Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,011 members, 7,880,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822644 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:42am On May 08, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

Father of 2, debenzd
Thanks for your candid advice.
Baba luk at presco as its behaving, but me i dun pres-out today i no fit stay friday. Am considering Japoul to shade small before striking. Ikeja Hotel do past my power.

That was a good move Abu on Presco. I'll find my way today. N15.65 to N21.68 no be small profit. I won't wait for any result.Its probably factored into this price already. I'll CICO Zenith and UBA on friday. There was some added interest in Late trading for UBA yesterday.
Zenith is a very clever bank.Very conscious of its image, including its price image. I saw dem do this very well before the bonus of last year.They'll list now and ensure all certificates are out this May. Allow all the damage to be done in June and announce the FYE by last week of July when the price should probably be at the low ebb which they'll still manage. It will never be allowed to fall below the N45 price axis. They'll like that price to hover around N60 by year end.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:44am On May 08, 2008
nazzyon:

Holla

Some people are saying that their CSCS account has been credited from the last Bank PHB PO.

Make somebody confirm this tin now.

This was Atuche's quick assurance then. e-cert.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 9:30am On May 08, 2008
Fatherof2

Are you in first bank? Is this the real thing before results or a cico opportunity? Also Guarantee on the move, do yo think we should do a presco on this or wait? Finally, do you think Fidelity would represent at all?. Abeg forgive my too many questions in one. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 9:37am On May 08, 2008
FatherOF2:

That was a good move Abu on Presco. I'll find my way today. N15.65 to N21.68 no be small profit. I won't wait for any result.Its probably factored into this price already. I'll CICO Zenith and UBA on friday. There was some added interest in Late trading for UBA yesterday.
Zenith is a very clever bank.Very conscious of its image, including its price image. I saw them do this very well before the bonus of last year.They'll list now and ensure all certificates are out this May. Allow all the damage to be done in June and announce the FYE by last week of July when the price should probably be at the low ebb which they'll still manage. It will never be allowed to fall below the N45 price axis. They'll like that price to hover around N60 by year end.

FO2, why do you bold that CICO area? l thought you used to buy before you talk, abi u mean say u wan sell your CICO on Friday? hahaha, one love tongue

Abeg oo, l have not received my JAPAUL certificate, has everyone received theirs? the annoying thing is that my friend that used my address has received hers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2008
@father of two,
just contemplating on cicoing with you.cause right now zenith is on strong bid.but my own may be monday(when zenith tempo will decrease.)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2marto: 12:57pm On May 08, 2008
becuase of the fraudulent activities of some stock broking house, it is good to have a reputable broker or investment house that monitore your investment activities for you.

At enrich investment trust ltd, we take care of clients account, provide them with necessary stock investment advice so as to enable them makes more money.we we gyuide you and stand with you all the way through.

we are a financial service broker, apart from stock market operation we have range of investment options that suits your investment objective.this include:

1.Buying and selling of shares- for those who are interested in stock investment
2.portfolio management: we accumulate your various investment and manage them on your behalf at just a token fee.we provide regular market update as well as advice you on buy/sell decisions.
3.financial advisory and financial planning: for those needed help in planning their finance
4. loan service: business loan, share purchase loan etc.

we have something in store for every one
try us out today and you'll keep smiling for the rest of your life.

martojms@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:46pm On May 08, 2008
just received my FCMB certificate now. Whats happening to my Japaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 3:50pm On May 08, 2008
FatherOF2:

Zenith is a very clever bank.Very conscious of its image, including its price image. I saw them do this very well before the bonus of last year.They'll list now and ensure all certificates are out this May. Allow all the damage to be done in June and announce the FYE by last week of July when the price should probably be at the low ebb which they'll still manage. It will never be allowed to fall below the N45 price axis. They'll like that price to hover around N60 by year end.

