Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,019 members, 7,899,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:35 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826404 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2008
¬
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2008
yodiyokun:

And your point is, ?? undecided undecided
Mama Ore ,
Na yolk me I dey follow u yolk o. Say all these ppl wey dey always come here say thank u for the CICO tips u give me, that one no dey work, make dem send Canadian dollars,and na me be your secretary.

As u no come catch my joke, na to find one cartoon yab you! angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2008
"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2008
Kola Karim
CEO & Managing Director
Shoreline Energy

Mr. Kola Karim is the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Shoreline Energy International - a holding company with operations and investments in Energy and Infrastructure sectors.  His portfolio of companies include, Costain (WA) Plc, Costain Furniture and Joinery Limited, Shoreline Power Company Limited (formerly ABB Electrical Systems), Schlumberger T&P Nigeria, Premier Paints Plc, Fortis Construction Company Limited, Koda Trading Company, Davof Amsterdam and Agbara Shoreline Power Company Limited.

Mr Karim graduated in 1988 from City University, London after undertaking studies in Securities and Investment, which led to his appointment as a Trainee Manager at Guardian Royal Exchange, London.  This experience propelled him to a senior management role at the prestigious H. K. Beaumont and Associates also in the UK.

He started his entrepreneurial life with Koda Trading Limited, a company involved in the exportation of and importation of heavy machinery.  Having achieved tremendous success from running a small organization that now employs over 50 staffs, the immense experience gained led to diversification into other businesses.

During the course of his career, Mr. Karim attended courses locally and internationally including a general management program at the Harvard Business School to satisfy his constant quest for knowledge.

Kola Karim is married to Olufunke Karim and they are blessed with three children.  His interests include playing polo and football.  He is an Associate of the Institute of Directors in Nigeria and also an executive member of the Lagos Polo Club and Lagos Motor Boat Club.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2008
Folks - wetin dey happen for NSE today - wey results
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Folks - wetin dey happen for NSE today - wey results

Today na holiday for naija oh, business go resume tomorrow grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
orisebawo:

Today na holiday for naija oh, business go resume tomorrow grin
Na which holiday be that one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2008
loma:

Mama Ore ,
Na yolk me I dey follow u yolk o. Say all these people wey dey always come here say thank u for the CICO tips u give me, that one no dey work, make them send Canadian dollars,and na me be your secretary.

As u no come catch my joke, na to find one cartoon yab you! angry

No vex,

I actually laughed when I read it - but wasnt too sure about the context of the joke since it just came out of the blue!.

You know say me, I dey ask the thing whey I no understand?? I no be ITK - no be everything I sabi.

Sebi you be man?? How I for get man secetary na? Na woman I fit trust with my secretarial duties oooo!.

Btw - na only "yodi" I dey use for here ooooo abi you wan reveal the person whey dey under lagbaja mask! shocked shocked

However, I am still waiting for your cartoon oo?? I always dey laugh tire anytime I see them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Na which holiday be that one

Eid-el Maolud
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2008
E be like say @Pumping don do 360 degrees innit? from CICO to Fundamentals

You don dey talk PE ratio again ooo -- wetin you see?
and that your argument for small cap companies - that na change of strategy I sense so ?

Educate us on your direction gyration?

btw na CICO stock I dey talk about Niwicable---- but as e don turn around na --- my broker no fit get am to buy again.

Na only downward stock he fit buy - all others na "no vacancy on board"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2008
loma:

Kola Karim
CEO & Managing Director
Shoreline Energy

Kola Karim is married to Olufunke Karim and they are blessed with three children. His interests include playing polo and football. He is an Associate of the Institute of Directors in Nigeria and also an executive member of the Lagos Polo Club and Lagos Motor Boat Club.

I beg who be this Kola karim --- the guy just spring out of the blue dey dazzle folks?

I dey always fear guys wey dey play polo for naija or whey be members of polo club or boat club - those are the guys in the know,

I am hearing this name for this first time on this thread - there are silent millionaires everywhere.

Or is the guy representing some political interests?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2008
igetwicked:

Napolean

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #18880 on: March 03, 2008, 09:07 PM »

Rasputin

I bought for my staff and I got the certificate before I left. So I think you should ask your broker, possibly has come to his po box or call first registrars and tell them to keep it for you and either go or send somebody to pick it.

