Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,434 members, 7,940,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (832607 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2008
For all the FEUDING PARTIES, let there be a CEASE FIRE now PLEASE.

All offended parties should FIND grace in their hearts to FORGIVE. Don't let us create the impression that we cannot suatain anything GOOD.

For all those offended, accept my unreserved apology!!!!!!! We must not try to kill this thread. Let's celebrate the 700 Club (sorry 700 pages) with style!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2008
wanaj0:

For all the FEUDING PARTIES, let there be a CEASE FIRE now PLEASE.

All offended parties should FIND grace in their hearts to FORGIVE. Don't let us create the impression that we cannot suatain anything GOOD.

For all those offended, accept my unreserved apology!!!!!!! We must not try to kill this thread. Let's celebrate the 700 Club (sorry 700 pages) with style!!!!

Spoken like the true elder that you are. Thank you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2008
Another Breaking News!

The Nigerian Stock Exchange(NSE) hereby wishes to debunk rumours going round that somes stocks on the stock exchange have been placed on suspension.The exchange wishes to express its disappointment and surprise at the rate at which the rumour has caught on.We hereby unequivocally deny that the following stocks are on suspension,either full,mini,technical or technocrat.Please feel free to trade them.Do not be fooled by their current trend.

Zenith Bank
UBA
IBTC
Fidelity
Diamond etc.

Source; Daily Times Newspapers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2008
@All mediators in the house:
Thanks very much. Your intervention is much appreciated

It's quiet in here so I'd like to attempt a code of conduct. Please feel free to add, subtract and criticize. My userid has no hard feelings,

1. Address people by their chosen userids e.g.@userid and not as Oga, Aunty, Chief etc. If they wanted to be addressed any other way, they would have registered as ChiefFof2 or AuntyWindy for example.

2. Do not be quick assume that people have wicked intentions. There could be a genuine reason why a question doesn't get answered. Your chosen guru may be busy in the real world, working on their marriage, or simply didn't see your post.

3. If you address you query to a specific individual, be prepared to wait until they have time to answer. If they don't know the answer then you are probably out of luck.

4. Be nice. Userids particularly like it when other userids are nice to them.

5. Do not quote long posts in their entirety. It is often enough to quote only the relevant paragraph or sentence.

6. Delete double posts

To emulate @Samstone cool, Let me stop so far (like they used to say in love letters of long ago grin)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2008
Afroil and Capital oil are so funny companies!!! Who bought into them? How was the transaction done? Where is teh turn around plan? When last did they announce any result on the exchange?

AP and Big Treat are different at least we know what they are doing and they are releasing results. Even Nigeria Wire and Cable better pass them.

One thing that is also obvious is all the insider dealings!!! That is a real abuse that should be corrected
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by freemonee: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2008
lotus capital ethical investment po of **** ordinary shares of 1N each at 1N per share. Cud sum1 shine lite on
what this par value implies as compared to the regular 50k. I dont really have much faith in their investment etiquette
as it doesnt seem versatile enough to survive in this economy. Of course i cud be wrong. How far with standard alliance po,
good buy? Do the company projections seem reasonable?, jamb questions to be answered, stay tuned
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:45am On Mar 20, 2008
wanaj0:

Afroil and Capital oil are so funny companies!!! [Who bought into them? How was the transaction done? Where is the turn around plan? When last did they announce any result on the exchange?

AP and Big Treat are different at least we know what they are doing and they are releasing results. Even Nigeria Wire and Cable better pass them.

One thing that is also obvious is all the insider dealings!!! That is a real abuse that should be corrected

crazyT grin
and I'm sure he's asking the same thing with his over 3000% profit
looks like chairman pulled a Martha Stewart move!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2008
Naijadr:

crazyT grin

Not sure if I've shared thsi story on this forum before.

A man went to a Juju man to do a charm so that he will not die in a motor accident. Confident of this his charm, the man always drive recklessly on the road. Other road users concluded that he must surely be a mad man so they always grant him the right of way and practically move of the road to allow him pass. This basically made him to believe more in the efficacy of the charm

Another man went and did the same charm. He also was doing the same thing as per his drving. Wel, not long after, the two men met and none was willing to give each other way. of course each of them believe that he can not die in an accident. So at full throtttle, they had an head on collision and the rest is better imagined.