Person for commot for Zenith today o!
E don dey do im magic again

Tomorrows exit a must!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 8:03pm On May 08, 2008
FatherOF2:

This was Atuche's quick assurance then. e-cert.

e-certificate? Shit

I did not provide my CSCS nos for all the 10 stocks I bought in the last POs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 7kasali: 10:26pm On May 08, 2008
just received my FCMB certificate now. Whats happening to my Japaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mypeace - i'm yet to receive my japaul certificate too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:49pm On May 08, 2008
@beginner, mypeace, husu,

These were cico opportunites for all those banks listed. Na the quick rush to collect them at the bargains which they were last week, that's why the sudden rises. GTB me still dey that one until i see that bonus.
But e be like bear don cause frusrtation for some people so tey dem no fit wait for friday sell.
I no fit cico my zenith again at this price, no room for the cico as people strike today.N3 cico no reach me there.
@ mypeace

no oh, i no dey selfish oh.i go tell you before i buy.

@ beginner

The fidelity graph i'm looking at looks promising. N10 plus has been a safe zone/resistance) and i see room for upswing.

@ husu,

we go soon cico dey go. Lets confirm market. No rush do anything oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 8:23am On May 09, 2008
FO2, l see ur point.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Harus(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2008
I highly commend all contributions from members. Thumbs up!

I'm ignorant, so not interested in the stock/shares stuff but as I read posts on this thread, I quickly conclude, without doubt, that the stock/shares is the fast lane of making cool money  smiley

I'v been buying material things with my money for the past 3years but I'v decided to go into stock/shares stuff now.
Its like I'v started regreting my stupidity for not buying shares for the past years  cry
Pls I would highly appreciate ur kind assistance on stock/shares from the scratch.
My e-mail address: ahmadaruna@yahoo.co.uk

I look forward to ur kind consideration pls. Thank u and God bless.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Harus(m): 8:38am On May 09, 2008
@ nairalanders

I hail u all. Please I need u now.
ahmadaruna@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by icemann(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2008
Harus:

@ nairalanders

I hail u all. Please I need u now.
ahmadaruna@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

bross go to a stock broker and buy ecobank shares now
i bought last year b4 the suspension at 7.85
the suspension was lifted on Monday.
as at mon it was 7.95. but today 9.18
thats more than 10% increase in 4 days. it will still rise to about N20
that will be in 4 weeks
so ur money may double in 1 month
but dont expect too much money
sometimes they dont turn out as expected
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Harus(m): 12:41pm On May 09, 2008
@ icemann

I appreciate d info. thank u but I still need to know about shares/stock as a beginner.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2008
icemann:

bross go to a stock broker and buy ecobank shares now
i bought last year before the suspension at 7.85
the suspension was lifted on Monday.
as at mon it was 7.95. but today 9.18
thats more than 10% increase in 4 days.[s] it will still rise to about N20
that will be in 4 weeks
so your money may double in 1 month [/s]
but don't expect too much money
sometimes they don't turn out as expected
ICEMAN,
You wish sad.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by temilaw25: 1:08pm On May 09, 2008
@ICEMANN
EcoBank is not available in the market right now as no broker is trading it on the floor as at today according to a source in the CSCS, cos when i saw your post i tried to take buy into it like u have said.
I am however interested in buying into a viable stock that any professional think would do well in a short time. I would appreciate all suggestions.

***What does the house think about ZENITH EQUITY FUND.  I just invested into it , i hope it's a good deal?

Many thanks to the house
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2008
@father of two, i can see that these is realy a minibull run,dey wan kill UBA.Its down.iam selling my oceanic on monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:13pm On May 09, 2008
MyPeace:

just received my FCMB certificate now.  Whats happening to my Japaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i received my japaul certificate a couple of weeks ago. it was sent to my address
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:25pm On May 09, 2008
wetin come dey happen now!! make nothing serious happen oo, cuz l don already dey calculate my profit grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2008
@all,the market is showing positive signs,insurance companies are back to the market,i mean the good ones
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by usoldier(m): 8:05pm On May 09, 2008
Which insurance stock should i buy - is sterling bank a good buy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:50pm On May 09, 2008
MyPeace:

wetin come dey happen now!! make nothing serious happen oo, because l don already dey calculate my profit grin

Nothing dey happen. This kind of thing is expected. Na bad belle selling just dey take place. "Apprehension", "Fear", fear of a repeat occurence of the last experience. Some just see it as an opportunity to quickly get out of their lossing positions.A few will just be recovering.
I am actually waiting for the "NSE Rhythm" to commence, when the rhythm is confirmed, we can start picking from the weekly loosers chart.
But my lasaco is performing big time.ThankGod i cancelled my price limit to enter. That tin bad sometimes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:11am On May 10, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ beginner

The fidelity graph i'm looking at looks promising. N10 plus has been a safe zone/resistance) and i see room for upswing.

