Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,008 members, 7,880,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822642 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 6:10pm On May 16, 2008
soloqy:

@pumping, omoba, could you contact me at infoatsynchronizeit.com . Its important and urgent. Need to get intouch with omoge about the other place. I may be able to help.

I have sent you an email. Will be off-line for almost 2hrs, but you can still get in touch with details provided.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrCee(m): 6:12pm On May 16, 2008
@ debenzd

Thanks a lot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 6:45pm On May 16, 2008
debenzd:

Mr Cee,

It is the same. The guy said there would be no need filling the form as they are alloting all the shares. I don't know how that will work out though.

I don't understand.
I have collected my returned money. I went there personally (sterling registrars) and picked my cheque.
So are they saying the cheque will not clear? I am not interested in any full allotment anymore. I have other things on my mind. I'm sure my bankers must have paid in the cheque by now.
However, I noticed that the cheque was written for me when I got there, meaning that they hadn't prepared the returned monies, meaning they weren't planning to return any money. or what do you guys think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:48pm On May 16, 2008
About the other place - we are back. life and direct.

Uba Rocks - so my source was correct. I don hammer be that. I never verify yet and dont intend to verify till later this year but no shaking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2008
newnigerian is back and running. lets relocate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:17pm On May 16, 2008
Thanks everyone here, be seeing you.

Chei! I still dey cry for selling my UBA, oversmart, na im dey kill monkey.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2008
invisible!:

Thanks everyone here, be seeing you.

Chei! I still dey cry for selling my UBA, oversmart, na im dey kill monkey.

I have mixed feelings for the UBA unaudited results and 1 for 2 bonus.

Thier 18+Billion PAT was way below par for its league;last in fact amongst Zenith,First Bank,Oceanic, Of course their low shares outstanding offsets this and brings up thier EPS to still surpass those other banks mentioned.

But more importantly,this carrot-on-a-stick early bonus!. . . . .Buy UBA above N70 at your peril if you are a short-termer! Investors are wising-up and would be weary of the impending reduction in EPS by 33.3% which is what I calculate that to be,once the new shares are listed.Therefore,the price may not so much be madly driven-up even in the short-term,as days before.

I base this analysis on the assumption that it is mainly long-termers that maintain a sustained upstream in a stock's price in a situation like this.

Fundamentally in the long-term,a bonus script does not change the total value of a stock.

Caveat Emptor. . . My own personal opinion!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2008
@all concern,
plz where is the other home. want to belong too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bagoma(f): 1:45pm On May 17, 2008
@ kingzy
the other home is called new nigerians forum. google it.
we can't post the link here as seun has disallowed such.

better still, its www dot new then nigerians then dot com. you take out both "then". hope u catch my drift.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2008
kingzy:

@all concern,
plz where is the other home. want to belong too.

Ok the other home is

w
w
w
n
e
w
n
i
g
e
r
i
a
n
s
c
o
m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 3:00pm On May 17, 2008
I can;t seem to post on to the New forum but o cld log on
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2008
Which of these stocks are/is a good buy for a short term?

REDSTAREX   9.97

BIGTREAT       8.59

UTC                7.05

FIRSTALUM      6.73

CONTINSURE   4.81 ------------------- FYE - DEC 31

CONERST         4.85 -------------------- FYE - DEC 31

GOLDINSURE   3.40

MBENEFIT        4.69 --------------------- FYE - DEC 31

ETERNA OIL    34.99

ABCTRANS      5.95

DUNLOP         4.49 ---------------------- FYE - DEC 31
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:19am On May 19, 2008
Fatherof2

Where art thou? Are you enjoying your UBA loot? I am waiting for GTB and I am getting tired of waiting. I hope it is another UBA.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2008
BAGCO: Investors to approach agents for offer certificates

Meristem Registrars Limited has urged investors to approach agents on the non-receipt of the Nigerian Bags Manufacturing Company Plc (BAGCO) share certificates. Bunmi Oguntoye Registrar/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Meristem Registrars Limited, Registrars to the offer confirmed this to Proshare NI in Lagos Nigeria.

Oguntoye confirmed to Proshare NI that Meristem has dispatched through the post office every share certificate not sent to agents. “If any investor has not received his or her share certificate by now; then the person should approach the Stockbroking agents to collect” he said.

He also confirmed to Proshare NI that 700,000 investors took part in the BAGCO offer and about 400,000 investors are to get the e-certificate.

Prior to this time, Oguntoye had confirmed to Proshare NI when BAGCO came to list its shares on the floors of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) that Meristem had sent out 300,000 from the 400,000 who are to get the e-certificate to the Central Securities Clearing System Limited (CSCS) for verification and confirmation in order to get the e-certificate” he said.

He confirmed to Proshare NI that the total amount of return money is put at N13 billion. Late 2007 BAGCO approached the Nigerian Capital Market to raise fresh funds by offering to members of the investing public 1.865 billion ordinary shares of 50 Kobo at N3.90 Kobo per share.

Proshare
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 11:05am On May 19, 2008
Fellow Nairalanders,

My apologies for being away for a long time. I have been very busy, and I guess the long reign of the bears did not help matters.

I have been thinking (especially in view of the current market-bashing) that it is high time one looked beyond the stock market into other business ventures within Nigeria and abroad. The NSE, no doubt, is still a gold mine, but I daresay one should not put all his/her eggs in one basket.