That you do the 'wrong' thing and get away with it foes not make it 'right'
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2008
@ALL

is there trading today? when is easter holiday in Nigeria?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2008
Naijadr:

crazyT grin

shhhh lipsrsealed Abegi no talk about my illegal looting o (made about 1700% with Afroil and 3400% with Capoil)

wall get ear, before you know am now they go say make I come pay back cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2008
there is trading as far as i know. today is the last day till tuesday next week.

on the NSE releasing this news of some other companies not being on suspension, i think it is really irresponsible at this time when ther's confusion in the market and many people are waking up to the news on capoil and afroil. it will only worsen the confusion.

what is the "etc" they added at the end of the news release about sef.

i am not surprised too much though, i anticipated something like this yesterday. no be naija!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2008
@ all
I said it, I wonder why it took our elders so much time to see this. (as per Napo)

@ easimoni
I always respect you, I respect you the more to fit apologies give Nap pikin, you be REAL MAN.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:24am On Mar 20, 2008
crazyT:

shhhh lipsrsealed Abegi no talk about my illegal looting o (made about 1700% with Afroil and 3400% with Capoil)

wall get ear, before you know am now they go say make I come pay back cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, you dey vex when I asked you to BANK some profits and the price still dey go up. Now you go don see how SEC go don FREEZE your speadsheet money!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by labinto: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2008
what  is happening in Dunlop .i had that there are crises in Dunlop  can any body tell me the latest gist
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2008
does anyone know d allotment ratio of costain ipo?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kayodus(m): 11:54am On Mar 20, 2008
dont think the allotment for costain has been released.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by coli: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2008
Hi AKTOPGUN,

Good morning. Please what can u say about insurance stocks after the capitalization. Do u think it is wise to invest short time in it? I would like to know ur opinion about Universal Insurance and LASACO Assurance. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
wanaj0:

Well, you dey vex when I asked you to BANK some profits and the price still dey go up. Now you go don see how SEC go don FREEZE your speadsheet money!!!

Why do you thing I awarded you with the title of "guru of the guru's"

I guess am just lucky to always know the right time to jump out of a sinking ship
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2008
Blood on the dance floor! grin

The alphabets are still heading south (abi south-south now?). I even hear say the bus climb the wedge three times! shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrPresidnt: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
@GreenTree,

Hey buddy, thanks for advice man, appreciate. I got what i wanted already so it doesn't matter how peeps drive their mouths anymore.

Cheers

Pres
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by labinto: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2008
guys i want every body to open their eyes search for information on Dunlop the smartest makes the highest money in stock don't be a baby boomer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2008
IEI don reach 6.60kobo.Wondering if I should sell now as I have made my investment back with some small change.Airservice for those of you who entered for CICO last week,guess you are smiling to the banks now.From 23 naira to 27 naira in a week.That one was a "mistake" buy by my broker but nothing spoil.Is Unhomes going to break it's all time high of 10 naira?Proshare seems to suggest this.That is a stock I have moved to medium term.Lets see what then end of year results have in stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Blueband,abeg how do you know what's happening on d floor?I ve tried registering with NSE live but that website too slow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2008
See as costain don add again today. This costain don become real OGWU-EGO (Blood Money).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2008
NSE website.It is damn slow .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Blueband

Forget NSE site. Check http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2008
Is it only me?This NSE is very powerful.Even more powerful than SEC.I thought SEC suspended trading on shares of AFROIL and CAPOIL?

Welcome to Nigeria.The 2 companies traded today even though they both lost.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2008
LETS THANK GOD 4 D MARKET CORRECTION DAT WERE WITNESSING.
ONE TIN IS 4 SURE,BUYERS WIT CASH ARE ENJOYIN DIS,WHILE SELLERS
DAT HV BEEN HOLDING BACK DUE TO GREED ARE SEEING D CONSEQUENCE.
ANYWAZ, I LOVE NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
ANYWAZ, I LOVE NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
blueband:

Is it only me?This NSE is very powerful.Even more powerful than SEC.I thought SEC suspended trading on shares of AFROIL and CAPOIL?

Welcome to Nigeria.The 2 companies traded today even though they both lost.

I dey see am too. That's very unfair. When Transcorp had problem, Auntie NDI protected them by suspending the stock from further trading. How come she ended up not doing so for Afroil and Capoil? Well, not that I have any KG's there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
But who should give the call for a suspension, SEC or NSE? If as I think it is SEC, then NSE has got on a collision course with their masters.

We neen conflicts like this to reassert authority flows and who should do what.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
cj2008:

ANYWAZ, I LOVE NSE

angry angry tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.