I was told today bagco is also ready but I cannot confirm what i have not seen. I can only confirm union diagnostic

EKWA (m)
« #21448 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04 PM »

INVISIBLE,my point is in respective people work for us we should treat them with respect and kindness to get best out of them even my gate man.In Nigeria I have 35 staff,I pay them monthly out of 35 staff ,I already given 21 car registered on their names.
My broker is not obliged to give me inside news and information for me to better my life and family.As my people use to say you use money to get money.

marco74 (m)
« #21449 on: March 15, 2008, 08:30 PM »

is it just me!!ekwa is sounding pretty much like elder napoleon?!anyway your contributions will be most welcomed if it assists other forum members in making more naira!!
@all what do u guys say about utc,japaul,and wapic medium term(9 months).thanks

I am beginning to think the same to,

foolish man.

no be you wey carry ur kia dey go hustle info. because you no see person you come dis place dey talk lies. i no know EKWA. so i no fit comment on him person. maybe

na real correct guy. as i said  this place is full of liars and cliques. IGETWICKED i dey hail you o. you know why. you dey save and print the wise words of

the person you dey insult. wink wink wink. but i dey wondey if anybody dey save ur garbage. your 600k pounds dey weigh down your brain capability o. better go and get

check up from blueband.

Oga pumping. i get some things wey i go unleash when i get the full info. but for now. all i go say is: him wey come to equity. let him come with

clean hands. or wettin suit you. you tell this place the full genesis. me sef go like to know. also it no good to gossip and cast aspersion on people.

it get one idiot wey come dis place dey yarn. i no even remember him yeye name sef. but since this issue be sore wound. make i use salt cleanse am. i no fit drop

names. but my wife, seyi and the other dude wey come go tell you say. Mallam Nap na big time personality for home. no doubt. foolish igetwicked. him no get 35 staff.

him dey into mining and the energy sector.  that day i go hilton my wife want climb down stairs enter trader vics. then tell am it no dey open. she explain say i suppose

meet people from nigeria. the man asked name. she no know but but say na banker or something. we sit down for lobby dey face elavator. by this time wifey dey spark

for me and Seyi don land. then the man said make we wait and my wife fit enter lift go up to windows restruant check if na the guest. maybe because na woman. it no

tey she come down dey call me i enter lift up. meet big time nigerian and lebanese personalities. Oga Nap said we suppose take business room wey we go fit all yarn

freely. that it no good to make noise for restruant. the bank MD wey dey stay for the hotel made small mistake. him think say traders vics day open for afternoon.so

Mallam dey tell staff make them bring laptop. log in and post for nairaland. even for that place the bank MD na middle belter and lebanese guy one of from a famous

family and the others all dey yarn in hausa. Oga Nap dey talk say it no good. dey yarn britico for Seyi and the other nairaland dude. i no get the dude name sef. come

give me position paper and financial accounts for two companies him dey mention for this place. tell me say no upload am because the na private documents. but scan

and email am around. explain some things never formally open but make i send in my cheque of interest. via the stock broker he go link me with. dey explain how

better pp are sold before them open sef. we discuss nse but the other guests no really send nse. only the guy wey dey board for telecom company dey yarn some

things wey go happen this year. the lebanese man come ask me and Seyi how much we get to face naija with . i explain i no know Seyi. come tell me with wettin i get.

with a few right investments its not hard to become a pound millioner on paper this 2008 only it no go be liquid for about 18 months. no be nse matter mainly. na for

part of him project him company get for free trade zone. my wife come explain we no dey so liquid like that. she talk say as we get 2 other buy to let. if person come

remortgage am. how person go make up the shortfall. plus we get mortgage on our primary residence. that its better to sell one flat wey we get since and get cash.

Seyi na engineer in Scotland. the lebanese guy give am link for company wey go employ am for this place and send am to naija as ex pat. but tell am say that

consultancy dey better. that him go dey better as consultant on waste management and water project on behalf of international body. it is better to ask Seyi wettin

dey sef. IGETWICKED because you get 600k pounds. person wey get exploration block with technical partners you want disgrace.na big time player for home fashi. him

explain say na nse a sideline. him take interest because he dey for sme bluec hip company boards. either in person or by proxy.dey invest for him company

pension. person wey introduce me to bank md and board members of telecom comps. person wey tell bank md find me auction property. dey assist me. i no fit insult.

i talk say many things wey happen for this place na jelousy cause am. many frustrated peeps wey maybe never get authorised stay for wey them dey. come

this place dey releave tension. but for me and my house i know wey i dey loyal. but to attack person wey no decieve person. wey give me new stock broker who dey

perform. like punk rocker. who dey buy for me and tells me when to settle payment. i dey happy with such stock broker na. if i get brocker who has a niche in

warehousing na my fault. no be connection. but to still be discussing person wey no send this place again. dey magnify am. it be like say somne people no fit fashi.

