.

I suspect that the recent noises about reversal or no reversal has a lot to do with who controls to whom and how the Nitel stakes are divested.

By the way, maximum gain for Transcorp today. Hope it continues.

@ Nairalanders

Regarding the exchange of insults, let the silent majority of us continue with the real business of Nairaland and ignore the insults. Please no further pleas to anybody. They will stop when they feel like.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
Anyway, my cash is my pocket. chikena.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2008
up transcorp. i bought at 7.50 and want to recoup my initial capital.

up transcorp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
Now that sanity seems to have returned to the forum, I guess we can begin the proceedings of the day  grin

First may I suggest that we refuse to respond to any of the people causing katakata? In the spirit of that, @greentree, i've decided not to respond to the question which you posed to me yesterday. Sorry, but if you're nice from now on, we may begin to pay you some attention and teach you how to make money  smiley

Rumor mill has it: ABC is planning a 1 for 2 Bonus -- heard that from my broker. Caveat empty plenti, plus I have loads of ABC. Also, unity bank closed on bid today (even my ajebo broker-alternate told me that one sef) -- caveat dey there too o, plus I have unity bank.

On niwicable, looks like peeps are holding the details tightly to their chest o. Even me tried to get the full gist out of the horselet's mouth (as per me no sabi the horse na  cheesy), but na so-so "hush, hush, don't tell anyone" I dey hear. Kai, looks like we have to wait for the media on that one, but there's definitely something brewing there.

@Roughcut, which one be "olori" again  cheesy Na wa o, there's nothing i've not heard on this forum cheesy

@savvylanre, the last time I talk neimeth, you say liver no gree you. You see yasef outside now? You for don do your 20% jeje and commot. Anyway, we learn everyday. Be sure to grab your own copy of Afroil o, me don grab. caveat dey there too o. But like I said yesterday, they're releasing results soon and rumor has it that it's a good one.

@Wanaj0, thanks for calling things back to order. I been wan go my own sabbatical before. Besides, any news on Negris yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
greentree:

up transcorp. i bought at 7.50 and want to recoup my initial capital.

up transcorp

Transcorp looking good for CICO now!!! You can gyrate from 3.50 to 4.20 weekly

maddam Windywendy, nothing on Negris OOOO. Even the FD is getting worried that hope people no dey plan to hijack the company with the amount of enquiries. They are considering a PP but nothing firm yet!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.