@ Fatherof2, I no understand this Fidelity talk. Do you mean that the resistance level of 10.5 has been attained? You know PO shares never enter so I suspect that the price may get to like 9 naira because of there overbloated share capital.
I am wary of Fidelity. See how PHB has started crediting people's CSCS with the shares. PHB is not going anywhere for now. Same with Zenith. na just to wait out the period and position when t has really dipped enough. Abi how u see am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2008
FatherOF2:

Nothing dey happen. This kind of thing is expected. Na bad belle selling just dey take place. "Apprehension", "Fear", fear of a repeat occurence of the last experience. Some just see it as an opportunity to quickly get out of their lossing positions.A few will just be recovering.
I am actually waiting for the "NSE Rhythm" to commence, when the rhythm is confirmed, we can start picking from the weekly loosers chart.
But my lasaco is performing big time.ThankGod i cancelled my price limit to enter. That tin bad sometimes.

As the prices continues fall it is creating chances for new sets of investors. And I believe it will work well for short interm investors. In the mean time we need to wait for the right time to join.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2008
Hey fellas. Thought i'd share this little research i've done on WAPCO. Enjoy it, i did.

LAFARGE WAPCO (New name from Feb 2008)
Established 1959, Listed on the NSE Feb 1959 under Building materials sector
MD-Mr George Lourandous (Greek fella)- This guy was former DMD/Chief operating officer of AshakaCem
Yr end: DEC 31ST
Registrars: City Securities
Outstanding Shares:  3,001,600,004.
Owned by Larfarge France when Larfarge bought Blue Circle UK on 1st July 2001. (Blue Cricle were the former owners). So u could say WAPCO came with the deal.( Lafarge France also own Ashaka Cement by the way.). Lafarge are the world’s largest cement producers and are in the top 3 of each sub-sector of the building materials sector in the world.

Share holding structure:
Foreign investor holding company- Lafarge France through the following:
AIC UK-36.481%
AIC NIGERIA-23.041%
Lafarge Nigeria-0.480%
Total % owned by Lafarge: 60.002%
Other Share holders:
O’dua group of companies-11.765%
Nigerian Public- 28.233%
Its interesting that the Chairman of the board as at 2005 owned 0 shares in WAPCO until yr end when he bought a whole 25,000 (yes 25,000 units only)

Subsidiaries: Portland paints & Product Nig. Ltd., Portland Electrical repairs Ltd., and Nigeria Kraft Bags ltd. 

Cement plants in Ewekoro(established 1960, upgraded August 2003) and Sagamu ( established in 1978) in Ogun State.
As at the end of 2005 both plants had a combined capacity of 2.1 metric tonnes (1.32 metric tonnes from ewekoro, the larger of the 2).

Turnover:
2001 13,410,247,000
2002 12,459,539,000
2003 13,729,548,000
2004 22,095,823,000
2005 26,626,109,000 (this is where u start to see the effect of the upgraded ewekoro plant on turnover)
2006 39,647,000,000
2007 38,665,000,000
Turnover increased from 9.52billion in 1Q 2007 to 11.03billion in 1Q 2008

Point to note here is in 2007, WAPCO had 75 days in total that production was suspended due to gas disruptions – an unresolved problem, a microcosm of the general power problem in Naija. An estimated 350kilo tonnes lost in 2007

