Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826653 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aje6767: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ all
its good to see this tread is picking up again, 'ago ole da bi ile'.
Does anyone have any news on Japaul PO? someone told me the certificates are out,is it true?

My wife received her Japaul PO certificate on Friday.It is ready.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2008
rasputinn:

@ Fof2

Got some kg of UBA,but I'll wait for Q3 result before deciding whether to shore up the kgs and sentence them to a life imprisonment(apologies Roughcut)

Ha ha ha! no offence taken. Infact i wold advise you to shore up your holdings in UBA i have and they are now serving a life sentence somewhere in my long-term portfolio. UBA belongs to the top three in the banking sector on the NSE wait for the half-year resuls. If you need to sell hopefully you have enough with bonus and you can sell those as someone suggested on the fatherland.

UBA is long-term and not a CICO stock o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aje6767: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi all,
I have #60,000.Please can anybody give me a tip of good buy smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:06am On Apr 14, 2008
@Iwerebor
Wassup man
i didnt get to read your post b4 i resigned for the week. Im still trying to effect the payment myself.

Ive been relying on someone to get the info myself. Hopefully i can get to sort out the payment this week
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:40am On Apr 14, 2008
@iwerebor
This is how it looks on the NSE site. . .

Back to Etherna, this happened to be the bid positions on friday
Eternaoil

Buy
Orders Volume Price
230 8,594,345 35.99
1 5,000 35.00
2 43,000 34.30
1 100,000 34.28
1 7,000 34.00
Sell
Price Volume Orders

BUY, BUY , BUY and BUY. No SELL
I expect these positions to play out on monday(Today)
but who knows sha, na NSE we dey?
i hope no one will come from nowhere to unleash some millions

have a great day!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2008
DANGER OF BORROWING MONEY TO INVEST IN STOCK MARKET ANALYSIS NICE READING:
REAL LIFE CASE STUDY

Sometime in 2004 we went to one of our clients to update him on his transaction of the day and the trend of the market for the same day. Getting to his office, he promptly and excitedly brought out a document duly signed by him for obtaining a loan from one of the big banks to buy stocks.

HE informed us that he had already given the bank a cheque for processing and c\documentation fees which was to take three (3) days to clear. He also brought out a list detailing the particular stocks which the bank insisted he must buy.

Looking through the list of the so-called blue-chip stocks and their prices at that time, we advised the client that he was not going to make any headway in the transaction.

Consequently, he took our advice and called-off the transaction, even against the vehement insistence of the bank to see through the transaction. After much analysis of the stocks, reason prevailed and the client took our advice and words of caution.

Two (2) years after the deal would have been done, the stocks selected by the bank for the client have remained stagnant. The reason being that the bank selected the stocks based on the ‘spur of the moment’ feelings, rather than on fundamental analysis.

It is better imagined the level of loss client would have incurred as the bank would still be charging its interest.

SOURCES:PROSHARE ARTICLE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2008
OANDO PLC
ANNUAL ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31ST 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N185.892b N209.078b
PROFIT BEFORE TAX N6.813b N3.794b
PROFIT AFTER TAX N4.755b N3.794b
PROPOSED DIVIDEND N6.00
PROPOSED BONUS ISSUE 1 FOR 5
CLOSURE DATE MAY 12TH TO 16TH 2008
PAYMENT DATE NIL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2008
Hi Guys,
Any body seen today's price list?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by member67023: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
Some people still dey confused as Seun rearrange the nairaland business section.

I was thinking he had deleted it for some reasons,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Fatherof2 where u dey na? E don tey small o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dokun23: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2008
where is everybody!since this bears don comot na so pips sef no dey visit this place. .posts come reduce drastically.anyway aktopgun still dey goodwork man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2008
harrisoft:

@ wanajo (father) well come,
@ fatherof2 (mother) well done,

the truth is we need you both, then our brain to balance things up,

the money is OUR'S the profit/loss is OUR'S

@ FatherOf2
Well, since you can’t come to our NewHOME (if you come home will be completed, home without mother is some how- no maggi cube touch). I think you have to continue posting here (a case of quarter bread that is better than half), I am missing you and feeling sick about the entire issue, it is affecting me , …
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2008
MOBIL RESULTS

TURN OVER N54.54BN
PAT N1.13BN
PROPOSED BONUS ISSUE =1 for 4
PROPOSED DIVIDEND =N4.70
Hmmmmmm,not bad for a company that posted a marginal dip in profit.Unfortunately moi is not STRATEGICALLY POSITIONED to partake of the above goodies

TOTAL RESULTS

TURN OVER N137.34BN
PAT N3.25BN
PROPOSED FINAL DIVIDEND =N6.40 (to bring it to a total of N9.50 when you add the N3.10 they paid last November)
NO BONUS (last bonus was in 2004 I think)