I have been toying with the idea of a collaboration between Nigerians in Nigeria and abroad for sometime now. I have come up with a couple of ideas, ranging from real estate, entertainment, engineering and IT, and would be glad if a few willing people can team up with me to form a small consortium. The ideas, by the way, are still at their embryonic stages, and would need to be developed along with other ideas fellow collaborators may have.

I am therefore calling on Nairalanders who may have been thinking along the same line to indicate interest so that we can work out the modalities to us start something. I believe it is worth a trial. Of course, there are lots of challenges, including the fact that this could be a scam, but I also believe that these could be handled.

Please indicate interest by sending a mail to: ike_onyebu@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:19pm On May 19, 2008
Highlander:

Fellow Nairalanders,

My apologies for being away for a long time. I have been very busy, and I guess the long reign of the bears did not help matters.

I have been thinking (especially in view of the current market-bashing) that it is high time one looked beyond the stock market into other business ventures within Nigeria and abroad. The NSE, no doubt, is still a gold mine, but I daresay one should not put all his/her eggs in one basket.

I have been toying with the idea of a collaboration between Nigerians in Nigeria and abroad for sometime now. I have come up with a couple of ideas, ranging from real estate, entertainment, engineering and IT, and would be glad if a few willing people can team up with me to form a small consortium. The ideas, by the way, are still at their embryonic stages, and would need to be developed along with other ideas fellow collaborators may have.

I am therefore calling on Nairalanders who may have been thinking along the same line to indicate interest so that we can work out the modalities to us start something. I believe it is worth a trial. Of course, there are lots of challenges, including the fact that this could be a scam, but I also believe that these could be handled.

Please indicate interest by sending a mail to:

oh boy as u display your email addy like this, na inviatation to spam be that oooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 3:41pm On May 19, 2008
bigjay01:

oh boy as u display your email addy like this, na inviatation to spam be that oooo

Thanks. Should have known better!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2008
Highlander:

Thanks. Should have known better!

Really,then why are you still leaving it there?Why not delete it by modifying and ask bigjay to do you same favour,so peeps will not smell a rat with your format proposal
Or is it that there's more to this than meets the eye? cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 11:17pm On May 19, 2008
@ Invisible, i can see u online.Its not fair what u guys are doing to us on the other site.I forgot my password ,for 4 days they have said they wd retrieve it for me and for 4 days, i have tried to open a new account and they keep saying they have sent the details to my e-mail but nothing has been done.

Why is Omoge doing us like this?Tell him sm of us are very upset
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 11:32pm On May 19, 2008
For anyone interested, there is a PP which wd be of benefit to anybody interested.I actually don't know how i can paste the Prospectus but the website of the company is swap-ng.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:25am On May 20, 2008
@Rhemagirl, I will PM Omoge at the other side, just be careful about all these PPs, there is some warning from Wanajo, Aktopgun etc to look well before puting money in PPs, see you at the other side.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 10:43am On May 20, 2008
@invinsible.Thanks for ur great help.Also i agree with u ,one has to be very careful abt PP but this is a company that i know very well.Apart from the fact that u are going to make ur money times 2 when they list later this yr,they also have plans to list on the London Stock Exchange
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:07am On May 20, 2008
@ All,

Does anyone have an info on Starcomms Private Placement.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:57pm On May 20, 2008
Today's result

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx

Bloooood on d dance floor!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

Does anyone have an info on Starcomms Private Placement.

check SMN for Starcomm PP

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/private-placements/937-starcomms-pp.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2008
japaul

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:02am On May 21, 2008
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

MISSING PERSON

NAME - FATHEROF2

DATE LAST HEARD OF - 16 MAY 2008

RELATIONSHIP - NAIRALAND FAMILY MEMBER

PLEASE CONTACT SEUN OSEWA OR THE NEAREST STATION WITH ANY RELIABLE INFORMATION

REWARD - 1 MILLION SHARES OF AFROIL
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2008
beginner:

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

MISSING PERSON

NAME - FATHEROF2

DATE LAST HEARD OF - 16 MAY 2008

RELATIONSHIP - NAIRALAND FAMILY MEMBER

PLEASE CONTACT SEUN OSEWA OR THE NEAREST STATION WITH ANY RELIABLE INFORMATION

Hhahaha very funny,I understand your desperation though but softly soflty now alright
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2008
Rhemagirl:

For anyone interested, there is a PP which wd be of benefit to anybody interested.I actually don't know how i can paste the Prospectus but the website of the company is swap-ng.com

@ Rhemagirl,
Which swap is this now,is it Tunde Okikiola's swap that is into telecomm infrastructure provision or another swap?
Shed more light please
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2008
rasputinn:

@ Rhemagirl,
Which swap is this now,is it Tunde Okikiola's swap that is into telecomm infrastructure provision or another swap?
Shed more light please

So swap and IHS are both doing PP's at the same time? undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akangbee(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2008
@0la007,
Abeg what is the IHS into?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2008
akangbee:

@0la007,
Abeg what is the IHS into?

ihs is into the same thing that swap is into.i.e provision of telecomm infrastructure for GSM operators.
With the PPs,they are sure looking @ expanding their scope of operation

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.