PBT:
2001 1,079,903,000
2002 21,512,000million (eventually made a loss before tax for this yr because of an exceptional item of 1,132,896,000. Net operating loss
                                         after exceptional item was 1,111,384,000 for 2002)
2003 loss of 3,070,884,000
2004 loss of 1,711,977,000 (total loss before tax was 3,159,346,000 because of another exceptional item)
2005 3,194,635,000 (from here the dividends of the new plant becoming apparent)
2006 11,856,000,000
2007 12,536,000,000

PAT:
2001 980,266,000
2002 loss of 1,392,050,000
2003 loss of 3,174,956,000
2004 loss of 3,401,129,000
2005 2,763,164,000
2006 10,678,000,000
2007 10,679,000,000 (PAT was N10,946,000,000 in 3Q 07 but WAPCO made a loss in 4Q 07. This continued into 2008 as the
PAT fell by 35% in 1Q 2008 from 2.64billion in 1Q 2007 to 1.95billion in 1Q 2008. This worries me as turnover increased in 1Q 08 but PAT went down for the same period. That suggests to me that the cost of production and or distribution has increased of late.

DPS                                                               EPS                                               ROE                                  Profit Margins                         
2001 0kobo                                                   86kobo                                         9%                                        7%
2002 0kobo                                                   -81kobo                                       -15%                                    -11%
2003 0kobo                                                   -N1.85kobo                                 -53%                                    -23%
2004 0kobo                                                   -N1.98kobo                                 -129%                                  -15%
2005 30kobo                                                 92kobo                                        19%                                       10%
2006 N1.00                                                   N3.56                                           42.68%                                  26.9%
2007 N1.20kobo                                           N3.56                                           42.68%                                  27.62%

Highlights:
1.As at half year june 2007 Long term debt stood at N7.9billion (current estimates are about N5billion, AGM is in May 2008)
2.Planned to add 300kilo tonnes capacity in 2007 but plans stalled, not expected to happen earlier than 3Q 2008 now.

3.Multiple factors put the company’s future in doubt:
-the coming on stream of several other compatitiors, notably the Dangote group (BCC (900,000 tonnes/yr),OBAJANA with 4.7Metric tonnes in kogi, its ibese Ogun state plant with 2.3 metric tonnes, its odukpani plant in Cross river with 2.3metric tonnes, a dangote group total of  11.2metric tonnes compared to WAPCO’s 2.1metric tonnes from its Ewekoro and Sagamu plants). In 2005, a yr after BCC came back online for example, BCC cornered 8% of the entire cement market from a position in 2004 where they had no functioning plant in 2004.(turnover for BCC in 2004 was 0!!)

Remember that competition in the Cement market is mostly region based due to the high costs of production and distribution ie WAPCO now has competition in the South West from Dangote as Dangote now has a cement plant in Ogun state like WAPCO. Dangote is in 2 other regions ie middlebelt competing through BCC and Obajana against CCNN and possibly Ashaka Cement.

The FGN also ordered the reopening of a cement baging plant in Ibeto Portharcourt mid last yr as well, adding to the proliferation of
New cement manufacturing companies in several parts of the country.

WAPCO is expected to gradually lose the most market share to the dangote group in the future and may lose less to the other cement companies.

4.A meeting with foreign fund managers Renaissance Capital, WAPCO management admitted the possibility of a shrinkage in the company’s lime stone reserve following a feasibility study conducted by WAPCO that showed that about 50% of its limestone deposit was underwater. Management says there is a 50-50 chance that the impaired limestone cannot be used for cement production. According to them this may lead to significant limitation to medium term capacity expansion, the key driving element of the company’s growth. I wrote above that the company’s planned expansion by 300 kilo tonnes has been delayed for a yr now. – Rennaissance Capital Research portal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 10:26pm On May 10, 2008
@All,
Is BabnkPHB actually crediting cscs acc. Did they return money. I bougth 20,000 units and have not heard from my broc
ker as per returned money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 10, 2008
hmm, true
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:42pm On May 10, 2008
I called FIRST REGISTRAR yesterday and they confirmed that they've been crediting account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Edenitis(m): 5:23am On May 11, 2008
I wish to spend N500k this week on a 4 month investment. Could somebody advise which stock is most likely to benefit me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2008
Fof2,

Do you know what has become of the proposed PO from AP?

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.