this easter weekend many personalites dey come. relax for london. i go meet some through my new links. and i go dey humble because i no know how things fit

change. i go hush my mouth. dey observe. because i no know am all. but i fit expand the one wey i take know.if say na assuming double personility come this place.

wettin dey. those of us that have met the man in question have started gaining through the links. did Mallam Nap ever solicit any person money for this place. na 419er

abi? person who dey invest with telephone number figures come talk for himsef. that no be RORO him dey do. him tell me say him no want insult anbody that time. but i

come understood the kind money him dey deal with based on him companies and board room positions. it no dey wise to enter RORO. fit distort market sef. but the

thing wey dey please him. tell me say that some of the companies that people dey hail before. him get good interest. and he no talk am because na unethical. the

strange thing na the stocks wey him mention for RORO all did well within the time limit him mention. him tell me say why him mention ropes for this place. dey assist

person. person wey dey drops hints wey people no fit decipher. person talk say na most of him transcorp has gone. him no dey shake for remaining units. since that

time you see am for your sef. but assist us that dsay. to smell the flowers and also get into construction stock wey no dey sell. at him detriment. abi you think say

he want carry go your 50m or even 300m sef. anybody wey dey london a beg try link am. you no go insult person again. na SW3 knightsbridge person dey live. no be

ass hole wey dey for SE28 dey yarn lies. jealousy be terrible something. person wey get wisdom go keep quiet dey watch. any deceiver so expose himself sooner or

later. the ignorant class wey put mouth for matter. no understand. busy person no dey read every page of nairaland. especially when him come to add and not to

subtract. person wey explain the koko. people wey no dey understand go vex dey complain. as if abroad, man know man no dey. because person come talk the truth

people dey angry. but Oga wanajo confirm some last week. and if you read an article today in proshare by DG sec. again na the same thing him confirm. my new

broker tell me say that if not for the intro him no want deal with me sef. that those diaspora people always like to yarn them rights and like to report people.

especially if you no dey 100% sure of the law. you go end up embarrass your sef become pariah. them no sabi that countries dey different. and relationship is key.

anybody you threaten to mess up or disgrace no go ever co-operate with you smoothly. its better to complain politely. and no forget many stock brokers na former

colleagues. either for bank or broking houses. before 1991 how many brokers dey nigeria. them sabi themself. many dey for same building around that marina side.

dey meet for stock exchange meeting. dey talk. person should not allow him name become re-occuring bad news.  embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry

i no even sure Mallam Nap dey read dr blueband apology. dey carry am for mind. but the thing wey dey rotten. blueband come yarn shxt. talk say na him no want

apologise. na the mafia tell am not to. so why apologise. show people he be small rat. was it by force. it was more dignified to ignore. as i get ignored. grin grin grin

anyway all na yahooze  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2008
IAA to list 28 billion share of 50 kobo. I got that from stockswatch nigeria.

28 billion shares? it seems they absorbed every single subscription
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2008
Gabza craze babe.

you go naija do runs abi.  wink wink wink

anybody reply i go fire o. i no want response

why respond. when all na  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

make i dey enjoy my redstar and dey look for more conoil sef. i no send this ego-centrified place.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2008
@greentree, nice write up
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2008
yodiyokun:

I beg who be this Kola karim --- the guy just spring out of the blue dey dazzle folks?

I dey always fear guys wey dey play polo for naija or whey be members of polo club or boat club - those are the guys in the know,

I am hearing this name for this first time on this thread - there are silent millionaires everywhere.

Or is the guy representing some political interests?

This man hasnt finished o, as in watch the name, we will be seeing more of him, he's the reason why I bought Costain in Oct, he's a young business man, not an old care taker, and so I knew they had business sense!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WrdTravelr(f): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2008
Please, I be newbie for here ooo,  na wich coy be IAA?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2008
Now to more serious things! cool

Can you simplify the following

A research team proceeded towards the apex of a natural geologic protuberance, the purpose of their expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was unspecified. One member of the team precipitously descended, sustaining severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomical structure; subsequently the second member of the team performed a self rotational translation oriented in the same direction taken by the first team member.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2008
yodiyokun:

E be like say @Pumping don do 360 degrees innit? from CICO to Fundamentals

You don dey talk PE ratio again ooo -- wetin you see?
and that your argument for small cap companies - that na change of strategy I sense so ?