Well,at all at all na winch,so na God say man pikin hold small ground for here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2008
@ Iwerebor (F.A or H.C ? wink wink)

Anyway,this the link to NSE daily stock update

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/dailyposition.php#
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eudio(f): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2008
wasky-waja,

pls go to www.cscsnigerialtd.com, u will see the prices there

best of luck
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by obuchineme: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
pls help, i really need to sell off my little stock with dangote flour,its just 1000 unit i bought from the ipo.As much as i understand its importance i really need cash for an urgent investment.Please anyone that has a clue on how to go about it should contact me on 08053463578.peculiarkechy@yahoo.com.i live in lagos.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbidemiA: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2008
I just completed Beta 1 version of a web portal for Nigerian Stock. It has many tools(Charts, Graphs news and data) for analysing stock on technical and fundamental premises.

The Address is www.adten.net

Kindly review and send comments and suggestions to info@adten.net

Thank you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2008
Abidemi_A:

I just completed Beta 1 version of a web portal for Nigerian Stock. It has many tools(Charts, Graphs news and data) for analysing stock on technical and fundamental premises.

The Address is www.adten.net

Kindly review and send comments and suggestions to info@adten.net

Thank you.

Bros, good job u've done keep it up. will explore it more later 2nite
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2008
God bless you Seun cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dulamania: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2008
hi all, how fast is the bonus offered by a campany gets to the portfolio of the share holder.

please assist with quick reply.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:55am On Apr 16, 2008
bigjay01:

Fo2 et al

una still dey NASCON?, got in at 16.3. make i still hold. de thing no gree move

I'm expecting a NASCON breakout from its current price position any moment from now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:02am On Apr 16, 2008
harrisoft:

@ FatherOf2
Well, since you can’t come to our NewHOME (if you come home will be completed, home without mother is some how- no maggi cube touch). I think you have to continue posting here (a case of quarter bread that is better than half), I am missing you and feeling sick about the entire issue, it is affecting me , …

Don't be affected oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 8:08am On Apr 16, 2008
FatherOf2 welcome jare, na God go pay you back.

seun don finally apologies o.

http://www, com/seun_osewa_vs_concerned_newnigerians-t789.0.html

(where you have the  (www, com) put (w w w . n e w n i g e r i a n s . c o m embarassed without space b/w the words)

Make we accept the apology and move on.

Once again thank you for coming back to action.

we fit talk? harrisoft (at) yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2008
Princesege:
@FatherOF2
What's your opinion on Oceanic. I bought some kg at N27.95. Is it wise to offload now or hold?

Many thanks.

Didn't see this post ontime. But obviously you've seen last fridays reaction to Oceanic. All the energy cannot be spent on price appreciation mid year,there'll be nothing left for YE. If you're not a CICO person, i'll suggest you hold on,tight entry price there.

Meanwhile who has this UBA result wen dem say be lightning. I've not seen anything. Obviously UBA can't release a result wen its price is " TEMPORARILY HIGH".
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2008
FatherOF2:

Didn't see this post ontime. But obviously you've seen last fridays reaction to Oceanic. All the energy cannot be spent on price appreciation mid year,there'll be nothing left for YE. If you're not a CICO person, i'll suggest you hold on,tight entry price there.

Meanwhile who has this UBA result when them say be lightning. I've not seen anything. Obviously UBA can't release a result when its price is " TEMPORARILY HIGH".

Many thanks for your reply.
UBA has since been nosediving since Friday April 11. The so called lightning can be termed " market rumor" with no evidence to support the argument. My opinion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Agbo2(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2008
Someone pls advise on what stock I can invest in next week with N400k
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by scoscopiro(m): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2008
t
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by scoscopiro(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2008
stocks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2008
harrisoft:

FatherOf2 welcome jare, na God go pay you back.

seun don finally apologies o.
http://www, com/seun_osewa_vs_concerned_newnigerians-t789.0.html;msg4932;topicseen#msg4932

Make we accept the apology and move on.

Once again thank you for coming back to action.

we fit talk? harrisoft (at) yahoo.com

bro this your link no dey go o!

@father of many
you are wellcome back o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2008
D TRUTH IS DAT D 6MTHS 0F UBA IS REALLY A THUNDER.
21 BILLION PAT IS NOT A JOKE.THOUGH ITS NT OUT 4 ALL TO SEE.
I GUESS I CAN RELY ON MY SOURCES.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2008
@Fatherof2, great to hear from you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2008
cj2008:

D TRUTH IS DAT D 6MTHS 0F UBA IS REALLY A THUNDER.
21 BILLION PAT IS NOT A JOKE.THOUGH ITS NT OUT 4 ALL TO SEE.
I GUESS I CAN RELY ON MY SOURCES.

I understand sha.N21bn is not a joke, but let them announce it when its at N47, so we can chop inside.
See how skye misbehave the other day. They were trigger happy.No room for chopping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.