Educate us on your direction gyration?

between na CICO stock I dey talk about Niwicable---- but as e don turn around na --- my broker no fit get am to buy again.

Na only downward stock he fit buy - all others na "no vacancy on board"

I no do 360 degrees ke. I just shift 30 degrees north.  As the market mood don change, na to follow change with am.  I stil dey for CICO but I want to stick to only fundamentally sound stocks for now until that raging bull shows face again. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kabraw(m): 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2008
Greentree exposed.
Good job fellas for educating the serious minded people.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2008
WHich ones na?

He who hesitates is lost.
Look before you leap.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Opposites attract.

You're never too old to learn.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Ask no questions and hear no lies.
Ask and you shall receive.

Don't change horses in midstream.
Variety is the spice of life.

Doubt is the beginning, not the end, of wisdom.
Faith will move mountains.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Two heads are better than one.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
Actions speak louder than words.

Don't cross the bridge till you come to it.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Silence is golden.
The squeky wheel gets the grease.

Clothes make the man.
Never judge a book by its cover.

The best things come in small packages.
The bigger, the better.

Dig the well before you are thirsty.
Don't cross the bridge till you come to it.

A miss is as good as a mile.
Half a loaf is better than none.

A miss is as good as a mile.
Something is better than nothing.

A good beginning makes a good ending.
It's not over till it's over.

Blood is thicker than water.
Many kinfolk, few friends.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
A man's reach should exceed his grasp.

There's safety in numbers.
Better be alone than in bad company.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Don't beat a dead horse.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2008
Kabraw; I beg you on behalf off all Nairalanders to remove that picture! See what the bible says;

Do not answer fools according to their folly, or you yourself will be just like them. Proverbs 26:4 (NIV)

No be me talk am o, anyone wey angry , make e follow attack Bible o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2008
¬
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbanbajo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hi Pumping777.

Please recommend to me a very good CICO (with some fundamentals) for pick-up tomorrow. Time horizon is 2 weeks max.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
For those who have the ability to read long "posts" to the extent of knowing its nice, here is something to keep you busy! kiss cry

Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?

Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?

Why do people go to Burger King and Order a Double Whopper with a Large French Fry and insist on getting a Diet Coke?

How do "Keep off the grass" signs get where they are?

Why do scientists call it re-search when looking for something new?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

Is it possible to be totally partial?

What's another word for thesaurus?

If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?

Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?

What do you do when you see an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Is there another word for synonym?

Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?

When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?

Why do they report power outages on TV?

How come price and worth mean the same thing, but priceless and worthless are opposites.

Why does an inspiring sight like a sunrise always have to take place at such an inconvenient time?

If the world is smaller why do postal rates keep going up?

If people don't like tailgaters, why do they buy bumper stickers?

If necessity is the mother of invention, why does so much unnecessary stuff get invented?

Why do we call a bad thing aweful while a good thing is awesome?

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

How come a nose runs, but feet smell?

Why is the time of the day with the slowest traffic called the rush hour?

Why is lipstick so called, when you can still move your lips?

If humans evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

If all those psychics know the winning lottery numbers, why are they all still working?

Why is it necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Why do supermarkets make sick people walk to the back of the store to collect their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?

Isn't it strange that a physician has nothing to do with physics?

Isn't it strange that a radiologist has nothing to do with radios?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2008
@questioner;  Hear what the bible says again in response to your question!

Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own.Proverbs 26:17

Without wood a fire goes out; without a gossip a quarrel dies down. (NIV)

For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, contention ceases. (AMP)

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. (KJV) Proverbs 26:20
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
For all the beautiful people on this thread, I devote this to you!
Two Wolves
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that was going on inside himself. He said, "My son, it is between 2 wolves. One is evil: Anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego,

"The other is good: Joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith, "

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one I feed."

-- Author Unknown
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2008
(
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2008
chei ,loma u wicked oh grin

na assignment u give me so, thanks man, big ups to u grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2008
What we need is for Wanajo,Aktopgun,FAtherof2,Pumping,Wendy,Mama Ore,IOMA,CrazyT,RoughCut and other gurus to agree to stop posting on nairaland and move to StockmarketNigeria.That is a more matured forum and better moderated.Once we achieve this we can continue discussing our stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2008
blueband:

What we need is for Wanajo,Aktopgun,FAtherof2,Pumping,Wendy,Mama Ore,IOMA,CrazyT,RoughCut and other gurus to agree to stop posting on nairaland and move to StockmarketNigeria.That is a more matured forum and better moderated.Once we achieve this we can continue discussing our stocks.

do u think it will help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.